Metal Storm logo
Melechesh

Original post

Posted by Detric, 23.09.2006 - 00:41
Okay here is band that every Absu fan will fall in love with. Proscriptor used to play drums for this band (and we all know how sick that guy is). However, a new guy replaced him, he sounds okay based on the new track Rebirth Of The Nemesis you can listen to at www.myspace.com/melechesh along with two tracks from the Sphynx album which is a fucking masterpiece if you ask me, lets hope the new album can outdo it. The new song blew me away, I didnt think they would keep up the good work, but they did! Im so looking forward to hold this album in my hands. They are from Israel, I would call them blackened thrash just like Absu, but the thing with Melechesh is, that you can hear that they are from Israel, because of the song structure, their melodies and folk elements which sounds amazing. Their new album is called Emissaries and is set to be released on October 30th through Osmose Productions.
12.06.2008 - 10:12
routa
Account deleted
Saw them live during Shadows of the Emissaries-tour, killer show. (Immolation crushed too, now their set was energetic!) Shame that most of the audience didn't seem too familiar with the band (all my friends hit the bar during their set, fuckers).

I got my Emissaries-digi signed by Ashmedi, nice guy (he was at the front row during Immolation's set, too).
17.07.2008 - 08:26
routa
Account deleted
The thread seems dead but: has anyone tried ordering anything from them? I tried for the first time about 3 months ago, and second time recently, still no response.
23.11.2008 - 09:30
Khaldi
----
Urartu is a NeoHittite and ProtoArmenian kingdom !!
24.11.2008 - 06:18
Sandarameth
Account deleted
Melechesh is in Yerevan! Yeah! That's cool)) their music is great)) 2 days left))
24.02.2009 - 21:16
MétalNoir
Fils du Lys
Emissaries is one of my favorite metal album, try it! Rebirth of the Nemesis is a song that instantly grows on you, the arabic rythms make wanna dance and mosh at the same time, it's weird... Other great tracks on this album are Ladders to Sumeria and The Scribes of Kur, an all-folk song with arabic and indian influences. Leper Jerusalem is a great song, too, it's more dowright BM if you ask me.
----
Notre destinée n'est pas encore tracée....
25.02.2009 - 00:46
MétalNoir
Fils du Lys
Written by Blood Red Moon on 25.02.2009 at 00:19

Written by MétalNoir on 24.02.2009 at 21:16

Emissaries is one of my favorite metal album, try it! Rebirth of the Nemesis is a song that instantly grows on you, the arabic rythms make wanna dance and mosh at the same time, it's weird... Other great tracks on this album are Ladders to Sumeria and The Scribes of Kur, an all-folk song with arabic and indian influences. Leper Jerusalem is a great song, too, it's more dowright BM if you ask me.

I think Rebirth of the Nemesis is the only memorable track on that album, and it is by far one of the best Melechesh songs. Leper Jerusalem is kind of catchy and I usually listen to that one too, but it in my opinion is by far the least black metal song on the album, it sounds more of a rock song. Rebirth is the most black metal I think and I wish the entire album had that intensity.

Djinn has several good tracks and As Jerusalem Burns is brilliant in it's entirety.

I won't argue about Leper Jerusalem being BM, since I'm no BM expert; that song just reminds me of Immortal or something like that, that's why I said that. And I wonder why debuts and second albums are almost always considered the best works from about every single band... I guess that's because the inspiration is hard to keep for a long time or because musicians lose some of their passion after giving so much in early albums. Personally, I don't usually prefer early albums: I just prefer the one that appeals to me the most, which can be a debut, a middle-period or a last album. Also, I just wanna pinpoint I wasn't comparing Emissaries with anything, I just consider it as a very good metal album, but I think you got that already I'll try earlier Melechesh albums when I'll have the money for it, though I already bought some songs from Sphynx and Djinn and the only tracks that I really like from them is "Genies, Sorcerers and Mesopotamian Nights."
----
Notre destinée n'est pas encore tracée....
25.02.2009 - 01:27
Galar
Wicked Mung
Well im a huge absu fan, so I should infact like them. Will keep y'all posted.
----
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID, SUCK A DICK
20.10.2010 - 18:14
Khaldi
Ehmm .. as i see new album is not interested nobody ... I waited for him impatiently, and the cover promised a lot, but my expectations were misplaced ..
----
21.10.2010 - 10:39
Daniell
_爱情_
elite
I think it's quite good, although too long. 71 minutes is too much, especially that the songs aren't too varied.
21.10.2010 - 17:11
JD
Account deleted
Written by MétalNoir on 24.02.2009 at 21:16

the arabic rythms make wanna dance and mosh at the same time, it's weird...

Same here, specially the Sphynx album, this band have alot of Arabian fans, and btw how you guys spell their name "Melechesh" like meletchesh or melekhesh becouse in Arabic we says melekhesh...
21.10.2010 - 18:07
JD
Account deleted
Written by Sonic MrSumo on 24.12.2007 at 14:01

Can anyone point me in the direction of a band that has a similar sound and style (i.e. black, thrashy, catchy and chanty) to Melechesh?

I don't know but for me Melechesh reminds me of Legion of the Damned (thrashy, blacky, deathy
22.10.2010 - 02:32
Khaldi
There is no arabic riffs (it similar but not that )... they use Assyrian riffs . btw 2 guys from melechesh have Assyrian roots , Ashmedi (he also have Armenian roots) and Moloch .
----
22.10.2010 - 02:53
Vikcen
Metálico
Written by Khaldi on 22.10.2010 at 02:32

There is no arabic riffs (it similar but not that )... they use Assyrian riffs . btw 2 guys from melechesh have Assyrian roots , Ashmedi (he also have Armenian roots) and Moloch .

How do you know that they have assyrian roots? .

By the way, changing the subject, the band borns in Jerusalem.
22.10.2010 - 15:56
Khaldi
Written by Vikcen on 22.10.2010 at 02:53

Written by Khaldi on 22.10.2010 at 02:32

How do you know that they have assyrian roots? .

By the way, changing the subject, the band borns in Jerusalem.

from wikipedia in russian http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melechesh . Btw about name if anybody interested , Melechesh in Arameic means melech - king and esh- fire = king of fire
----
24.10.2010 - 13:21
Sonic MrSumo
Written by Guest on 21.10.2010 at 18:07

Written by Sonic MrSumo on 24.12.2007 at 14:01

Can anyone point me in the direction of a band that has a similar sound and style (i.e. black, thrashy, catchy and chanty) to Melechesh?

I don't know but for me Melechesh reminds me of Legion of the Damned (thrashy, blacky, deathy

Thanks mate...I'll check them out.
----
All the bridges in the world won't save you, if there's no other side to cross to.
- Rock poetry from Silverchair.
07.02.2011 - 20:36
Baz Anderson
staff
I'm probably doing an interview with Melechesh on Thursday if anyone has any questions...
07.02.2011 - 20:42
Vikcen
Metálico
Written by Baz Anderson on 07.02.2011 at 20:36

I'm probably doing an interview with Melechesh on Thursday if anyone has any questions...

I would ask something like how was the beginnings in Jerusalem.
07.02.2011 - 23:13
Baz Anderson
staff
Yes, that's obviously a whole interesting story... I'm hoping this will be one of the most interesting interviews I do.
07.02.2011 - 23:44
Vivi'
I've seen them live - didn't like them.
08.02.2011 - 00:17
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Baz Anderson on 07.02.2011 at 23:13

Yes, that's obviously a whole interesting story... I'm hoping this will be one of the most interesting interviews I do.

also if they would like go beck in Isreal and re located there, what would autorothies do and what would it be for them be live there and re lise albums there again(something like that)
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
08.02.2011 - 04:11
Vikcen
Metálico
Also i would ask about the change of the drummer (Russley Randell "Proscriptor McGovern" Givens replaced by "Xul") Procriptor is unique and special drummer, now in his band Absu where he is the singer and drummer.
08.02.2011 - 13:51
Vombatus
Potorro
I'd be cool if you could ask them their opinion about metal in middle east and the way they see the scene over there.
09.02.2011 - 12:52
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by Vombatus on 08.02.2011 at 13:51

I'd be cool if you could ask them their opinion about metal in middle east and the way they see the scene over there.

They probably won't know
Two of the band members are Dutch and the other haven't lived in the Middle East there for quite some time, they also live in The Netherlands
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

09.02.2011 - 12:58
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
There was Al Jazzera report it son MS somewher elink about it it was good and when band left it was 1992 something to Ned so time has changed a lot of and new generation slowly take over old belifes its like Europe in 60's when some skins n punks, teddy boys, bikers start protest to old beliefs , only think what in Isreal slows it down is mandatory militrary duty
----

apos;'
[image]
09.02.2011 - 12:59
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Baz Anderson on 07.02.2011 at 20:36

you can ask them since army in Isreal are mandatory 2years IMO fore each men, how did they escape from it or maybne they done their duty in army?
----

apos;'
[image]
15.02.2011 - 18:57
Bleeding angel
Well,Melechesh are definitely very interesting with their origin and influence on ppl.For me they hold a big one.

Saw them live and I quite liked them!It is a certain reason to fall in love if you like the Middle East and its influence.
24.03.2011 - 19:50
Vikcen
Metálico
New video =)

Awesome
30.03.2011 - 19:40
Khaldi
Written by Vikcen on 24.03.2011 at 19:50

New video =)

Awesome

WOW !!!! great video thanks
----
30.03.2011 - 22:27
Yasmine
I totally dig the new song.
----
"Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute." G B Stern
"Society is like a stew. If you don't stir it up every once in a while then a layer of scum float u
31.03.2011 - 01:51
Void_Eater
Account deleted
Gonna see them on April 4th with Rotting Christ. That video posted above was the first I've heard of them-and damn it's awesome!