Metal Storm logo
Rhapsody Of Fire - Members Go Separate Ways

Posted today on the Rhapsody website:

After 15 years of friendship, hard work and big passion, fully invested in the creation of symphonic music and an epic saga that will remain in the history of heavy metal, Alex Staropoli and Luca Turilli decided to proceed to a friendly split. "10 albums released and the end of the saga represent, musically and lyrically, an important artistic goal finally reached, underlined by the success of our last release From Chaos To Eternity, for which we want to thank our wonderful fans once again. Now it came the time when new artistic stimulations need to be found, in respect of both parts' visions and perspectives and of our longtime friendship" say Luca and Alex. Due to the latest legal agreements actually in force, Alex Staropoli will go on with Rhapsody Of Fire having, between the others, Fabio Lione as singer, Tom Hess as guitar player and Alex Holzwarth as drummer. For the same agreements and the original name's common ownership, Luca Turilli will release his future works with a new Rhapsody band, including the faithful band members Dominique Leurquin, Patrice Guers and Alex Holzwarth.

Alex says: "While wishing the best to Luca and his new band, I want to tell you that Fabio and myself feel motivated and stronger than ever and that Rhapsody Of Fire are already planning a great worldwide tour. More information regarding the new bass player and the new second guitar player will follow. Stay tuned!"

The website http://www.rhapsodyoffire.com will remain the glorious Rhapsody Of Fire website at all effects and http://www.algalordchronicles.com the official fan club of Rhapsody Of Fire only. In the future, if you want to know more about the new band of Luca Turilli, please check his personal website at http://www.lucaturilli.com

Source: rhapsodyoffire.com
Band profile: Rhapsody
Posted: 16.08.2011 by Baz Anderson

Comments page 2 / 2

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 47   [ 3 ignored ]   Visited by: 386 users
17.08.2011 - 07:41
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 16.08.2011 at 21:28

TT^TT

*Impales himself with the EEEEEEEEEEMRAL SWARD*

I love when there is something about Rhapsody on this forum, everyone keeps on posting awesome shit lol, just like this hahaha.
Now, talking seriously (really!), this the worst news I've read on the last months, I mean, I do not know what to expect from both bands, Staropoli stopped Luca from transforming Rhapsody into something like that Dreamquest/Infinite Wonders Of Creation holy shit, and Luca wrote almost every single song for Rhapsody, so, If they start their separate ways, can only thing of them drowning their projects in tons of keyboards and pretentiousness... so sad
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
17.08.2011 - 12:47
wty789

Written by Troy Killjoy on 17.08.2011 at 05:45

Written by Byners on 17.08.2011 at 05:23
So what's it? Rhapsody of Ice? Thunder? Earth? Water?

Rhapsody of Earth, Wind & Fire.

Heed luca's call!?:what:
17.08.2011 - 13:43
tearofangel

Why??????? This is a tragedy. I can't believe it.
17.08.2011 - 15:59
ErnilEnNaur
Account deleted
Written by Irritable Ted on 16.08.2011 at 20:53

Now I think we will see Fabio joining Kamelot on a permanent basis.

That's not good news either, though. I like Fabio, but him performing songs that were written for Khan's voice is not something I care for.
17.08.2011 - 18:11
Narloth

I thought something of the kind would happen, but not this way. <s>unholy</s> fuck! It's all I have to say.
What impressed me the most is their closing the official board to avoid criticism. When it opens again, criticism will be prohibited lol
18.08.2011 - 01:29
Fat & Sassy!

Written by Troy Killjoy on 17.08.2011 at 05:45

Rhapsody of Earth, Wind & Fire.

Move yourself and glide like a Wyvern.
Lose your dragon in the sky among the clouds in the heavens.
Let this groove, light up your skies (with holy fire), ALRIGHT.
Let this groove, set in your Greaves.
It's ALRIGHT... aaalllllRIGHT.

MOAR LYK FUNKSODY. New album will be Legendary Grooves: Part One of the Saga of Funk. >:[
18.08.2011 - 03:37
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 18.08.2011 at 01:29

You're almost too good at that.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
18.08.2011 - 07:59
Fat & Sassy!

Written by Troy Killjoy on 18.08.2011 at 03:37

You're almost too good at that.

Well, I ain't no jive-ass turkey. D:<
18.08.2011 - 08:01
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 18.08.2011 at 07:59

You wanna take this outside?
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
18.08.2011 - 09:14
Fat & Sassy!

Written by Troy Killjoy on 18.08.2011 at 08:01

Written by Fat & Sassy! on 18.08.2011 at 07:59

You wanna take this outside?

You need tuh... you need tuh... Open Yo' Mynd... and yo' ass will fahllow.
18.08.2011 - 09:17
Fat & Sassy!

(Who the fuck ever thought a Rhapsody thread would get any, let alone a few, funk references.) XD

I am the Duke of Derailing. Done with so much grace. x3
18.08.2011 - 13:38
DieH@rd

Really sad news, but at least they did this in the right way. The most important thing is that both Luca and Staropoli and the rest of the gang will continue making music.

I cant wait to hear the next albums from both bands.
----
His is a name the world will never forget... He is Dargor!
-Rhapsody-
19.08.2011 - 19:26
DoomGuard

First i was thinking the band was ending, but then i read the article, and am thinking "oh, so same stuff?"
21.08.2011 - 02:09
Danyael

I wonder hows Nanowar (of Steel) gonna react to this one
22.08.2011 - 20:14
Music4TheSpirit
MetalForTheSpiri
Well now im just confused . . . Rhapsody, Rhapsody of Fire, hmmmm
----
In this days we seem to be limited by scientific knowledge
"I'm a good man... while that don't interfere with my interest" Anonymous , taken from the low moderm and post-moderm consciences
07.09.2011 - 18:39
John Shock

Fuck.....:( ...:( fuck!
18.09.2011 - 03:45
Lord_Regnier

Written by Narloth on 17.08.2011 at 18:11

I thought something of the kind would happen, but not this way. <s>unholy</s> fuck! It's all I have to say.
What impressed me the most is their closing the official board to avoid criticism. When it opens again, criticism will be prohibited lol

They never really appreciated criticism, isn't it?
No wonder their forum is so dead now. Nearly all the old forum members left in the last years.

At least they can't blame me this time, as I wasn't involved in any way. They used me as a scapegoat in the past to scare people and shut opinions down but this time they can't.

As for the split, I don't know what to think of it and, honestly, I really don't care.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"

Hits total: 6138 | This month: 7