Metal Storm logo
Skyclad - Vocalist To Release Solo Album

Global Music are pleased to announce the release of Flying In The Face Of Logic, the first solo album from singer/songwriter Kevin Ridley - producer/vocalist with folk-metal pioneers Skyclad. The album will be released on July 4th.

Watch the video for the first single, "Point of Departure", below.

The album contains 14 original tracks, mainly inspired by the singer's native Northeast (England) so fittingly, it features several northern session players - notably Northumbrian pipes player Andy May, Folkworks fiddle player, Sophy Ball, and Blitzkrieg's Dave Anderson on bass - as well as contributions from the current members of Skyclad.

Ridley describes the record as a form of continuation from Skyclad's Semblance of Normality: "Semblance... was the first album where all the band members involved had roots in Northern England and references were buried within the songs. It was something I wanted to explore, so Flying In The Face Of Logic became autobiographical and based upon my personal stories of life, love and growing up in the North-East of England."

After spending 35 years in the music industry, engineering and producing for thrash-metallers Venom, Forgodsake, Anathema, Pariah and Skyclad, Kevin Ridley took the opportunity to emerge from behind the mixing desk and experience the role of a player, rather than Producer. Five years in the making, Ridley described the journey of writing the album as a challenge of learning "how to fly and make my own rules".

Flying In The Face Of Logic was produced by Kevin Ridley, recorded at Newcastle's Blast Studio, and mixed by Dario Mollo (Glenn Hughes/Tony Martin/Lacuna Coil).

Source: demolitionrecords.com
Band profile: Skyclad
Posted: 30.05.2011 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 2   Visited by: 29 users
31.05.2011 - 00:48
Chainer
Witch Hunter Gen
Does that art remind anyone of the "thing" vehicle from South Park?
----
Written by Dangerboner on 02.11.2009 at 08:11

Everything he doesn't like is metalcore. Britney Spears, Elton John, Michael Moore, and green beans are also metalcore, in case you guys didn't know.
31.05.2011 - 06:51
mikeprado30
Very interesting, shall put the ears above this release A.S.A.P
----
BARDS WE ARE, BARDS WE WILL BE!

Hits total: 2999 | This month: 7