Metal Storm logo
Anathema - New Compilation Due In September

Anathema will release another reworked compilation album, entitled Falling Deeper, on September 5th.

The band released the following statement: "Falling Deeper continues where Hindsight left off. The album features brand new arrangements of songs and haunting melodies from our earliest days. It's a mesmerizing blend of the orchestral - majestic and at times ethereal - with beautiful vocal arrangements and our unique 'feedback' lead guitars, all centred around a grand piano and a huge rhythm section. All the layers work together to convey the haunting internal landscapes Anathema have become renowned for.

This is an album which we hope will excite old and new Anathema fans equally. A fresh musical and lyrical approach has transformed songs such as "Crestfallen", "Kingdom" and "Sunset Of Age". This record reveals how, even from the very start, the band wrote melodies which would always have a universal magic and emotional impact.

Another highlight of the album, "Everwake", features the incredible voice of Anneke van Giersbergen and has brought a higher dimension to one of the band's earliest and simplest acoustic pieces.

The record has been produced by Daniel Cavanagh and was recorded and mixed by Andrea Wright at the legendary Parr St Studios, Liverpool (where the likes of Elbow, Coldplay and Echo and the Bunnymen have also recorded albums). The orchestral arrangements are from Dave Stewart who worked so successfully with Anathema on We're Here Because We're Here.

Falling Deeper, in the words of Daniel Cavanagh, is: ''a nod to our past and a look to our future all at the same time, with a sound that is designed to transport you to the heart of the present moment.''

Source: anathema.ws
Band profile: Anathema
Posted: 07.07.2011 by Angel_Lament

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 8   Visited by: 71 users
07.07.2011 - 15:20
Kenos
Account deleted
Old repertoire revisited... Sounds good to me.
07.07.2011 - 15:26
Jon

Bit vogue at the moment isn't it, what with Evinta as well
maybe Paradise Lost will release a jazz version of Draconian Times
----
A mythology is a religion different enough from your own for it's absurdity to be obvious.
07.07.2011 - 15:58
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Judging by the songs listed so far, I'm very excited. Also, I love the song "Everwake".

Oh, all of this makes me want to listen to the oldies.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
07.07.2011 - 16:04
Enissa

Great news, Actually Anneke's voice will be a very good addition to "Everwake" which is a very awesome song...
07.07.2011 - 20:37
tirim4

Anathema: YES!
Anneke: YES, YES!
Anathema+Anneke= YES, YES, YES!
08.07.2011 - 03:45
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Reading "Falling Deeper continues where Hindsight left off." was enough for me to open my eyes wide and think "Sweet! Me wants"
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
08.07.2011 - 14:43
Jeeers

That is great!
21.07.2011 - 14:42
garmling
Account deleted
Wonderful!!!

Hits total: 2697 | This month: 4