Metal Storm logo
To Cast A Shadow - Part Ways With Vocalist

Posted June.23.2011 on the band's official MySpace and Facebook sites:

We are sorry to inform you all that Gunnhild is leaving To Cast A Shadow after our concert in Gjerdrum, Norway on the 24th of September. It is, however, very important for us to stress the fact that To Cast A Shadow will continue, and future shows have already been booked.

Even though it is a cliche, we must admit that musical differences made it difficult to continue this collaboration. It has been 2 exciting years with Gunnhild in the band, and she has managed to make herself and the band noticed with her fantastic vocals on our last album, "In Memory Of". There is no grudge between Gunnhild and the band, we have simply decided to set a new course. We wish all the best for Gunnhild and her music-projects, and we thank her for all the good times we shared in To Cast A Shadow.

The "new" To Cast A Shadow will appear at the Rocktober festival in Hamar, Norway on the 8th of October, with London Prog/Death metal band Talana. More live shows are being planned this autumn in Italy and England and will be confirmed soon.

We have received a lot of wonderful reviews so far, and it is an unfortunate time to announce Gunnhild's farewell. We are however confident in this decision and the future is looking bright and very exciting for To Cast A Shadow.

Band Profile: To Cast A Shadow

Source: myspace.com
Posted: 03.08.2011 by dismaleuphony

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   Visited by: 12 users
04.08.2011 - 19:19
Ankläger

Meh. Female goth singers are 12 for 10 cents.
27.09.2011 - 05:20
Jason W.
Razorbliss
After dozens of listens, it's now become a real disappointment that they had to switch singers at this point after such a surprisingly satisfying release this year. "In Memory Of" could easily be a top 10 release for me now. It seems they already have something in mind for the October gig, so hopefully news will come soon of the replacement
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
01.01.2012 - 21:44
Susan
Smeghead
There always seems to be one or two band each year that do this. Excellent album that gets them attention they deserve, then the vocalist leaves just in time for the success to roll in.

Sad face.
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
01.01.2012 - 21:48
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Susan on 01.01.2012 at 21:44
Sad face.

Poor you. One minute I see you posting in one of their album threads so excited to hear such awesome music, then the next minute you find this disappointing news.

I just pictured you going ... :| ... :c
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
01.01.2012 - 21:50
Susan
Smeghead
Yeah. Actually..... that's pretty accurate.
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
04.01.2012 - 05:28
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Yes, I was wondering if you knew of this However, they are more than alive and well, and if you scroll down on their FB page here, you can see some pics of Nell Sigland singing for them in a recent gig. (She of course does a guest appearance already on the latest album). New stuff lis in the works too
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley

Hits total: 1452 | This month: 2