Metal Storm logo
What topics would you talk about on a metal radio show?

29.06.2011 - 21:56
Bloody_Footprint

My friend and fellow MSer is hosting a 3 hour metal show tonight with me and two other guys as panelists. Me and him have hosted together before but with a lot more music. I don't want this to turn into 3 hours of *silence* and "uhhh ok here's Amorphis". Basically, if you were hosting a show, what topics would you talk about?

Thanks!
----
Neurosis and Metal since '87
29.06.2011 - 22:17
Edmund Fogg

Depends if the station is known to have a regular metal show. If yes I would speak of news and updates concerning the bands (ie: tour dates new shows etc...). If not, maybe a small lesson in the history of metal would be nice for the audience (things that were not on A Headbangers Journey). It might be fun as well to do some metal parody like DeathClock, althought it doesn't give you much time to work on characters
----
You cannot sedate all the things you hate - MM
The Observer is the source of reality - Bloom
God damn it!! What did Diddy didn't do? - Satan
29.06.2011 - 22:28
Bloody_Footprint

Written by Edmund Fogg on 29.06.2011 at 22:17

Depends if the station is known to have a regular metal show. If yes I would speak of news and updates concerning the bands (ie: tour dates new shows etc...).

It's a college radio station, and me and him usually do one during the semester with occasional banter between songs. Me and him have a good rapport, the other two guys I'm not sure about. We can't do anything like Dethklok because the plan was basically hatched today.
----
Neurosis and Metal since '87
29.06.2011 - 22:36
Edmund Fogg

As a college radio station, in that case I would concentrate on the underground scene of the the area. promoting new bands and small venues..things like that
----
You cannot sedate all the things you hate - MM
The Observer is the source of reality - Bloom
God damn it!! What did Diddy didn't do? - Satan
29.06.2011 - 22:54
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Best bands you've seen live

bands you most want to see

best metal artist

best metal album

the kind of stuff that you will have different opinions on, and maybe folks might even email/text/call-in

if just a one time show, great. if it evolves, perhaps some topic will come up that can evolve into future discussions. when i did a radio show in college with some folks in a comedy sketch troupe, we ended up issuing fight challenges over the air to the most ridiculous people. one offhand remark turned into an ongoing theme.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
30.06.2011 - 01:48
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Talk about some of the standout releases this year and new albums to look forward to for the remainder of 2011
----
loves 小巫
30.06.2011 - 18:32
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted
What Ag Fox said.

Talk about what influences in metal have been pretty big in your life recently.
30.06.2011 - 20:45
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Depends what is in there
if story about band, bio, line up, play some good songs, also trivie, if interwiew and talking: news, new album, tours, inspiratiomns, like , dislike, elegal downloads if have time presonal life, what likes, dislikes, etc
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
09.09.2016 - 21:14
Crimson Maiden

I would want to talk about the guests history with metal, how they got their start in metal...would be interesting to me...8-]]