Metal Storm logo
Favorite Symphonic Sub-Genre

Poll

Which Symphonic Metal sub-genre do you like the most?

Symphonic Power
Symphonic Black
Symphonic Gothic

Total votes: 16
16.08.2011 - 08:16
Metal_4Ever

Simple, which sub-genre of SM "Symphonic Metal" do you love the most, there are three sub-genres for SM:
First Symphonic Black: this sub-genre has similar components as melodic black metal, but uses keyboarding or instruments normally found in symphonic or classical music. It can also include black metal bands that make heavy usage of atmospheric keyboarding in the music.
Some of Symphonic Black bands: Dimmu Borgir, Emperor, Carach Angren.
#2 Symphonic Power: Symphonic power metal refers to power metal bands that make extensive usage of keyboards, or instruments normally found in classical music similar to symphonic metal.
Some of Symphonic Power bands: Kamelot, Nightwish, Rhapsody Of Fire.
#3 Symphonic Gothic: this sub-genre is related for tow Metal genres; Symphonic and Gothic, and these tow genres has the same specifications as clean female vocals.
Some of Symphonic Gothic bands: Within Temptation, Theatre of Tragedy, After Forever.
My fav. one is Symphonic Power as long as Kamelot is Symphonic power
16.08.2011 - 14:11
Powerslavex
Alexskywalker
Tough question dude cant seem to decide between the black and power, but IMO symphony suites black metal more than power i guess
16.08.2011 - 15:16
Yavanna

Symphonic Power is awesome, it makes me feel great, it's like ridding to war with a sword in my hand
----
Carry me to the shoreline
Bury me in the sand
Walk me across the water
And maybe you'll understand
16.08.2011 - 15:44
BeastOfMetal456
Account deleted
Written by Metal_4Ever on 16.08.2011 at 08:16

Simple, which sub-genre of SM "Symphonic Metal" do you love the most, there are three sub-genres for SM:
First Symphonic Black: this sub-genre has similar components as melodic black metal, but uses keyboarding or instruments normally found in symphonic or classical music. It can also include black metal bands that make heavy usage of atmospheric keyboarding in the music.
#2 Symphonic Power: Symphonic power metal refers to power metal bands that make extensive usage of keyboards, or instruments normally found in classical music similar to symphonic metal.
#3 Symphonic Gothic: this sub-genre is related for tow Metal genres; Symphonic and Gothic, and these tow genres has the same specifications as clean female vocals.
Some of Symphonic Gothic bands: Within Temptation, Theatre of Tragedy, After Forever.

Where's symphonic death like Septicflesh and Fleshgod Apocaylpse?
My vote goes to Symphonic Black because the symphonic effects don't make it sound cheesy, and I like bands like Winidr and Borknagar.
16.08.2011 - 16:47
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
No doubt black there is even no need discuss it and explain why
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
16.08.2011 - 21:19
Metal_4Ever

Written by Guest on 16.08.2011 at 15:44

Written by Metal_4Ever on 16.08.2011 at 08:16

Where's symphonic death like Septicflesh and Fleshgod Apocaylpse?
My vote goes to Symphonic Black because the symphonic effects don't make it sound cheesy, and I like bands like Winidr and Borknagar.

Symphonic death is not a real sub-genre for symphonic, I just said the three famous or should I say main sub-genres for symphonic.
16.08.2011 - 21:26
Metal_4Ever

Written by Irritable Ted on 16.08.2011 at 21:16

My fav genre. Can't split Power and Gothic as they are so closely related.

Power is not so closely related. Gothic is closely
17.08.2011 - 01:34
BeastOfMetal456
Account deleted
Written by Metal_4Ever on 16.08.2011 at 21:19

Symphonic death is not a real sub-genre for symphonic, I just said the three famous or should I say main sub-genres for symphonic.

Actually, it's being born right now by bands such as Septicflesh and Fleshgod Apocalypse. Add it. You will lose nothing