Metal Storm logo
Emotional Piano

Original post

Posted by Lucas, 25.09.2006 - 21:23
Hello, welcome to my topic.

Ok, let me explain what I am searching for. I am searching for piano music, NOT (!) keyboard! What I want is clean piano parts. They need to be very emotional, so that can either be slow and depressive, or fast and cheerful, or angry or whatever. Strong emotions is the main thing.

Ok, when we have that straight, we can move on.

It can be piano used in any musical direction. Wether it is furious Black Metal, Ambient style, Classical music (some good composers?). Anything. Everything.

So, let me have it! I hope I made it all clear, if not, ask for a better definition. (This was writting in a hurry.)
14.11.2006 - 21:30
Lucas
Mr. Noise
elite
Muse, really? From what I've heard (and yes, that is limited to the MTV airplay) they suck.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
15.11.2006 - 18:26
Torelli
@Nervel: Well, I guess that's a matter of opinion.I wasn't to found at them at first either, but I grew into them and I now consider one of the best band I listen to. They have nice piano and bass lines and is a very skilled band IMO. If you decide to give them a chance then I recomend The albums "Absolution" and "Origin Of Symmetry".
15.11.2006 - 22:38
Soliloquy
Written by Lucas on 14.11.2006 at 21:30

Muse, really? From what I've heard (and yes, that is limited to the MTV airplay) they suck.

muse is one of those bands that you a) either like. b) dis like, or c) dont know. if you love, or like dream theater, then you might like muse. they have some stuff in common(sound wise). so yeah...

oh and, i'm recording some emotional piano song right now. once i'm done with it, i'll send it to you.
----

now get on your knees and worship me!
-Zakk Wylde
16.11.2006 - 19:48
Torelli
Oh, I almost forgot! Try Soul takers if you want some good piano. They are a italian atmospheric that uses alot of classical piano. Here is some samples:

http://www.rockdetector.com/artist,36456.sm

And their website: http://www.soultakers.net/
while you're at the site I suggest that you check out the samples of Federica's(the pianist) solo album.

EDIT: For some more of Federica's works, check:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=123810088
03.12.2006 - 15:51
BloodTears
ANA-thema
elite
Emotional piano hum... "Into My Arms" by Nick Cave.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
11.12.2006 - 20:33
Valentin B
Iconoclast
manowar-heart of steel. damn that intro! almost makes me cry.
21.12.2006 - 17:07
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by BloodTears on 03.12.2006 at 15:51

Emotional piano hum... "Into My Arms" by Nick Cave.

Hahah Spanish an dportugal music where us epiano can be emotinal, not metal music, but that what rear time show Mezzo tv and soemtimes thay play some good pioano songs in spanish, portugal, so beautyifull it is only My life, My hope, My Wine and My Roses,,, it was so beautifull

Otres - Muse, that piono, emotional I dont think so I cant imagine in rock music now emotional pioano, maybe some Jorney haha Just a small tow girl .... what was name of that song
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
21.12.2006 - 18:32
BloodTears
ANA-thema
elite
That Journey song its called "dont stop believing" I think
----

My Instagram
21.12.2006 - 20:16
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by BloodTears on 21.12.2006 at 18:32

That Journey song its called "dont stop believing" I think

Ye sit was that song ist emotional piaon opening or something and tenre was soemthing about wine
----

apos;'
[image]
22.12.2006 - 19:15
BloodTears
ANA-thema
elite
yes i think so. Journey seem to have several songs in that line, emotional piano.
----

My Instagram
25.12.2006 - 18:20
Torelli
@Kariasakis7: Belive me, muse do have some emotional stuff, but I guess that is matter of opinion...

For a more jazzy feeling of piano I strongly recomend Yuki Kajiura's song "Lullaby"
27.12.2006 - 13:40
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by BloodTears on 22.12.2006 at 19:15

yes i think so. Journey seem to have several songs in that line, emotional piano.

Well almoust all Jornej songs are emeotional, even those where cant hear piono so much,
Thays why I lobe Jorney, even if it isnt metal, but thos eemotionals hat thay give into muisc, thats wounderfull
----

apos;'
[image]
27.12.2006 - 17:11
BloodTears
ANA-thema
elite
I like them too, i love his voice.
----

My Instagram
25.01.2007 - 18:31
QueenMiSeRy
Account deleted
You should also try something by Michel Petrucciani (Jazz) and by Michael Nyman.

- By Nyman I recommend The Heart Asks Pleasure First OST of The Piano. I love it very much!
- By Petrucciani..mhm..maybe something from Solo Live

And...what about Wim Mertens' Struggle For Pleasure ?
04.03.2007 - 18:50
Graveheart
Try this amazingly emotional band called Embraced, particularly their debut album "Amorous Anathema" is what you might like if you're into piano overdose madness. The intro to "Memento of Emotions" and the ending of "Dirge of the Masquerade" are really really sweet. I also recommend the song called "Putrefaction" off their follow-up "Within". All in all this is really an unique band and if I was asked to label them somehow, I would say they are progressive symphonic black metal. I hope you can stand the vocals though, I'm sure they remind most people of Dani Filth. It isn't nearly as horrible, but in the same style anyways.

Someone mentioned the Arcturus album Sham Mirrors, try that one too if you already haven't. There's an amazing piano passage in the closing song "For to End Yet Again".
04.03.2007 - 19:36
Warman
Erotic Stains
Try the song Till Dagmar by Evergrey, I think it's great!
----
05.03.2007 - 03:02
ilicit
Fallitur Visio
not metal, but have you tried Diana Krall ? Besides beautiful, she kicks ass in the piano
----
<JustinSane> shall we play the /quit game?
<skoo> /quit
* JustinSane has quit IRC (Signed off)
<skoo> owned
* JustinSane has joined the #
<JustinSane> i cannot believe i just did that
20.04.2007 - 22:21
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by ilicit on 05.03.2007 at 03:02

not metal, but have you tried Diana Krall ? Besides beautiful, she kicks ass in the piano

Yes she plays good I like her songs but this tread are about nit metal songs
----

apos;'
[image]
26.04.2007 - 16:24
l33t_sas
Account deleted
You heard Lazarus by Porcupine Tree?

That's possibly my favourite song ever.
29.04.2007 - 13:19
Torelli
Written by Bad English on 20.04.2007 at 22:21

Written by ilicit on 05.03.2007 at 03:02

Yes she plays good I like her songs but this tread are about nit metal songs

Read the first post...ANY music gengre is acceptable, as long it has emotional piano parts in it
29.04.2007 - 20:00
Sunioj
The frontman from Ben folds five is amazing at playing piano and incorporates his abilites quite well into alt. rock. Nice happy/emotional stuff.
08.05.2007 - 18:07
FOOCK Nam
A song Otherwheres in Lake Of Tears's Forever Autumn uses piano, the Glory To The Brave's HammerFall does same. The Cradle Of Filth track Suicide And Other Comfort... has very emotion piano.

Im really interested in the piano melody which Navy captain played, it deserves to highly recommend
20.03.2009 - 19:42
Elio
Red Nightmare
Check out second Eluvium work. The other ones that are much more ambient/drone are good too.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
21.03.2009 - 07:08
tulkas
el parcero
Leaving the metal scene a bit, you should check out chopin's compositions for piano. i'm sure you'll find something you like, he's one of my fav classical composers, specially because of his piano pieces
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
29.03.2009 - 07:02
FOOCK Nam
Richard Clayderman, good pianist too.
06.08.2009 - 05:37
bloodwrage
Pagan Angel
There's a good metal piano part in Paths by Be'lakor. Be'lakor has a lot of good piano parts. Also, Kalisia has a very good piano solo in Cybion, track A-4, Awkward Decision. Protest the Hero has a lot of great parts for piano too. My favorite is the Bone Marrow outro from their latest, Fortress.

Getting off of metal stuff, there's Meatloaf. His album Bat out of Hell is a classic rock 'n roll album, one of my first. The title track is amazing. Also, Simon and Garfunkel's Sound of Silence is really good.
25.09.2009 - 15:27
Elio
Red Nightmare
Some Sigur Ros' songs are incredibly moving too, I'm referring especially to Vaka and Samskeyti, I can't hold my tears when I listen to these masterpieces.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
12.11.2009 - 00:52
nana.MD
Star-Queen
Ever heard Jacques Loussier???
he's not metal but he plays jazz with classic old stuff...it's pretty nice
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
09.12.2009 - 08:29
Kei
Agreeing with Tori Amos, although I recommend sticking to her first 3 albums. She's mellowed out with age, the music isn't bad on the newer albums, but it just isn't as powerful. Vienna Teng has some good songs as well in a similar vein.

Try out some piano pieces from soundtracks by Yuki Kajiura and Yoko Kanno, both of these composers make beautiful music in general.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFWth-ToYuE&feature=related (Yin No Piano - Yoko Kanno)
----
Author of Femme Metale on Metal Chicks.
Follow me on Metal Chicks: http://metalchicks.ca/Keinans_Blog/
Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=lf#!/?ref=logo
Twitter: @KeinanLynx