Metal Storm logo
80s Thrash Metal

Original post

Posted by Mega-Slayer, 27.09.2006 - 04:39
This thread is dedicated to the 80's Thrash metal scene,primarily underdog groups.This thread isn't meant to decide who the greatest thrash group was or is. Just to talk about bands you are interested in,what albums you consider to be classics, and so forth.A very unnapreciated group with one of THE greatest thrash albums ever released is Dark Angel,"Darkness Descends" was an instant favorite when I heard the opening riff for the first song.One other group I really enjoy is from the late 80's,went by the name of Evildead,they were among the few that had originality in their music at the time,they weren't just another Thrash group.I have only heard their debut "Annihilation Of Civilization",but "Underworld" is also a classic from what i've heard.Viking,Sacred Reich, Whiplash,and Exciter also kick ass.
25.09.2007 - 09:52
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 25.09.2007 at 03:24

Hm . . . Anyone ever hear of Mad Butcher?

I hardly know anything of them, but I have their Metal Lightning Attack album, and well, I like it. >__>

But it is heavy metal, if IO remeber corect
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
25.09.2007 - 23:17
oncewasnot_duna
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 25.09.2007 at 09:52

I hardly know anything of them, but I have their Metal Lightning Attack album, and well, I like it. >__>

foijfi
I listened to them today, and you're right. =/ I was off, lol. I haven't heard anything else by them, if they have anything else. Blah, oh well . . .
17.10.2007 - 10:03
m3ta1he4d

Thrash metal has always been and will always be my favorite extreme heavy metal sub-genre. I love listening to old school and classic thrash metal albums. Early works of bands like Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, and Anthrax (dubbed as the Big Four of Thrash metal) is the reason why I'm into heavy metal music today, particularly thrash metal. Though these early well-known thrash pioneers released later albums, which to many fans considered them as sell-outs, I never hated them. I just tried to find a reason why they did all those sound which are more appealing to the mainstream audience. These has caused older fans to hate them, but new fans were also gained. But then I stayed true to the thrash metal. I never miss a day listening to this genre, may it be a well-known band. Favorite albums of mine are Metallica's Ride The Lightning, Master Of Puppets, and Kill 'Em All; Megadeth's Rust In Peace and United Abominations; Slayer's Reign In Blood, Hell Awaits, and Show No Mercy; Anthrax's Fistful Of Metal, Spreading The Disease, and Among The Living. Other favorite bands are the Big Three Teutonic bands - Sodom, Kreator, and Destruction. Early albums of these bands are outstanding. Brazil's Sepultura is on my top list of thrash metal bands. I love Schizophrenia, Arise, and Beneath The Remains (my favorite thrash metal album). I listen also to not-so-well-known thrash metal bands, and I appreciate their music. Vocal style - I'm more into death thrash metal style of vocals, like Max's vocals sound. Well, that's all. Hope I shared something, though I know most of you are already aware of these stuff. Thrash Metal forever...
17.10.2007 - 21:03
mankvill

I've only heard Slayer and Sodom, but it's fantastic. What I would give to be raised during the 80's thrash metal phase.
17.10.2007 - 22:05
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by mankvill on 17.10.2007 at 21:03

I've only heard Slayer and Sodom, but it's fantastic. What I would give to be raised during the 80's thrash metal phase.

Read all tread
----

apos;'
[image]
17.10.2007 - 22:05
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
@Stuff does this is not same like this http://www.metalstorm.ee/forum/topic.php?topic_id=2810
----

apos;'
[image]
19.10.2007 - 06:40
Ellie
Account deleted
I pulled out some Hexx today....definitely a blast from the past! I definitely think that although they have been one of the lesser influential 80s thrash bands..they are one of the best!
19.10.2007 - 06:41
Ellie
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 25.09.2007 at 23:17

Written by Bad English on 25.09.2007 at 09:52

foijfi
I listened to them today, and you're right. =/ I was off, lol. I haven't heard anything else by them, if they have anything else. Blah, oh well . . .

Mad Butcher is also a song by Destruction. I think it's a great thrash anthem
19.10.2007 - 07:25
selken
Irreligious
For the most underground, I chose Morbid Saint and Metalstorm (a band)
----
19.10.2007 - 09:31
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by selken on 19.10.2007 at 07:25

For the most underground, I chose Morbid Saint and Metalstorm (a band)

German metalstorm?
----

apos;'
[image]
19.10.2007 - 17:06
selken
Irreligious
YES!!! they had a very interesting sound, so old school.
----
19.10.2007 - 18:14
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by selken on 19.10.2007 at 17:06

YES!!! they had a very interesting sound, so old school.

I know them I post about em somehwere here dont remeber where an dwhne but I know band
----

apos;'
[image]
02.12.2007 - 19:56
Bow To Cheese!!!
Account deleted
A really good old school Death-Thrash band is Master, or at least I think their style is refered to as Death-Thrash, anyways I don't know what it is about their music but it's literally addicting to me lol, once i listen to one song I have to listen to 10 more .
Three interesting bands that I just got into are Hirax, Exumer and Defiance. A month and a half ago when I first heard them, all three of those really annoyed me for some reason, but now I think they're all awsome, especilly Defiance.
02.12.2007 - 20:06
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 02.12.2007 at 19:56

A really good old school Death-Thrash band is Master, or at least I think their style is refered to as Death-Thrash, anyways I don't know what it is about their music but it's literally addicting to me lol, once i listen to one song I have to listen to 10 more .
Three interesting bands that I just got into are Hirax, Exumer and Defiance. A month and a half ago when I first heard them, all three of those really annoyed me for some reason, but now I think they're all awsome, especilly Defiance.

I dont know band from 80ties who play thrash metal whit name Master
----

apos;'
[image]
02.12.2007 - 20:11
Bow To Cheese!!!
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 02.12.2007 at 20:06

Written by Guest on 02.12.2007 at 19:56

I dont know band from 80ties who play thrash metal whit name Master

Well here's the link to their wikipedia page >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Master_%28band%29 , and im sure i've seen threads about them on Metalstorm somewhere, maybe im wrong though. Wiki. says they're Death Metal but i've just researched them a bit more and they are definetly Death-Thrash.
02.12.2007 - 20:15
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Shit I know hem i thought you write Mastery I know them
----

apos;'
[image]
03.12.2007 - 21:15
Demonmayonnaise

Ive been listening to some thrash lately.. im really likin megadeth. The song Symptom of the Universe by Black Sabbath is the first thrash riff i think.. great fucking song...
03.12.2007 - 21:48
Varegan
Hamranakara
I begin listening to metal with thrash metal bands.but thrash metal music looks so restricted and commercial and cant feed my hunger for a deep music i listen to it just for fun as its just for fun
----
Written by muthafucka on 08.07.2010 at 06:46

"METAL STORM" (LIGHTING STRIKES)
03.12.2007 - 21:51
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Since when Black sabbath play thrsh metal
----

apos;'
[image]
03.12.2007 - 22:49
Smurfophagist

Black Sabbath, first thrash riff? I thought Metallica did that...
----
Having a signature is an absolute must.
03.12.2007 - 22:53
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Smurfophagist on 03.12.2007 at 22:49

Black Sabbath, first thrash riff? I thought Metallica did that...

OMG dont listen him its lies
----

apos;'
[image]
03.12.2007 - 23:34
Bow To Cheese!!!
Account deleted
Now that everyone's on the topic of the first thrash riff/song, was Black Sabbath's Symptom of the Universe really the first Thrash song? A lot of people seem to think so, it also says this on wikipedia but to me that song wasn't aggresive or loud enough to be Thrash, it's way closer to Speed Metal IMO.
03.12.2007 - 23:45
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 03.12.2007 at 23:34

Now that everyone's on the topic of the first thrash riff/song, was Black Sabbath's Symptom of the Universe really the first Thrash song? A lot of people seem to think so, it also says this on wikipedia but to me that song wasn't aggresive or loud enough to be Thrash, it's way closer to Speed Metal IMO.

OMG man we all know thrash and speed are cousins, or brothers, and man dont listen wikipedia and metal-archives ... its like saying candlemass are fathers of ancient doom
----

apos;'
[image]
04.12.2007 - 00:03
Bow To Cheese!!!
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 03.12.2007 at 23:45

Written by Guest on 03.12.2007 at 23:34

OMG man we all know thrash and speed are cousins, or brothers, and man dont listen wikipedia and metal-archives ... its like saying candlemass are fathers of ancient doom

That's true, I use wikipedia too much lol. There is a significant difference between Thrash and Speed Metal though, it's not as big as the difference between Death Metal and Nu-Metal but there's still a difference.
04.12.2007 - 20:28
Demonmayonnaise

That song may have not been the first thrash riff. but it damn well influenced thrash alot...
04.12.2007 - 21:12
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Demonmayonnaise on 04.12.2007 at 20:28

That song may have not been the first thrash riff. but it damn well influenced thrash alot...

Go read interwiews what influenced thrash, even Metallica
Diamond Head, Venom, Celitc Frost, Misfits , mercifull Fate(because Lars are danish)
----

apos;'
[image]
04.12.2007 - 21:15
Stalker
Lone wanderer
I dont know if I already post in this thread, but... 80ies huh...
Well, I would go with good old trusted bands like early Metallica, Megadeth, also, Testament, Destruction...yeah!! Total Destruction!!!
Also Slayer has some damn good solos, but i kinda never liked Slayer generaly.........
----
04.12.2007 - 21:17
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Stalker on 04.12.2007 at 21:15

Also Slayer has some damn good solos, but i kinda never liked Slayer generaly.........

Solos man Slayer has soem good song ist Seasons in Abyss oters are ok, if you are drunk, but i agree about dislike band generalyspecely after 1992, and kery King can play in some death core band nowdays
----

apos;'
[image]
04.12.2007 - 21:18
Demonmayonnaise

Written by Bad English on 04.12.2007 at 21:12

Diamond Head, Venom, Celitc Frost, Misfits , mercifull Fate(because Lars are danish)

And who influenced those bands... hmm... I wonder...
04.12.2007 - 21:20
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Demonmayonnaise on 04.12.2007 at 21:18

Written by Bad English on 04.12.2007 at 21:12

And who influenced those bands... hmm... I wonder...

Jimi Hendrix, Beatiles, Rolling Stones
----

apos;'
[image]