Metal Storm logo
Metal Band You Hate The Most

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 08.08.2011 - 03:22
Which metal band do you hate the most and why?
For me, it's Behemoth. I hate the way these guys blaspheme. You read their lyrics, you find nothing, you ask about them, they're blasphemous! I hate Nergal too. He's very overrated. Behemoth's very overrated. They're crap and then they make four death metal albums and become number 20 on the popularity index! Overrated. That's my opinion though.
24.01.2016 - 13:26
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
^ Yeah, this is quite annoying. But well, I gave up trying to explain to non-metalheads what metal is. Nowadays if someone asks what genre I am into I just answer that I'm not much into music (biggest lie ever) to avoid useless conflict.
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
24.01.2016 - 15:28
Belegûr
Arise In Might!
Written by Karlabos on 24.01.2016 at 13:26

^ Yeah, this is quite annoying. But well, I gave up trying to explain to non-metalheads what metal is. Nowadays if someone asks what genre I am into I just answer that I'm not much into music (biggest lie ever) to avoid useless conflict.

I'm incapable of saying that, but then later a friend will assume that everything I listen to is just "noise" or "guys screaming". That seriously pisses me off :/
26.01.2016 - 05:47
Sang Dalang Abu
Too many... especially in my country.
01.02.2016 - 10:58
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Tony Teh Towel on 31.01.2016 at 11:47

Trivium

They sold out on their past 2 records & when confronted, their Frontman blocked me on Twitter

Freakin poser wears Emperor shirts but then writes Kidz Bop metal for tweens with downs

Downs? As in Down's Syndrome?

Stay classy.
01.02.2016 - 11:00
Uldreth
Written by Guest on 01.02.2016 at 10:58

Downs? As in Down's Syndrome?

Stay classy.

Considering I like Trivium, I should probably go visit the local physician to check myself for Down's Syndrome. At least according to him that is.
01.02.2016 - 11:03
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Uldreth on 01.02.2016 at 11:00

Considering I like Trivium, I should probably go visit the local physician to check myself for Down's Syndrome. At least according to him that is.

I think it's best to be sure. I wonder what other genetic disorders can be identified by one's music taste...
01.02.2016 - 17:37
Belegûr
Arise In Might!
Written by Tony Teh Towel on 31.01.2016 at 11:47

Trivium

They sold out on their past 2 records & when confronted, their Frontman blocked me on Twitter

Freakin poser wears Emperor shirts but then writes Kidz Bop metal for tweens with downs

What is selling out? If it's what I think most people say it is, then half the bands in your favourite bands list have "sold out".
21.02.2016 - 22:59
no one
Account deleted
Written by Tony Teh Towel on 21.02.2016 at 21:20

Five Finger Death Punch

+ 1
24.02.2016 - 23:50
Polaria
Def Leppard
----
Life is all the pain we endeavour.
25.02.2016 - 02:11
musclassia
Staff
I had a dream recently in which Till Lindemann drowned a box of puppies, so I guess Rammstein.

Being slightly less facetious, as far as hating bands goes, I guess if a member/members of the band have done terrible things (Lostprophets, Chris Brown, multiple Norwegian 90s Black Metal musicians) then I can understand hate, but the idea of hating a band purely on their music is seems way too much effort to care about, even those bastards that sell out, the heathens. Even popular musicians who I think are/have been jerks and make bad music (good old Beebs), it's too much effort to actively hate them. I guess at worst, I don't particularly find System Of A Down particularly good and find their revered status in the 'metal mainstream' a bit of a chore, and the plight of In Flames is a neverending disappointment, but certainly wouldn't say I hate them (although I guess my edgier 17-year-old self might've).
28.02.2016 - 18:43
Polaria
Written by musclassia on 25.02.2016 at 02:11

Being slightly less facetious, as far as hating bands goes, I guess if a member/members of the band have done terrible things (Lostprophets, Chris Brown, multiple Norwegian 90s Black Metal musicians) then I can understand hate, but the idea of hating a band purely on their music is seems way too much effort to care about, even those bastards that sell out, the heathens. Even popular musicians who I think are/have been jerks and make bad music (good old Beebs), it's too much effort to actively hate them. I guess at worst, I don't particularly find System Of A Down particularly good and find their revered status in the 'metal mainstream' a bit of a chore, and the plight of In Flames is a neverending disappointment, but certainly wouldn't say I hate them (although I guess my edgier 17-year-old self might've).

I hate Def Leppard? but of course not the members of Def Leppard themselves!
----
Life is all the pain we endeavour.
04.03.2016 - 09:42
Sang Dalang Abu
Death to false metal bands!!!
05.03.2016 - 02:56
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Sang Dalang Abu on 04.03.2016 at 09:42

so you hate death? why?
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
05.03.2016 - 18:59
Sang Dalang Abu
Written by Bad English on 05.03.2016 at 02:56

Written by Sang Dalang Abu on 04.03.2016 at 09:42

so you hate death? why?

07.03.2016 - 18:54
Enteroctopus
Any band with clean alterna-vocals.

As for Behemoth I like the band. I don't care how popular/unpopular they are, and frankly I don't really give a crap what he's saying. As for blasphemy, what's the context?

Blasphemy in the name of challenging Christianity is one thing, but writing every single song ever about hailing Satan is just lazy, imo. And what are you doing? Trading one f-ed up religion for what is probably a more messed up religion?

On that note: Deicide. I'm wholly unimpressed with them. Glen Benton is an idiot.
06.08.2016 - 06:14
Amy
Probably Winds of Plague. They just try too hard. But actually it's a toss up between them and Bring me the Horizon.
----
\m/
09.08.2016 - 06:48
Metal Ninja
Slipknot
Trivium
Linkin prk
Avenged sevenfold
Bring me the horizon
Lamb of god
As I lay dying
Devildriver
Limp biscuit
Bullet For My Valentine
Nickelback
Marilyn manson
Five Finger Death Punch
Suicide Silence
Cradle Of Filth
30 seconds to mars
My chemical romance
Evanescence
Epica
Godsmack
Him
Papa Roach
Mudvayne
Rammstein
Sabaton
In Flames (since 2006 onwards)
Disturbed
09.08.2016 - 07:19
Mattybu
^replace 2006 with 2001 for In Flames and I'd be on board with that. They've been especially pathetic since 2006, but after Clayman is when the end began. They haven't released anything remotely worthwhile since then and (like I said in another thread) seem to want everyone to literally pretend the good ol' days didn't happen.

Most of the other bands on your list are just garden-variety shitty and always have been, which I can't really hate that much.
09.08.2016 - 09:20
no one
Account deleted
Written by Metal Ninja on 09.08.2016 at 06:48

Slipknot
Trivium
Linkin prk
Avenged sevenfold
Bring me the horizon
Lamb of god
As I lay dying
Devildriver
Limp biscuit
Bullet For My Valentine
Nickelback
Marilyn manson
Five Finger Death Punch
Suicide Silence
Cradle Of Filth
30 seconds to mars
My chemical romance
Evanescence
Epica
Godsmack
Him
Papa Roach
Mudvayne
Rammstein
Sabaton
Disturbed

Good list!
09.08.2016 - 17:45
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Not really. More like a list of bands a trve metalhead is supposed to hate. Reeks of someone who can't think for themselves tbh.
09.08.2016 - 18:10
no one
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 09.08.2016 at 17:45

Not really. More like a list of bands a trve metalhead is supposed to hate. Reeks of someone who can't think for themselves tbh.

No, its just a list of bands that suck.
09.08.2016 - 18:12
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 09.08.2016 at 18:10

No, its just a list of bands that suck.

I find a lot of those bands far better, more interesting and more fun than some of the most respected bands in metal. A predictable, boring person's hated band list
10.08.2016 - 00:11
Mattybu
I mean, they're predictable for a hated bands list, but most of them do suck. Whether Metal Ninja picked them for true metal reasons or not I agree with most of them being garbage. But like I said, it's hard for me to actually hate bands that are just garden-variety shitty cause they don't really amount to much.

J-drizzle, I bet you would find my list even worse, because other than In Flames and their breaking of my heart, I think the only other "band" (artist) I could say I hate is Lou Reed. You can't just unleash something so foul on the world like Lulu. Pretty much the ultimate sewage in musical form.
10.08.2016 - 05:57
Metal Ninja
Written by Mattybu on 09.08.2016 at 07:19

^replace 2006 with 2001 for In Flames and I'd be on board with that. They've been especially pathetic since 2006, but after Clayman is when the end began. They haven't released anything remotely worthwhile since then and (like I said in another thread) seem to want everyone to literally pretend the good ol' days didn't happen.

Most of the other bands on your list are just garden-variety shitty and always have been, which I can't really hate that much.

Yeah I completely agree with you that the rot started to set in after the "Clayman" release but for me after the "Soundtrack To Your Escape" album is where I totally lost interest in that band.
I think "hate" is too strong a word to use in life unless someone has truly screwed your life up in one way or another! I would say I "dislike" those bands that I listed & not hate them.
10.08.2016 - 06:35
Metal Ninja
Written by Guest on 09.08.2016 at 17:45

Your comment was a bit uncalled for! very unkind & impolite.
I posted a list of bands I just plainly dislike and have no time for, tbh i could of thought of a lot more bands I have disliked over past years but I did not wanna fill up a entire page of dross. Therefor most of those bands were from the recent era's in the list.
There is no "supposed" about it, its up to the individual who they dislike or like, be it a mainstream band/artist or a underground band. I am no elitist metal head either, I just enjoy good music be it whatever the genre or style.

Btw I can think for myself, even though I don't need to reason/explain myself with whoever the hell you are!
10.08.2016 - 06:36
Metal Ninja
Written by Guest on 09.08.2016 at 09:20

Written by Metal Ninja on 09.08.2016 at 06:48

Slipknot
Trivium
Linkin prk
Avenged sevenfold
Bring me the horizon
Lamb of god
As I lay dying
Devildriver
Limp biscuit
Bullet For My Valentine
Nickelback
Marilyn manson
Five Finger Death Punch
Suicide Silence
Cradle Of Filth
30 seconds to mars
My chemical romance
Evanescence
Epica
Godsmack
Him
Papa Roach
Mudvayne
Rammstein
Sabaton
Disturbed

Good list!

cheers mate
10.08.2016 - 07:16
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
I think people should reply in constructive way to queries on inclusion of certain bands in their list rather than replying in generalized way to your preferences.
10.08.2016 - 12:14
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Metal Ninja on 10.08.2016 at 06:35

Your comment was a bit uncalled for! very unkind & impolite.
I posted a list of bands I just plainly dislike and have no time for, tbh i could of thought of a lot more bands I have disliked over past years but I did not wanna fill up a entire page of dross. Therefor most of those bands were from the recent era's in the list.
There is no "supposed" about it, its up to the individual who they dislike or like, be it a mainstream band/artist or a underground band. I am no elitist metal head either, I just enjoy good music be it whatever the genre or style.

Btw I can think for myself, even though I don't need to reason/explain myself with whoever the hell you are!

Just saying it as I see it. People, metallers especially, are easily influenced into disliking or liking certain things and when I see a 101 list of the bands metallers are programmed into disliking, with no explanations, I'm going to comment on it. If you didn't expect to have some opposite feedback on a thread about hating bands then I am surprised!
10.08.2016 - 13:05
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 10.08.2016 at 07:16

I think people should reply in constructive way to queries on inclusion of certain bands in their list rather than replying in generalized way to your preferences.

Or give explanations of why you included such bands, instead of a massive list of bands with nothing else added, then people wouldn't have to generalise. I rarely hear decent explanations of why people hate the bands in lists like that, or legitimately think they're bad bands so I'm always interested in hearing why they're mentioned. People seem too satisfied in just saying "they suck, lol" in a big circle jerk and just leaving it at that.
10.08.2016 - 14:17
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 10.08.2016 at 13:42

Ye Nickleback blows asswhistles!

But what kind of asswhistles?! The maple kind, or the ceramic sort, or even the modern 3D printed ones? This is the kind of low-brow discussion I'm talking about