Metal Storm logo
Sonisphere Bulgaria - Festival Cancelled

SofiaEcho.com is reporting that the Bulgarian edition of the Sonisphere festival has officially been cancelled. The line-up included names such as Iron Maiden, Slipknot, Alice Cooper, Mastodon and Apocalyptica.

Balkan Entertainment, the promoters of the festival released the following statement: "Due to reasons outside Balkan Entertainment's control and at the instruction of the licence-holder for Sonisphere in Bulgaria, the Sonisphere Bulgaria 2011 festival, planned for June 21th at the National Hippodrome in Bankya, is cancelled."

The festival was dealt a blow on June 9 when one of the event's two headliners, Slipknot, said that the promoters cancelled the show, an allegation that Balkan Entertainment denied. Instead, Slipknot announced a special headline show at Columbiahalle in Berlin on the same date when Sonisphere Bulgaria was to be held.

Balkan Entertainment's Petar Petrov told Z-Rock radio station that the promoters were unpleasantly surprised by the news and that the company did not cancel Slipknot's gig.

Sonisphere Bulgaria 2011 has come under some criticism for the chosen location - the racecourse on the outskirts of Sofia versus the Vassil Levski national stadium in central Sofia in 2010 - and the higher prices.

Source: sofiaecho.com
Event: Sonisphere Festival [CANCELED]
Posted: 15.06.2011 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   Visited by: 52 users
15.06.2011 - 23:44
Elodie Artour
Slania
Well, I've already stated my opinion on both Facebook and my personal blog. Last year's edition was brilliantly held. This year's one, however, is a total failure.
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...
16.06.2011 - 02:48
popmik

I can't even imagine how big of a disappointment this must for the fans be :/
16.06.2011 - 04:09
Elodie Artour
Slania
Written by popmik on 16.06.2011 at 02:48

I can't even imagine how big of a disappointment this must for the fans be :/

Trust me - Bulgarian metalheads are currently about to slaughter Balkan Entertainment. Especially since they all know the naked truth which has nothing to do with promoters' version of this whole fallacy...

P.S.: I haven't bought a ticket anyway.
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...
16.06.2011 - 09:35
Cyroth

This smells like the Rock City Open Air 2009 in Romania, where there were like 20+ bands playing ( http://www.metalhead.ro/immortal/concerte-immortal/amanat----rock-city-open-air-festival-la-fetesti-aid47438-l-1 ). The fact that it was going to be held in the middle of nowhere was a sure sign of a scam.
----

Hits total: 2692 | This month: 3