Significant Other
The Unquestionable Truth (Part 1)
Results May Vary
Gold Cobra

Total votes: 58
01.07.2011 - 13:16
Tiago Rocha
Dark Lighthouse
Nu metal, and specially Limp Bizkit, is like masturbation: we all say we don't do it or don't like it, but once in a while, we bend the lie. So, as an open minded little fella like me, i like almost everything when exploring a woman's caliente body, and yes, if she wants to, i'd let her... err... play my control pad. Ahh woman... and masturbation never felt that good! Limp Bizkit is no exception. Realizing that this guys released a new record last June 24th, i wanted to know what's your favourite record from them, who's keeping an open mind on the subject, cause you know you heard this guys at least once, you big horny sassy metal freaks. You dont like 'em? You're one of those who stood in the crowd in that ''Nookie'' clip, but 3 years later you went like''Hey, look at that guy with the red cap, what a poser!!! Screw you faggot!!!''? Or you've been a fan all life long? It doesn't matter. Just bend the lie once more, vote... And stop thinking in bondage stuff, you little perverts!!!

I chose the debut.
01.07.2011 - 15:09
JD
Account deleted
Definitely "Significant Other" for me, "Chocolate Starfish" in the second place, "Three Dollar Bill, Yalls" and "Results May Vary" in the third place i love them both, hmmm about "Gold Cobra" well its a bad album that's for sure, but i like one song "Walking Away", anyway my worst LimpBizkit album is definitely"The Unquestionable Truth", i also enjoeyd "New Old Songs" the mixes\remixes album.
01.07.2011 - 16:18
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Chocolate Starfish, some great times were had around the release time of that record so it serves as a great reminder. The new album is actually really good too, as long as your sense of humour chip is turned on and your pride chip turned off.

And I masturbate all the damn time. I like doing it in front of the mirror.
01.07.2011 - 16:48
(((O)))

I haven't really listened to Limp Bizkit very much so I can't answer. On the topic of masturbation, a few months ago I got hit by a car and my right shoulder was crushed (yes, crushed) so I couldn't do things with my right hand so I used the left hand instead and now when my shoulder is almost healed again I can use both hands to masturbate. Im ambidextrous! I just wanted to share my story with the MS-community
01.07.2011 - 16:50
Coolingsrock

They used to be awesome
01.07.2011 - 17:11
Kennoth

Why did I receive not one, not two, or even three, but FOUR notifications about this?!

And what does Limp Bizkit has to do with Korn?
----
*insert something deep and profound*
01.07.2011 - 17:48
FinnishSammich

Definitely Significant Other.
01.07.2011 - 18:05
Paradox0
Unasuming Madnes
What the fuck. I was just thinking of the song "rolling" as I woke up thinking "what the....when was the last time I've listened to them", and lo and behold, you pop up. Chocolate Starfish and the Hot Dog Flavored Water was the only album of their's owned, but I remember finding it to kind of suck, if not for the gratuitous amount of rap and lack of...whatever the hell they play which isn't rap.
01.07.2011 - 18:08
mariano

It looks like I was notified because of Disturbed, but I don't see any similarity between these bands (I don't even think Disturbed can be tagged as nu metal either)
Anyway, nu Metal doesn't have many friends around here, you were right about that.
01.07.2011 - 19:00
MickeyDeez79

Fuck Fred Durst! Fuck Limp Bizkit! And Fuck All That Wigger Ass Shit!
Nu Metal is untrue metal, with the exception of Disturbed, but they were never really nu metal. I like real metal with long hair (although not a huge factor in the music), guitar solos, complex instrumentations, and white characteristics.
The only reason I got this update was because I like Disturbed.
01.07.2011 - 19:17
Xim
Rocker of Worlds
Written by MickeyDeez79 on 01.07.2011 at 19:00

Nu Metal is untrue metal, with the exception of Disturbed, but they were never really nu metal. I like real metal with long hair (although not a huge factor in the music), guitar solos, complex instrumentations, and white characteristics.

Yeah, metal doesn't ever sound good unless it has long hair. And fuck anything with non-white characteristics, like blues music, which inspired rock, which inspired metal.

Um, yeah. Anyways...

I've never been a fan of Limp Bizkit. I heard a few songs by them and I thought they sucked. I also really don't like Fred Durst, he's a total douche. Limp Bizkit is actually one of the nu-metal bands that I don't consider metal, like Linkin Park. They're mostly just rap rock.

But I do like a few nu-metal bands though. Industrial metal and nu-metal actually got me into metal and I'm not going to pretend to hate those genres just because it's cool to hate on them and they're not popular anymore. Clawfinger, Korn, Disturbed, Drowning Pool and recently Mudvayne are the nu metal bands I enjoy.
01.07.2011 - 19:29
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Kennoth on 01.07.2011 at 17:11

Well Jonathan Davies appeared in the video for for Break Stuff or whatever it's called.
01.07.2011 - 19:32
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by (((O))) on 01.07.2011 at 16:48

On the topic of masturbation, a few months ago I got hit by a car and my right shoulder was crushed (yes, crushed) so I couldn't do things with my right hand so I used the left hand instead and now when my shoulder is almost healed again I can use both hands to masturbate. Im ambidextrous! I just wanted to share my story with the MS-community

Best story ever! Obviously sucks about your arm but it sounds like it was worth it.
01.07.2011 - 19:47
JD
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 01.07.2011 at 19:29

Well Jonathan Davies appeared in the video for for Break Stuff or whatever it's called.

And JD also appeared in the song "Nobody Like You" as a guest vocalist.
01.07.2011 - 21:21
Kennoth

Written by Guest on 01.07.2011 at 19:32

Written by Guest on 01.07.2011 at 19:29

Indeed

I know of this. In fact, Korn are responsible for the existence of that band. But still. Sending notifications to anyone to raise awareness of your topic pisses me off greatly.

Written by Xim on 01.07.2011 at 19:17

Yeah, metal doesn't ever sound good unless it has long hair. And fuck anything with non-white characteristics, like blues music, which inspired rock, which inspired metal.

Um, yeah. Anyways...

I've never been a fan of Limp Bizkit. I heard a few songs by them and I thought they sucked. I also really don't like Fred Durst, he's a total douche. Limp Bizkit is actually one of the nu-metal bands that I don't consider metal, like Linkin Park. They're mostly just rap rock.

But I do like a few nu-metal bands though. Industrial metal and nu-metal actually got me into metal and I'm not going to pretend to hate those genres just because it's cool to hate on them and they're not popular anymore. Clawfinger, Korn, Disturbed, Drowning Pool and recently Mudvayne are the nu metal bands I enjoy.

I agree with everything you said, and I'd like to add that Limp Bizkit never were nu-metal, and shouldn't be classified as such.
----
*insert something deep and profound*
01.07.2011 - 22:57
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
Could any of the staff explain how did i get this notification ?

so, Limp Biscuit Bizkit's music is very commercial, the typical sellout-elements are there: the faggy clothes and the naked chicks dancing around and all that bullshit .. however, i believe their guitarist is a REALLY good guitarist, and i do not mean technically, but he's got his own thing going on, kinda like industrial / post-thrash sound .. i think he's influenced by cross-over thrash music.. so, if limp bizkit release their albums without the rap singing, i would definitely consider them a "good" band ... true that their music is awfully simple and repetitive, but the guy can come up with some pretty bad-ass riffs.

so, overall opinion: not even close to being a metal band, but the guitarist is decent enough to be metal. oh, and about the question of the topic, i think their first album 3 dollar bill was the most "metal" out of them, but significant other is their best work .. chocolate starfish, and the others are way too commercial for me to bear listening to them, with the exception of maybe "the truth" which had some dark lyrics and less turntables shit from "DJ lethal injection and die already".

how do i know all of that, because numetal is the only form of metal that is allowed in my country .. so before the internet and the illegal downloads pretty much the only way to get good metal was smuggled imports, and listen to nu-metal to keep me going until the next "shipment' of illegal metal imports arrives !!
----

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free
Johann Wolfgang van Goethe 1749-1832
02.07.2011 - 03:12
MickeyDeez79

Written by Xim on 01.07.2011 at 19:17

Um, yeah. Anyways...

I am not saying that I only like white music. I like blues and that is about it. And I don't listen 2 music for the hair. The only reason why I listen 2 music is because of the "music". That is why it's called "listening 2 music". I have short hair and I don't plan on growing long hair until my mid to late 20s.
02.07.2011 - 06:34
Xim
Rocker of Worlds
Written by MickeyDeez79 on 02.07.2011 at 03:12

I am not saying that I only like white music. I like blues and that is about it. And I don't listen 2 music for the hair. The only reason why I listen 2 music is because of the "music". That is why it's called "listening 2 music". I have short hair and I don't plan on growing long hair until my mid to late 20s.

Alright that's good 2 know.
02.07.2011 - 12:16
Angelic Storm
Melodious

Nu metal is not "untrue metal". I don't like Limp Bizkit at all, I think they're absolutely awful. But I do like some nu metal like Korn, Slipknot, and System Of A Down. I've been into metal for years before nu metal was even known about, and I dont think it's "untrue". Its just a different, more modern take on metal music. That doesn't make it not metal though.
02.07.2011 - 19:05
fabregassed
Account deleted
Written by Angelic Storm on 02.07.2011 at 12:16

Nu metal is not "untrue metal". I don't like Limp Bizkit at all, I think they're absolutely awful. But I do like some nu metal like Korn, Slipknot, and System Of A Down. I've been into metal for years before nu metal was even known about, and I dont think it's "untrue". Its just a different, more modern take on metal music. That doesn't make it not metal though.

Stop interfering. He's trying to gain some quick kvlt points.
02.07.2011 - 21:46
Void Eater
Account deleted
I have to ask, what is so 'open minded' about listening to music designed to sell to teenagers? It's specificaly designed just to make it mass marketable-you liking it doesn't make you some sort of enlightened open minded genius, it simply means that you enjoy watered down music by people who couldn't give a shit about quality.

That being said, I'm not a fan of the band, but Chocoalte Starfish has a few songs I like, namely Rollin and My Generation, so that wins it. Most of the songs I've heard on Significant Other are either crappy ballad-esque songs or songs that only use actual riffs in the chorus.
03.07.2011 - 11:25
Powerslavex
Alexskywalker
Hate em all! punks:gunner:
06.07.2011 - 07:09
neros1x

I love this thread. I had Chocolate Starfish and none of the others, so I picked that one. I hate them now, because the lyrics are really, really banal, but I was a huge fan back in high school. To all the bandwagon bottle-throwers: it was the late nineties, grunge was OD'ing on heroine somewhere, hip hop was just starting to come out of the underground (and some of it was actually good back then); what else were us dissaffected, inner-city white boys supposed to find to be angry to? When I was in high school, "metal" meant "eighties music" and therefore had to suck on general principal. Nobody said teenagers are smart.
Nu Metal got me into metal. Someone else mentioned Slipknot and System; Mudvayne and Spineshank are pretty badass.
11.07.2011 - 20:43
Septicfish

I remember buying 'Chocolate Starfish' when it was first released in 2000, then bought their previous two records - I thought Limp Bizkit were pretty cool then. I slowly drifted away from them after 2003's not-so-hot 'Results May Vary'?in fact that's probably their worst record to date. Then came 'Gold Cobra'... To hear what they have to offer now, I bought the deluxe edition, and I happen to find their latest effort to be trying, but not close enough. I mean they have some decent tracks on the record, but I think they may have passed their expiry date...

All in all, I think their best stuff was on their first record?'Counterfeit', 'Pollution', 'Faith', 'Clunk', and 'Stuck' are some of my favourite songs from that record.
----
Ave Lucifer cornuta Magnus, Sanctus Satanas, dator vitae aeternae et signifer libero.
12.07.2011 - 02:08
Bitch Boy

I was torn between Significant Other and Chocolate Starfish but eventually voted CS, it has a cool atmosphere and brings me back memories from junior high
12.07.2011 - 02:38
Mikyz

I remember this time when one of my friends raved about this band, and so I asked him to show them to me and he did, he chose a song called "Hot Dog" and if I recall correctly the lyrics were at a prodigal level that surpassed even Gibran Khalil Gibran, the lyrics consisted of the word Fuck followed by some random word for a couple of minutes, and that ladies and gentleman is/will be forever the only experience I got with Limp Bizkit and honestly it was WAY more than enough, I mean I don't understand the hype behind those guys, all of their songs sound World-of-Warcraft-player lazy to me. The only thing worthy they left behind are a bunch of hilarious reviews. There new album is no exception from what I read it may be even lazier than their old outputs.
----
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.
12.07.2011 - 02:46
Guib
Thrash Talker
None of the above.... actually don't think I ever like Limp...
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
10.08.2011 - 06:32
fjord-dweller

Limp dick-bizkit is a discrace to humanity. i hope he gets raped in the ear by glen benton.
10.08.2011 - 08:00
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by fjord-dweller on 10.08.2011 at 06:32
Limp dick-bizkit is a discrace to humanity. i hope he gets raped in the ear by glen benton.

I'm assuming by "he" you mean Fred Durst, because Limp Bizkit is a band, not a man.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
10.08.2011 - 09:18
Void Eater
Account deleted
I hated Limp Bizkit before it was cool to hate Limp Bizkit.