04. Earth Country
05. Illumination
06. Black Hole
07. In There
08. Dark Side
09. God's Snake
10. On The Top Of It All

Additional info
Recorded and engineered by Kris Frediksson at Little Rock Studio (Switzerland).
Mixed by Fredrik Nordstöm at Fredman Studio (Sweden).
Mastered by Erik Broheden at Masters of Audio (Stockholm).
All music by Xy, all lyrics by Vorph, except "Dark Side" music and lyrics by Vorph.
Produced by Xy.
Artwork, layout and design by Patrick Pidoux.

Staff review by
jupitreas
Rating:
N/A
Vorph and Xy are not to be trusted. Samael's latest album Above is one with a history of disinformation, misdirection and outright lies. It all started off as a bloated concept of Gorillaz proportions with a virtual band called "Above" playing songs written for them by the Samael boys. Well, this was a lie. Moving on, Vorph then announced that it would be the missing link between Ceremony Of Opposites and Passage. Again, this was a lie. Finally, the band decided to play one of the new songs on their Winterfest tour and it turned out to sound similar, although a little darker, to Samael's most recent output. Guess what? This was also a lie. If this song does in fact appear on Above, it is completely unrecognizable to me.

Read more ››
published 14.04.2009 | Comments (14)

Found in 4 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 4   Visited by: 240 users
01.06.2011 - 10:03
SymphonyImpaled

How in fucks name does this album even have a 7? I've heard a few songs from their past which have been decent enough but this album takes the cake for disapointing buys.
I've been listening to metal for over ten years and this album is still beyond comprehension... Its like all the stereotypes soccer moms love like "mindless banging" "not even music" and "satans asshole" Well now i know what they heard to think that...
06.12.2013 - 00:05
Rating: 7
mz

I had not any previous experience with this band but presumed that this album suck. Good thing I was wrong. I simply enjoyed it
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
11.05.2015 - 23:49
Rating: 7
sbgmetal

"on top of it all" is the shit
31.05.2015 - 15:21
Rating: 8
Isalith

Definetely not what I was expecting but dude, I love it. I wish all of Samael's albums were like that. I am a huge fan of Black Metal and this album is nearly pure Black Metal with a slight Industrial edge to it.

Hits total: 10907 | This month: 11