Metal Storm logo
Eluveitie - To Start Their Own Festival

Swiss Celtic folk metal act Eluveitie just announced the first edition of their very own festival, called Eluveitie & Friends. The festival takes place on December 30th at Volkshaus in Zürich, Switzerland.

The Eluveitie & Friends line-up look as follows: Eluveitie, Coroner, Korpiklaani, Excelsis, Blutmond and one more special guest to be announced.

Tickets are available at this location.

Comments the band: "After a long planning period we can finally announce the first edition of our very own festival for the end of this year: Eluveitie & Friends!

We will take this opportunity to introduce some well-know as well as newcomer bands that we have some kind of connection with and that of course we appreciate musically.

Blutmond will be joined by Anna Murphy on guest vocals, while Excelsis should be known to pretty much any Eluveitie fan in Switzerland by now. Münggu and his fellow warriors will surely put you in the right mood immediately! Following a special guest that will be announced at a later time, Korpiklaani will take the stage, and that those guys know how to rock the house we have seen ourselves plenty of times as we have shared a tourbus on many occasions during the past years.

We are however particularly proud to be able to present the thrash legends Coroner. After a break of 16 years the Swiss metal pioneers have reunited to show the metal community once more how it's done. Coroner guitarist Tommy Vetterli has also produced our latest album Everything Remains at his Newsound Studios and has since been considered a friend of ours.

Last but not least this will be our very last chance in 2011 to kick your asses, and really, what better way could there be to end the year?"

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Eluveitie
Event: Eluveitie & Friends
Posted: 13.07.2011 by Kriegsphilosoph

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 7   Visited by: 176 users
13.07.2011 - 15:30
MechanisT
Account deleted
Sounds like a very cool idea. Personally, I find their music overrated, but their live performances are stellar regardless, so this revelation should be well-received, I reckon.
13.07.2011 - 16:00
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Coroner fits there perfectly, they shood be ehadliners not Eluveitie ....
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
13.07.2011 - 16:16
Carl Berg
Carl Berg
Yarrrrr! I'm in baby!
13.07.2011 - 17:29
bluegreengod
Account deleted
One of the greatest bands on the planet...they deserve their own festival! Wish I could go.
13.07.2011 - 20:40
X5452
Account deleted
Great idea! Too far for me to drop by but I love the initiative!
13.07.2011 - 21:35
Joppe
Steelemeister
Coroner
----
My vision is augmented
14.07.2011 - 02:27
Yavanna

Why all of the great festivals are so far away from my place? why?
I can´t believe I will miss it.
----
Carry me to the shoreline
Bury me in the sand
Walk me across the water
And maybe you'll understand

Hits total: 3069 | This month: 7