Metal Storm logo
Korpiklaani

18.05.2006 - 01:53
__Az__
Korpiklaani are a brilliant and original folk metal band from Finland...
They have recently finished their new album, Tales Along This Road...

What does everyone think of thie album and the band?
18.05.2006 - 03:44
Deth
Account deleted
They were the first folk metal band I got into. I really like them, however they do get a bit boring after a bit. Haven't checked out their new album yet, still waiting for the US release (May 23rd).
18.05.2006 - 12:29
__Az__
Written by Guest on 18.05.2006 at 03:44

They were the first folk metal band I got into. I really like them, however they do get a bit boring after a bit. Haven't checked out their new album yet, still waiting for the US release (May 23rd).

Oh, unlucky... I had no idea they were to release in the US this late...
18.05.2006 - 13:29
Skepnad
Account deleted
I like Korpiklaani. I have the "Spirit Of The Forest"-album. Its a good album, but as said before, they get boring when you listen to them too much. So I listen to the one album I have from time to time, but I don´t need other albums from them.
18.05.2006 - 19:17
deathmor
Account deleted
I have their new album and with the bonus its about 46 min. I think it's too short. But I like it.
18.05.2006 - 20:04
Susan
Smeghead
Elite
I really enjoyed Spirit of the Forest, I'm excited to hear the new album and see if they've evolved or are serving up more of the same good stuff. They have a unique take on folk metal and I'm sure I'll enjoy whatever they do. Folk is really becoming one of my new favourite genres - probably since few of the bands (so far) are too "generic" or samey
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
18.05.2006 - 21:14
Samhain
Account deleted
One of my fav bands. Probably (maybe) the best folk metal band out there
18.05.2006 - 21:19
Alkhemyst
The new album Tales Along This Road is currently my favourite. They haven´t really changed much after Voice of Wilderness, which was an excellent album too. There is some development to see though. Jonne´s vocals sound much better and I like the increased use of Finnish language. There are also some new folk instruments which make them sometimes sound bit like Metsatöll (did Korpiklaani use torupill on their earlier albums ?). It´s indeed pretty short album but extremely entertaining. I can´t wait to see these songs played live.
----
Those words we have got
From the North´s furthest fields
From the heaths of Kalevala
18.05.2006 - 21:48
Almighty Ent
Dragon Reborn
I havent heard this new album yet but from what I have read so far it souds pretty good. I do though have to agree with a few of the posters saying that they get bored of the band quite easily.
18.05.2006 - 23:15
__Az__
Written by Alkhemyst on 18.05.2006 at 21:19

The new album Tales Along This Road is currently my favourite. They haven´t really changed much after Voice of Wilderness, which was an excellent album too. There is some development to see though. Jonne´s vocals sound much better and I like the increased use of Finnish language. There are also some new folk instruments which make them sometimes sound bit like Metsatöll (did Korpiklaani use torupill on their earlier albums ?). It´s indeed pretty short album but extremely entertaining. I can´t wait to see these songs played live.

Yeh, im looking forward to them live aswell... Thankfully they are appearing at Wacken OA.
18.05.2006 - 23:40
heresiarch
Forever Dead
Finland should've send Korpiklaani to the Eurovision song contest ehehehheehhhheeee
----
Heaven queen , carry me away from all pain

No reason to live for
One reason to die for

... To live for my death ...
19.05.2006 - 21:46
deathmor
Account deleted
Maybe next year
20.05.2006 - 14:34
Draklar
Account deleted
I have to say I got bored of them lately, but then it changed after listening to songs from Tales Along This Road. Still the same style, but somewhat refreashing anyway
20.05.2006 - 17:00
AncientOrigins
I got quite bored of them too lately, but their new album sounds interesting. Is it better than Voice of the Wilderness? I already liked that one, but it started to bore me.
----
http://myspace.com/shoresofsheol - My Black Metal band
20.05.2006 - 17:08
Darken
Account deleted
I really liked their Voices of Wilderness,but the last album just isn't for me. Although,yes I like the accordion sound,maybe because I play accordion myself. But all the songs are almost the same. On Voices of Wilderness were little exchange in every song.At least I think so .
After a little while listening to them it gets boring.
20.05.2006 - 17:31
AncientOrigins
Less variety than before? Oh well, looks like I won't check their new album out, since that was exactly the problem I had before.
----
http://myspace.com/shoresofsheol - My Black Metal band
20.05.2006 - 17:37
__Az__
Written by AncientOrigins on 20.05.2006 at 17:31

Less variety than before? Oh well, looks like I won't check their new album out, since that was exactly the problem I had before.

No, I reckon you should check it out... Its still top stuff...
21.05.2006 - 10:55
deathmor
Account deleted
It is quite good.
21.05.2006 - 11:50
Lily_Lazer
Outdated
Ah, Korpiklaani, I love them ^^ Also going to see them soon in Rabarock ^^
Their new release, Tales Along This Road, in my opinion isnt that good o.o I didnt notice any good song except "Happy Little Boozer". All stuff seems to be quite ... repetitive there... The best album so far is Spirit of The Forest.
----
-Lily
21.05.2006 - 18:20
__Az__
Written by Lily_Lazer on 21.05.2006 at 11:50

Ah, Korpiklaani, I love them ^^ Also going to see them soon in Rabarock ^^
Their new release, Tales Along This Road, in my opinion isnt that good o.o I didnt notice any good song except "Happy Little Boozer". All stuff seems to be quite ... repetitive there... The best album so far is Spirit of The Forest.

Yep, ill be seeing them soon too... in Germany for WOA... So many great bands there...
24.05.2006 - 03:48
Surtur
Korpiklaani is a very skillful band, but maybe the voices are not as good...
----
" And every angel needs a tear to laugh "
24.05.2006 - 04:17
__Az__
Written by Surtur on 24.05.2006 at 03:48

Woah! How can you say that??

I think Korpiklaani's vocals are brilliant... Really atmospheric and 'folk'like
24.05.2006 - 04:39
Surtur
Written by __Az__ on 24.05.2006 at 04:17

Written by Surtur on 24.05.2006 at 03:48

Woah! How can you say that??

I think Korpiklaani's vocals are brilliant... Really atmospheric and 'folk'like

Maybe atmospheric but it doesn't seem so folkish at least in my opinion...
----
" And every angel needs a tear to laugh "
24.05.2006 - 04:42
__Az__
Maybe not... But It does fit in well with the album... and the albums themes....
24.05.2006 - 14:15
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Finally manged to find some of their music yesterday. Quite funny lyrics on some of the tracks ("Beer, Beer and "Happy Little Boozer"). I like the vocals. Ads a nice atmosphere as mentioned above. The music is IMO a good mix of metal and folk, something that allways cheers me up listening to.
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
24.05.2006 - 15:11
__Az__
Yeh, the music is very cheerful... Which is good with many folk bands... Especially on songs like (Beer Beer)
24.05.2006 - 20:12
deathmor
Account deleted
What song is Beer Beer? Or do you mean Happy Little Boozer?
25.05.2006 - 12:46
__Az__
No... Beer Beer.... From the Voices Of Wilderness album...
26.05.2006 - 13:16
deathmor
Account deleted
That' s why I don't know this song. I haven't heard this album yet.
26.05.2006 - 13:25
Stigmatized
@deathmor- Voices of the Wilderness is awesome. Just like their other albums. Every one is a healthy dose of folk metal, some of the best in the genre, if I do say so myself.