Metal Storm logo
Hellsaw - Enter The Studio

Austrian black metallers Hellsaw entered Munich's Dreamsound Studios last week to begin recording their fourth full-length album. Titled Trist, the album will be the follow up to 2009's Cold and is due for release on Napalm Records in early 2012.

Frontman and founder Aries commented about the direction Hellsaw will take with the album: "The German word "Trist" is difficult to define exactly but if you think of various connotations of solemnity and sadness you'd be thinking along the right lines. Cold was more about melancholy, Trist is darker; it's like the scent of fine whiskey and damp earth.

As a band, we always prepare thoroughly before going into the studio, but this time we've rehearsed even more in order to perfect the sound for each track. We've also sought to redefine the Hellsaw sound, without losing our identity. There needs to be a certain amount of experimentation with each new album in order to bring the sound up to date. Without giving too much away, with Trist we believe we have found the perfect symbiosis between the old and new elements. All the songs are strong, and it will definitely kick ass."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Hellsaw
Posted: 18.07.2011 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 3   Visited by: 10 users
22.07.2011 - 07:05
psykometal
A staff guy...
Well this is sounds interesting...never heard of these guys before seeing this bit of news. I'm gona have to check them out...
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

23.07.2011 - 19:35
RavenKing

Another album I need to keep my eyes on.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
13.04.2012 - 02:58
RavenKing

I got the album.
And damn this new one is awesome!
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end