Metal Storm logo
Wolves In The Throne Room - New Song Streaming Online

NPR is hosting the public's first listen to "Woodland Cathedral," the fifth track off of Cascadian black metal act Wolves In The Throne Room's upcoming LP, Celestial Lineage at this location.

The fourth album of the band, Celestial Lineage, will be released on September 13th, via Southern Lord Records.

Source: metalunderground.com
Band profile: Wolves In The Throne Room
Posted: 15.08.2011 by Cynic Metalhead

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 10   Visited by: 90 users
15.08.2011 - 12:17
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Quite nice but doesn't tell us much about the album's style. Good artwork though.
15.08.2011 - 15:29
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Artwork is really good but the song sounds me like an darker version of Nightwish stuff. Well, looking forward for the album though.
15.08.2011 - 16:04
InnerSelf
proofread free
I did not just read Nightwish , did I ?
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
15.08.2011 - 16:12
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by InnerSelf on 15.08.2011 at 16:04

Yes but you should ignore it. Apparently clean female vocals = Nightwish to some.
15.08.2011 - 16:18
InnerSelf
proofread free
Written by Guest on 15.08.2011 at 16:12

Written by InnerSelf on 15.08.2011 at 16:04

Yes but you should ignore it. Apparently clean female vocals = Nightwish to some.

I knew it >_< so WitTR's biggest influence IS Nightwish
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
15.08.2011 - 16:21
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by InnerSelf on 15.08.2011 at 16:18

I knew it >_< so WitTR's biggest influence IS Nightwish

If you play Wolves' songs backwards at 73% speed they're actually unreleased Nightwish demos.
15.08.2011 - 17:06
Skyum

Waaay too short. But looking at the amount of songs on this album, it looks like we won't get a lot of 12-18 minute songs. Still looking forward to hearing the album, especially after reading that interview.
15.08.2011 - 19:06
Carl Berg
Carl Berg
Beautiful song whose monotonous majesty is only surpassed by the dissonant grandeur of Jessika Kinney's dual-hymn. Manages to derive from the original WITTR style but just so as to keep the forest mysticism alive. A definate buy for Carl.
15.08.2011 - 19:51
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Wtf is it with usbm acts appearing on NPR? i still cannot figure it out. (Krallice did this as well with their latest). given the band's politics, i suppose it makes a slight degree of sense - but when i look at all my thirtysomething friends that listen to NPR, i think listening to Wolves in the Krallice Room would cause them to jam a sharp objects into their ears...
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
16.08.2011 - 01:57
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Carl Berg on 15.08.2011 at 19:06

Beautiful song whose monotonous majesty is only surpassed by the dissonant grandeur of Jessika Kinney's dual-hymn. Manages to derive from the original WITTR style but just so as to keep the forest mysticism alive. A definate buy for Carl.

Talking about oneself in the third person is the first sign of madness... being a fan of Striborg is the second

Hits total: 3564 | This month: 4