Metal Storm logo
Amon Amarth - New Video Online

"Destroyer Of The Universe", a new video from Sweden's vikings Amon Amarth, has been made available online.

"Destroyer Of The Universe" comes off the band's latest release, Surtur Rising, released this March through Metal Blade Records. The live video was shot on the band's May 6th stop in Philadelphia, PA at the Theatre Of Living Arts by director David Brodsky of MyGoodEye (The Black Dahlia Murder, The Devin Townsend Project, Suicide Silence, Municipal Waste, Whitechapel, etc).

"This time around we wanted to catch the energy and atmosphere of a live show, so we simply went for a live video. We look forward to get back to North America in August to continue and fulfill the 'Evening' tour, meanwhile enjoy the video." comments guitarist Olavi Mikkonen.

Source: metalblade.com
Band profile: Amon Amarth
Posted: 30.06.2011 by Vykintas

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 8   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 274 users
30.06.2011 - 03:28
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Pretty nice footage. Really great song.

Is that the tour setlist at 2:28? If it is I'm gonna be disappointed...
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
30.06.2011 - 10:12
JosipS
I don't think its the entire setlist, its just the songlist from the new album. they are bound to play some of the older songs as well.
30.06.2011 - 11:43
oroboros
Quite nicely done.
30.06.2011 - 12:43
Windrider
Raureif
Yeah cool, best video made of live footage I've seen so far...
And for the ones who want to see some setlists of their recent concerts check this one out: http://www.setlist.fm/search?query=amon+amarth
30.06.2011 - 20:14
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Written by Alakazam on 30.06.2011 at 19:31

Why is it I find nowadays that about nine times out of ten do bands tend to do music videos on normally one of the more blander/duller/filler/uninspired songs of their albums???

That could be just you starting to dislike the mainstream metal in general.

BTW, I agree with you.
30.06.2011 - 21:50
Tsukaikatte
Written by Dark Blood on 30.06.2011 at 03:28

Pretty nice footage. Really great song.

Is that the tour setlist at 2:28? If it is I'm gonna be disappointed...

That setlist is their whole new album sutur rising, this is from the evening with amon amarth tour and after they were done with that setlist they took a break and came back out with a second setlist wich was as followed..
Twilight of The Thundergod

Masters of War

Live for The Kill

With Oden on Our Side

Guardian of Asguard

Asator

Varyags of Miklagaard

Thousand Years of Opression

Without Fear

Victorious March

Gods of War Arise

Death In Fire

Cry of The Blackbirds

Rune Stones To My Memory

In Pursuit of Vikings
02.07.2011 - 04:14
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Written by Tsukaikatte on 30.06.2011 at 21:50

That setlist is their whole new album sutur rising, this is from the evening with amon amarth tour and after they were done with that setlist they took a break and came back out with a second setlist wich was as followed..

I didn't even noticed it was the whole album Lol. Well, in that case I'm more relieved, It's a pretty nice setlist. Let's see if they play the same here. Thanks man.
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
03.07.2011 - 23:36
Tsukaikatte
Written by Dark Blood on 02.07.2011 at 04:14

Written by Tsukaikatte on 30.06.2011 at 21:50

I didn't even noticed it was the whole album Lol. Well, in that case I'm more relieved, It's a pretty nice setlist. Let's see if they play the same here. Thanks man.

That setlist was from their first evening with amon amarth tour, wich I saw in seattle on 4:20.
They are playing a revised setlist with surprises. so its going to be freaking epic. and im going to see them in Boise on the last stop..

Hits total: 3752 | This month: 9