Metal Storm logo
Megadeth - Announce Plans For Gigantour 2012

In a new video interview with Kevin and Ian of Metal Shop (Seattle's KISW 99.9 FM), Megadeth leader Dave Mustaine confirms the return of Gigantour, his traveling metal festival, "next year".

Dave Mustaine comments: "We just started booking that last week. We've got three of the four bands booked and confirmed, but we're gonna wait until the whole package is set before we say it. But I'm pretty excited about that. I always thought the Gigantour is a really cool vibe, because it's about the guitar playing. Now, these bands that are gonna be part of Gigantour (next) year aren't shredding bands by any means, but I think they're cool just the same. There's really not a lot of great bands left to go out and tour (with) that are guitar playing bands. Most people got afraid of doing guitar solos ? probably because they couldn't."

You can watch the full interview over here.

Source: bravewords.com
Band profile: Megadeth
Posted: 22.07.2011 by Panzerchrist

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 7   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 238 users
22.07.2011 - 13:40
JÄY
Metal slave
.....that was weird
22.07.2011 - 14:28
Kingface

Megadave doesn't half talk some bollocks sometimes.

"There's really not a lot of great bands left to go out and tour (with) that are guitar playing bands. Most people got afraid of doing guitar solos ? probably because they couldn't."

I read this as "all the bands that we could realistically get for this tour that are marketable enough aren't the type of bands that shred, so we took our "pick of the litter" so to speak".

They are countless great bands who shred and do great Guitar Solos, so he either isn't looking hard enough, he won't pick any bands that he thinks won't sell the tour well, or as I suggested in the first place, he's just talking bollocks.

Anyhoo, they haven't done any UK shows away from festivals in what feels like forever, so a few UK shows as part of this tour would be nice.
22.07.2011 - 14:32
moe5512

Sooo Dave is angry at other guitarists nowadays... He really should go to an anger management class
22.07.2011 - 16:28
BrutalN00dle

Dave Mustaine needs to stop doing interviews. All he does is make an ass of himself.
22.07.2011 - 20:28
Void Eater
Account deleted
You could always recruit some thrash resurgance bands Dave. They're all heavy on guitar solo's. Evile, Warbringer, Havok, Fog of War, Vektor, and Megadeth? Hell yeah. Maybe they could get the Anthrax+Exodus+Testmant tour to become a part of this? That would be a killer fesival.
22.07.2011 - 23:00
Lonniehaskel

Megadeth, Evile, and Havok would be amazing.
02.10.2011 - 04:05
velojoe

Hmmm..most guitar bands afraid to leads?...his born again god can keep lemmy"s bass from spanking mustain's ass...ill be there to witness and curse dave's beaten bum.

Hits total: 7964 | This month: 4