Metallica (The Black Album)
St. Anger
Death Magnetic
Load
Reload

Total votes: 115
08.07.2011 - 00:47
Metal_4Ever

Metallica is the best Thrash Metal band and it's my best Thrash Metal band for this moment and I always want to know what Metallica's fan prefer for them.
For me I'd choose Metallica (The Black Album) I loved all this album's songs from Enter Sandman to The Struggle Within.
08.07.2011 - 00:59
Sean 79

Master of Puppets is a savage album but i've always had a soft spot for the epic-ness of Ride the Lightning!
08.07.2011 - 01:05
Metal_4Ever

Written by Sean 79 on 08.07.2011 at 00:59

Master of Puppets is a savage album but i've always had a soft spot for the epic-ness of Ride the Lightning!

Ride The Lightning is this album that the band released it before their best album and is usually the second best album for their
08.07.2011 - 01:16
JD
Account deleted
08.07.2011 - 01:19
Metal_4Ever

Written by Guest on 08.07.2011 at 01:16

http://www.metalstorm.net/forum/topic.php?topic_id=6720

I know that poll
but there's a different between Most Important and Your Favorite....
08.07.2011 - 01:29
Warman
Erotic Stains
Master of Puppets. There's no competition. I bought it when I was 13 years old, it's probably the most important album to me personally, the title song has been my favourite song for 8 years and this album even shaped my whole view of life. It's that big and important to me.
----
08.07.2011 - 11:00
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Warman on 08.07.2011 at 01:29

Master of Puppets. There's no competition. I bought it when I was 13 years old, it's probably the most important album to me personally, the title song has been my favourite song for 8 years and this album even shaped my whole view of life. It's that big and important to me.

my to, for emotional reasons and IMO best where they put emotions into lyrics and muisc and I love this albums
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
08.07.2011 - 22:03
bj_waters

I'ma start a bit of a controversy by posting my opinion of the entire Metallica catalog, so here goes:

Ride the Lighting (my vote) > Death Magnetic > Metallica (Black Album) > Kill 'Em All = ...And Justice For All = Master of Puppets > St. Anger > Reload > Load

Have at you!
11.07.2011 - 14:07
Powerslavex
Alexskywalker
Riding the lightning up to heaven i love this wicked album
30.07.2011 - 00:10
Metal_4Ever

All the folk say "Of course MoP, What da stupid question everybody loves MoP" ha that's the answer RTL #1. Kill 'Em All #2......
30.07.2011 - 09:43
Void Eater
Account deleted
Master of Puppets is overrated. Just sayin. It's got four classics in Battery, Damage Inc, Dissposable Heroes, and the legendary title track, but the other songs aren't anything great. TTTSNB is a failed attempt at doom, Sanitarium is their weakest early ballad, Orion is fairly average, and Lepper Messiah just keeps on plodding.

Ride the Lightning is their best obviously. It's got the killer thrash songs, the more midpaced yet still great more trad metal songs, their best instrumental, and their best ballad, which is also the first metal song I heard.

And yes, my opinion is fact, and if you disagree than you are wrong, mmk MoP fanboys?
30.07.2011 - 10:03
JCJen7

Ride The Lightning > Master Of Puppets > ...And Justice For All > Kill 'Em All > Metallica > St. Anger > Load > ReLoad.

Garage Inc. is somewhere in there with s/t and St. Anger, i don't usually consider it an actual album, just a fun album. the only songs i ever really go back to on there is the Black Sabbath mashup ("Sabbra Cadabra"), and the Mercyful Fate mashup ("Mercyful Fate").
----
This is my sig, respect it. Please.

CHECK THESE OUT
30.07.2011 - 11:17
Genghis Kal
Account deleted
When I first got into metal I used to worship Metallica, but since I've listened to more extreme, and better thrash, I now think they're really overrated. Not being a total fanboy anymoremakes this question more difficult to answer.

Master of Puppets has a few killer thrash tracks: Battery, Disposable heroes and Damage Inc. but the rest are quite weak. The verse section of the title track just goes on for ever and gets a bit tedious, although the lyrics are excellent. Orion has great riffs throughout and is probably my favourite Metallica song, truly a masterpiece.

I still think justice is pretty good but again, the usually highly rated tracks like One seem a bit boring and get on my nerves. Some really heavy riffs on this album but the production is shockingly bad.

Ride and Kill 'em All are good fun, the latter again having above average lyrics for the genre.

The rest are a waste of time for my taste.

I'll go for ...And Justice For All because it's their darkest and heaviest effort.
30.07.2011 - 22:23
king_matt

I think somebody voted for St. Anger as a joke.
----
http://www.last.fm/user/King_Matt
01.08.2011 - 16:46
Metal_4Ever

Written by king_matt on 30.07.2011 at 22:23

Written by HiF on 05.07.2011 at 05:23

For me, it's their best album. Great production (heaviness of guitars, raw drums), catchiness. Perfect for headbanging
01.08.2011 - 16:53
ErnilEnNaur
Account deleted
Ride The Lightning.

That album flows with juices of creation. OK, that sounded lame and creepy, but I think RTL boasts the best melodies and the best riffs in Metallica's history. At the time they released this album, they were in my opinion the greatest metal band on Earth, rivaled only by Dio.
01.08.2011 - 19:11
king_matt

Written by Metal_4Ever on 01.08.2011 at 16:46

Written by king_matt on 30.07.2011 at 22:23

Written by HiF on 05.07.2011 at 05:23

For me, it's their best album. Great production (heaviness of guitars, raw drums), catchiness. Perfect for headbanging

Oh, didn't see that.
----
http://www.last.fm/user/King_Matt
23.09.2011 - 16:01
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Load. They had to cut a minute off the last song to make it fit on the album.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
23.09.2011 - 21:22
HoleInTheSky1985

The big three of albums (RTL,MOP,AJFA) rank so high in my favorite albums of all time (as does Slayer's big 3 output of RIB,SOH,SITA), If I had to pick one it would be MOP, just edging out RTL, tough call, but I love the songs, the playing, and the production.
23.09.2011 - 22:00
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Guest on 01.08.2011 at 19:09

...And Justice For All

That one might be a contender for me if it weren't for the awful production.
23.09.2011 - 22:22
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Guest on 23.09.2011 at 22:14
I really like it. Actually, 'once upon a time' i really listened and listened to this album and I just find the production great for my tastes. But that's just my liking towards this album, there are maaany different around. I think it's like the thing with TV settings... I don't know what's the term in English, but what I mean is 'colour warmth' and you can adjust it towards colder or warmer. And Justice For All I like served as cold.

"Cold" is a great way of describing the production on "Justice", and "dry" is another one! For me, the drum sound is just really dry and flat, and the bass being non existent is also something I really don't like about the production... I'd definitely prefer the album served warmer! hehe
24.09.2011 - 03:29
NecroCorpSlayer

Why doesn't anyone here like Kill' Em All? It's the thrashiest, and imo their best
19.09.2012 - 14:49
henrihell93

Written by Guest on 01.08.2011 at 19:09

...And Justice For All

Why? It's nicely varied with song material. Also, the songs in itself aren't the simpliest ones, yet while those don't have anything which could be called as vain wankery.

drums - dynamic, cool fills and tempo changes
rhythm guitar - go well along the drumming and have a great dismal sound.
solo guitar - classic solos and great solos in the right places.
bass - nicely mixed
vocals - James' voice has the best balance of the 'boy/man -sound' in this album.

Overall it has no fillers, songwriting is top notch and instruments on their own have enough indentity. Captivating classic.

I agree with you for the most part, but a nicely mixed bass? That's the only album I think would've sounded the same without a bass. You can't hear the bass on any metallica album really, but on this one you can't hear it even if you crank the bass on your stereo.
19.09.2012 - 17:48
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
Kill 'Em All by a mile. Ride the lightning is only decent, and Master Of Puppets is just boring
19.09.2012 - 17:57
Aristarchos

Written by henrihell93 on 19.09.2012 at 14:49

You can't hear the bass on any metallica album really

I think the bass is heard more than you notice on their earlier albums (when Cliff was playing), because the bass sound is often mistaken to be guitars, for example the intro to "For Whom The Bell Tolls".
19.09.2012 - 21:33
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Alex F on 19.09.2012 at 17:48

Kill 'Em All by a mile. Ride the lightning is only decent, and Master Of Puppets is just boring

Kill 'em All is really good but RIde The Lightning just blows it out of the ballpark and then comes Master Of P{uppets which just copies Ride The Lightning to the T, you especially notice it when you play the vinyl because of the song placing.

COme ... And Justice For All they really went downhill with that one. My God are most of the songs extremely boring and tedious on that one.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

19.09.2012 - 21:35
Aristarchos

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 19.09.2012 at 21:33

Written by Alex F on 19.09.2012 at 17:48

Kill 'em All is really good but RIde The Lightning just blows it out of the ballpark and then comes Master Of P{uppets which just copies Ride The Lightning to the T, you especially notice it when you play the vinyl because of the song placing.

I definitely agree. As my second favourite after Ride I choose And Justice For All.
19.09.2012 - 21:37
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Aristarchos on 19.09.2012 at 17:57

I think the bass is heard more than you notice on their earlier albums (when Cliff was playing), because the bass sound is often mistaken to be guitars, for example the intro to "For Whom The Bell Tolls".

Exactly you can hearly hear a bass playing on the first three. But tbh also on Metallica. It's just that on And Justice you don't hear any bass at all
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

19.09.2012 - 22:51
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by NecroCorpSlayer on 24.09.2011 at 03:29

Why doesn't anyone here like Kill' Em All? It's the thrashiest, and imo their best

I'm sure most people voting in this poll like Kill Em' All. Not finding it your favourite Metallica album isn't the same as not liking it.

As for my fave Metallica album, it's always been Ride The Lightning. Puppets always gets most of the limelight, even though it's basically just a re-hash of the previous album, only slightly less great. "Fight Fire With Fire" is definitely one of the greatest opening tracks of all time, and easily the most ferocious and violent that Metallica have ever sounded. It's hard to call anything Metallica have done "underrated", but I feel that song is underrated in Metallica's discography. In contrast, "Fade To Black" was Metallica's first ballad (and indeed, the first one ever recorded by a thrash band) and it's still the best one they've written. And every other song on the album is simply Metallica at the peak of their powers.

It's an album that oozes class and musical nuance despite it's ferocity, and no matter how they faltered later in their careers, for this album alone, Metallica deserve to be called legends. It is one of the best metal albums ever created, and yes, it's also better than Master Of Puppets!
19.09.2012 - 23:47
henrihell93

Written by Aristarchos on 19.09.2012 at 17:57

Written by henrihell93 on 19.09.2012 at 14:49

You can't hear the bass on any metallica album really

Obviously bass intros, solos etc. are being heard (there's always orion), but apart from that, there's not much of fills or anything. The bass just goes on with the rhythm guitar mostly, which leads it to "not being heard" because it just sounds like some extra low end on the guitar.