Metal Storm logo
Katatonia - Pull Out Of Unirock Open Air

Swedish dark metallers Katatonia have cancelled their appearance at Unirock Open Air Festival, set to take place from 9th to 11th of September 2011 in Istanbul, Turkey. The band's statement reads as follows:

"It is with great regret that Katatonia are forced to cancel their September 9th appearance at the Unirock Festival in Istanbul, Turkey. Due to a conflict with the festival's promoter who were not able to fulfil their contractual obligations, our agent and management decided to pull out as we can't afford to risk financial loss.
We hereby apologize to any fans who were expecting us to appear and we'll do our absolute best to schedule a new tour date for Turkey in the near future."

A statement from the festival organizers is yet to come and will be posted here as soon as possible.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Katatonia
Event: Unirock Open Air Festival
Posted: 12.08.2011 by Promonex

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 9   Visited by: 130 users
12.08.2011 - 05:36
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Tough loss, but there's still quite a few big bands that should draw a crowd, from Opeth to Between the Buried and Me to Mayhem to Orphaned Land - they cover a wide ground.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
12.08.2011 - 05:40
AXA

Its to much ... im so sorry for this band news because i want see opeth and katatonia
hope opeth dont do the same.
12.08.2011 - 07:12
Umideath

Holy fuckin' crap :|
----
My Top 90 Metal Albums Of 2023 - Part 2 >> https://youtu.be/6Yi7zV9Xo58 - Part 1
https://youtu.be/8F0E_CAfmMM
12.08.2011 - 08:04
Roro

But still they have Beirut Rock Festival in going? interesting.....
12.08.2011 - 13:26
Fred

Opeth are out too, just announced it on Facebook, so...
----
Fred
12.08.2011 - 17:16
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Fred on 12.08.2011 at 13:26
Opeth are out too, just announced it on Facebook, so...

Ya I figured with Kat leaving, Opeth wouldn't be far behind. Sucks for the fans - I'm wondering if they try to find replacements.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
12.08.2011 - 17:28
Risto
Wandering Midget
Sounds like another ticket sales failure.
12.08.2011 - 20:51
Fred

Yeah, guess it's too bad for the event to have 2 main acts withdraw. Tickets' sales will drop dramatically that is for sure.
Still, Katatonia are performing alongside Moonspell in Lebanon, on September the 3rd.
Fingers crossed for that!
----
Fred
19.08.2011 - 10:51
Deathslayer

Written by Fred on 12.08.2011 at 20:51

Yeah, guess it's too bad for the event to have 2 main acts withdraw. Tickets' sales will drop dramatically that is for sure.
Still, Katatonia are performing alongside Moonspell in Lebanon, on September the 3rd.
Fingers crossed for that!

i hope the priests wont try to do a counter propaganda about the concert.And if the concert in beirut was open air we would have benefited from unirock cancelling

Hits total: 3076 | This month: 6