03. El Regreso
04. Perdido
05. Hacia El Infierno
06. El Amor De Una Madre
07. Contra El Viento
08. En Un Lugar Sin Dios
09. Tu Ausencia
10. El Último

What a weird cover coming from WarCry! It's like if we were brutally taken out a dream to face the real world. Have they decided to drop all signs of fantasy off their music?

Yes, this album is a bit different from the previous ones, and the greatest change is that it's more heavy metal than power metal. There are almost no fast drumming passages in this album! But don't worry, it sounds 100% WarCry, and also 100% Víctor García. You'll find choruses to sing within every song, some very good riffs (the introduction of "El Anticristo") and a ballad, "El Amor De Una Madre." One of my favorite songs on this album is "Tu Ausencia," a cool heavy ballad with some jazzy and percussive background parts in a verse.

A quite catchy album I must say, though I've never really been a fan of WarCry because of two things: I find it not original enough and lacking conviction. This album is no exception. If you're searching for something new I guess there are better albums to discover, but don't be fooled by the name of the band: WarCry doesn't play the kind of power metal you could expect from such a name. Of course if you like the band's previous works then you'll love this "¿ Dónde Está La Luz ?"

Note that there's a limited edition on sale, with a bonus DVD containing interviews and some shots from the recording sessions.

Written by wrathchild | 26.07.2005

Comments

Comments: 8   Visited by: 39 users
20.09.2006 - 23:47
Dam3k

23% agree with the review, as always underrated gl
----

21.09.2006 - 00:30
Rating: 7
wrathchild

Written by Dam3k on 20.09.2006 at 23:47

I even think I overrated this album... The one thing I can hear when listening to this album is the lack of inspiration.
It's not a bad album, but nothing to fancy about. I doubt WarCry fans consider this one as the band's best album.
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
21.09.2006 - 01:15
Dam3k

Written by wrathchild on 21.09.2006 at 00:30

Written by Dam3k on 20.09.2006 at 23:47

I even think I overrated this album... The one thing I can hear when listening to this album is the lack of inspiration.
It's not a bad album, but nothing to fancy about. I doubt WarCry fans consider this one as the band's best album.

It's as good as the others... I don't understand, when a band innovates and change style it gets bad critics and when it stays the same way, get bad critics too... that's why I think they are underrated, the metal situation here in spain is really hard... few people listens to it and the rest think it's evil, so let this people do his work I don't really mind if they don't innovate, at least they do spanish metal... Dark Moor is less or equally original and has more success, the different is they sing in english and that changes all. I can assure and bet whatever that if this band would sing in english won't be that underrated
----

21.09.2006 - 11:54
wrathchild

Written by Dam3k on 21.09.2006 at 01:15

It's as good as the others... I don't understand, when a band innovates and change style it gets bad critics and when it stays the same way, get bad critics too... that's why I think they are underrated, the metal situation here in spain is really hard... few people listens to it and the rest think it's evil, so let this people do his work I don't really mind if they don't innovate, at least they do spanish metal... Dark Moor is less or equally original and has more success, the different is they sing in english and that changes all. I can assure and bet whatever that if this band would sing in english won't be that underrated

Well, sure, this album is different from WarCry's previous efforts, but still it's not really innovating, it's more standard to me. At the same time, Stravaganzza brought some real innovations to the Spanish scene for example.
On the other hand, I agree that this album is way better than the latest releases from Tierra Santa and Saratoga, who are more famous than WarCry, since those two albums are plain as hell and if they happened to sing in English, they would probably be even less famous (same for WarCry).
If Dark Moor became famous, that's mostly because they released their first album back when power metal was dominating the metal scene worldwide. And since they even had a female vocalist and that at that time, it was cool to have a female vocalist, it was easier for them.
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
21.09.2006 - 20:59
Dam3k

Written by wrathchild on 21.09.2006 at 11:54

Written by Dam3k on 21.09.2006 at 01:15

Well, sure, this album is different from WarCry's previous efforts, but still it's not really innovating, it's more standard to me. At the same time, Stravaganzza brought some real innovations to the Spanish scene for example.
On the other hand, I agree that this album is way better than the latest releases from Tierra Santa and Saratoga, who are more famous than WarCry, since those two albums are plain as hell and if they happened to sing in English, they would probably be even less famous (same for WarCry).
If Dark Moor became famous, that's mostly because they released their first album back when power metal was dominating the metal scene worldwide. And since they even had a female vocalist and that at that time, it was cool to have a female vocalist, it was easier for them.

Ye Stravaganzza makes a really avant-gardisc work I think, mixing elements from several style with a dark atmosphere it's awesome!! Anyway, as I said, this album is not a bad album
----

27.05.2011 - 19:46
Rating: 9
Vikcen
Metálico
@wrathchild: yes, this album is Heavy Metal... very good review, but one thing about it:

When you say "I must say, though I've never really been a fan of WarCry because of two things: I find it not original enough and lacking conviction. This album is no exception. If you're searching for something new I guess there are better albums to discover", sorry, but it was an unfortunate phrase, it is not correct, precisely WarCry is exactly the opposite, is unique, because one simple reason: Víctor García, if you are able to find a band like Warcry, tell me please =), the only similar that you can find are the two albums from Avalanch, "Llanto De Un Héroe" and "El Angel Caido", nothing more. Even you contradict oneself in your review when you say: "But don't worry, it sounds 100% WarCry, and also 100% Víctor García" .
27.05.2011 - 20:44
wrathchild

Written by Vikcen on 27.05.2011 at 19:46

@wrathchild: yes, this album is Heavy Metal... very good review, but one thing about it:

When you say "I must say, though I've never really been a fan of WarCry because of two things: I find it not original enough and lacking conviction. This album is no exception. If you're searching for something new I guess there are better albums to discover", sorry, but it was an unfortunate phrase, it is not correct, precisely WarCry is exactly the opposite, is unique, because one simple reason: Víctor García, if you are able to find a band like Warcry, tell me please =), the only similar that you can find are the two albums from Avalanch, "Llanto De Un Héroe" and "El Angel Caido", nothing more. Even you contradict oneself in your review when you say: "But don't worry, it sounds 100% WarCry, and also 100% Víctor García" .

I don't see what's so special about Víctor García. If he hadn't been in Avalanch before, and started WarCry out of nothing, I'm pretty sure the band would have gone unnoticed. Avalanch is the only reason why WarCry and García are known.

But anyway, it's something that's tied to the history of Spanish metal, that's why our views are different, and they're both right. You can write a review if you feel like this album deserves a better review.
----

Txus, Mägo De Oz
27.05.2011 - 21:41
Rating: 9
Vikcen
Metálico
Written by wrathchild on 27.05.2011 at 20:44

If he hadn't been in Avalanch before, and started WarCry out of nothing, I'm pretty sure the band would have gone unnoticed. Avalanch is the only reason why WarCry and García are known.

And also Avalanch would have gone unnoticed without Victor.

Written by wrathchild on 27.05.2011 at 20:44

But anyway, it's something that's tied to the history of Spanish metal, that's why our views are different, and they're both right. You can write a review if you feel like this album deserves a better review.

No, repeat,it is a good review, what i was saying to you, have nothing to see with this album, have to see with Warcry, and about this i think that you are wrong: other thing is that you don't like this vocals, ok, no problem with this, but i think that you don't like this vocals because other different things, no because the argument of the originality (your words: "I find it not original enough").

Hits total: 6914 | This month: 22