Metal Storm logo
Best Song Off Of Enslaved's Axioma Ethica Odini

Poll

Which is the best song off the best album of 2010?

Ethica Odini
Lightening
Raidho
The Beacon
Giants
Singular
Waruun
Axioma
Night Sight

Total votes: 28
25.07.2011 - 07:43
Pyramid God
What an amazing album, and all songs are great, but Raidho has always floated my boat the best.
25.07.2011 - 13:42
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Cant choose, all are seme level good bad depends if you like or not like album
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
25.07.2011 - 14:08
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Lightening, fo shizzle.
25.07.2011 - 20:11
MechanisT
Account deleted
Ethica Odini for me. Sounds so..."evil", and angrier than most songs by Enslaved.
25.07.2011 - 20:55
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
admin
I'd have to go with the opener as well. it manages to encapsulate everything i liked about the band's past discography... from harsh, powerful vocals to crushing riffs, to proggish break downs, mellow bits with the clean vocals, and finally an outro solo/passage reminiscent of my favorite prior Enslaved song, "As Fire Swept Clean The Earth."
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
27.07.2011 - 23:02
IronAngel
I'm a follower. I voted Ethica Odini too. It has everything BitterCOld mentioned, and I especially love the opening riff. It's just amazing. So simple, so powerful. An album couldn't ask for a better start.

Lightening is another highlight, and a close runner-up. Considering the fact that everything inbetween is also top-notch, the album is pretty damn tight.
27.07.2011 - 23:13
Darkside Momo
Retired
elite
Same here, "Ethica Odini" for me (for all the reasons above - man, this riff), with "Lightening" being a close second
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
19.08.2011 - 18:23
Fenrisborg
Account deleted
It's a tough choice, but I think I'd go with Lightening, with Giants and Singular coming in at second and third place. I just love the psychedelic riff and the great chorus.
19.08.2011 - 19:33
@gent_-_orange
The Best song is the opener in my opinion.. Its a great song but what really sealed the deal was when Grutle starts singing the line "Hold on, don't fade away".... always gives me shivers... This album overall is Quality and could very well be the best they have recorded.
20.01.2013 - 02:17
king_matt
Written by @gent_-_orange on 19.08.2011 at 19:33

The Best song is the opener in my opinion.. Its a great song but what really sealed the deal was when Grutle starts singing the line "Hold on, don't fade away".... always gives me shivers... This album overall is Quality and could very well be the best they have recorded.

I agree. Singular deserves more attention IMO, as it's probably my second favorite on the album.
----
http://www.last.fm/user/King_Matt
19.05.2013 - 15:15
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
I voted for "Singular" and was surprised it was the only vote thus far.
----
The sun shines over The Fool...