Metal Storm logo
Bands that SERIOUSLY shouldn't tour with each other

Original post

Posted by -Valhalla-, 28.09.2006 - 01:57
Ever go to a concert, and some band you really hate opens them? What were they thinking?!

- Iron Maiden and Bullet For My Valentine. (2006)

Seriously, Trendy metalcore kids don't mix the salty old NWOBHM crowd, that's an assbeating waiting to happen.

- Metallica, Mudvayne, Deftones, Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit (yes, Limp Bizkit) (2003)

Proof positive metallica sold out.

-Dragonforce at Ozzfest (2006)

They seriously don't fit in with Black Label Society, Strapping Young Lad, and System of a Down.

Any to contribute?
27.01.2007 - 07:23
Arrwyn
Written by APOHAKC on 26.01.2007 at 18:22

Written by Arrwyn on 26.01.2007 at 17:08

Blind Guardian and Leaves' Eyes. Man, Leaves' Eyes hated Blind Guardian (and Blind Guardian took up all the airplane space too which forced Leaves' Eyes to use a smaller and electric drumset). But, the main problem with this is that the power metal kids were fighting with the gothic metal kids. And, most people who like power metal don't like gothic metal ESPECIALLY when they do growls and, of course, that's what Alexander Krull did which made the power metal fans pissed. So, you go there to see Leaves' Eyes and the little power metal kids ruin it because they're all like "Blind Guardian NOW!".

Sad...so, sad.

That is exactly what I ment, I hate Therion but I want to be in the first line for Grave Digger, I can applaude after the song but I will not sing, headbang... while Therion is playin, it is dissapointment for band to see.

Ugh, people need to be more respectful now a days. When I go to concerts, I put myself in other people's shoes. I ask myself "How would I feel if someone was trying to ruin it for me?" When Blind Guardian came on, I didn't do anything but walk away.
27.01.2007 - 13:33
APOHAKC
The Bard
Written by Arrwyn on 27.01.2007 at 07:23

Ugh, people need to be more respectful now a days. When I go to concerts, I put myself in other people's shoes. I ask myself "How would I feel if someone was trying to ruin it for me?" When Blind Guardian came
on, I didn't do anything but walk away.

Ah, you caould at least walk away, I am going to Grave Digger with two die hard fans ofTherion so I must stey with them until the end, because they are younger and I am rsponsible if anything happen to them, but they are still young and in few years they will lissten Grave Digger
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
27.01.2007 - 14:52
darksun
After last ozzfest Black label society/Black Sabbath/Iron Maiden.The greatest metal area massacre looks ossible.;D
----
Dark is the sunlight,we cast the life together
Dark is the sunlight or I'm blind forever..
27.01.2007 - 15:35
Pierre Tombale
Elite
Written by Guest on 27.01.2007 at 00:24

@Iron Markus: you've got me wrong dude. What I meant is that if u don't know the band go and listen to them in the concert maybe you'll like them, if you don't like them that's it. If you only want to see you favorite from those bands just go see them and stay out, but stop bitching that X band shouldn't be there. It's your choice what you like, but maybe those are good bands for other people. What I don't understand is why you are pissed of on Trivium when u actually payed for Maiden. If you would have payed like me last night for Napalm Death & left after 4 songs because it sucked than I would have agreed with you.

I I actually had a choice to see Maiden with another band no problem. I've ssen Maiden on tour with Megadeth (great), Maiden on tour with Halford (greatest concert ever). So if you leave me the choice to see Maiden for 60 Euros with a band of the same quality or the same genre. Ok. But is a well known fact that not everyone is liking every subgenre of metal.
So if they come along with some metalcore band I must ask why?
There are enough festivals for such bands to be presented. You might find this attitude too strong, but I don't go watch a festival for obvious mixes of bands/styles. There are enough ways to get to know a band that you didn't know before, like magazines, stores, websites I don't think I need to tell you.
Of course it is a chance for the bands to play in front of bigger audiences, but as I've seen it with In Flames opening for Judas Priest, that was not only a disppointment for the Priest fans, but it must have been a big disppointment for In Flames too. The crowd they played in front of was comparatively small. Maybe 5% of those who stayed to watch them liked their stuff.
Maybe an interesting fact for you. The venue where I watched Maiden (Dortmund) was packed with Trivium fans. So it worked out for them. In Flames and Priest in Essen were the opposite.
Additionally the concert tickets Maiden-Trivium were sold in march for a concert in december. I got my ticket early april and then saw Trivium mentioned for the first time on the ticket. Way to go to inform myself on Trivium. I watched a video on a metal hammer dvd. Listened to their 4 songs on myspace and I knew I would be disappointed by this band. Bad luck for me good luck for all who like Trivium and Iron Maiden
27.01.2007 - 16:01
borninblood
Account deleted
I went to see Cathedral one time and they were a support act, to... HIM

I didn't stay long after the Cathedral set
27.01.2007 - 18:02
Arrwyn
Written by APOHAKC on 27.01.2007 at 13:33

Written by Arrwyn on 27.01.2007 at 07:23

Ugh, people need to be more respectful now a days. When I go to concerts, I put myself in other people's shoes. I ask myself "How would I feel if someone was trying to ruin it for me?" When Blind Guardian came
on, I didn't do anything but walk away.

Ah, you caould at least walk away, I am going to Grave Digger with two die hard fans ofTherion so I must stey with them until the end, because they are younger and I am rsponsible if anything happen to them, but they are still young and in few years they will lissten Grave Digger

Haha, yeah.
01.02.2007 - 01:11
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Not that its nesisarily bad, but Danzig touring with Belphegor, honestly id expect Belphegor to go on tour with like....1349 or Gorgoroth, and Danzig with someone like Wednesday 13. those two bands just dont fit for me.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
03.02.2007 - 21:47
Dan066
Account deleted
I think that having Dragonforce on Ozzfest makes more sense then having Avenged Sevenfold. I seriously can not stand those guys, or their retarded nicknames. But I guess having Dragonforce in that lineup is a little odd, but who cares, Ozzfest 06' didn't have such a great lineup anyway.
03.02.2007 - 22:05
Basso
Account deleted
Gorgoroth and Abba would be kinda silly I suppose.
03.02.2007 - 22:39
Samuel
Hamster wheel
I didnt read the whole thread so hopefully someone didnt already say this but

Megadeth,
Symphony X,
Bobaflex,
Life of Agony,
Nevermore,
Fear Factory,
Dream Theater
Dry kill logic
Megadeth, Dream Theater and Symphony X kick ass... But i even thought they were out of place with megadeth

then Life of of Agony Fear Factory and Dry kill logic just sucked total ass.

Nevermore probably fit in the best

And bobaflex was such a joke... but i actually kind of like them a little.
18.02.2007 - 20:00
Danny Thomas
i didn't think pairing a softer gothic band like lacuna coil, with an extremelly high tempo dragonforce was a good idea.
----
Our children are dead. Burnt in the ruins that were left by war.
18.02.2007 - 22:38
Metallica with any other band, why ruin a good show with the likes of Metallica showing up?
21.02.2007 - 20:38
Almar
Account deleted
Horde and say...any real black metal band...Gorgoroth...man that would be a carnage.
22.02.2007 - 12:59
Black Mass
A few years ago Tool toured Australia and their support were the Cosmic Psycho's.
I have no words to explain how bad they were
23.02.2007 - 14:47
iaberis
Advice Troll
After personal experience in the last month... I think Evergrey shouldn't tour with a "band" called Stonegard. The music is not similar at all and Stonegard really got my nerves pissed off with their poserness and stupid sound. Fuck off losers! Stay out of metal and bare Evergreys' fans from having to listen to you!
You'll read the whole stuff, when my concert review will be eventually proofread...
----
Bitch! Please
27.02.2007 - 00:31
Black Serpent
Account deleted
Well, let's take Dark Funeral and HIM together^^

(Satanic) Black Metal (about some little hate and dislike^^)

VS

Love Metal (About some love and fluffy things^^)

Result

I don't think that would be a good idea, since it's like Fire Vs. Water.
I think HIM would have been pissed because of Dark Funeral's attitude on religion and life.
And Dark Funeral pissed on HIM 'cause of all the "Love-Stuff"

Though it would been a HELL OF A WAR^^

Anyway, both bands is good though..^^
15.06.2007 - 15:19
Im_Haunted
Account deleted
Not so much a tour but Metallica are playing with Fucking "Him" grrr gays!!
16.06.2007 - 11:58
Zanovich
Account deleted
Marilyn Manson + Slayer.

OH. DEAR. GOD.
19.06.2007 - 08:27
ASiema113
Goatwhore(lol pissed off the bassit of this band so easily) w/ 1349

Hellfest tour -Korn & metalcore bands w/Emperor, 1349, Behemoth, Vader, Cannibal Corpse, Children Of Bodom, Megadeth & Dream Theater.

How is Emperor playing with Korn!? The lords of all metal! So unworthy! LOL JK First of all KORN??? Excuse my french but come on wtf not to mention that their headlining , and I just dislike m.c. bands...but that's just my opinion.
----

Written by Guest on 18.01.2008 at 09:05

People are always at their very best when they're dead.
19.06.2007 - 08:48
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by ASiema113 on 19.06.2007 at 08:27

This is Hellfest Korn & metalcore bands w/Emperor, 1349, Behemoth, Vader, Cannibal Corpse, Children Of Bodom, Megadeth & Dream Theater.

How is Emperor playing with Korn!? The lords of all metal! So unworthy! LOL JK First of all KORN??? Excuse my french but come on wtf, and I just dislike m.c. bands...but that's just my opinion.

First of all Hellfest is a festival and want to b4ring a broad range of metal, and since Korn is metal and was very influential and cancelled their gig last year they are programmed this year. And second of all Korn doesn't play with Emperor fyi because Korn headlines the firday night and emperor headlines the sunday night.
And thank god for bands such as Korn being programmed it adds the much needed variation to a three-day festival such as this and allows me to hit the sack early on the first night.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

19.06.2007 - 08:51
ASiema113
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 19.06.2007 at 08:48

Written by ASiema113 on 19.06.2007 at 08:27

This is Hellfest Korn & metalcore bands w/Emperor, 1349, Behemoth, Vader, Cannibal Corpse, Children Of Bodom, Megadeth & Dream Theater.

How is Emperor playing with Korn!? The lords of all metal! So unworthy! LOL JK First of all KORN??? Excuse my french but come on wtf, and I just dislike m.c. bands...but that's just my opinion.

First of all Hellfest is a festival and want to b4ring a broad range of metal, and since Korn is metal and was very influential and cancelled their gig last year they are programmed this year. And second of all Korn doesn't play with Emperor fyi because Korn headlines the firday night and emperor headlines the sunday night.
And thank god for bands such as Korn being programmed it adds the much needed variation to a three-day festival such as this and allows me to hit the sack early on the first night.

Ehhh...To each man his own
----

Written by Guest on 18.01.2008 at 09:05

People are always at their very best when they're dead.
15.09.2007 - 10:21
Carrion
Account deleted
Metallica's gig in Helsinki was good, if you forget that Apocalyptica couldn't come to warm up so the replacement as the second supporting band was HIM..
Also some years KoRn tried to get Dimmu Borgir support their scandinavian tour.
15.09.2007 - 12:09
NECURATU
Don't know if anybody mentioned Slayer with Marylin Manson Pitty, I understand Mason fans didn't get their asses wooped like back in the glorious days.
----
When the sun rises I take my flock on the balks
When the moon rises I tell the woods good night
16.09.2007 - 21:37
Mystic Ice
Account deleted
Children Of Bodom, Trivium, Amon Amarth. Not only is Trivium a horrible addition, everyone else I know who saw this tour was utterly pissed that Amon Amarth played before Trivium.

To each his own, popularity and all that aside, seeing Trivium live was truly awful. Watching some dude pluck the top string repeatedly without holding down any of the strings immediately followed by CoB really proved to me how banal Trivium is.

I have been in this yawnfest situation many times before. Devil Driver and Dimmu Borgir, Himsa and Behemoth, Despised Icon and Behemoth (a different tour), ect ect. I usually wear earplugs for the lame-o bands and take them out for the band I wanted to see.
17.09.2007 - 17:51
legend_destroyer
Account deleted
Shadows fall and Stone Sour, I didn't go to see them, but that is just plain evil, such a good band (used to be), like shadows fall; touring with such a shit-tastic band like Stone Sour.
18.09.2007 - 04:29
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
Written by Samuel on 03.02.2007 at 22:39

I didnt read the whole thread so hopefully someone didnt already say this but

Megadeth,
Symphony X,
Bobaflex,
Life of Agony,
Nevermore,
Fear Factory,
Dream Theater
Dry kill logic
Megadeth, Dream Theater and Symphony X kick ass... But i even thought they were out of place with megadeth

then Life of of Agony Fear Factory and Dry kill logic just sucked total ass.

Nevermore probably fit in the best

And bobaflex was such a joke... but i actually kind of like them a little.

Why shouldn't those bands tour together? I thought that was the whole idea of Gigantour? Get a bunch of talented bands with upbeat messages in their music tour together and attract a massively divrse fan base. The old school fans of Megadeth get to mingle with the Nu-Metal fans of Bobaflex who stand next to the Neo-Thrash headbangers there to see Nevermore who are chilling with the music theory freak who came for Dream Theater who drank a beer with the the Metalcore fans of Dry Kill Logic.

It was brilliant!
----
(space for rent)
18.09.2007 - 04:37
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Staff
Written by Guest on 16.09.2007 at 21:37

Children Of Bodom, Trivium, Amon Amarth. Not only is Trivium a horrible addition, everyone else I know who saw this tour was utterly pissed that Amon Amarth played before Trivium.

To each his own, popularity and all that aside, seeing Trivium live was truly awful. Watching some dude pluck the top string repeatedly without holding down any of the strings immediately followed by CoB really proved to me how banal Trivium is.

I have been in this yawnfest situation many times before. Devil Driver and Dimmu Borgir, Himsa and Behemoth, Despised Icon and Behemoth (a different tour), ect ect. I usually wear earplugs for the lame-o bands and take them out for the band I wanted to see.

I went to the same tour, with CoB, Amon Amarth, and Trivium. There were about 5 of us, standing about 2/3 of the way back near the bar, giving Trivium a constant combination of middle fingers and simply just standing with our backs to the stage. I at first thought this was obnoxious on our part, but then I looked around and saw dozens of people beside us doing the same things or worse. Thankfully, Amon Amarth will be headlining here in December to finally give the fans what they've wanted for a long while now.
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
22.09.2007 - 19:45
Asphyxia
Account deleted
How about Decapitated and Himsa, or Amon Amarth even. Seriously every time Decapitated comes they don't headline and come with gay bands. They need to play a show with Vader or Blood Red Throne, that would kick ass.
02.12.2007 - 19:48
Valentin B
Iconoclast
i think attacker and defender shouldn't tour with each other

really now, how about iron maiden and trivium?
02.12.2007 - 22:21
Woutjinho
Account deleted
bullet for my valentine with any other band
avenged sevenfold with any other band
trivium with any other band
megadeth with metallica
metallica with slayer
six feet under with any death metal band
six feet under with anal cunt
tokio hotel with any other band
nightwish with any metal band