Metal Storm logo
Necrophagist vs Decapitated

Original post

Posted by Immortal Plague, 24.09.2006 - 09:48
This is just to revive my old poll i had in the old forums, so lets see which on of thes gods people perfer, i go with Necrophagist, their just so insane and so technical, its awsome, but Decapitated are not far their fucking awsome aswell, but Necrophagist takes it, what do you guys think?

Poll

Which band do you like better?

Decapitated
Necrophagist

Total votes: 52
12.06.2007 - 19:37
Trifixion
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 12.06.2007 at 19:09

Written by Guest on 12.06.2007 at 18:18

Written by Guest on 12.06.2007 at 18:10

Decapitated Simply because they have amazing guitar and the drumming is awesome!

Haha I don't know, if you're basing your decision on amazing guitars I think you should go with Necrophagist...drums aren't half bad either.

Naa im talking songs like "Spheres Of Madness" Style, don't get me wrong i like Necrophagist but over all i think decapitated have more structure etc.

Yeah I agree definitely, I just thought you meant in terms of sheer talent, because Muhammad wipes the floor with about 99% of guitarists out there.
12.06.2007 - 19:59
Im_Haunted
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 12.06.2007 at 19:37

Written by Guest on 12.06.2007 at 19:09

Written by Guest on 12.06.2007 at 18:18

Written by Guest on 12.06.2007 at 18:10

Decapitated Simply because they have amazing guitar and the drumming is awesome!

Haha I don't know, if you're basing your decision on amazing guitars I think you should go with Necrophagist...drums aren't half bad either.

Naa im talking songs like "Spheres Of Madness" Style, don't get me wrong i like Necrophagist but over all i think decapitated have more structure etc.

Yeah I agree definitely, I just thought you meant in terms of sheer talent, because Muhammad wipes the floor with about 99% of guitarists out there.

Yer true he is awesome, no one comes close to the brutality he creates!!
13.06.2007 - 07:13
GhostofSanity
Account deleted
Decapitated. Necro is good too, but Decapitated have more badass guitar riffs and drumming. *cough*Day 69*cough*
13.06.2007 - 07:58
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
Will go with Decapitated , because i never felt that they are TRYING to be technical.
13.06.2007 - 17:11
Sunioj

Written by Hembrom on 13.06.2007 at 07:58

Will go with Decapitated , because i never felt that they are TRYING to be technical.

Exactly, decapitated is more straightforward DM...which is better to me. Ive said this before, but I think a better question would be necro vs. spawn of possession.
13.06.2007 - 18:41
orathac
Account deleted
Decapitated i enjoy their music more that Necro
16.06.2007 - 21:15
Infurnace

Decapitated is my favorite Technical Death Metal band. They have a fuckin' great guitar sound, and kick-ass drums. "Day 69" is a great example of that. Necrophagist is good, but I enjoy Decapitated much more.
08.10.2007 - 22:37
Bartulus

Though I'm from Poland and I dwell here, and I really like what Decapitated is doing (every album gets better and better), I voted for Necrophagist since Muhammed is the god of tech death (IMO of course). I enjoy both of 'em anyways but I had to go for one of them, so...
08.10.2007 - 23:08
Too many fail.

Despite the fact that I find this poll really bad in a sense that the 2 bands play verydifferent styles of dm, i vote necro. Epitaph is a bit different from most of the stuff out there.
----
Here is my actual theory beyond the huge, hilarious jokes I have: If you're so pro-life and you're so pro-child, then adopt one that's already here, that's very unwanted and very alone and needs someone to take care of it.
- Bill Hicks
13.06.2009 - 14:22
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Voted for decapitated. it's not i don't like necrophagist but i Just like a bit more decap..
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
13.06.2009 - 15:20
ForeverDarkWoods

Decapitated is actually a good band. Necrophagist is just plain generic crap, technical just for the sake of being technical. Therefore I'll go with Decapitated.
----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
- George W. Bush, ex-president of the United States of America
13.06.2009 - 15:25
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by ForeverDarkWoods on 13.06.2009 at 15:20

Decapitated is actually a good band. Necrophagist is just plain generic crap, technical just for the sake of being technical. Therefore I'll go with Decapitated.

necrophagist is not crap. they are one of the best tech DM bands.
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
13.06.2009 - 15:31
ForeverDarkWoods

Written by Deadmeat on 13.06.2009 at 15:25

No. Psycroptic rapes their asses and has sex with their girlfriends while they are forced to watch. Spawn of Possession does the same (and they're not even that good).

Necrophagist fails at writing good riffs. They just write riffs that are hard to play simply for the sake of technicality. Technical doesn't always mean that it's good. They have immense technical talent but they lack the skill to write compelling and good riffs.

Simply, they have the skill but they need another songwriter because the music lacks all kind of emotion as it is now. It's the same problem Decripit Birth has.
----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
13.06.2009 - 15:41
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by ForeverDarkWoods on 13.06.2009 at 15:31

No. Psycroptic rapes their asses and has sex with their girlfriends while they are forced to watch. Spawn of Possession does the same (and they're not even that good).

Necrophagist fails at writing good riffs. They just write riffs that are hard to play simply for the sake of technicality. Technical doesn't always mean that it's good. They have immense technical talent but they lack the skill to write compelling and good riffs.

Simply, they have the skill but they need another songwriter because the music lacks all kind of emotion as it is now. It's the same problem Decripit Birth has.

imo they have emotion. not always cause they are brutal but they do. it took me some time to get into them but now i like them a lot. and yes, they have variety in their music. it's true that not all their riffs are great but generally imo tey are a very good band. also, they have some really nice melodies (see, Fermented Offal Discharge)...
----
13.06.2009 - 17:32
ForeverDarkWoods

Written by Deadmeat on 13.06.2009 at 15:41

imo they have emotion. not always cause they are brutal but they do. it took me some time to get into them but now i like them a lot. and yes, they have variety in their music. it's true that not all their riffs are great but generally imo tey are a very good band. also, they have some really nice melodies (see, Fermented Offal Discharge)...

This is not the impression I've gotten at all, and I used to listen to them during my brutal death metal phase. For me it was just brutal technicality and nothing else (but at the time I thought this was enjoyable and I even listened to shit bands such as Devourment and Waco Jesus only for the sake of brutality).
----
13.06.2009 - 18:37
Visioneerie
Urban Monster

Yeah i can relate to this at a certain point. I think Necrophagist do get caught up a little in the technicality they use in their music though i wouldn't go as far to say that their songs are nothing but technical orgies. They do need a little more punch in their songwriting but i still consider them as a good band because i can enjoy them.. just not as much as other bands in this genre. Decrepit Birth have the melody laid down, i think they're an impressive bunch and a fun listen but they still have lots of room for progress.

So I'm going with Decapitated because they're one of my favorite bands and are to me one of death metal's best. Songwriting, brutality, intricate song structures, memorable,technical, they have it all.
----
Any man can stand adversity, but to test his character give him power - A. Lincoln
13.06.2009 - 18:43
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
Written by Sunioj on 13.06.2007 at 17:11

Written by Hembrom on 13.06.2007 at 07:58

Ive said this before, but I think a better question would be necro vs. spawn of possession.

Good point. For the record i would've went for Spawn.
----
Any man can stand adversity, but to test his character give him power - A. Lincoln
28.11.2010 - 01:34
scrambles

I went w/Decapitated. even though Muhammed can play really fast guitar parts smoother and clearer than fucking anyone, Decapitated've got better songwriting.
28.11.2010 - 17:14
Malphas

For me it's Decapitated, i just love their overall work (their immense talent-skill/age, songwriting and overall their whole sound) while Necrophagist is overdoing it with the technical stuff a little, i mean Muhammed is a god on the guitar and that's a fact, but they are going way too technical so that they are letting out on some other aspects of the music, don't get me wrong i love em both but Decapitated a bit more xD
----
Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
28.11.2010 - 17:24
theflyingmachine

Necrophagist for me. Decapitated never resonated with me so much for some reason.
28.11.2010 - 17:32
JD
Account deleted
Very hard poll, voted for Necrophagist though,