Metal Storm logo
Favorite Judas Priest album with Rob Halford

Poll

What is your favorite Judas Priest album with Halford on vocals?

Painkiller
Sad Wings of Destiny
Screaming For Vengeance
British Steel
Defenders of the Faith
Stained Class
Sin After Sin
Killing Machine / Hell Bent For Leather
Other

Total votes: 164
27.07.2011 - 05:14
king_matt

What is your favorite Priest studio album with Rob Halford on vocals? And I added an Other option because there are only 9 spots for answers. I tried to include the albums most people like as a single option.

Mine would have to be Sad Wings of Destiny; it's the perfect mix of soft and heavy. And it's got (imo) the greatest metal song of all time: Victim of Changes.

Enough of my silly opinion; I want to hear yours!
----
http://www.last.fm/user/King_Matt
27.07.2011 - 05:18
Baz Anderson

Judas Priest, however much I love them, have always been one of them bands that I just can't pick one favourite. That isn't because they're all perfect, but they all have at least one or two songs that I'm not too keen on or whatever...

I guess "Defenders Of The Faith" is probably my one closest to being my "favourite"... "Screaming For Vengeance" and "Painkiller" are up there too though.
27.07.2011 - 05:18
Void Eater
Account deleted
Victims of Changes is overrated. I mean, it's a solid tune, and highly influential, but the riffing is nothing spectacular.

My vote goes for what is likely to win, Painkiller of course. Pure thrashing speed metal from front to back(well, there's Touch of Evil, but that's still good), Halford's most insane vocal performance, K.K and Glen's best solo's on Between the Hammer and the Anvil, the title track, and All Guns Blazing, Scott Travis beating the crap out of his drums, and uhh... Ian Hill is there. Can't hear him though
27.07.2011 - 05:32
ToMegaTherion

I think this could be a bit of a pointless exercise. Not that there aren't other good albums, but Painkiller is fairly obviously the pinacle of their career in many peoples eyes. I think I may be justified in say this already with 4/6 so far going towards Painkiller, including mine.
27.07.2011 - 05:39
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Stained Class. Best Priest album, and one of my favorite metal albums of all time. I personally think it's a bit underrated, and am surprised to see it low in the poll. I don't think any of their other albums have such epic, streamlined songwriting, and I think Halford's voice is at its best on it. Also, I consider SC to be one of the early albums in the development of speed metal (Exciter and White Heat, Red Hot are good examples of this).
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
27.07.2011 - 05:49
king_matt

Written by Auntie Sahar on 27.07.2011 at 05:39

Stained Class. Best Priest album, and one of my favorite metal albums of all time. I personally think it's a bit underrated, and am surprised to see it low in the poll. I don't think any of their other albums have such epic, streamlined songwriting, and I think Halford's voice is at its best on it. Also, I consider SC to be one of the early albums in the development of speed metal (Exciter and White Heat, Red Hot are good examples of this).

I agree, that's my second favorite.
----
27.07.2011 - 06:09
Jirpo

Painkiller!
27.07.2011 - 08:27
Xim
Rocker of Worlds
Painkiller, just an awesome album. Killing Machine would be my second favourite and then Ram It Down, which IMO is their most under-rated album.
27.07.2011 - 08:49
MickeyDeez79

I voted Screaming for Vengeance because that is the only Judas Priest album I have in it's entirety (go ahead and call me a poser). But I have yet to get some other Judas Priest albums in their entirety.
27.07.2011 - 09:10
Void Eater
Account deleted
Written by MickeyDeez79 on 27.07.2011 at 08:49

I voted Screaming for Vengeance because that is the only Judas Priest album I have in it's entirety (go ahead and call me a poser).:-[ But I have yet to get some other Judas Priest albums in their entirety.

Poser
27.07.2011 - 09:58
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
What if you combined Painkiller and Sad Wings Of Destiny? Best album ever?
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
27.07.2011 - 10:04
ErnilEnNaur
Account deleted
Screw painkiller, I'll take Sad Wings Of Destiny over that screeching anytime. Better vocals, better riffs, much cooler artwork.
27.07.2011 - 11:22
Inshushinak

Painkiller album have all the element of the Metal strong and fast drums beat , fast and rhythmic guitars riff plus brain drilling vocal , i can just say : Painkiller=Metal Metal=Painkiller
27.07.2011 - 14:15
Kingface

Painkiller, with Defenders of the Faith and Screaming for Vengeance being a very close second and third.
27.07.2011 - 14:54
Milena
gloom cookie
Voted for Painkiller just like everyone else saw them live, and the Painkiller tunes rocked the hardest.
----
7.0 means the album is good
27.07.2011 - 17:13
truenoacero

Painkiller is great, but other albums like Hell Bent For Leather, British Steel and Ram It Down are also really god
27.07.2011 - 17:25
SlaytanicGonzo

For the 70's Priest: Stained Class
For the 80's Priest: Defenders Of The Faith
For the 90's Priest and my overall favourite: Painkiller
27.07.2011 - 18:10
Berserker
Account deleted
No one likes turbo? lol
28.07.2011 - 21:04
SoshianT

Just "Painkiller" is the best album
29.07.2011 - 00:58
Marcelo Hissa

British Steel...
I cant remeber any heavy metal albuns that starts as good as:
Rapid Fire, Metal Gods, Breaking The Law, Grinder
----
As the wind carried the deadly seed
to the minds of the doomed
they were gone for the stage of hell

30.07.2011 - 00:20
Pennywise213
Account deleted
Their best period was the 70s, so Sad Wings of Destiny, but their ultimate album is Painkiller, the 80s were bad, even it created Screaming for Vegeance and Defender of Fate.

1. Painkiller - no explanation need.
2. Defender of Faith - catchy in a good way
3. Sad Wings of Destiny - First real metal album
4. Screaming for Vegeance - catchy in a good way II
5. Stained Class - some real classics
01.08.2011 - 21:36
Powerslavex
Alexskywalker
This is the fucking pain killer killa killa killa man this he was a god on this album
02.08.2011 - 22:56
Hellish Star

Screaming For Vengeance
----
www.myspace.com/hellishstar

Metal To Infiity Webzine: http://users.telenet.be/metaltoinfinity/MTIindex.htm
04.08.2011 - 06:34
Mattybu

Sin After Sin for me. With the thread being Halford's albums in mind, his vocals were fucking killer on that album, and the whole Judas Priest sound was just hitting you in full force on some tracks (namely on the classic and one of my favourites, Dissident Aggressor).
04.08.2011 - 08:06
king_matt

I wonder who voted for Other and for what?
----
11.08.2011 - 00:34
NamwobYnda
Account deleted
Stained Class. Halford's vocals on it were just amazing and it represented the band at their peak, songwriting-wise. Plus, it was a pretty dark and heavy album for the time it was released.
11.08.2011 - 00:35
NamwobYnda
Account deleted
Stained Class. Halford's vocals on it were just amazing and it represented the band at their peak, songwriting-wise. Plus, it was a pretty dark and heavy album for the time it was released.
11.08.2011 - 19:54
Steelreaper

They have a lot of great albums but Painkiller is superior.
----
"I see the world's bones, I see the world dead" Max Cavalera
23.08.2011 - 15:47
HoleInTheSky1985

Sad Wings for me, followed by Painkiller and British Steel, I love all of their albums though, and this was a tough decision! Sad Wings was the first Priest album I bought after British Steel, I was sold on the Album Cover.
26.08.2011 - 07:12
Glaucus

Written by Marcelo Hissa on 29.07.2011 at 00:58

British Steel...
I cant remeber any heavy metal albuns that starts as good as:
Rapid Fire, Metal Gods, Breaking The Law, Grinder

I was so torn between this and Painkiller, but, in the end, I sided with Painkiller as the best Judas Priest album.

Even with the masterful musicianship, I believe Painkiller encompasses a really intense concept that lacks in the other albums.

Overall, honestly, it's Judas Priest's brand of Metal at it's most raw.
----
"Pretty easy work, for a God." - Freya ~ Valkyrie Profile