Metal Storm logo
Skeletonwitch - Begins Tracking New Record

Skeletonwitch entered a Los Angeles studio yesterday (Wednesday June 1st) with producer Matt Hyde (Slayer, Machine Head, Kreator) to begin recording the follow up to 2009's Breathing The Fire.

The as-yet-untitled album, expected to be released this fall, features the track "The Infernal Resurrection," the demo version of which appears as the B-side on the soon-to-be-released final 7-inch of a limited-edition vinyl trilogy. This will mark the first recording with their new drummer, former Demiricous skin-pounder Dustin Boltjes.

Commented axe-man Scott Hedrick: "Waiting fucking sucks! So, after months of writing, it's great to finally be in the studio tracking the new album. It's not rocket science... it's epic, it's brutal, it's fucking Skeletonwitch! We can't wait for everyone to hear it.

We'd also like to officially welcome aboard our newest member Dustin Boltjes. He's a great fucking dude and an animal behind the kit. We couldn't have found a better fit. Welcome aboard, brother!"

After finishing tracking, the band will head to Europe for a run of dates which will include stops at several festivals. As reported yesterday on MetalSucks, the band will be participating in a fall North American tour along with Chthonic and two other bands, which will be announced on the site in the coming days.

Source: prostheticrecords.com
Band profile: Skeletonwitch
Posted: 02.06.2011 by BudDa

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 5   Visited by: 50 users
02.06.2011 - 14:48
malaikat

Can't wait! Just love these guys
02.06.2011 - 15:08
Edmund Fogg

Sweet discovered them at heavy mtl and breathing the fire as been in my mp3 player ever since. Can't wait to hear what they have in store next.
----
You cannot sedate all the things you hate - MM
The Observer is the source of reality - Bloom
God damn it!! What did Diddy didn't do? - Satan
02.06.2011 - 19:12
Aetherius

Yeah!!!! this will be awesome!
02.06.2011 - 23:11
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
No Tony Laureano? Oh well, I guess he was just a session guy...
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
03.06.2011 - 10:57
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Oh nice really enjoyed their last output
----
loves 小巫

Hits total: 2075 | This month: 1