Metal Storm logo
Angra - New Song Available For Download

A brand new Angra sond entitled "The Course of Nature", from the band's forthcoming album, "Aurora Consurgens" [cover], is available for download here (ZIP file). The lyrics to the track can be found here.

According to the band's webpage, The first video clip out of Angra's new album "Aurora Consurgens" (to be release in October) was shot last week. The chosen track was "The Course Of Nature", which is also the first single. The video was filmed in São Paulo under the guidance of director Carina Zaratin. You can check this pic from the video shoot.

Source: angra.net
Band profile: Angra
Posted: 26.09.2006 by Døc

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 18   Visited by: 9 users
26.09.2006 - 21:59
Spyroid
Rosetta Stoned
:S it's very strange... and not Angra.
26.09.2006 - 22:42
marco

sounds kinda like Dream Theater to me :s
----
the proggy bubblefucker
26.09.2006 - 23:01
Talvi

Yeah. In the Temple of Shadows, they were half classic power metal, like always, and half experimentation / Brasilian Dream Theater. They did the later style on the new album.
----
My account on other musical pages:
http://www.last.fm/user/Pozito/
http://rateyourmusic.com/~Talvi
26.09.2006 - 23:07
Spyroid
Rosetta Stoned
Written by Talvi on 26.09.2006 at 23:01

Yeah. In the Temple of Shadows, they were half classic power metal, like always, and half experimentation / Brasilian Dream Theater. They did the later style on the new album.

That's right, and I don't know if I like it. The song is not particulary bad but it feels totally uninspired as if there was no joy in the songwriting, like in ALL other Angra songs.
26.09.2006 - 23:36
PyRaMaZe
Account deleted
I have listened to the new Angra album, but to me, it doesn't seem as good as previous albums. It could be I just haven't heard it enough, but usually I feel something when I first hear a song on an album. I hope I can somehow like it more,
27.09.2006 - 01:22
DreamStalker
Account deleted
The new album rules...
27.09.2006 - 02:22
Jonathan Tweet
Account deleted
interesting...doesn't sound like Angra, but I kinda like it anyway.
27.09.2006 - 03:54
Talvi

Yeah, it's not the same Angra as before ToS, but it's MUCH better. Better some fresh power than the same. I'm sick of the same power band over band. This album is not better than ToS, but it's still quite fresh, and good.
----
My account on other musical pages:
http://www.last.fm/user/Pozito/
http://rateyourmusic.com/~Talvi
27.09.2006 - 04:35
wes337

It's not really that great...
27.09.2006 - 07:42
Gelati
Account deleted
I like what i hear... nuff said. Refreshing change. Like ToS (phenominal album) with a slightly heavier taste to it. I like it.
27.09.2006 - 08:06
pajo
Account deleted
Amazing song and great album. Nothing more to say B-)
Angra rulez!
27.09.2006 - 09:55
Hyvaarin

Wow, really interesting song. Sound a bit too Dream Theater for my tastes, but I really respect what they're doing.

Fucking incredible solos, too.
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
27.09.2006 - 19:47
Baz Anderson

yes i am very glad they arent just doing what a load of other bands do and just stick to one formula that works and play that over and over and over
27.09.2006 - 20:06
Jeff
Freaky Admin
I agree with Bazz

But you know what ! (you'll be able to read it in the interview soon) they strongly believe that this album is a LOT more heavier than ToS and not so progressive...... (and I said it to Kiko and Edu, I strongly believe that it is the opposite...)

Well, you'll be welcome to say who is wrong here hehe
----
Come with us to Hellfest 2011!
27.09.2006 - 20:08
GT
Coffee!!
Wauw...this new track is good. Not like the old Angra, but very refreshing. I agree with Baz Anderson: nice to see someone trying something new instead of just sticking to what they use to play
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
29.09.2006 - 23:03
Pianoman
Account deleted
The song is very progressive and heavy... but I didn't like it a lot. I agree that is nice to see Angra trying something because in the first two albums they didn't bring fresh sound. I think that the single that they choose is the most innovating, maybe they just picked to show the sound of the whole album like shaaman did with their first single of Reason (same formula of this album: heavy). Talkin about the song I didn't like it so much because I don't like so much dream theater. The song is very progressive and heavy specially in the solo part.
30.09.2006 - 19:33
DLMokoma
Account deleted
Sounds alot like DT yes.. But in a good way. I like this song.
04.10.2006 - 23:11
Kanon
Account deleted
the songs is not the best for a First single, i think "The Voice Commanding You "is better . well i listened 9 tracks , and the album is a really amazing, a great work of angra, in fact the album is more heavy and progressive than before, but the speed songs still there, songs like a: "The Voice Commanding You", "Salvation : Suicide" and "Window To Nowhere", all are a really amazing songs and i think "The Voice Comanding You" is a really killer song and The Course of Nature is a great song ..

Hits total: 4806 | This month: 11