Metal Storm logo
Demonic Resurrection - UK Tour Cancelled

Indian symphonic/blackened death metal band Demonic Resurrection are forced to cancel their first-ever UK tour due to visa issues.

The band released the following statement: "I'm in a complete state of shock and utter disbelief as I write this but we have had to cancel our first ever UK tour including our performance at the prestigious Sonisphere festival. We did not receive our VISA in time be able to make it to the festival and we have no idea if we will even get it in time to make it for the other shows so we felt it best to call it off in advance rather than try and wait in the hope that the VISA will arrive, it would be unfair to all the promoters and fans.

We are extremely gutted about this and it feels like a very bad dream at this moment. We want to apologize to our fans who came to Sonisphere to see us or who booked tickets for the other shows, unfortunately it was out of our hands. We spent a small fortune to pay for our visas, tour merch and other documents but more than the money it kills us that we couldn't play for our fans in the UK.

We really want to thank all the people that helped us put this whole thing together. Haydn and Northern Music who booked us for all these shows, Naveen from Mixtape for hooking up the London gig, Deepak Rao for helping us with everything, all the promoters Alan Day (Sonisphere), Natasha (Underworld), Anthony (The Well), Karl (Waterfront) and Ian (Riverside) for having faith in us and booking us for these gigs - we're really sorry to have let you guys down. Darren and Conor from Candlelight, Simon who agreed to drive us and be our tour manager. All the bands that offered to share their backline and gear with us Harjit & Decayed Messiah, Dave and Ancient Ascendant and Luke and Want For Destruction thank you! As well as Kill To Gain, Chaosanct, Shrapnel, 101% Pantera, RSJ, Shadow's Lie Within and Waking Theo for supporting us!

This is truly one of the lowest moments of our careers, playing a festival like Sonisphere and then following it up with al tour, it actually is like a dream come true for us, one that we've worked a decade to achieve. However we will not let this deter us and we do promise that we will come back to the UK soon and kick some ass. "

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Demonic Resurrection
Posted: 11.07.2011 by Kriegsphilosoph

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 3   Visited by: 17 users
11.07.2011 - 19:32
Tod_Engel

How lame can the slow-moving bureaucracy be.
11.07.2011 - 20:09
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Funny some terorists can get enter visa to EU, but ppl who plays metal, music, makes people happy cant ......
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
16.07.2011 - 09:37
VloRD

This is absolute madness!
they are a promising band from India about to play in their first UK tour
----

Hits total: 2168 | This month: 7