Metal Storm logo
Iced Earth - New Album Update

Iced Earth recently entered the studio to begin recording their new upcoming album, Dystopia, with producer Jim Morris. The album is tentatively scheduled for a late 2011 release through Century Media Records.

Iced Earth mainman Jon Schaffer issued the following update: "All is well here as we are pushing forward with master tracking the new album Dystopia. We have finished drums and rhythm guitars and are right on schedule.

I'll be heading to Europe tomorrow for a few festival dates and then right back to work in the studio on Monday. Jim Morris and I are having a great time, as usual, and are very much looking forward to starting vocal tracks with "Stucifer" next week!

Stu Block has contributed a lot to the vocal parts on this record, with co-writing credits on 10 out of 12 songs, and I'm very happy with our chemistry and what we've accomplished together so far. And we're just getting started."

Confirmed songtitles set to appear on Dystopia include: "Dystopia", "Anthem", "Days of Rage", "Soylent Green", "V", "Boiling Point", "Tragedy and Triumph", "Anguish of Youth" and "Iron Will".

As previously reported, Matt Barlow will retire from the band after the summer festival shows. Afterwards Into Eternity vocalist Stu Block will become the new lead singer for Iced Earth.

Source: icedearth.com
Band profile: Iced Earth
Posted: 13.07.2011 by Zmaj Ognjeni Vuk

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 9   Visited by: 162 users
13.07.2011 - 13:31
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Woah, Stu has co-writing credits on 10 songs! It seems like Jon is finally allowing someone else to make significant writing contributions to the band. As disappointed as I was with "Crucible Of Man", Im really looking forward to hearing how the new album sounds! xD
13.07.2011 - 14:31
Ag Fox
Angel No More
elite
Written by Angelic Storm on 13.07.2011 at 13:31

Woah, Stu has co-writing credits on 10 songs! It seems like Jon is finally allowing someone else to make significant writing contributions to the band. As disappointed as I was with "Crucible Of Man", Im really looking forward to hearing how the new album sounds! xD
The Cricible Of Man sounded tired, so I look forward to Stu breathing some fresh ideas into the mix :3
----
loves 小巫
13.07.2011 - 14:36
Behdaad
DEAD
One of the first metal bands I got into, so I love them a lot. But I didn't like the albums in which Matt Barlow didn't sing.
I just love his voice.
Anyway, looking forward to the album!
----
As tyranny becomes normality;
We hang at the end of the rope.
13.07.2011 - 14:39
BloodTears
ANA-thema
elite
Well, Stu wrote lyrics for Into Eternity. I'm sure the guys saw that in him.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
13.07.2011 - 15:05
Kriegsphilosoph
Account deleted
I just have to hear this. Stu is incredible.
13.07.2011 - 21:18
JÄY
Metal slave
Haha soilent green
14.07.2011 - 03:18
thewall30
Great news, I'm excited!
----
14.07.2011 - 20:48
DoomGuard
Iced Earth is my all-time favorite, and when they got a new vocalist i was like "oh cool lemme check this guy out"

I dread this new album
14.07.2011 - 22:24
BrightNight
Very curious how this will sound. I have high hopes of Stu, he is a great vocalist who can sing in different ways and styles. A powerfull voice....not nearly so deep and emotional as Matt Barlow. But then again, there is no one who can match his voice!

Anyhow, everything that comes from Jon Schaffer and co is worth checking out!
----
"So you children of the world, listen to what I say
If you want a better place to live in spread the words today
Show the world that love is still alive you must be brave
Or you children of today are Children of the Grave."

Hits total: 2696 | This month: 7