Metal Storm logo
Ensiferum

Original post

Posted by Stigmatized, 18.05.2006 - 03:59
Here is the new topic for the new forum. The DVD is due out in June and the new album is supposedly set for a February 2007 release. Enjoy!
02.02.2010 - 23:24
His Eminence
Account deleted
Written by Irritable Ted on 02.02.2010 at 23:17

Written by Guest on 02.02.2010 at 21:39

Written by Guest on 02.02.2010 at 17:41

I really like the first song on "From Afar", when I heard it the first time I was like "awesome! theyre BACK!" and then Petri started the vocals and it sort of spoiled it. He just doesnt have enough variation...he sounds exactly the way he did in Norther and since Ensiferum is a completely different type of music than Nrother, I would have expected Petri to try something different but he doesnt because he simply cant.

Yeah, Petri doesn't have much variation in his vocals. But I find myself paying more attention to the other aspects of the music. On another note, I think Petri sounds better with Ensiferum than Norther, but maybe that's just because I don't like Norther too much.

Thanks for the tips, but having listened on Youtube to all three of the earlier albums I actually prefer Victory Songs. It sounds more epic to me than the first two. I think that the albums with Jari sound more aggressive, maybe not what I am looking for coming from a power metal background.

I am on my own by the look of most of the posts on the forum as Iron and the debut seem the most popular. Thanks for your comments anyway.

No problem, to each his own I guess. Anyway, since you liked Ensiferum's later, more epic stuff, have you heard of Equilibrium? They're in the same sort of vein that From Afar is in, so you might like them as well.
04.02.2010 - 23:09
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Hm...that never came to my mind - equilibrium being the same kind stuff as ensiferum...but probably you are right about that, if nothing i like both
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

11.02.2010 - 23:51
Janne
Hugin
Imo there's nothing that can compared to Ensiferum's style.. okay wintersun was quite similar
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
14.01.2014 - 20:54
Warman
Erotic Stains
All I can say is that I hope the new album will be a lot better than "Unsung Heroes", which wasn't bad but certainly not much in comparison to earlier albums.
----
18.02.2015 - 23:15
One Man Army is leaked!!!

http://www.mediaboom.org/

enjoy
05.07.2015 - 23:39
Rasputin

Ensiferum is dead, just like Eluvetie and any other Folk metal band. There is no progress in any direction. Eluvetie has been doing the same album over and over, and as far Ensiferum goes, this last one is more of the same boring, uninspiring shite.
06.07.2015 - 10:19
Warman
Erotic Stains
The last time I saw them, a couple of months ago, was by far the loudest concert I've ever been to. I've been to almost 50 metal concerts in the last ten years. I never wear ear plugs for the reason that I don't feel that I need them and I think the sound suffers from it. But I often have a pair in my pocket, just in case. This time seeing Ensiferum I didn't have a pair and of course it was so fucking loud that I for the first time ever feared for my ears.

Still a great show though, played a lot of older songs and stuff I never thought they would play like "Little Dreamer" and "Victory Song".
----
06.07.2015 - 17:17
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Warman on 06.07.2015 at 10:19

The last time I saw them, a couple of months ago, was by far the loudest concert I've ever been to. I've been to almost 50 metal concerts in the last ten years. I never wear ear plugs for the reason that I don't feel that I need them and I think the sound suffers from it. But I often have a pair in my pocket, just in case. This time seeing Ensiferum I didn't have a pair and of course it was so fucking loud that I for the first time ever feared for my ears.

Still a great show though, played a lot of older songs and stuff I never thought they would play like "Little Dreamer" and "Victory Song".

I had those when I had ear infection what was connected whit my toot infection , where dentisn need like 5 months to fix it whit special antibiotics---then I had ear plugs whole time in the concerts and sound, like hockey games and so on
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
07.07.2015 - 01:16
Rasputin

So, are you arguing that they are good just because they are loud live?
07.07.2015 - 01:45
Belegûr
Arise In Might!
Written by Rasputin on 07.07.2015 at 01:16

No he's not. Read the last sentence:

"Still a great show though, played a lot of older songs and stuff I never thought they would play like "Little Dreamer" and "Victory Song". "
07.07.2015 - 05:13
Rasputin

Written by Belegûr on 07.07.2015 at 01:45

Written by Rasputin on 07.07.2015 at 01:16

No he's not. Read the last sentence:

"Still a great show though, played a lot of older songs and stuff I never thought they would play like "Little Dreamer" and "Victory Song". "

Thanks