Metal Storm logo
Mastodon - Album Cover Artwork Unveiled

Atlanta progressive metallers Mastodon will release their new upcoming album, The Hunter, this October through Reprise Records. You can find the album cover artwork below.

The artwork was created by AJ Fosik, a wood carver who is also responsible for the backdrop the band uses live. This marks the first time Mastodon has not used acclaimed artist Paul Romano, who was responsible for all of the group's previous artwork.

Mastodon recently revealed more song titles for The Hunter. Tracks to appear on the band's follow-up to 2009's Crack The Skye include: "The Hunter: All The Heavy Lifting", "Dry Bone Valley", "Blasteroids", "The Octopus Has No Friends", "Stargasm", and "Curl Of The Burl".

The Hunter was recorded at Doppler Studios in the band's hometown of Atlanta as well as in Los Angeles with producer Mike Elizondo. As with all of their albums, Mastodon decided to take a completely different tack and musical approach to the music on this album. The band feels confident that fans will be excited and fulfilled by what they will hear.

Adultswim.com still has an unreleased Mastodon song, called "Deathbound", available as free download.

Source: mastodonrocks.com
Band profile: Mastodon
Posted: 07.07.2011 by Thryce

Comments page 2 / 2

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 38   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 277 users
08.07.2011 - 10:08
beyondtehdarksun

No more elemental theme this time?
----
"We are blind to the world within us, waiting to be born"
08.07.2011 - 10:19
Angelic Storm
Melodious
The fact that the cover is a wood carving, makes it amazing. lol The guy who made that clearly has serious talent!

"Blasteroids" sounds like the title of an 80's shoot em' up!
08.07.2011 - 13:51
BudDa

2 words come to my mind after seeing this "Donkey Kong"! They probably should have also named the album that. *Mehn, the things people do for originality*
----
Freeze! Step away from the hubris.
08.07.2011 - 19:48
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Written by beyondtehdarksun on 08.07.2011 at 10:08

No more elemental theme this time?

they've sort of burned those up... unless they release the Captain Planet album.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
09.07.2011 - 02:09
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Pimpelmee on 07.07.2011 at 22:57

Haha, "de Fabeltjeskrant" revisited.

now that you mention it: "aaawuuuuuu, ik heet Bor de Wolf"
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

09.07.2011 - 10:18
Why, oh why would they stop using Paul Romano's beautiful artwork. Such a shame....
14.07.2011 - 00:59
Symmachus

Woodcarvers don't usually contribute to album artwork, so that's definitely different in itself. The album cover is awesome, if you ask me.
14.07.2011 - 03:53
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Symmachus on 14.07.2011 at 00:59

Woodcarvers don't usually contribute to album artwork, so that's definitely different in itself. The album cover is awesome, if you ask me.

Indeed it is. It's way superior to their last one. Actually with Romano's work for Mastodon it's like Mastodon's music Remission is the best, then Leviathan, then Blood Mountain, and the worst is Crack the Skye.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

Hits total: 4709 | This month: 7