Metal Storm logo
Nightwish - Did NOT Find A New Vocalist

Nightwish have posted the following statement at their official website regarding rumours they have found a new vocalist to replace Tarja Turunen:

"There has been again false news about (the new) Nightwish vocalist in some medias, at least in Finland. There have not been any decisions made concerning the vocalist and there will not be any before year 2007. When the band will choose the vocalist they will inform all medias about it.

Once again: Do not trust any news if it´s not found at http://www.nightwish.com!"

Tarja Turunen was fired last October and is now working on a solo christmas album (as previously posted here). Also Nightwish is currently in the studio working on a new album (read the news report at the MS News Archive here).

Source: nightwish.com
Band profile: Nightwish
Posted: 28.09.2006 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 28   Visited by: 31 users
28.09.2006 - 22:09
iaberis
Advice Troll
Hm... I'm interested to see who will replace her...
I'm also interesting in how can they be recording their new album without a new vocalist!
----
Bitch! Please
28.09.2006 - 22:14
Valentin B
Iconoclast
they have all the verse parts,only no voice yet
28.09.2006 - 22:15
Telrédion86
Account deleted
I think they record things seperately; the new vocalist probably won't have much involvement in working on the music for the new album since they are already working on it and plan on releasing it next year or something, I'm guessing. Kinda like Roy Khan had little to nothing to do with "Siege Perilous" when he first joined Kamelot. But I could be wrong; that's just how I'm seeing things now.
28.09.2006 - 23:17
TheSlaughter
Account deleted
Hahahaha, Tarja's solo project will be soooo lame.
29.09.2006 - 00:36
Revenant
Account deleted
Solo Tarja is easy listening classical music, rather boring but it;'s not like shes doing emo or gansta rap.
29.09.2006 - 01:24
eirc
but... an easy-listening christmass album???? it's a bit lame after her time with nightwish...
but i guess that's the way she wants it..

bad thing is that this very nice band which can surely produce great songs can't release an album yet. search for vocalist has been going on for so long and with no news comming out they must really be in a very difficult position
----
eirc...
29.09.2006 - 02:10
-MeTaLlIc-OwL-
Account deleted
Ha!, u know, Tarja didnt ever write songs, the dudes were always the ones to write, Tarja just sang their songs xD
29.09.2006 - 02:57
danzig111
Account deleted
i'll bet it's one of the guitarrists singing.
29.09.2006 - 02:58
Gothic Crow
Hi metal people! Strange, who can a band make a album without know for witch kind of voice they are working? For exemple: Nightwish and Within Temptation can't work in the same way, because the voices are very diferent!!! I think that they have some idea, in the worst plan. Now i'm gonne be bad: FROM THE WORLD OF METAL, WICH FEMALE VOCALIST, YOUR THINK THAT CAN DO A BETTER WORK IN NIGHTWISH? Best regards from Portugal: Gothic Crow
29.09.2006 - 06:03
Woven Elegy
Account deleted
Will the fans even be able to accept a substitute Tarja that could fill her shoes? (if that is at all possible). If they can't find a replacement for Tarja, what are they gonna do?
29.09.2006 - 07:20
Winds Of Horus
Account deleted
if thier gonna get a new vocalist ..TheN just get a new vocalist all these rumors and shit piss me off....id rather listen to Tristania..anyways
29.09.2006 - 07:52
Bararey
Winter is Coming
elite
It'll be almost a year since Tarja's dismissal and still no vocalist, that's a bit worrying!
----
"Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died."
Ser Jorah Mormont
29.09.2006 - 17:13
Etaín
Tarja studied classical music and singing, and has always done classical and opera stuff besides Nightwish. So no surprise at all that she's gonna keep doing that. If its not cool enough for all you serious metalheads, then stop whining about it.

Maybe the guys already have a small idea about who they want. Im sure Tuomas knows what he's looking for, and he'll probably keep searching till he finds it.
29.09.2006 - 19:57
Bas
Retired Staff
elite
Written by Guest on 28.09.2006 at 23:17

Nightwish is so lame you mean

in her solo project she´ll finally be able to unfold all her talent, she was the only one in Nightwish that had any to begin with
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
29.09.2006 - 20:44
SacredBlade
Tuomas's songwriting + Tarja's vocals = Success.
Nightwish - Tarja = Average.
29.09.2006 - 20:59
eirc
Written by Bas on 29.09.2006 at 19:57

Nightwish is so lame you mean

in her solo project she´ll finally be able to unfold all her talent, she was the only one in Nightwish that had any to begin with

noone said she ain't got talent. (almost) everybody was amazed with her voice. but since most people who listened to nightwish probably PREFER metal than operetic symphonic classical music, they will prefer her time with nightwish i guess..
you know maria kallas? she was an opera singer with one of the best voices ever. but i've never heard that voice because she didn't sing in a genre that i like.. i guess the same is gonna happen to tarja for me from now on
----
eirc...
29.09.2006 - 21:03
Bas
Retired Staff
elite
Written by eirc on 29.09.2006 at 20:59

Written by Bas on 29.09.2006 at 19:57

noone said she ain't got talent. (almost) everybody was amazed with her voice. but since most people who listened to nightwish probably PREFER metal than operetic symphonic classical music, they will prefer her time with nightwish i guess..
you know maria kallas? she was an opera singer with one of the best voices ever. but i've never heard that voice because she didn't sing in a genre that i like.. i guess the same is gonna happen to tarja for me from now on

well i like metal much better then i like opera (which i like aswell btw, but less then metal), but i think that Nightwish is an absolutely average band with Tarja, and a bad band without her, Tarja is good, no doubt, but the other musicians just bore me
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
29.09.2006 - 21:11
eirc
then if you didn't like them alot with tarja then i can understand you'll think they suck without her. but i liked a lot the songs they wrote (not only because she sang them) so i guess i'll like them afterwards if they have a decent singer (wheeeeeeeeeeen they find one)

EDIT: removed the quote because it got tooo big
----
eirc...
29.09.2006 - 21:50
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
I think Nightwish has already chosen the new vocalist, but they just want to record the album without a big media fuss. At least according to Tuomas' interviews, they have a couple of potential ones, but they don't want to make a final decision as someone better can still show up.
----
You'll never walk alone.
29.09.2006 - 22:02
eirc
hope you are right
----
eirc...
30.09.2006 - 06:04
Icewings
La Luna
Well I thought they had a new vocalist , and well Tarka has a great MezzoSoprano voice but I do beliebe Toumas could pul it out and can bring something different , they don't have to find someone exactly like Tarja , no maybe a lighter voice ....but well we'll see what happens ...
----

Metalheads for Black Lives and Land Back
30.09.2006 - 17:25
Rathma
Account deleted
They've gone through almost 1000 demo tapes. One of those has to be good, so i'm not too worried.
30.09.2006 - 21:10
Gothic Crow
Hello! Everyone talks about the voice, but i think that isn't a single problem... Isn't only the voice, is all (voice, image, performance, power...). Nightwish isn't a simple and normal band, is the best band, so the woman us gonne replace the place of Tarja, couldn't be a simple singer. She have to be the best!!! Best regards from Portugal: Gothic Crow
01.10.2006 - 10:14
eirc
They have stated in their site that they want a girl with a very good voice - not necerilly one like tarja's but they also want her good looking so she could be a good front-woman.
Talking about performance though i don't really think that tarja's live stage performance was a very good one (not talking about voice, but her whole "standing" on the stage). I mean.. have you seen her headbanging? It was the funniest thing! Tt was expected though since she was never a metal fan.
----
eirc...
27.10.2006 - 21:33
Blondie
Account deleted
im worring that nightwish r gonna suck without tarja
27.10.2006 - 23:27
Lupas
Maximus
no, nightwish are getting time to work seroiusly for thier new album
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
19.11.2006 - 00:36
Void Weaver
Account deleted
Nightwish is dead. Tarja was their voice. you can't replace her. i'm sorry but i won't listen to them unless she is singing. if they start a new band thats different. it's like having iced earth without matt barlow it doesnt work.
19.11.2006 - 22:00
Shagrath
Account deleted
Tarja was indeed a great vocalist.
But I'm very sure that they will find a replacement, there are enough great vocalists...
But the story about "Nightwish being dead without Tarja", thats bullshit.
If Tuomas was fired from the band, then yes, because he is the one who wrote all those brilliant songs.
And by the way, Marco got an amazing voice either.
The covers they are playing is not Nightwish-style, but is still sounds great:metal:

Hits total: 2828 | This month: 15