Metal Storm logo
Eternal Tears Of Sorrow - Working On New Album

Finnish extreme power metal band Eternal Tears Of Sorrow are busy working on their new studio album, tentatively due for a 2012 release.

Guitarist Jarmo Puolakanaho checked in with the following update: "As we already told on our Facebook page, we have finished our first recording session at Tico-Tico Studios. We are recording this album in two main sessions + some extra sessions throughout this year. This way has proven to be the best for us and our timetables and we've been using the same 'take it slowly, make it good' method ever since our comeback in 2005.

What we did during the past weeks was recording the basic tracks for six songs. Now, it's time for a short summer holiday after which we're going to do the vocals and the keyboard tracks, and, of course, to write more new songs for the second main recording session, which is going to take place at the end of this year.

Trying to verbally describe the new songs is like trying to draw how they sound like. And even if we somehow managed to describe how the new songs sound like, they only represent one half of the forthcoming album.

Anyway, it has been announced that we're going to play our second (and last) gig in 2011 at Jyrkka Festival in Pudasjärvi. Which is nice, as this band was formed in the very same town and as a matter of fact, we played our very first gig on the same stage fourteen years ago. And now, after eleven years, we're coming back to our original home town. Nice."

Some photos from Eternal Tears of Sorrow at the studio can be found on Facebook.

Source: metalunderground.com
Band profile: Eternal Tears Of Sorrow
Posted: 17.06.2011 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 13   Visited by: 129 users
17.06.2011 - 12:25
Cyroth

Wow can't wait for it...EToS is awesome
----
17.06.2011 - 13:05
Bizzaremifo

Yeah, it´s gonna be good as usually
17.06.2011 - 14:45
Milena
gloom cookie
Nice news.
----
7.0 means the album is good
17.06.2011 - 14:47
(((O)))

The name of the band is horrible.
17.06.2011 - 15:33
rekkuza-

Written by (((O))) on 17.06.2011 at 14:47

Finally, someone who agrees with me.
----
The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it- Oscar Wilde
17.06.2011 - 15:54
Milena
gloom cookie
Written by rekkuza- on 17.06.2011 at 15:33

Written by (((O))) on 17.06.2011 at 14:47

Finally, someone who agrees with me.

+1, but I like the abbreviation
----
7.0 means the album is good
17.06.2011 - 16:59
muska

Want it... last albums amazing
17.06.2011 - 18:03
Slyfang

I wish this band would change it's name
17.06.2011 - 19:41
DorianGray

Hell fucking yeah.
I love all the albums the have made so far.

Cannot wait for this one
----
"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Resist it, and your soul grows sick with longing for the things it has forbidden to itself, with desire for what its monstrous laws have made monstrous and unlawful."
17.06.2011 - 21:13
Behdaad
DEAD
The name is good, but for a Doom metal band or so.
Anyway, looking forward to the album.
----
As tyranny becomes normality;
We hang at the end of the rope.
18.06.2011 - 06:17
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Last album wasn't as good as the previous 2 IMO, but was still ok. If this album comes out at the same level it will be good enough for me. Looking forward to it.
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
18.06.2011 - 15:46
Yugosaki

Can't wait for this.... awsome bend !!!! last album was fantastic
----
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaEBpRWr2IA
18.06.2011 - 15:48
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
I'd love it if these guys went with a more "brutal" direction.

Doing away with the cheesy keyboards could do these guys wonders. They know how to write songs. They just don't understand not every passage is prime real estate for synthmania.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."

Hits total: 4791 | This month: 2