Metal Storm logo
Korpiklaani

Original post

Posted by __Az__, 18.05.2006 - 01:53
Korpiklaani are a brilliant and original folk metal band from Finland...
They have recently finished their new album, Tales Along This Road...

What does everyone think of thie album and the band?
25.01.2011 - 17:32
Elodie Artour
Slania
I don't consider myself to be lucky in this case. I'd have rather debated with BitterCOld on that one instead of you, delinquent.

Listen to whatever the fuck you want, I'm not the one to judge you about your music taste. Just stop calling every single Korpiklaani fan a "teenage delinquent" and cut off the rest of that shit. This way, everything's gonna be perfectly fine. Got it?
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...
29.01.2011 - 04:15
RavenKing

Written by Guest on 29.01.2011 at 03:26

Written by Guest on 29.01.2010 at 04:48

Terrible music....beer metal for teenage delinquents

I find that offensive and very unintelligent

Surely not as unintelligent as Krapiklaani's garbage.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
29.01.2011 - 06:15
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Guest on 29.01.2010 at 04:48

Terrible music....beer metal for teenage delinquents

Believe me, the teenage delinquents where I live listen to far worse music than Korpiklaani. And they drink buckfast, not beer.
29.01.2011 - 10:10
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Written by Elodie Artour on 25.01.2011 at 17:32

I don't consider myself to be lucky in this case. I'd have rather debated with BitterCOld on that one instead of you, delinquent.

Listen to whatever the fuck you want, I'm not the one to judge you about your music taste. Just stop calling every single Korpiklaani fan a "teenage delinquent" and cut off the rest of that shit. This way, everything's gonna be perfectly fine. Got it?

lol That way everything is gonna be perfectly fine? I thought everything is fine....you do realize you commented on something I wrote over a year ago right? The sooner you get over it, the sooner everything will be fine.
30.01.2011 - 20:14
Vivi'

Hm. I saw them live and I was thinking the whole time: Are they seriously playing this? Seriously?
13.02.2011 - 05:09
wormdrink414

They put on fun shows, that's for sure. But I don't think I am alone in thinking that they've released the same album 5 times. If I am, I shouldn't be. Not necessarily a bad thing, but the ol Korpiklaani formula is in need of some tuning. They bore me.

Not a troll.
13.02.2011 - 06:00
Malevolent-Jim

Korpiklaani are not the kind of band to be taken seriously at all. They just make music for mug-swinging parties, which are ten times cooler than normal parties.

The things I don't like about them though only allow me to listen to the band in short bursts, such as the on average poor production and GOD.AWFUL guitar riffs in most of their songs which just sound pointlessly generic. But every now and then I can forget about those things and enjoy them for what they are : dumb, fun beer metal.
04.03.2011 - 11:42
Grum

I think Korpiklaani are great. Sure, they're silly and repeat themselves but they can still make a catchy tune, and if i'm in the mood it's fun listening.
Ukon Wacka was, for these guys, pretty solid. Better than Karkelo
04.03.2011 - 14:26
VPeter

I do start to wonder, do these guys still have fun doing the same stuff over and over again? Or do some members want to experiment more? I really miss their Shaman period. Would be awesome if they make more albums in that Shaman style.
09.03.2011 - 18:31
HugeTheConqeror

I dig the Shaman-era stuff as well, and I really would like to hear Jonne incorporate more yoik into the music like on the earlier albums. That said, I think Ukon Wacka is pretty good. Anyone else notice that the bass/bottom-end sound seems more prominent on this one?
----
Pardon me while I wreak my vengeance.
26.03.2011 - 04:56
Void_Eater
Account deleted
LIke most, if not all folk metal, its fun to listen to once in a while, but nothing worth frequently listening to. And yes, I am a teenage delinquent
30.03.2011 - 17:30
Elodie Artour
Slania
Written by VPeter on 04.03.2011 at 14:26

I do start to wonder, do these guys still have fun doing the same stuff over and over again? Or do some members want to experiment more? I really miss their Shaman period. Would be awesome if they make more albums in that Shaman style.

That is actually a pretty good question. They may have got tired of doing the same stuff but if that's what earns them money... Y'know how it's like. Else, I miss their Shaman era, too. Old Korpiklaani albums have a totally different spirit and also are way more decent.
----
07.04.2011 - 22:36
cecile00

Written by Grum on 04.03.2011 at 11:42

I think Korpiklaani are great. Sure, they're silly and repeat themselves but they can still make a catchy tune, and if i'm in the mood it's fun listening.
Ukon Wacka was, for these guys, pretty solid. Better than Karkelo

Totally agree
----
You lift my spirit, take me higher, make me fly,
Touch the moon up in the sky, when you are mine
You lift me higher, take my spirit, make it fly,
Where all new wonders will appear ..

Finland :)
14.04.2011 - 14:24
Lioncourt

Written by Elodie Artour on 30.03.2011 at 17:30

Written by VPeter on 04.03.2011 at 14:26

That is actually a pretty good question. They may have got tired of doing the same stuff but if that's what earns them money... Y'know how it's like. Else, I miss their Shaman era, too. Old Korpiklaani albums have a totally different spirit and also are way more decent.

Well they do have their side projects. If I remember correctly, Hittavainen was in a project similar to Shaman.
----

Think twice before you buy furr! http://www.strasbourgcurieux.com/fourrure/
14.04.2011 - 23:35
Elodie Artour
Slania
@Lioncourt: Hmm, haven't heard about that project before... Guess I should check it out. Thanks for the suggestion, man!
----
07.09.2013 - 13:01
Dinruth

Since BitterCold suggested it, I'm posting my video here in this thread .. so as previuosly mentioned, I am a sports teacher in Austria and I made a music video project with some of my kids from school using Korpiklaani songs.

Terrorizer Magazine also wrote a short article about it on their website
http://www.terrorizer.com/news/news-news/austrian-school-teacher-shows-students-joys-korpiklaani/

I'd love to hear some feedback