Metal Storm logo
Videogame Ideas Taken From Metal Games And Albums

27.06.2011 - 19:36
Beastofmetal456
Account deleted
I like Metal and games alot, but I don't see any metal games out there (except Brutal Legend). So we should get some ideas. I reckon we should get some ideas. Not neccasirily about metal, but influenced by metal is accepted to.
Game Title: Cannibal Corpse
Genre: Hack & Slash
Overview: A game where you take the role of a Cannibal. The levels are fourteen, and are titled by CC albums. Every level is split into the songs the albums contain. Example
Tomb Of The Mutilated starts with the sublevel Hammer Smashed Face and moves to I Cum Blood. The songs play while playing their levels. The weapons used include hammers and swords,etc..
ESRB: M - Blood, Gore, Nudity, Strong Sexual Themes, Strong Language, Strong Lyrics
29.06.2011 - 04:53
Anarchy2012

There was an Iron Maiden video game in the 1990's. It was called Ed Hunter.
----
Im not racist. I hate everyone regardless of other issues.
29.06.2011 - 22:20
Edmund Fogg

Based on how movie based games turned, I think that would be a bad idea. Musicians and fans would think of it as just another way to drain money from the fans.
----
You cannot sedate all the things you hate - MM
The Observer is the source of reality - Bloom
God damn it!! What did Diddy didn't do? - Satan
29.06.2011 - 22:42
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Edmund Fogg on 29.06.2011 at 22:20

Based on how movie based games turned, I think that would be a bad idea. Musicians and fans would think of it as just another way to drain money from the fans.

Exactly. Most games based on movies are awful. Probably mainly due to the fact that the companies know that the name of the game by itself will sell it, and so they don't need to take the time and care needed to make a great game. There are a tiny amount of great games based on movies ("Goldeneye" being a prime example) but generally, games based on movies/TV series' stink. lol

Moving right back to topic, I remember reading in Metal Hammer in the early 90's, about a game that was being made that was based on Megadeth's "Hangar 18". I don't think it ever saw the light of day though... :\
30.06.2011 - 15:30
Tranquillizer
Account deleted
Also there was the Sonata Arctica RPG that was cancelled.
30.06.2011 - 18:36
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted
If there is a video game where metal is infused into it, probably wont play it. Of course it will be filled with the "whats hot" metal. Be prepared to hear tons of Devil Wears Prada.
03.07.2011 - 05:28
whatsacow

Unexpect - In a flesh Aquarium.
Genre - Psychological horror/action
Overview: This game would be insanity incarnate. Similar to Silent hill, but a bit more on the insane side, constantly in the "otherworld" fighting musically trained and creepy as fuck clowns in a world thats sort of like a deranged circus. Not what the cd is about, but the overall sound makes me think of that lol. And the music would leave you so completely confused that you'd feel like you've been raped in the ear. With a fish.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
07.07.2011 - 00:16
Metal_4Ever

Written by Guest on 27.06.2011 at 19:36

I like Metal and games a lot, but I don't see any metal games out there

Guitar Hero?
07.07.2011 - 05:24
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Metal_4Ever on 07.07.2011 at 00:16

Guitar Hero?

More rock than metal.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
09.07.2011 - 16:01
Beastofmetal456
Account deleted
Written by Troy Killjoy on 07.07.2011 at 05:24

Written by Metal_4Ever on 07.07.2011 at 00:16

Guitar Hero?

More rock than metal.

Yeah, you get about 3-4 metal songs in one game. With lots of poser stuff, really.