Metal Storm logo
Celestiial - Featured In Ballet Short Film

Always wondered how to dance to funeral doom metal? Well, keep reading, because the track "Waldlander Im Herbst" from funeral doom one-man band Celestiial has been used as the soundtrack to Disconsolate, an experimental dance short film performed by the Ballet Deviare.

You can watch the nine-minute clip, directed by Adam Waltner, after the jump.

Disconsolate is described as a powerful, soul-entrancing depiction which illustrates the depths of human suffering. Set to "Waldlander im Herbst" from the funeral doom phenomenon Celestiial (aka Tanner Anderson), the piece evokes a feeling and mood that is as hypnotic as it is effecting.

Disconsolate's staging and patterning were influenced by the ballet "La Bayadere, Act II: The Kingdom of the Shades". Disconsolate was Ballet Deviare's recognition of its ballet foundation, while simultaneously redefining its classical roots.

Ballet Deviare was founded in 2003 and is located in New York City. Unbound by restrictive standards of tradition, Ballet Deviare was created and founded by Laura Kowalewski (co-director and choreographer) and Andrew Carpenter (co-director) with the intention of broadening the scope of dance, while providing audiences with original choreographic works.

Source: youtube.com
Posted: 11.07.2011 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   Visited by: 44 users
11.07.2011 - 23:42
Darkside Momo
Retired
Really impressive stuff... From the music, to the dancing, and the filming too...
That's great!
Some nice work of art here.
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
12.07.2011 - 01:50
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Creative stuff. I always felt that funeral doom had a dancing feeling. That is stuff like Shape Of Despair or Until Death Overtakes Me.

Yeah, nice video, the quality of it was nice. Thumbs up from me as well.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
12.07.2011 - 11:06
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Amazing work. I've always associated Funeral Doom and Ballet with the word serene, no wonder they go so well together haha. Obviously, the choreographic work, camera angels and acting is great too
----
loves 小巫
13.07.2011 - 15:53
Abattoir

Quite Impressive indeed...would never thought about this kind of combination.

Hits total: 2317 | This month: 3