Metal Storm logo
That Metal Show

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 18.07.2011 - 21:48
Hey fellows, anyone heard of That Metal Show? It's a talk show, focusing about metal and hard rock in general, started in 2008. Some of the show's guests are; Dave Mustaine, Lemmy Kilmister, Zakk Wylde, Rob Halford, Tom Morello, Philip Anselmo, Slash, Kirk Hammett, Dio, Malmsteen, D.D. Verni, and many others. I just watched the episode with Vinnie Paul from Pantera, and I'm planning to watch more episodes.
16.11.2011 - 22:20
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by edgethrasherx on 16.11.2011 at 22:12

haha yes i haven't seen any one younger then me so far! glad to know im not the only middle schooler who enjoys metal!

Lay off the banger emotes. Save it for... some other "banging".

Also the Bulgarian education system is much more advanced (in a bad sense) and demanding than yours, so haha, I guess.

Nah, kidding.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
17.11.2011 - 19:58
metalheadpunk
Account deleted
Written by edgethrasherx on 17.10.2011 at 13:13

Not such a big fan, they don't focus on whats new in metal and bands that are rising. They talk about bans from the past, that have past their hay day. They also do not seem to focus on any extreme metal.

Now this is one of the reasons i like this show. They talk alot about 70's 80's and 90's metal, classic hard rock, thrash and even power and progressive. Not alot of the bands they talk about are even around anymore. Maybe they just like to remember and keep that stuff alive, which is good, in my opinnion. Now if you want new music just listen to the radio, and didnt Headbanger's Ball have alot of that nu metal shit anyways?
18.11.2011 - 00:11
Lit.
Account deleted
I like the humor enough to tolerate the whole "Talking about only the classic stuff." The interview with Sabastian Bach was hilarious.
I really think the show would be SOOO much better if they moved channels, instead of being on VH1 Classic. They even came out and said the reason they only feature classic bands is because they're on that channel. They wanna feature bands like Mastodon, Cannibal Corpse, ect.
18.11.2011 - 04:39
edgethrasherx
Written by Guest on 17.11.2011 at 19:58

Written by edgethrasherx on 17.10.2011 at 13:13

Not such a big fan, they don't focus on whats new in metal and bands that are rising. They talk about bans from the past, that have past their hay day. They also do not seem to focus on any extreme metal.

Now this is one of the reasons i like this show. They talk alot about 70's 80's and 90's metal, classic hard rock, thrash and even power and progressive. Not alot of the bands they talk about are even around anymore. Maybe they just like to remember and keep that stuff alive, which is good, in my opinnion. Now if you want new music just listen to the radio, and didnt Headbanger's Ball have alot of that nu metal shit anyways?

i didn't mean nu metal, i just meant bands that you know are putting out new strong ablums, children of bodom, evile, etc. they also don't talk about any death or blck metal, but i agree with your points also
----
"killing for religion. something i don't understand"-Dave Mustaine
18.11.2011 - 10:13
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by edgethrasherx on 18.11.2011 at 04:39

i just meant bands that you know are putting out new strong ablums, children of bodom, evile, etc.

And I thought I had faith in today's youth.

Looks like I'm all alone.
----
18.11.2011 - 10:14
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Written by vezzy on 18.11.2011 at 10:13
What the fuck did I just read?

Why did you quote that so I had to re-read it?!

beat you to your edit
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
18.11.2011 - 10:14
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Troy Killjoy on 18.11.2011 at 10:14

Why did you quote that so I had to re-read it?!

Damn you Troy, I edited my post by that time!
----
18.11.2011 - 10:16
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Written by vezzy on 18.11.2011 at 10:14
Damn you Troy, I edited my post by that time!

Too slow.

This show looks stupid by the way.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
18.11.2011 - 10:18
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Troy Killjoy on 18.11.2011 at 10:16
This show looks stupid by the way.

If metalheadpunk likes it, it most likely is.

Seriously though, I have lost faith in all youth. I'm the only rational guy below 14 here, it seems.

Who watches VH1 anyway?
----
18.11.2011 - 13:21
edgethrasherx

i just meant bands that you know are putting out new strong ablums, children of bodom, evile, etc.

i take it you don't like children of bodom our evile, or any new bands like warbringer, obscura?
----
"killing for religion. something i don't understand"-Dave Mustaine
19.11.2011 - 19:37
metalheadpunk
Account deleted

Shit man thats funny.
19.11.2011 - 21:38
Zombie94
I sometimes wonder if these guys even keep up to date with any bands post mid 90s or if they just listen to Slayer's Reign In Blood on repeat. A lot of the bands they feature aren't even metal, but hard rock or just shitty hair metal bands. The show itself is a cool idea but they need to get rid of these old-schoolers and bring in some presenters who want to talk about bands that aren't retired or with half the members dead.
20.11.2011 - 00:04
blacktooth85
I do like this show, but they do focus more on 70s hard rock (KISS, Van Halen, AC DC), and 80s hair metal more than straight forward metal. They acknowledged it on one of their shows saying it's VH1 "CLassics" so they talk more about older bands. That's fine, but lay off the hair bands.