Metal Storm logo
Halford - To Reissue Albums Through Metal God Entertainment

Judas Priest frontman Rob Halford has announced plans to post a monthly blog on his official web site and MySpace page. "I've got some pics and stories which I'll post later next month and I'm looking forward to sharing," he said.

On the subject of his current activities, Halford said, "I spent my recent break from the Judas Priest writing sessions looking in on the assembling of the forthcoming Fight and Halford music and film releases. They are f**kin' hot. You all have some great surprises in store."

Halford has laid out an ambitious release schedule for his new company called Metal God Entertainment (MGE). This year, Halford will reissue some of his non-Judas Priest material through MGE, starting with the Halford albums he made in 2000, 2001, and 2002, and he's also planning two DVDs and possibly some other music for next year. Halford told Launch he started MGE so that he could better control how things are released and promoted. "We really are very possessive of what we create, and we nurture it, obviously, from conception to its release," he said. "Most labels do an incredible job, and, and that's always been the case for me, but here's an opportunity now for me to look after things a little bit better, and give me a little bit more peace of mind in that area."

Besides working on MGE projects, Halford is in the midst of writing with Judas Priest. They're making a concept album about the 16-century prophet Nostradamus.

Source: myspace.com
Band profile: Halford
Posted: 22.09.2006 by Baz Anderson

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 2   Visited by: 5 users
22.09.2006 - 20:05
Baz Anderson

so if i understand this right - there are going to be more Halford and Fight releases??
22.09.2006 - 23:25
danzig111
Account deleted
^^ that's what it sounds like to me, awesome!

that will be good for Damageplan's vocalist (who did guitars for Halford) cuz well with Dimebag being shot and all.

Hits total: 4075 | This month: 21