Metal Storm logo
Video Creations & Animated Music Videos (AMV)

25.09.2006 - 18:45
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
I create this thread with the purpose of having a place where Metalstormers can share with the rest of the community their video creations. Any type of video creation would fit this thread but I had in mind those videos which are edited while having a specific song played in the background which, somehow, has a relation with what is being shown by the visuals.

Feel free to share your videos here even those videos that you have seen through the net and which you find to be pretty good.

My contribution to this thread would be some ancient videos I made like a year ago. The videos are the followings:

1) Samurai X (Rurouni Kenshin) - Cradle Of Filth's "Hallowed Be Thy Name" (Iron Maiden Cover)

Here is the link to YouTube where you can see it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVPPpYek1mo

The lyrics of the song barely have something to do with what is shown but the scenes of the anime have a relation, certain synchronization, with the keyboards, the riffs, the guitar solos and their changes.

The video was made out of scenes from the movie: "Rurouni Kenshin: Ishin Shishi No Requiem (Rurouni Kenshin: Requiem For The Ishin Patriots)" and from the "Reflection" double disk finale of the series which has flashbacks of past episodes including what would come to be the ending, the real ending, of the story.

2) Star Wars - Metallica's "The Unforgiven"

Here is the link for the video at YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoTv7rVKsUA

Now, in order to really appreciate what this video is about you will need to know the lyrics of the song for I focused in what the song has to say and how it fitted Anakin's turn into the dark side of the Force. Because of this, the video has mostly scenes from the "Revenge Of The Sith" movie, but with some scenes from "The Phantom Menace" and "The Attack Of The Clones" here and there. If you don't know the lyrics of the song "The Unforgiven" I provide them to you here so that it will be easier for you to understand:

"The Unforgiven" by Metallica

New blood joins this earth
And quickly he's subdued
Through constant pain disgrace
The young boy learns their rules

With time the child draws in
This whipping boy done wrong
Deprived of all his thoughts
The young man struggles on and on he's known
A vow unto his own
That never from this day
His will they'll take away

What I've felt
What I've known
Never shined through in what I've shown
Never be
Never see
Wont see what might have been

What I've felt
What I've known
Never free
Never me
So I dub the unforgiven

They dedicate their lives
To running all of his
He tries to please them all
This bitter man he is
Throughout his life the same
He's battled constantly
This fight he cannot win
A tired man they see no longer cares
The old man then prepares
To die regretfully
That old man here is me

What I've felt
What I've known
Never be
Never see
Wont see what might have been

What I've felt
What I've known
Never free
Never me
So I dub the unforgiven

You labeled me
Ill label you
So I dub the unforgiven

The video not only relies in the meaning of the verses and what is shown but it also has that synchronization with the music here and there.

3) Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns Of The Patriot - Boy Constrictor (Pig Destroyer)

Very short and brutal AMV. The video can be watched here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-WwTnOIfYs

4) Final Fantasy VII: Last Order - Progenies Of The Great Apocalypse (Dimmu Borgir)

Here is the link at YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7ISSNdw04U

5) Final Fantasy VII Advent Children - The Art Of Balance (Shadows Fall)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwpIQgHnrM4

Here are the lyrics of the song so that the video can be better understood.

I am sheltered by this apathy
Nothing left to do but torch the day
Retreating deeper into my mind
What is it that i hope to find?

This is the aftermath in me
Tendency to keep it all inside
A fool's disguise

I am strangled by this sympathy
Empty words with no meaning
Must release myself into the void
All illusions must be destroyed

Tendency to keep it all

How dare you compromise?
The balance of our lives
Excuses you devise
An internal suicide
I struggle to survive
A perfect goal for which to strive
Ignorance cannot disguise

The balance of our lives
Hiding the meaning of
Hiding the meaning of

It would be great to know what you guys and girls think of these videos I made. All critics are welcomed: both positive and negative.
----
Christless
29.09.2006 - 06:27
Woven Elegy
Account deleted
I see alot of AMV's with FFAC as the video theme, last one i saw was done using Blind Guardian's Fly song.
One I do like however, it's not a metal song but it's rather catchy. I see it used in the Hellsing OVA or gothic animes mainly but anyway, in Youtube, type in the search box: Mitternacht, you'll get a whole bunch of AMV's with that song.
29.09.2006 - 11:17
Skald
Account deleted
From oldest to latest:

Braveheart - Turisas - Battle Metal
It's not actually my first work, but all the previous stuff got wiped in a format. Anyway, when I first heard the song, I just knew I have to use it with this movie. Today it's some sort of a classic among my videos...

Shaolin Soccer - Cryonic Temple - Thunder And Lightning
That one was supposed to be somewhat humorous. Merging comedy like Shaolin Soccer with over the top band like Cryonic Temple had to come up like that

Troy - Blind Guardian - Battlefield
The last of my old stuff that survived to this day. The movie is 'Troy' and the song 'Battlefield', that should say enough what it is about.

War of The Worlds - Mercenary - Supremacy 2.0
The longest video I have ever made. I like how the song underlines dark aspects of WOTW. And the 'supremacy' goes perfectly with the ironical ending of the movie.

Pirates of The Caribbean - Verbal Deception - Pirate Attack
Just searched for the most pirate-sounding band, took the most fitting song and here it is
I wish it was a bit longer though, I could use more scenes.

Lord of The Rings - Manowar - Call To Arms
Remake of one of my first videos. I just love it how the music and lyrics fit the movie. The video is oriented around scenes from defending of Helm's Deep. From beginning to the end, the whole battle is here.

Metalocalypse - Dethklok - Duncan Hills Jingle
This one's pretty silly, but I just had to make something with that cartoon

Metalocalypse - Dethklok - Awaken Mustakrakish
And this one actually looks like a real band clip. Taken from my favorite episode too

Pink Floyd The Wall - Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb
The only non-metal video from me that survived to this day. I think it's the best I've made so far (and it's much different from the rest of my works, also). The movie is really disturbing, and I think Comfortably Numb is the most fitting song from the whole The Wall album.
30.09.2006 - 01:19
Basso
Account deleted
I have yet to see ONE single good AMV..... I may both an anime fan and a metal fan but I never thought that theese mix very well... Maybe my mind will change if I see one really good....
03.10.2006 - 17:58
FrozenSky
@Darth Satanious - Great song pick in the Star Wars/Metallica.

@Skald: Very nicely done (some though got me bored). I especially like the "Pirates of The Caribbean - Verbal Deception - Pirate Attack" - this is just so good(for me atleast) . Now I would realy like to see that some one would do a "pirate clip" with some Running Wild song (Under Jolly Roger for example).
03.10.2006 - 23:42
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
@Wolven Elegy:

I have been thinking in making a video for Advent Children too but I can't make up my mind to which song would fit the movie better.

@Basso:

Keep looking around; there may be one that you get to like. Or make one for yourself and do things right.

@FrozenSky:

Thanks a lot for your comment. It may be incredible but I chose that song because of the guitar solo; then I realized how it fitted to Anakin's story. I think there is another video in YouTube with the same song and about Anakin's life too but it is pure coincidence.
----
Christless
04.10.2006 - 06:03
Woven Elegy
Account deleted
@Dath Satanious

I know the feeling, there are so many FFAC AMV's out there that it's pretty much been done to death. One I did like however and still do compared to all the others is an AMV of FFAC with Korn's Thoughtless song. The AMV itself is focused mainly around Cloud and Sephiroth's battle at the end of the movie. Have a look at it and see what you think.
04.10.2006 - 23:56
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
Written by Guest on 04.10.2006 at 06:03

@Dath Satanious

I know the feeling, there are so many FFAC AMV's out there that it's pretty much been done to death. One I did like however and still do compared to all the others is an AMV of FFAC with Korn's Thoughtless song. The AMV itself is focused mainly around Cloud and Sephiroth's battle at the end of the movie. Have a look at it and see what you think.

Yeah, and I don't know if you have noticed but they also take the juice out of the same bands and the same songs, over and over again. I checked that video you told me (or at least I think I did because there were more options under that same video and song) at YouTube and it was not bad at all. It seems that he/she did not come with much hard work though since there are long lapses of time where the scenes just run as they do in the movie, without being edited but it is good anyway. I also like this song; I consider it to be one of the best in their "Untouchables" album, a song that stands out from all those fillers they put in that album. I liked that part where it says "I'm never back against the wall" and the scene where Sephiroth pierces Cloud's shoulder with Masamune; it fitted well.

I have been thinking for a while about the song and I have two songs in mind, two songs from bands which are pretty known within their Metal subgenres but which are not very used in these AMV. If things get to work out, this video will kick some serious asses.
----
Christless
05.10.2006 - 06:13
Woven Elegy
Account deleted
Well then best of luck to ya.
Your right now that i look at the AMV, it wasn't pieced together from different parts of the movie, it's all just an uncut part with some music put into it. Still it is quite good.
05.10.2006 - 06:27
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
Thanks. I think I will have it ready in a month (I need to make space for the DVD in my computer and stuff). When I have it ready I'll put it here.
----
Christless
12.10.2006 - 12:57
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
lol Before putting myself to do the Advent Children AMV I had the idea of making a short video using the short trailer of Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns Of The Patriots with one song from Pig Destroyer: Boy Constrictor. This video can be the shortest AMV ever created (or at least the shortest I have ever made). The link for YouTube is here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-WwTnOIfYs

Any opinions and comments are more than welcomed as always.
----
Christless
06.12.2006 - 01:27
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Well, this isn't really my creation, but because this is an AMV thread, I really feel the need to post this. I actually am Not to fond of AMV's But this is really cool. Now, Don't freak out but, it's a rap song, it's a Song Done By Eminem Called "Go to Sleep," and is probably his most brutal release ever. The anime it goes along with is Rurouni Kenshin, and is pretty much clips of him when he was Hitokiri. It's needless to say badass. It's not just Eminem either, it's also Obie Trice and DMX. Even though it's rap, It's probably one of the most Metal Videos I've ever seen.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
06.12.2006 - 01:28
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Oops, I forgot to post it, here ya go http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn_FAJ61rZQ&mode=related&search=
Enjoy
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

20.12.2006 - 16:04
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
Written by Arian Totalis on 06.12.2006 at 01:27

Well, this isn't really my creation, but because this is an AMV thread, I really feel the need to post this. I actually am Not to fond of AMV's But this is really cool. Now, Don't freak out but, it's a rap song, it's a Song Done By Eminem Called "Go to Sleep," and is probably his most brutal release ever. The anime it goes along with is Rurouni Kenshin, and is pretty much clips of him when he was Hitokiri. It's needless to say badass. It's not just Eminem either, it's also Obie Trice and DMX. Even though it's rap, It's probably one of the most Metal Videos I've ever seen.

Dude, lol can you tell me what is so Metal about this video when they don't even have acoustic guitars? lol This that you wrote reminded me of that The Simpsons' episode in which Homer gets into this Freak entertainers by stopping cannon balls with his stomach and then this man introduces Homer to the crowd by saying something in the lines of this: "Here is Homer Simpson who comes to represent all that Rock is, except for the music." lol

Anyway, even when I am not too fond of Rap I took a look at the video, especially because it comes to be Rurouni/Samurai a series that I love very much. I have to say that I didn't like it that much. I think that the video seemed to be just a collection of great scenes from the movie thrown one after the other without much care of trying to follow the music or anything. It was like a collage of scenes with some music in the background. The only part that seemed to fit was that one in the end where Kenji and Yahiko clash swords; though the real ending kind of didn't click for me. Additionally, I didn't like those gun samples that appeared during the sword fight of Kenshin and Saito. Now, I did like the pipe organ intro of the video? at least.

------------------------------------------------

Now I must update the page with my latest video creations:

1) Final Fantasy VII: Last Order - Progenies Of The Great Apocalypse (Dimmu Borgir)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7ISSNdw04U

2) Final Fantasy VII Advent Children - The Art Of Balance (Shadows Fall)

This last video I consider to be one of the best I have done so far. I really put a lot of effort into it. There is not only synchronization going on but also the scenes hold relation with what is being said in the song. In order to understand better the video, it comes to be necessary to know the lyrics. Here I provide them:

I am sheltered by this apathy
Nothing left to do but torch the day
Retreating deeper into my mind
What is it that i hope to find?

Tendency to keep it all inside
A fool's disguise

I am strangled by this sympathy
Empty words with no meaning
Must release myself into the void
All illusions must be destroyed

Tendency to keep it all

How dare you compromise?
The balance of our lives
Excuses you devise
An internal suicide
I struggle to survive
A perfect goal for which to strive
Ignorance cannot disguise

The balance of our lives
Hiding the meaning of
Hiding the meaning of

Just by taking a look at them I am pretty sure that fans of the movie will have an idea of what to expect in the video.
----
Christless
20.12.2006 - 18:35
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Darth Satanious on 20.12.2006 at 16:04

Dude, lol can you tell me what is so Metal about this video when they don't even have acoustic guitars? lol This that you wrote reminded me of that The Simpsons' episode in which Homer gets into this Freak entertainers by stopping cannon balls with his stomach and then this man introduces Homer to the crowd by saying something in the lines of this: "Here is Homer Simpson who comes to represent all that Rock is, except for the music." lol

Anyway, even when I am not too fond of Rap I took a look at the video, especially because it comes to be Rurouni/Samurai a series that I love very much. I have to say that I didn't like it that much. I think that the video seemed to be just a collection of great scenes from the movie thrown one after the other without much care of trying to follow the music or anything. It was like a collage of scenes with some music in the background. The only part that seemed to fit was that one in the end where Kenji and Yahiko clash swords; though the real ending kind of didn't click for me. Additionally, I didn't like those gun samples that appeared during the sword fight of Kenshin and Saito. Now, I did like the pipe organ intro of the video? at least.

Lolol I was Just being silly man. Musicaly, you're right, the only thing that could remotely be considered metal about it is The Pipe organ in the begining. But The reason why I see it as so Metal is Because of all The beautiful blood spray and combat happening. Now, I know that's not what metal is all about, and I'm aware that other Genres of Music can be just as agressive as Metal, (Well actually...I don't know about that one) But I saw the Spirit of Metal in it, and when I see the Spirit of Metal in something, I'll always see it as metal, wether it actually is or not. Plus, It was like, the only AMV I've ever seen (Besides that Cradle one you showed me I think) That I actualy liked. In any case, I was Just being silly dude, don't worry about it.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

22.12.2006 - 08:05
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
Written by Arian Totalis on 20.12.2006 at 18:35

Written by Darth Satanious on 20.12.2006 at 16:04

Lolol I was Just being silly man. Musicaly, you're right, the only thing that could remotely be considered metal about it is The Pipe organ in the begining. But The reason why I see it as so Metal is Because of all The beautiful blood spray and combat happening. Now, I know that's not what metal is all about, and I'm aware that other Genres of Music can be just as agressive as Metal, (Well actually...I don't know about that one) But I saw the Spirit of Metal in it, and when I see the Spirit of Metal in something, I'll always see it as metal, wether it actually is or not. Plus, It was like, the only AMV I've ever seen (Besides that Cradle one you showed me I think) That I actualy liked. In any case, I was Just being silly dude, don't worry about it.

I was playing around. I know what you mean. By the way, I know you like Shadows Fall so maybe you will get to enjoy the last video I made. Now, I don't know if you are into Final Fantasy so, if you are not, you may not get much out of it. Anyway, here is the link just in case:

----
Christless
23.12.2006 - 01:12
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
@Darth: Yeah dude I love Final Fantasy It's my favorite game series, I prefer Old school over new school though. I watched a Bootleged version of Advent children before they had released it in the U.S.
And I Love Shadows Fall to, I was singing along with it the whole time
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

23.12.2006 - 05:44
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
@Arian:

I did the same thing. A friend of mine brought me the movie ripped from the Japanese version with English subtitles and recorded in DVD; I think that he brought it during the first days of its release. That is good to hear. Thanks for giving a little of your time to my video.
----
Christless
04.01.2007 - 06:11
Dark Blood
The Avenger
@Darth Satanious you have really nice videos there!

Well, I have 2 videos I made with FFAC - yeah I know, we're all tired of them but I had to do it 'cause I love FF and these were my first AMVs!

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children - Prophetian by Eternal Tears of Sorrow
A combination of 2 things I love: FF and ETOS! I picked up "Prophetian" because it's my favorite ETOS song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpZikqc8cBM

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children - Light and Space by Threshold
I'm surprised that a great band like Threshold doesn't have any video on the net.. So I made one myself, with this great song from the album "Hypothetical". I'd use my fav song "The Ravages Of Time" but it's 10 minutes long..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDdQj94PJTM

I also have an unfinished video (actually my first), using Futurama video with the Nightwish song "Moondance". I'll finish it someday (or make another) and post it.
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
15.01.2007 - 03:20
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
Written by Dark Blood on 04.01.2007 at 06:11

@Darth Satanious you have really nice videos there!

Well, I have 2 videos I made with FFAC - yeah I know, we're all tired of them but I had to do it 'cause I love FF and these were my first AMVs!

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children - Prophetian by Eternal Tears of Sorrow
A combination of 2 things I love: FF and ETOS! I picked up "Prophetian" because it's my favorite ETOS song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpZikqc8cBM

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children - Light and Space by Threshold
I'm surprised that a great band like Threshold doesn't have any video on the net.. So I made one myself, with this great song from the album "Hypothetical". I'd use my fav song "The Ravages Of Time" but it's 10 minutes long..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDdQj94PJTM

I also have an unfinished video (actually my first), using Futurama video with the Nightwish song "Moondance". I'll finish it someday (or make another) and post it.

Thanks dude. I saw your videos and they are not bad at all. Threshold sounds like a modern version of the Love-Rock band Survivor.
----
Christless
23.02.2007 - 04:33
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
Dudes, check this shit out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-pR9jJtwgk

Someone got the fucked up idea of putting Yuna singing Sorgens Dell Kammer II. lol WTF!?
----
Christless
25.02.2007 - 10:26
Eight
Shapeshifter
LOL! begining was great, but when she started to sing, i felt down from my chear !
----
Book: "I am a Shepherd. Folks like a man of God."

Mal: "No, they don't. Men of God make everyone feel guilty and judged."
26.02.2007 - 10:05
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
what program(s) do you people to make AMV's? cus I have some ideas but im not sure where to start.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
26.02.2007 - 10:13
Eight
Shapeshifter
Erm, you could use Windows Movie Maker but seriously, try Adobe Premiere
( http://www.adobe.com/products/premiere/ )
----
Book: "I am a Shepherd. Folks like a man of God."

Mal: "No, they don't. Men of God make everyone feel guilty and judged."
28.02.2007 - 02:51
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
Written by Eight on 25.02.2007 at 10:26

LOL! begining was great, but when she started to sing, i felt down from my chear !

Yeah, it kind of started well during the first seconds but then it got weak and with Yuna singing as Shagrath it got pretty fucked up. lol Maybe if he or she would not have given so much focus to Yuna singing, it could have been not so bad.

Written by Doc G. on 26.02.2007 at 10:05

what program(s) do you people to make AMV's? cus I have some ideas but im not sure where to start.

As Jester Eddie said, you can try with Windows Movie Maker. I use Nero for the editing but as far as I know they are kind of similar. If you get to make something remember to post it here.
----
Christless
28.02.2007 - 03:18
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Darth Satanious on 28.02.2007 at 02:51

Yeah, it kind of started well during the first seconds but then it got weak and with Yuna singing as Shagrath it got pretty fucked up. lol Maybe if he or she would not have given so much focus to Yuna singing, it could have been not so bad.

As Jester Eddie said, you can try with Windows Movie Maker. I use Nero for the editing but as far as I know they are kind of similar. If you get to make something remember to post it here.

Thanks alot, and I'll be sure to post it as soon as im done. Just another question, do you upload the movies from dvd? or do you download them?
----
- George Carlin
28.02.2007 - 03:43
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
Written by Doc G. on 28.02.2007 at 03:18

Written by Darth Satanious on 28.02.2007 at 02:51

Thanks alot, and I'll be sure to post it as soon as im done. Just another question, do you upload the movies from dvd? or do you download them?

The ones I have used up until now are ripped from DVDs, except for the Metal Gear Solid video. The Star Wars one was ripped from a DVD of the recorded movie off a theater and that is why the quality is so shitty (I couldn't wait for the DVD release in order to make it lol) and the FF Advent Children one was the Japanese DVD version ripped from a DVD, downloaded from the Internet, and then passed to a DVD from which I ripped the movie.

But if you are to make the video, you will have to turn the movie into data, to a file, before the editing, at least in Nero.
----
Christless
11.04.2007 - 06:39
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
I had a really good idea for an AMV I was going to make, but then I coouldnt find my DVD of what I had planned, and its really disapointing because I had a really sweet idea....but im currently working on some other ones so in a few weeks ill post 'em for your critiques.
----
- George Carlin
11.04.2007 - 07:39
Elijah
Dance, bitch!
I think the best AMV I've ever seen was one about Neon Genesis Evangelion to Rammstein's Engel, with the character Asuka taking Till's part and other characters singing the short female parts(primarily, Shinji, though Asuka herself does it for one scene). The timing in this video is ace.
----
19.04.2007 - 16:08
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
@Dr.Rock:

Bring them.

Written by Elijah on 11.04.2007 at 07:39

I think the best AMV I've ever seen was one about Neon Genesis Evangelion to Rammstein's Engel, with the character Asuka taking Till's part and other characters singing the short female parts(primarily, Shinji, though Asuka herself does it for one scene). The timing in this video is ace.

Link us.

------------------------------

I am finally working in my rendition to The Lord Of The Rings. All I will say by now is that LOTR will collide with Orthodox Black Metal. Expect the unexpected.
----
Christless