05. Dreamless
06. Hyperventilation
07. Die Laughing
08. Velvet Deserts
09. Scoundrel Days
10. Dead Gallery
11. Waiting For The Sun
12. Breaking The Ascendence

Wayd is a Progressive Death Metal band from Slovakia, and they used to do "strange" music. In fact in addition to play a real Death Metal, they used to include some parts of Jazz in their music. Maybe you'll think that is strange or not "true" but believe me if you think that, you're absolutely wrong.

Decadence is the 3rd album of this band who was formed in 1994, and what an album!!!
We are near perfection and I will explain why.
First, let's just talk about the production, as you know, bands from Slovakia and all East European countries had lots of difficulties to be recognized in the past. Few financial means, really bad recording conditions... But nowadays, there is a real change and the new album of Wayd proves it. Here, even the CD has been recorded in Slovakia, the sound is very good and can be compared to the big productions from Germany or Finland. I'm sure that you'll see a lot of great bands coming from East Europe and I'm personally happy of it.
But if the production is a very good point of "Decadance", the real great point of this CD is its originality.

Yes "Decadance" is new, innovating? Wayd used to play Death Metal, but with some progressive parts. And it is a pleasure to listen to it. In lots of songs there are some great Jazzy guitars solos and a lot of saxophone. And that sounds great!!!
Let's add to this, great musicians and great singer [his voice is close to the one of Max Cavalera], good lyrics and you have a great album.
It's hard to find some bad points on "Decadance". Maybe sometimes the sound is not strong and powerful enough, but the general quality of this production is too good to be criticized. I just hope that they will be well distributed.

No need to speak more about "Decadance". This CD is a masterpiece, and this band coming from Slovakia deserves to be known all over the world. Their originality must carry them on the top of the Metal scene.
It's fresh, it's new, it's Wayd and, seriously, you must keep an eye on this great band and buy this fantastic album you won't regret it.

Written by Jeff | 12.04.2005

Comments

Comments: 1   Visited by: 19 users
06.06.2011 - 18:49
Rating: 9
NocturnalStalker
Metal Addict
Really a spot-on review. There is nothing more to add.
----
"And we are not who we think we are
We are who we're afraid to be"
- Lux Occulta "The Opening of Eleventh Sephirah"

Hits total: 4426 | This month: 11