Metal Storm logo
Favorite Judas Priest album with Rob Halford

Original post

Posted by king_matt, 27.07.2011 - 05:14
What is your favorite Priest studio album with Rob Halford on vocals? And I added an Other option because there are only 9 spots for answers. I tried to include the albums most people like as a single option.

Mine would have to be Sad Wings of Destiny; it's the perfect mix of soft and heavy. And it's got (imo) the greatest metal song of all time: Victim of Changes.

Enough of my silly opinion; I want to hear yours!

Poll

What is your favorite Judas Priest album with Halford on vocals?

Painkiller
Sad Wings of Destiny
Screaming For Vengeance
British Steel
Defenders of the Faith
Stained Class
Sin After Sin
Killing Machine / Hell Bent For Leather
Other

Total votes: 164
06.09.2011 - 02:12
SatyriconChick

I'm sure I'll be in the minority here, but I voted "Other." Can't help it, but Turbo has always been my favorite Priest album.
06.09.2011 - 05:27
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by SatyriconChick on 06.09.2011 at 02:12

I'm sure I'll be in the minority here, but I voted "Other." Can't help it, but Turbo has always been my favorite Priest album.

It definitely isn't my favourite, due to the prescence of 2 or 3 fillers. But I do love a lot of songs on that album. It is very different for the band, and it's Priest at their most commercial, but songs like "Out In The Cold", "Locked In", and "Hot For Love" are awesome regardless! \m/

My choice is Sad Wings... it just has a magical, otherworldly quality that makes it sound like more than a mere album. And it is... xD
06.09.2011 - 18:20
Warman
Erotic Stains
There's no competition if you ask me. Painkiller, always. I consider it to be maybe the best heavy metal album ever and without a doubt the heaviest. It's almost flawless. Nowadays I regret that I started listening to it "later". I remember when me and my friends first got into metal, 11 years old. We liked the intro of the title song but didn't care to listen any further when Halford started to sing. We thought his high vocals was "gay and let's stop the song and listen to some Maiden instead!".

Fools.
----
06.09.2011 - 21:14
Azarath
Free as a.. Fish
Sad Wings of Destiny is the greatest thing Priest ever did.

Priest top3:
1. Sad Wings of Destiny
2. Sin After Sin
3. Stained Class
19.02.2012 - 00:18
DraconionDevil

Sad Wings of Destiny for me too. I would probably go as far as saying that it's the best album of all time. I can't think of a single flaw that album has, all of the tracks flow seemlessly together and they are all memorable.
14.08.2012 - 08:35
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
Sad Wings for me, Dreamer Deceiver is definitely my all-time favorite song by the band. Rob is able to demonstrate both his lower, baritone-like vocals and some extremely high notes. I also love the soft instrumentation and the passionate, climatic solo, as well as how it transitions into Deceiver (another cool song).
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
17.08.2012 - 15:21
Guib
Thrash Talker
Its Sad Wings for me, Idk I prefer the sound
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
17.08.2012 - 21:38
Stabby
Account deleted
Painkiller. Angel Of Retribution is second, Sad Wings of Destiny is third. AOR was one that I enjoyed when I was just getting into Priest the year it came out, so I have a bit of a history with it. I'm like that, current albums become my favorites if they're up to par because I can relate to them. Painkiller still wins, though.
18.08.2012 - 22:34
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
There were times when i would prefer "British Steel", but over the time i develop an addiction to "Painkiller" as many of you here
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

19.08.2012 - 01:37
Zombie94

Painkiller. Halford's vocals on the title track are truly incredible, never seen him match it live. Lots of other great tracks like Nightcrawler and One Shot At Glory. Screaming For Vengeance is a close second though.
23.08.2012 - 06:31
Sentinel65

Really difficult decision but went with Screaming For Vengeance. So filled with mainstream classics, while still appealing to metalheads, one of their first albums I listened to. Just a great album altogether.
23.08.2012 - 13:09
Warman
Erotic Stains
It just hit me that the topic only covers the Halford albums. Why? Topic creator being afraid of "Jugulator" and "Demolition" getting more votes than "Painkiller" or "Sad Wings"?
----
23.08.2012 - 21:46
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Sentinel65 on 23.08.2012 at 06:31

Really difficult decision but went with Screaming For Vengeance. So filled with mainstream classics, while still appealing to metalheads, one of their first albums I listened to. Just a great album altogether.

Yep, "Screaming For Vengeance" is a strange album in that whilst it does have a commercial vibe to it, it's also generally faster, meaner, and more aggressive than it's predecessor. Unlike "Turbo", there is enough grit and aggression in this album to not turn some fans away from it, in the way that "Turbo" did. It's hard to sound mainstream whilst also retaining some of the edge and rawness of non-mainstream metal, but with this album that is exactly what they managed to do. Whilst Screaming isn't my fave Priest album, it is one of them, and is rightfully regarded as a metal classic.
24.08.2012 - 13:04
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
I voted for Sad Wings of Destiny. That album is timeless for me and Halford's vocal performance is exceptional.
----
The sun shines over The Fool...
25.08.2012 - 10:06
fatman88
Account deleted
Surprised by the results, I thought Painkiller and British Steel would be neck and neck but for me it's Painkiller, it's priest's most defining "metal" album. Scott Travis' drums on that album are brilliant
04.10.2012 - 01:31
Citizen inSane

Painkiller. Are the some other Judas Priest albums...? 'Sentinel' from Defenders as a song is the only thing that kicks ass on the same level as Painkiller when it comes to Priest
20.09.2017 - 03:59
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Hard chose, I don't like Owens albums, even classic 70's are OK, I still say Painkiller
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
06.11.2017 - 03:19
Drippy.Hippie

My all time favourite Judas Priest records are a tie between 'Sin After Sin' and 'Screaming For Vengeance'. I went with Vengeance.

The two Tim Owens records, well, he's an excellent vocalist........but I just feel like the chemistry isn't there on his Priest records. They contained a couple good songs, but it's as if they were trying too hard to sound like Pantera. After all, that period was during the old band members' mid-life crisis (as was the '90's for all baby-boomers world wide) Even Glenn Danzig suffered from the mid-life crisis, with his fucking electro-goth records, haha.
----
What is the difference between the man who fools you from the pulpit, and the other man who fools you from the platform?
Both of them seek to obtain power over you - To rule your mind, control your property interests or labor power.
25.01.2018 - 17:43
Dungeon Shaker

Defenders of the Faith followed oh so closely by Sad Wings.

Say what you will about The Ripper era, but Cathedral Spires is a monster of a song.
----
www.thunderousvoices.com
26.02.2018 - 03:29
Bengan

Painkiller!

Also really hoping Firepower will be a good one
26.02.2018 - 04:34
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Easily Sad Wings.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

23.03.2018 - 19:36
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
If I could change my vote, I'd probably go with Defenders of the Faith now after some more listens.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).