Metal Storm logo
Anthrax - Tentative Release Date Announced

Big news in the "never thought I'd see the day" department, Worship Music, the long-overdue new album from Anthrax, is tentatively scheduled for a September 12 release in Europe through Nuclear Blast Records, and a September 13 release date in the US through Megaforce Records.

Songtitles set to appear on Worship Music include "Fight 'Em 'Til You Can't", "I'm Alive", "Crawl", "The Giant", "Earth On Hell" and "Down Goes The Sun".

Worship Music was originally supposed to be released in 2009 as the debut of singer Dan Nelson. Instead, the album now marks the first new Anthrax record to feature vocalist Joey Belladonna in 20 years.

Drummer Charlie Benante recently told Revolver Magazine: "Some of the songs we tweaked, some of the songs we did more than tweak. Some we started from scratch, and some were written just for this album. With Joey singing them, they sound like classic Anthrax. The hair on my arms stood up when he started singing them. It was Anthrax once again."

Guitarist Scott Ian agreed: "The songs like sound like metal. They sound like Anthrax circa 1987 through a 2011 filter."

"I think this record is more of a celebration for us," Benante added. "We haven't had a new record since 2003. The ups and downs in between really reflect the mood of this record. There is a lot of aggression, emotion and power. I feel like this is once again back to our New York style and attitude."

During a chat with RockMusicStar.com in January, Anthrax singer Joey Belladonna was asked if working on the band's new songs was a challenge because of the fact that most of the material was written for previous vocalist, Dan Nelson. "I kind of hate that someone was already singing this stuff and now I have to kind of dance around it and do it all over," he said. "They [the rest of the band] have in their mind already how they want it to sound, so it's kind of hard to shake it away. They are not going to say to me, 'Go on and do something totally different and we will just dig it.' [Laughs] It's hard, but I'm not worried about it."

To promote the new album, Anthrax will guest on the nationally syndicated radio show "Rockline" with host Bob Coburn on Monday, September 12 at 8:30 p.m. PT / 11:30 p.m. ET. More information available at this location.

Source: metalzone.gr
Band profile: Anthrax
Posted: 02.06.2011 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 13   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 151 users
02.06.2011 - 20:52
Angelic Storm
Melodious
At last! I wish it was sooner than September, but at least there's a date now. Dunno if Joey can work the magic required to restore my long lost faith in Anthrax, but if anyone can do it, he can! Cant wait to hear this. xD
02.06.2011 - 21:04
Valentin B
Iconoclast
I think it's a typo.. are they sure it's not the 31st september?
02.06.2011 - 21:25
Kingface

Be interesting to see how this album turns out.
02.06.2011 - 21:31
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
I am vaguely intrigued by this. will be sure to check youtube samples long before shelling out coin, though.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
02.06.2011 - 22:20
Edmund Fogg

Meh...
----
You cannot sedate all the things you hate - MM
The Observer is the source of reality - Bloom
God damn it!! What did Diddy didn't do? - Satan
02.06.2011 - 22:31
Lit. Metalhead
Account deleted
It could be worse than St. Anger for all I care, I'll buy it anyway just to hear Anthrax w/ Belladonna.
02.06.2011 - 23:21
JohnDoe
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 02.06.2011 at 22:31

It could be worse than St. Anger for all I care, I'll buy it anyway just to hear Anthrax w/ Belladonna.

It won't be as bad as St anger; I think it will be even better than Metallica's last album (Death Magnetic).
03.06.2011 - 00:50
Xim
Rocker of Worlds
I'm checking this out for sure. _\,,/
03.06.2011 - 01:26
SlaytanicGonzo

Most expected album of the year for me
03.06.2011 - 01:47
ajohns1
Account deleted
Finaly. For fuck sake!!!!!!
03.06.2011 - 01:52
John Shock

Finally men...only 4 months to go!!!
03.06.2011 - 01:56
John Shock

Written by Guest on 02.06.2011 at 23:21

Written by Guest on 02.06.2011 at 22:31

It won't be as bad as St anger; I think it will be even better than Metallica's last album (Death Magnetic).

Ow...You bet it Will
03.06.2011 - 07:18
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
I still find this hard to believe. They'll have hired and fired at least 4 more vocalists by september, and they'll need to re-record the album with each of them.

...Then again, that tentative release didn't specify which year...
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin

Hits total: 3026 | This month: 3