Metal Storm logo
Katatonia - Tribute Album Details Revealed

Northern Silence Productions will release a tribute double album to Katatonia on December 12. The set includes no less than 17 bands covering 18 songs from the early and mid-'90s-era Katatonia and has a running over 100 minutes. The 20-page booklet will feature artwork by Kristian "Necrolord" Wahlin. The release will be available as limited two-CD digipack, two-CD jewel case and limited two-LP gatefold sleeve (including poster).

The track listing is as follows [cover]:

1. Foscor - "Midwinter Gates"
2. Foscor - "Gateways Of Bereavement"
3. Beatrik - "The Northern Silence"
4. Forest Stream - "Without God"
5. Aeveron - "Shades Of Emerald Fields"
6. Xasthur - "Palace Of Frost"
7. Wyrd - "In Silence Enshrined"
8. Geist - "Love Of The Swan"
9. Dark Fortress - "Endtime"
10. Loss - "Brave"
11. Forest Of Shadows - "Rainroom"
12. Helevorn - "12"
13. Forgotten Tomb - "Nowhere"
14. Bilskirnir - "Day"
15. Farsot - "I Break"
16. Fragile Hollow - "Saw You Drown"
17. October Falls - "For Funerals To Come..."
18. Hel feat. Winterheart - "Cold Ways" *

Source: northern-silence.de
Band profile: Katatonia
Posted: 28.09.2006 by Damnated

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 5   Visited by: 12 users
28.09.2006 - 20:21
Vunts

Interesting. I like these sorts of albums. For me personally, it's a little easier to get into the new bands by hearing them cover songs that i already like (on some occasions). Maybe i'll even get it for christmas.
28.09.2006 - 20:26
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Interesting. Especially Xasthur and Bilskirnir, Bilskirnir have just covered I Break on their latest ep. But I wonder what a NSBM band like Bilskirnir is doeing on a comp. like this and what katatonia thinks of that fact
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

28.09.2006 - 21:09
Damnated
Churchburner
Not just Xasthur and Bilskirnir are the ones I found interesting, but also Wyrd, Dark Fortress and Geist. I'm really curios what the last one will do.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
22.05.2007 - 18:37
O p e t h
Account deleted
i dont heard this tributes can anyone who did tell us if this album is good. from my friends opinions it sound shit the sound , vocals , all. i want and your opinion!
25.09.2007 - 20:28
Sleep In Sorrow
Ghost Of The Sun
I heard it and I didn't like it... Forgotten Tomb's cover of Nowhere and Forest of Shadow's cover of Rainroom sounded good, but the rest... oh, boy. The one that did "Saw You Drown" really fucked it up, Jesus!
----
"It's not funny, my ass is on fire..."

Hits total: 4800 | This month: 4