Metal Storm logo
Metal Band You Hate The Most

Original post

Posted by , 08.08.2011 - 03:22
Which metal band do you hate the most and why?
For me, it's Behemoth. I hate the way these guys blaspheme. You read their lyrics, you find nothing, you ask about them, they're blasphemous! I hate Nergal too. He's very overrated. Behemoth's very overrated. They're crap and then they make four death metal albums and become number 20 on the popularity index! Overrated. That's my opinion though.
19.05.2014 - 00:07
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Schnabeltier 24 on 18.05.2014 at 23:57

Lurker of Chalice.
I hate that band, their music creeps me so much

Well that's surely a good thing then. Shows it's pretty effective
19.05.2014 - 01:20
Schnabeltier 24

Quote:
Well that's surely a good thing then. Shows it's pretty effective

Yup, one of the strongest atmosphere I've ever "listened" to, for sure.
----
Hey there, tiny wench !
19.05.2014 - 11:22
Fallen Ghost
Craft Beer Geek
There's so MANY bands I do hate. Can't just pick one, but just to mention some:

Attack! Attack!
We Butter The Bread With Butter
Eskimo Callboy

Y.U.C.K.!

And to those who trash on Summoning: Yeah agree, can't understand the fuzz about them
19.05.2014 - 22:58
Lit.
Account deleted
Caladan Brood's even worse.
20.05.2014 - 00:13
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by Guest on 19.05.2014 at 22:58

You really hate Caladan Brood don't you?
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
20.05.2014 - 01:09
Lit.
Account deleted
Written by Karlabos on 20.05.2014 at 00:13

You really hate Caladan Brood don't you?

Them and Summoning are one of few bands I despise.
20.05.2014 - 05:03
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Guest on 19.05.2014 at 22:58

100% agree.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
12.06.2014 - 02:31
Guib
Thrash Talker
I don't like very much most of the Glam / Hair metal bands... though some of them are actually very good, most just play poor music overall.
Also, not a great fan of black metal (there are exceptions like Absu) so I don't like Mayhem, Burzum, Immortal.........
I do not like bands like *Job for a Cowboy* ... actually I'm not a big fan of too long Break downs, not saying I hate break downs in general
but just try keepin' them brief please.

I'm not saying any of those bands are shit and suck... It just doesn't suit me.
Oh also... very picky on Grindcore
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
16.06.2014 - 04:45
SuicidalCyco
Account deleted
Don't know if I outright hate any bands but I definitely dislike Avenged Sevenfold. Just recently some kid tried to tell me that their dead drummer is way better than Mike Portnoy and they are the greatest musicians ever. Something was said about Slayer earlier in the conversation and he said Slayer will never compare because they "use only one note in every song" His exact words.

Other bands include Slipknot, Chelsea Grin and most other deathcore bands. While there are a few I somewhat enjoy I still cant stand that stuff.
16.06.2014 - 21:14
Mattybu

Written by Guest on 16.06.2014 at 04:45

Something was said about Slayer earlier in the conversation and he said Slayer will never compare because they "use only one note in every song" His exact words.

Kids these days...
16.06.2014 - 23:03
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by Mattybu on 16.06.2014 at 21:14

Kids these days...

Don't get me started. If kids don't get into Metal thanks to Slayer, what are they going to become?

We have new smilies? I'm so going to overuse that one.
16.06.2014 - 23:10
Mattybu

Written by Ilham on 16.06.2014 at 23:03

Kids these days...

Don't get me started. If kids don't get into Metal thanks to Slayer, what are they going to become?

We have new smilies? I'm so going to overuse that one.

Yeah, young children getting into metal need Slayer to put them on the right path. Slayer is probably the most metal band ever to exist.

And yeah, there are some new smilies. Grandpa is my favourite. Being an old man like myself I'll have to make good use of it.
16.06.2014 - 23:20
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by Mattybu on 16.06.2014 at 23:10

Yeah, young children getting into metal need Slayer to put them on the right path. Slayer is probably the most metal band ever to exist.

And yeah, there are some new smilies. Grandpa is my favourite. Being an old man like myself I'll have to make good use of it.

My big brother offered me Rain In Blood when I was 9 as a joke. He thought he'd get it for himself. He was so wrong.

I just can't stand Darkthrone. I just can't.
17.06.2014 - 01:00
Mattybu

Written by Ilham on 16.06.2014 at 23:20

My big brother offered me Rain In Blood when I was 9 as a joke. He thought he'd get it for himself. He was so wrong.

I just can't stand Darkthrone. I just can't.

It would be about 4 or 5 years ago now that I bought Reign In Blood. Still holds up for me as the greatest album of all time. I wasn't as young as 9 but still pretty young.

It seems like a lot of people can't stand Darkthrone, many of which have the stylistic change in their sound as the reason.
17.06.2014 - 01:14
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by Mattybu on 17.06.2014 at 01:00

It would be about 4 or 5 years ago now that I bought Reign In Blood. Still holds up for me as the greatest album of all time. I wasn't as young as 9 but still pretty young.

It seems like a lot of people can't stand Darkthrone, many of which have the stylistic change in their sound as the reason.

Well, it was my first real and personal encounter with metal. I loved it, but I had to grow up to understand there were many other people that used instruments in that "weird way" that I found so amusing at the time . I actually danced to it. Silly children.

In all the styles they might have tried and that I have heard, I never seemed to like a song more than "meh". I think it's the only band I really don't like despite loving the general genre to witch it belongs to. Because I hate many genres.
17.06.2014 - 02:49
SuicidalCyco
Account deleted

Written by Guest on 16.06.2014 at 04:45

Something was said about Slayer earlier in the conversation and he said Slayer will never compare because they "use only one note in every song" His exact words.

Kids these days...

Yeah I know right. He and his friend were ignorant little shits. Saying how Suicide Silence and Whitechapel are the best metal bands. Real annoying.
18.06.2014 - 17:23
Uldreth

Written by Guest on 17.06.2014 at 02:49

Yeah I know right. He and his friend were ignorant little shits. Saying how Suicide Silence and Whitechapel are the best metal bands. Real annoying.

No actually it is you who is being annoying here.

I mean, how dare they like different bands than you?!
18.06.2014 - 17:39
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
I actually agree with Uldreth on this one, even though I totally don't like Suicide Silence, Whitechapel and such. It's clearly a case of different strokes for different folks here. And YES it is possible to say that those bands are better than the ones we like and yes it is possible to say Avenged Sevenfold's drummer is better than Portnoy since there is no obective ground on which to judge which band or drummer is better. It is all in the ear of the beholder.

Yes I know I do say x is better than y but anyone saying y is better than x doesn't annoy me at all.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

18.06.2014 - 17:53
Uldreth

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 18.06.2014 at 17:39

I actually agree with Uldreth on this one, even though I totally don't like Suicide Silence, Whitechapel and such. It's clearly a case of different strokes for different folks here. And YES it is possible to say that those bands are better than the ones we like and yes it is possible to say Avenged Sevenfold's drummer is better than Portnoy since there is no obective ground on which to judge which band or drummer is better. It is all in the ear of the beholder.

Yes I know I do say x is better than y but anyone saying y is better than x doesn't annoy me at all.

Well, musicians can be SOMEWHAT evaluated by technical skill but that's about it and there are more factors to being a musician than just tech skills, even discounting songwriting abilities.

I also tend to say and also argue about bands being better but it is clear to me that the poster I replied to is one of those guys who are so insecure in their tastes they have to attempt to humiliate people who listen to metal but are generally outside the metal culture, such as core fans and people who do not worship old classic bands mindlessly (well, saying Slayer plays one note over and over again is kinda incorrect but I can't really say that their music would be a paragon of virtuosity and technicality).

This whole "lol one of this band's fans said that band is the best ever and he doesn't like Metallica/etc. I mean how stupid he is, because we all know that MY favourite bands are the best and anyone who disagrees is a poser AND a moron" I find much more annoying than mainstream metal fans liking mainstream metal bands. Let them. Who cares?
18.06.2014 - 22:17
Mattybu

Written by Uldreth on 18.06.2014 at 17:53

(well, saying Slayer plays one note over and over again is kinda incorrect but I can't really say that their music would be a paragon of virtuosity and technicality).

It's incorrect, not "kinda" incorrect.

I think SuicidalCyco was just peeved by the ignorance and moronic stuff those people were saying, and rightly so. I personally don't care if other people have different tastes, so someone can say whoever they want is the best drummer or best band (so I have no problems with someone liking Suicide Silence, Whitechapel, etc). But it's not a case of "mindlessly worshiping" the classic bands, it's a case of ponderer-on-Enslaved level of stupidity, if you are going to say Slayer only uses one note in every song.
19.06.2014 - 04:09
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
SuicidalCyco is just as ignorant and moronic with what he said about those people because if he didn't mind those bands he wouldn't have mentioned them.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

19.06.2014 - 04:40
Mattybu

I guess the moral of the story here is to let people like what they like. When you think about it, even though I would personally avoid bands like Suicide Silence and Whitechapel like the plague if they could bring some other person some enjoyment then good for them.
19.06.2014 - 04:57
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
----
- Reimu Hakurei
19.06.2014 - 06:30
SuicidalCyco
Account deleted
Written by Uldreth on 18.06.2014 at 17:23

Written by Guest on 17.06.2014 at 02:49

No actually it is you who is being annoying here.

I mean, how dare they like different bands than you?!

They can like whatever the fuck they want. There's nothing wrong with those bands I just don't like them. I wasn't being ignorant. Those kids however were being ignorant.
19.06.2014 - 06:39
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Guest on 19.06.2014 at 06:30
Those kids however were being ignorant.

Sounds to me like they were stating their opinion. If they think Suicide Silence and Whitechapel are the best metal bands around then that's what they think. There's no objectively right answer to who the best in the business is anyway, it's all a matter of taste.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
19.06.2014 - 07:08
SuicidalCyco
Account deleted
Written by Troy Killjoy on 19.06.2014 at 06:39

Those kids however were being ignorant.

Sounds to me like they were stating their opinion. If they think Suicide Silence and Whitechapel are the best metal bands around then that's what they think. There's no objectively right answer to who the best in the business is anyway, it's all a matter of taste.

I am aware of that, but I guess you would've have to been in the conversation.
19.06.2014 - 15:12
Uldreth

They can like whatever the fuck they want. There's nothing wrong with those bands I just don't like them. I wasn't being ignorant. Those kids however were being ignorant.

Except in that post you have quoted you linked their ignorance with their liking of SS and Whitechapel, implying they are ignorant because of those.

Of course the Slayer comment is stupid but w/e. If I had a penny for every time a trvekvltist shittalked about some bands I like with arguments about as stupid as the Slayer one-note thing I'd be a fucking rich man.

At any rate I consider this discussion to be done and I don't mean to crucify you for this, I just find this attitude really annoying to have in discussions. Maybe they were ignorant about Slayer or whatever but seriously open any thread where 1) mainstream metal bands 2) melodic metalcore bands 3) "emo" bands (I mean the popular definition of emo now) are being discussed and you will see whacktons of comments like "wow this band sux and only faggits listen to their musik lol i talked to one of them and dey tink avenged sevenfold if best band ever and he sed bullet 4 my valentine is better than iron maiden !!!4444" and this retarded attitude is really going on my nerves.

- Bands have nothing to do with their fanbase.
- People ARE going to be ignorant about what they aren't concerned with. If you think they are so stupid because of that, I remember tons of your comments about -core music on this site in the past and as the resident abrasive core fan here I can tell you most of them betrayed a profound ignorance about semi-modern (post 80s) hardcore music. Pot calling the kettle black perhaps?
- There is no real objective measure of goodness. Maybe you think they are stupid for prefering Whitechapel over Slayer, but consider for a moment that for example while I DO like Slayer, I don't like Metallica at all. I acknowledge their historical importance, and enjoy absolutely minimal stuff of theirs, but that's it. If in a discussion this came up, I'd call Whitechapel better than Metallica, because unlike Metallica, I enjoy listening to Whitechapel. Are you gonna call me stupid or ignorant about that as well?
- And I dunno what you did with them in RL but are you seriously gonna be such a cunt to expose everyone (hint: lot's of people) to this attitude in your area? I mean I have friends who like some mainstream metal bands but don't care about the genre overall. They also tend to react quite negatively if I show them DsO or something like that, and betray a profound ignorance of the genre when it comes to that. Believe it or not I am not going to crucify them for that.

Please realize this sort of attitude really screams of actual insecurity of your own tastes and self...
19.06.2014 - 16:48
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by deadone on 19.06.2014 at 05:10

Written by Karlabos on 19.06.2014 at 04:57

I hope you are sharing that popcorn!

Only with those who like the same bands as me
----
- Reimu Hakurei
20.06.2014 - 03:52
SuicidalCyco
Account deleted
Written by Uldreth on 19.06.2014 at 15:12

Please realize this sort of attitude really screams of actual insecurity of your own tastes and self...

You sure are one funny melon farmer you know that?
20.06.2014 - 21:25
Filthgrinder

Behemoth is okay, but they are overrated in my opinion.

The metal bands I dislike are Avenged Sevenfold, Five Finger Death Punch, and Slipknot. I used to listen to these bands, but now I'm just sick of them.
----