USA, St. Louis, MO - Vital Remains

Bands

Who was there?

Aralim4311 100%

Comments

Comments: 3   Visited by: 6 users
28.07.2011 - 10:38
Aralim4311

The night was amazing. Fubar for being such a small club has a wonderful atmosphere and incredible sound. Normally Fubar is a Non- Smoking Venue but as this was an 18+ show, they bent the rules and allowed us to sit back and smoke to the music. Wretched and Diabolic were very brutal. There sound is fairly typical of the Genre but of a higher quality and caliber than you would normally suspect.
Mirrorscape was a complete breath of fresh air. You never expect Local musicians to have as unique and professional sound as they did. Following in the Vein of bands such as Epica, Therion, and Kamelot. They were incredible.
We had a surprise band in store for us as Mobile Death Camp showed up and they rocked house. Amazing song structure and energy within their performance but what can you expect from former members of Gwar? Vital Remains the headlining band was truly mesmeric in performance, and truly rocked in only the way seasoned veterans such as them selves can.
28.07.2011 - 15:15
Promonex
Cathemeral
Written by Aralim4311 on 28.07.2011 at 10:38

Mirrorscape was a complete breath of fresh air. You never expect Local musicians to have as unique and professional sound as they did. Following in the Vein of bands such as Epica, Therion, and Kamelot. They were incredible.

Considering the rest of the lineup, I would've guessed they woulda been booed off.

On the other hand, I can understand why a breath of fresh air is more than welcome in a smokers' venue.
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
29.07.2011 - 09:23
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Promonex on 28.07.2011 at 15:15

On the other hand, I can understand why a breath of fresh air is more than welcome in a smokers' venue.

Oh man, the smoking ban is still "young" here, so you can imagine how "cloudy" indoor venues are sometimes. It's one of the reasons I mostly prefer open-air shows (that and when it comes to really epic or brutal bands, it makes it all the more majestic)

Hits total: 951 | This month: 5