Metal Storm logo
Blind Guardian and Helloween

Original post

Posted by Baz Anderson, 18.05.2006 - 00:36
The last time I made this poll I found it very intersting indeed watching the percentages change. Helloween seemed to be getting closer and closer to Blind Guardian as time went on.

If there is to be a discussion between the best two power metal bands - then surely it will be these two.
The first band that should pop to mind when you think of power metal should be Helloween, but Blind Guardian have carved their way into power metal history as well.

A few years ago, I would have claimed Blind Guardian to be my favorite band - but then I got into Helloween and I have been rather obsessed by them since. Which other band has something as amusing as a pumpkin acting various things in various places? haha
Blind Guardian seem a lot more fantasy oriented where Helloween are more traditional heavy metal oriented, but both are fantastic bands.
I would say Helloween were my favorite, of course - but I am still very interested as to see how the votes will go this time - maybe we will be a little surprised, who knows.

But whatever your opinion on these two bands, let us hear what you have to say.

Thanks!

Poll

Who do you prefer?

Blind Guardian
Helloween

Total votes: 274
09.12.2009 - 02:11
DoomGuard
This is probably the hardest poll i've ever taken...ever...two amazing bands, both are insanely talented...But Blind Guardian takes the German Power Metal cake
20.12.2009 - 23:15
Hylia
I really like Blind Guardian more because of all the Lord of the Rings references, and I like most blind guardian songs as opposed to a few Helloween songs.
25.02.2010 - 20:32
MeTalRea|istiK
Yeah!!too dificult to make achoice..but i love helloween more than blind guardian..no doubt bout that!
03.03.2010 - 16:40
nehrodwarf
Both are amazing!

but I voted of helloween cuz, at this poll they was down so I give a vote to try to equalize

each one has your style to make power metal, and they're doing / do it very well.

at my heart, both are inside (was gay I know, but they're good)
----
In this life you can choose what kind of ave to be: a chicken or a phoexix. I choosen be a phoenix, cuz' I'm rebirthing from ashes

Ps: my website it's: http://gcasweb.orgfree.com
03.03.2010 - 19:00
snook
If you would asked me the same question 20 years ago (when I was still my father's sperm lol) I would defenitely say Helloween.

But right now, overall looking, Blind Guardian for sure.

Helloween's albums since Hansen's & Kiske's departure simply can't compare to the stuff Hansi and his crew wrote. Although I like Master Of The Rings and The Dark Ride, the 2 albums, for me, are about the only decent ones from Helloween (from Deris era).

On the other hand Blind Guardian have never really dissappointed me with any of their realeses and are still a top 10 band for me.

PS: Check out Lucifer's Heritage (pre Blind Guardian) it's pretty awesome, altough the production it's kinda sucky
03.07.2010 - 00:09
Sulac
BG is an absolutely amazing band, and while Helloween is also awesome, Blind Guardian just dominates and destroys.
03.07.2010 - 08:17
Metal Invader
Never liked BG..Helloween is my number one..just love them even they sometimes do bad songs!:)
11.05.2011 - 18:51
avigruss
Blind Guardian! I do not like Helloween
20.05.2011 - 15:40
Razorback
I prefer Blind Guardian.
----
Careful what you wish,you may regret it.Careful what you wish,you just might get it!
07.09.2012 - 01:15
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
I definitely choose Blind Guardian. I personally think Helloween have probably only made about two or three good albums, while I love pretty much everything release by Blind Guardian, they are definitely much more consistent. I also prefer Hansi Kürsch over any of the vocalists who sang with Helloween (yes, even Michael Kiske).
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
10.05.2017 - 19:02
Antares8001
I'd say early Helloween over Blind Guardian, however I didn't really care for anything after Keepers II while I love pretty much everything Blind Guardian put out, also I'm a huge nerd, so I have to give it to BG.
04.11.2019 - 17:44
All Metal
I really like both of the bands but Helloween has too many joking songs and get borderline glam a lot which is not generally what I want to hear. They don't nearly as rip it hard as Blind Guardian.
06.07.2022 - 05:35
24emd
Theory Snob
I'm not a huge fan of either, but the vocals is what tips it. Hansi has some of the best vocals in metal imo, and I cannot stand Kiske's voice on the early Helloween albums, and Andi Deris does nothing for me.
----
"I am too stupid to be human, and I lack common sense." - Proverbs 30:2
"Music? Well, it's just entertainment, folks!" - Devin Townsend

Best 2024 Albums