Metal Storm logo
Harry Potter Power Metal

28.06.2011 - 01:44
Power Ben
Hey,

I'm workin' on a Harry Potter Power Metal Project (you either get the joke or you don't). We have some early demos at:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fiendf%C3%BFre/176095689101521?sk=app_178091127385

I'd love some feedback, and if you like it, please think about becoming a fan on Facebook.

Thanks!
28.06.2011 - 05:41
Vacant Throne
Hey I added you and listened to the demos, this is actually some good shit! I think the vocals sound like they were recorded on a computer mic though, maybe needs some more reverb/echo not sure, but besides that I think it's really cool and I will be following!
28.06.2011 - 07:16
Power Ben
Hey, thanks for listening!

The vocals on Kreacher were done using a Samson USB Condenser mic. I should have used it again for Order, but instead I used a crappy digital reference dynamic mic. It came in sounding really thin. I eq'd, compressed and reverbed it the best I could, but I'm still not really happy with the way it sounds. But these are just demos to get the song-writing dow. We plan to re-record everything at full pro-quality once the whole album is written. The idea is to make a concept album that tells the back story of all the books.

Hopefully the next demos will be out in about six weeks or so.
28.06.2011 - 20:04
CRayzWalz
Power Ben- I just checked out your two demo tracks--good stuff! Really diggin the acoustic breakdown in Kreacher. I can't say I'm a huge Harry Potter fan but the music kicks some serious ass.
28.06.2011 - 21:43
Tranquillizer
Account deleted
I was expecting that someone will come up with this sooner or later.

Kreacher sounds cool, but the vocals do sound a bit thin. Keep us up to date how this thing develops.

Now we need some HPBM
28.06.2011 - 22:26
Power Ben
CRazy, I'm glad you dig the riffin! The acoustic breakdown is definitely one of my favorite parts, along with then ending of Order is Strong. Writing bridges is definitely the most fun part of power metal.

Tranq,

I'm glad you're digging it. Power Metal and HP do seem like a natural combination right? A long epic fantasy saga with dragons and wizards and adventurous quests, culminating in an ultimate battle between good and evil?

There actually is some HP black metal. I think there was a band called Muggle Death Camp, and there are about fifteen bands called Voldemort.
Anyway, think about liking us on Facebook so that you can see when we upload new tunes.

Rock on!
13.08.2011 - 16:16
BeastOfMetal456
Account deleted
Harry Potter Power Metal??
Is it cheesy?