Owners:

387 have it
26 want it

01. Mexican Radio [Wall Of Voodoo cover]
02. Mesmerized
03. Inner Sanctum
04. Tristesses De La Lune
05. Babylon Fell (Jade Serpent)
06. Caress Into Oblivion (Jade Serpent II)
07. One In Their Pride [Porthole mix version]
08. I Won't Dance (The Elder's Orient)
09. Sorrows Of The Moon
10. Rex Irae (Requiem)
11. Oriental Masquerade
12. One In Their Pride [Re-entry mix]
13. In The Chapel, In The Moonlight [Dean Martin cover] [bonus]
14. The Inevitable Factor [bonus]
15. The Inevitable Factor [alternative vocals] [bonus]

Additional info
Sample editing on track 7 by Jan Nemec.
Album artwork is part of the painting "The Garden of Earthly Delights" by Hieronymus Bosch.

Tracklist of the 2017 version:
1. Mexican Radio [Wall Of Voodoo cover]
2. Mesmerized
3. Inner Sanctum
4. Tristesses De La Lune
5. Babylon Fell
6. Caress Into Oblivion
7. One In Their Pride [Porthole mix]
8. I Won't Dance (Elder's Orient)
9. Rex Irae (Requiem)
10. Oriental Masquerade
11. Sorrows Of The Moon [Pandemonium Session]
12. The Inevitable Factor [Pandemonium session]
13. In The Chapel, In The Moonlight [The Collector's Celtic Frost 12'' Single]
14. One In Their Pride [re-entry mix] [Pandemonium session]
15. The Inevitable Factor [alternate vocals] [Pandemonium session]

Found in 11 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 10   Visited by: 594 users
06.08.2011 - 05:49
Rating: 6
Fade To Black

The first half of this album is heavy metal and a true classic, The second half is out there
05.03.2012 - 20:44
Korah

Agreed!
----
Don't cry for my English
19.06.2012 - 00:59
Rating: 9
musicalkaratekid

I love this album for it's experimentation and avant-garde influences, but also the amount of memorable material there is to be found on here. The classical interludes such as 'Tristesses de la Lune' and epic closer 'Oriental Masquerade' show that there is genius at work here. It's surely not to everyone's tastes, but I like to think this is the band's best album.
19.06.2012 - 01:09
RavenKing

Sucky album.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
28.09.2012 - 17:05
Maldoror
Account deleted
Well, I agree that this is probably the first avantgarde metal album ever and I appreciate their courage to bring completely new and unusual influences to metal back then. On the other hand, not all the experiments worked out. Songs like Mexican Radio and One In Their Pride should have been left out completely or released as B-sides or something. Inner Sanctum is really great song but as far as I know it had been written in 1985 for To Mega Therion and it doesn't fit on this experimental album.Tristesses De La Lune, Rex Irae, and Oriental Masquerade sound really original especially when you realize that female operatic vocals and symphonic parts were used here almost ten years before symphonic metal became popular. The thing I really don't like are the male vocals on songs like Mesmerized and Sorrows Of The Moon. I usually like weird vocals but I find Tom's voice really annoying here. The rest of the songs are OK but they don't belong to CF's best material. The other problem is that the whole album sounds like a compilation of five different bands. If you are new to Celtic Frost I would recommend to start with To Mega Therion and Monotheist, continue with their early EPs and Vanity Nemesis and then try this record at your own risk. Oh, and don't forget to avoid Cold Lake at all costs. :-)
28.12.2012 - 01:35
megadeath13
Account deleted
After two raw "Thrash/Black Metal albums, Celtic Frost experiments a lot with their third effort. Even if the album is not always well recognized, i love it to death. You have to be an open minded listener to understand this masterpiece.
24.04.2014 - 07:54
Rating: 8
Timelord

Great album to those who are willing to not be so close minded and allow elements in the songs other than "metal" . When this first came out it took me a good 3-4 months of listening to begin appreciating what Celtic Frost had accomplished. Now more than ever, the effect and influence of not only 'Into the Pandemonium" but Celtic Frost period. Two genres at minimum black/symphonic can be traced back to CF. Like them or not you have to give credit where its due.
14.01.2018 - 16:35
VIG
Account deleted
Not as bad as some think it is.
22.03.2018 - 10:41
Marchosias

I personally go for rating it a 9. Its different its avant-garde and its awesome.

It has a massive amount of experimentation in my mind that works

It has memorable moments and songs that resonate the first 2 relases.

PS : i rate their first 2 albums as 10's.
----
A mediocre metalhead.
13.10.2018 - 02:49
DeathMetal

Some weird shit but I dig it.

Hits total: 19752 | This month: 52