‹‹ Back to the Recreation Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 34
Users visited: 293  
Search this topic:  

whatsacow

11.11.2012 at 16:32
Written by tea[m]ster on 11.11.2012 at 16:21

Written by whatsacow on 11.11.2012 at 01:50

that only did so well because ID's name was attached to it.

First off I am an id fanboy so take away what you want from that. At the time, Doom 3 had the best graphics to date, the Id Tech 4 engine. First time unified lighting and shadowing were implemented in a video game making the play experience very exhilarating. The music and sound effects in the game are terrific probably my favorite part. Doom 3 played in the dark with 5.1 surround audio is the way to experience it. If you take Doom 3 for what it is, a survival-horror corridor shooter, it excels at it very well. By the way, the flashlight can be toggled in the BFG edition

I do like Doom 3, I just don't think it's even remotely scary. As Yahtzee said: "A raccoon jumping in my window can startle me, but that doesn't mean it's the animal version of Stanley Kubrick."
Jump scares are an acceptable tool, but they can't be your only one. You need to create tension as well. You need the player to dread entering the next room. That is horror. Jumping out of a closet and screaming "Boo" is a practical joke. It may startle you, but it won't horrify you.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
MetalSpider

14.11.2012 at 20:24
I'm still playing Resident Evil 6, on the third campaign. Still a fun game.

I did, however, decide to pick up Black Ops II. For the longest time I was bored of the whole Call of Duty franchise. However, I did enjoy playing MW3 with a buddy of mine and black ops 2 did catch my eye. So I started playing this one and it's a lot of fun!
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
MetalSpider

14.11.2012 at 20:26
Also, new trailer for Grand Theft Auto V was released today. I'm excited as excited can be...and just when you thought a person couldnt be more excited....ADD MORE EXCITEMENT!

Ok that's a bit of an exaggeration, but I am genuinely very much looking forward to this game.

And Dead Space 3.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
!J.O.O.E.!
Thought Police

15.11.2012 at 17:23
Say what you will about the Crysis games, the visuals for Crysis 3 looks incredibly stunning beautiful (naturally it needs to be watched in 1080p). Also looks like a bit more open world-y than 2, but I suspect that won't be the case

----
whatsacow

15.11.2012 at 19:29
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 15.11.2012 at 17:23

Say what you will about the Crysis games, the visuals for Crysis 3 looks incredibly stunning beautiful (naturally it needs to be watched in 1080p). Also looks like a bit more open world-y than 2, but I suspect that won't be the case

Crysis 2 was my favourite shooter last year, simply because it had one thing most others forget: Pacing. There are moments without explosions, moments where you're just taking in the world. The threat level goes up constantly and as they do, you too get more powerful, and need to adapt. This is the main thing I dislike about most modern single player campaigns. It feels like you walk for a second without tripping over an elaborate set piece. They don't take time to suck you into their world, they just want you to shut off your brain and let them do everything for you.

Anyway, seeing that made me reinstall Crysis 2. I'm playing that, and this fucking amazing game called Hotline Miami. It's an indie title, and it's already in the leagues of X-Com, Torchlight 2, Guild Wars 2 and Spec Ops: The Line as my games of the year. It makes violence mean something, much like Spec Ops, and when I played it straight after watching the movie "Drive" and the 80's "Nostalgia" (I was born in 92, so I can't really be nostalgic...) almost killed my brain.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
Slayer666

15.11.2012 at 21:20
I'm very, very, very late to the party, but due to the lack of quality stuff on PC, I actually ate my words and turned to Mass Effect 3 (which I was sure I would never touch).

The game is pretty... meh. Playing as an Adept for about 15 hours and I already got bored of the Singularity + Warp combo I use to kill everything, or Overload + Singularity + Warp to kill stuff with Shields. The combat is exactly the same as it was since level 6 (lvl 31 ATM), and all of the upgrades on my powers mean mostly jack shit because I hardly even notice them.

Playing on Insanity isn't all it's cracked up to be, either. Anything below that is way too easy and Insanity itself is just completely unbalanced: sometimes I get through fights against incredible odds completely unscratched and other times a single lowly Assault Trooper decimates my entire health bar with 2-3 randomly fired shots. Basically, you're stuck sticking your head out of cover every once in a while to pop Singularity, back to cover, wait for cooldown, pop Warp rinse repeat. I'd be lying if I said I didn't quite enjoy some fights, like when 4-5 Brutes simultaneously jumped me on Tuchanka, but those fights are so rare and bogged down by a fuck ton of extremely generic and dull ones.

I don't like how I'm stuck with relatively few squad members either, and it certainly doesn't help that they're mostly boring as fuck. The whiny emo bitch Alenko, the Jersey Shore reject walking-marine-stereotype Vega, the just plain boring Liara etc. Thank god for Garrus and EDI, at least. Storytelling is decent and, although rather predictable at some points, pretty enjoyable.

The final verdict... meh. It's not a bad game, really, but definitively something I'd have never played If I had other options.
Edmund Fogg

15.11.2012 at 22:27
Written by Slayer666 on 15.11.2012 at 21:20

The final verdict... meh. It's not a bad game, really, but definitively something I'd have never played If I had other options.

You've had...ME1 for exemple. Way better game.
----
You cannot sedate all the things you hate - MM
The Observer is the source of reality - Bloom
God damn it!! What did Diddy didn't do? - Satan
IronAngel

15.11.2012 at 23:30
ME3 was no worse than the previous titles, IMO. The original ending was a farce and the improved one not very fitting for the theme of the series, but other than that I had few complaints.

It's not like anybody plays Mass Effect for the action, and it's been as easy and boring since ME1. Granted, the leveling back then actually forced you to make choices between weapon proficiencies, abilities etc. But in no way was ME1s combat and gameplay better overall.
!J.O.O.E.!
Thought Police

16.11.2012 at 00:37
3 has the best mechanics, but is definitely the least enjoyable experience for me. Average story (cultimating in a giant insult), aging graphics engine, no sense of exploration (more shorter levels, as opposed to ME 1's fewer but bigger and longer levels) and of course whereas ME 1 had the Mako, 2 had the awful planet scanning, the new one has nothing at all practically. The Mako, despite its weaknesses, was vital to ME 1's success for me in giving a sense of scope. Naturally it was the first in the series and therefor a new experience so it's likely to be the best for some people, but for me it blows 2 and 3 out of the water and remains in my top, I dunno, 5 games of all time? Maybe even higher than that. Its great story and characterisation easily overcomes the gameplay shortcomings.
----
whatsacow

16.11.2012 at 01:35
Written by Slayer666 on 15.11.2012 at 21:20

I'm very, very, very late to the party, but due to the lack of quality stuff on PC, I actually ate my words and turned to Mass Effect 3 (which I was sure I would never touch).

The game is pretty... meh. Playing as an Adept for about 15 hours and I already got bored of the Singularity + Warp combo I use to kill everything, or Overload + Singularity + Warp to kill stuff with Shields. The combat is exactly the same as it was since level 6 (lvl 31 ATM), and all of the upgrades on my powers mean mostly jack shit because I hardly even notice them.

Playing on Insanity isn't all it's cracked up to be, either. Anything below that is way too easy and Insanity itself is just completely unbalanced: sometimes I get through fights against incredible odds completely unscratched and other times a single lowly Assault Trooper decimates my entire health bar with 2-3 randomly fired shots. Basically, you're stuck sticking your head out of cover every once in a while to pop Singularity, back to cover, wait for cooldown, pop Warp rinse repeat. I'd be lying if I said I didn't quite enjoy some fights, like when 4-5 Brutes simultaneously jumped me on Tuchanka, but those fights are so rare and bogged down by a fuck ton of extremely generic and dull ones.

I don't like how I'm stuck with relatively few squad members either, and it certainly doesn't help that they're mostly boring as fuck. The whiny emo bitch Alenko, the Jersey Shore reject walking-marine-stereotype Vega, the just plain boring Liara etc. Thank god for Garrus and EDI, at least. Storytelling is decent and, although rather predictable at some points, pretty enjoyable.

Lack of quality games on pc? Really? So what are Hotline Miami, X-Com, Dishonored, Guild Wars 2, Black Mesa, Borderlands 2, The Painkiller Remake or Mark of the Ninja? Those are all game that have been released in the past few months. Or if those fail, what about delving into past gems that you've either overlooked, didn't finish or are just so good you should play them again?
Just saying you had plenty of options, you didn't need to subject yourself to that torture. Mass Effect 3 is a stinking pile of shit. Somewhere down the track Bioware remembered they weren't making a movie and tacked on some third person shooter elements and added some dialogue choices. Basically, the mass effect series are text adventures with a half assed gears of war clone shoved in. They may have the greatest story in the world, but they're still fucking games, and bioware should remember that.
----
Edmund Fogg

16.11.2012 at 06:04
Written by IronAngel on 15.11.2012 at 23:30

ME3 was no worse than the previous titles, IMO. The original ending was a farce and the improved one not very fitting for the theme of the series, but other than that I had few complaints.

It's not like anybody plays Mass Effect for the action, and it's been as easy and boring since ME1. Granted, the leveling back then actually forced you to make choices between weapon proficiencies, abilities etc. But in no way was ME1s combat and gameplay better overall.

The storytelling, the dephts of the characters, the Mako, the numerous side-quest made ME1 a far better title. Gameplay wise, the inventory space/loot ratio, the fact that you really felt a difference if you fought with a weapon you were not suited for (as opose to the 2 and 3), the full customization of your party... The thing i would've liked thought is to be able scroll your camera from 1st person to a more strategic viewpoint and combats in a more open environment instead of these arena like fights.
----
Malphas

16.11.2012 at 17:37
The upcoming week is exam week in my college (yeah we got that shit where every single exam is in one fucking week) and after that it's assassin's creed 3 time for me...and a lot of people have recomended the new call of duty to me...i've been playing the series for quite some time now and i got a lot of those games but until now i kinda preferred infinity ward's games to treyarch's games... :S
----
exclude the impossible and what's left is the truth.
IronAngel

16.11.2012 at 18:23
Awesomenauts free weekend on Steam. Awesome fun. Might buy it, it's also on sale for 5 euros until Sunday. It's a moba platformer.
BitterCOld
OldBitterGringo

17.11.2012 at 04:55
The gameplay improved with ME3, and chunks of the story were really good - Tuchanka and the Geth thing. The ending was far too Deus ex machina. and to a certain extent the extended one made it worse. having started with 3, then going back to do 1-2-3 in order, i realized just how much worse it was.

it's so fucking LOOOOONG and such sparse interaction i find myself playing boggle on my iPhone going through the whole prolonged song and dance. (and in a moment of absolute frustration, was so bored and pissed at how long it took, my first run through the extended dance remix of "Disappointment City, population: you" i turned around and took a pot shot at the kid, fuckin up everything and forcing me to sit through the entire fucking process again. (hi, can we save in segments during that boring us sequence? sure would be swell.)

the lack of a "victory lap" also kinda sucks. artistic vision whatever. if you play 100+ hours on something, would be nice to see the character enjoy some slight moment of enjoyment/celebration, even if nothing more than the crew looking to him as the leader and nodding in approval as (s)he walks down the ship after the suicide mission in 2.

and I thought the mix of characters in 2 was by far the best - enough variety so at least a couple people for everyone - and they pretty much did away with my favorites, relegating them to guest appearance roles in this one.

at least it mas multiplayer mode. in a rather stressful time in the real world, blaring metal, drinking a bunch of barley soda aiming fluid and blowing up wave after wave of mobs is fun.

I still think 1 had the most sort of freedom/exploration aspect (and I fucking LOVE the shoot out at the SI office prior to chasing Benezia... shooting the annoying butch guard in the face with the Spectre shotgun last night brought me far more amusement than it should have) , but 2 was easily my fave. 3 comes in a distant 3rd, pretty much almost entirely because of the ending.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.
wormdrink414

17.11.2012 at 05:39
Written by BitterCOld on 17.11.2012 at 04:55

The gameplay improved with ME3, and chunks of the story were really good - Tuchanka and the Geth thing. The ending was far too Deus ex machina. and to a certain extent the extended one made it worse. having started with 3, then going back to do 1-2-3 in order, i realized just how much worse it was.

it's so fucking LOOOOONG and such sparse interaction i find myself playing boggle on my iPhone going through the whole prolonged song and dance. (and in a moment of absolute frustration, was so bored and pissed at how long it took, my first run through the extended dance remix of "Disappointment City, population: you" i turned around and took a pot shot at the kid, fuckin up everything and forcing me to sit through the entire fucking process again. (hi, can we save in segments during that boring us sequence? sure would be swell.)

the lack of a "victory lap" also kinda sucks. artistic vision whatever. if you play 100+ hours on something, would be nice to see the character enjoy some slight moment of enjoyment/celebration, even if nothing more than the crew looking to him as the leader and nodding in approval as (s)he walks down the ship after the suicide mission in 2.

and I thought the mix of characters in 2 was by far the best - enough variety so at least a couple people for everyone - and they pretty much did away with my favorites, relegating them to guest appearance roles in this one.

at least it mas multiplayer mode. in a rather stressful time in the real world, blaring metal, drinking a bunch of barley soda aiming fluid and blowing up wave after wave of mobs is fun.

I still think 1 had the most sort of freedom/exploration aspect (and I fucking LOVE the shoot out at the SI office prior to chasing Benezia... shooting the annoying butch guard in the face with the Spectre shotgun last night brought me far more amusement than it should have) , but 2 was easily my fave. 3 comes in a distant 3rd, pretty much almost entirely because of the ending.

Beginning to think that 1 and 2 might have set the bar too high (especially 2) for bioware to churn out an on-par sequel as fast as they did. Just got 3 yesterday, so it's probably way too early to start chucking a bunch of negative judgments on the thing, but so far everything about it looks choppy and feels rushed (could be because I'm playing it on ps3, though). Only at the hour 3ish mark, so I'm not going to give up playing it yet or anything, but by that time in 1 and 2--especially 2--I was hooked, whereas with this one I'm already getting a little itchy to blast through and wrap it up.
BitterCOld
OldBitterGringo

17.11.2012 at 19:36
Written by wormdrink414 on 17.11.2012 at 05:39

Beginning to think that 1 and 2 might have set the bar too high (especially 2) for bioware to churn out an on-par sequel as fast as they did. Just got 3 yesterday, so it's probably way too early to start chucking a bunch of negative judgments on the thing, but so far everything about it looks choppy and feels rushed (could be because I'm playing it on ps3, though). Only at the hour 3ish mark, so I'm not going to give up playing it yet or anything, but by that time in 1 and 2--especially 2--I was hooked, whereas with this one I'm already getting a little itchy to blast through and wrap it up.

just make sure you have several bottles of Deschutes around for the very end. not to give spoilers, but get them out before the absolute final assault.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.
IronAngel

24.11.2012 at 13:28
Fucking Steam Sale.I bought:
Amnesia: The Dark Descent
Awesomenauts
The Bard's Tale
Cave Story+
LIMBO
Portal + Portal II
Thief Collection (Gold/2/Deadly Shadows)

Finished LIMBO, it's short but very nice. I doubt it has much replay value, but it was dirt cheap and the level design was clever. Also played the first level of the first Thief, it was great fun. I'm probably behind the times, but after five minutes the graphics didn't even feel dated. Save with Cave Story, incredibly immersive and entertaining from the beginning. I imagine people much younger than me don't much care for it, because Playstation was already out when they started gaming. So yeah, it's a nostalgia trip, but also seems like a solid game.

Gonna buy Bioshock if it comes on daily/flash sale still.

Still need to finish the first Witcher, get back to Skyrim, and arse around in Terraria. Why are there so many video games?
Slayer666

24.11.2012 at 20:53
Written by IronAngel on 24.11.2012 at 13:28

Why are there so many video games?

I'm having the opposite problem. There's nothing worth playing ATM that I haven't already played.
It's like the video game industry wants me to get off the computer.
IronAngel

24.11.2012 at 21:30
Written by Slayer666 on 24.11.2012 at 20:53

I'm having the opposite problem. There's nothing worth playing ATM that I haven't already played.

Either you
1) play WAAAY too much
2) have a bad taste
3) didn't know where to look or
4) get bored of games too fast.

I'm half-kidding, but I can't imagine running out of games to play. Just between a few old favorites, there's potentially unlimited game hours if I bothered; you can always mod your Elder Scrolls games to hell and back, there's no shortage of great Civ IV mods even if you get sick of the vanilla, and there's never an excuse not to start Baldur's Gate again. Harvest Moon, Terraria, Minecraft, endless fun.

Granted, I'm the kind of player who gets caught in one or two games for a really long time, and then maybe tries a few new titles for a while. Before long, the old games feel fresh again. And much of my gaming time is spent online; used to play ridicilous amounts of Neverwinter Nights on a private RP server, and for the past 18 months I've been wasting my life away with League of Legends. If I only played single-player games, and with the mentality of finishing them and that's it, I would probably have the same problem.

Which reminds me, I really should get around to downloading Duck Tales one of these days!
Mattybu
#Kony2012

29.11.2012 at 23:34
Written by Slayer666 on 24.11.2012 at 20:53

Written by IronAngel on 24.11.2012 at 13:28

Why are there so many video games?

I think it's because the video game industry has become too much of a mainstream thing. As much as everyone gets on people for saying "that's too mainstream" all the time, video games are just looking more and more like products to be sold and profited on then something for the consumer to actually connect with. Prime examples are series like Call of Duty and Halo, that can get away with releasing the same boring, derivative game over and over again, and people eat it up, partly because of media power and commercials saying its THE MOST ANTICIPATED GAME OF THE YEAR and won 55 BEST OF E3 AWARDS etc.

Also, there is a lot more respect for nerdy people these days. We have shows like The Big Bang Theory (absolute bane of my existence) glorifying nerds and the things they do (and also being a prime example of exactly how not to use a laughtrack). Not there's anything wrong with nerdy stuff, but traditionally a nerd gets made fun of in school and such. But, I think society is moving away from that, and being geeky is starting to be seen as a good thing. Because lets face it, if your kid is playing video games with his friends or by themselves and being a nerdy kid, they're not getting into trouble. So the niche where nerd society was is just getting increasingly larger and larger - meaning it's turning into more of a marketplace then a place for people passionate about games to find truly good games (that's not to say these really good games don't exist anymore, though).

In turn, the target audience for video games is being expanded, and it's just blatant cash grabbing in this case. I'm talking about Just Dance and all the 10 sequels that have been released, exercise games, stuff like that. What's really ironic about these games is that you don't need a video game at all to do what they're doing in them. Fantasy games are fun because you can experience outlandish or epic things in them. If they're imaginative it can be really interesting to immerse yourself in a different universe. A game about dancing? You can dance around all you want in your living room, free of charge... It all baffles me to an extent, how anyone could feel value from a game like that.

Bit of a rant, but that's just the way I see things. I haven't been keeping up too much with the gaming world lately, but it doesn't seem to be in a particularly good place from what I can gather.
Edmund Fogg

30.11.2012 at 07:33
Written by Mattybu on 29.11.2012 at 23:34

Bit of a rant, but that's just the way I see things. I haven't been keeping up too much with the gaming world lately, but it doesn't seem to be in a particularly good place from what I can gather.

Ehm... Farcry3, Hitman Absolution, Borderland2, Assasssin's Creed3, Darksider2 etc... I'd say the gaming world is in good shape. I get what you're saying, but I prefer to look at the other side of the coin: A bigger pool of player means more genre crossing games and more specific games too, just like Metal.
----
IronAngel

30.11.2012 at 15:14
Ultimately, I bought 20 games from the Steam sale.

Amnesia
Awesomenauts
The Bard's Tale
Bastion
BioShock
BioShock 2
Cave Story+
Deus Ex GOTY
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Fallout Collection (1, 2, Tactics)
LIMBO
Portal
Portal 2
Civilization V GOTY (my friend had an extra copy of Gods & Kings and gave it as a gift since we play it together, woo)
Thief Collection
The Witcher 2

If you don't think the new games among those are worth playing, I don't know what to say. Civ V is the most fresh take on the series to date.

And just look at Don't Starve and Towns. They look promising as hell. Saying games are boring and mainstream nowadays by referencing Halo and Just Dance is like complaining modern popular music (including metal) is bad and making your point with Rebecca Black.
Slayer666

30.11.2012 at 16:31
Written by Edmund Fogg on 30.11.2012 at 07:33

Ehm... Farcry3, Hitman Absolution, Borderland2, Assasssin's Creed3, Darksider2 etc...

That's a grand total of 5 games you named, one of which is a ridiculously dumbed down console-like shitfest (I'll let you figure out which one that is).

I'm not saying gaming is exactly doomed, per se, but compared to the situation 3-4 years ago, it's definitively showing major signs of fatigue. Ffs, back then I had a lot more free time than now and still couldn't keep up with everything, and now when I can spend maybe 1-2 hours per day gaming (tops, usually less) I'm having trouble filling that time.

Also, one interesting fact, EVERY game you mentioned is a sequel. What's the last note-worthy game that appeared recently and wasn't a 10000th sequel to something? I can only think of Dishonored, to be honest. If that's not a sign of major idea shortage, I don't know what is.
IronAngel

30.11.2012 at 16:53
What games have you actually played? I can think of several interesting titles even in the mainstream gaming you seem interested in, released in the last two years or so. The big three last year were of course Skyrim, Dark Souls and Witcher 2. Skyrim's getting a second expansion soon. If you're into MMORPGs, Kingdoms of Amalur is a pretty cool single player game in that vein. The Walking Dead is pretty much universally acclaimed. On the strategy side, in addition to Civ V, Total War: Shogun 2 is pretty relevant. So is Sins of a Solar Empire. Bioshock Infinite coming up early next year. Miasmata looks pretty cool. Portal 2 is also undeniably great. And is there a better zombie survival game than the DayZ mod for ARMA2? Minecraft is still pretty much in development, and it's ingenious. What about Arkham Asylum and Arkham City, or Alan Wake?

And I'm not even talking about cheaper indie games with a smaller playerbase. That's where most of the innovation and really good gameplay is found.

If you look at the new, big budget games of any year, most of them are bound to be sequels. That's how it works. Most of the sequels mentioned in Edmund's and my posts are better than the originals. How many blockbusting mainstream games that are not sequels, not derivative money grabs, and show genuine innovation, do you actually expect per year?
Edmund Fogg

30.11.2012 at 22:48
Written by Slayer666 on 30.11.2012 at 16:31

That's a grand total of 5 games you named, one of which is a ridiculously dumbed down console-like shitfest (I'll let you figure out which one that is).

I'm not saying gaming is exactly doomed, per se, but compared to the situation 3-4 years ago, it's definitively showing major signs of fatigue. Ffs, back then I had a lot more free time than now and still couldn't keep up with everything, and now when I can spend maybe 1-2 hours per day gaming (tops, usually less) I'm having trouble filling that time.

Also, one interesting fact, EVERY game you mentioned is a sequel. What's the last note-worthy game that appeared recently and wasn't a 10000th sequel to something? I can only think of Dishonored, to be honest. If that's not a sign of major idea shortage, I don't know what is.

If your looking for innovation, I could pretty much list all the Greenlight titles from Steam. I'm not gonna list all of the games I find amazing and could play/replay anytime since it would take a shitload of time, but I find all of those I posted really good. If you cannot find what you like in games anymore, it might just be that you don't like gaming as much as you use too.
----
!J.O.O.E.!
Thought Police

30.11.2012 at 22:54
Written by Edmund Fogg on 30.11.2012 at 22:48

If you cannot find what you like in games anymore, it might just be that you don't like gaming as much as you use too.

I think this is certainly the case with me. As a child I could play any and all games and love them but these days it takes a very certain kind of game for me to enjoy it. I don't seem to do casual gaming. I either won't play it or I'll play it from the moment I wake up right through until 4am without eating the whole day.
----
Slayer666

01.12.2012 at 09:44
Written by Edmund Fogg on 30.11.2012 at 22:48

If you cannot find what you like in games anymore, it might just be that you don't like gaming as much as you use too.

Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 30.11.2012 at 22:54

I think this is certainly the case with me. As a child I could play any and all games and love them but these days it takes a very certain kind of game for me to enjoy it. I don't seem to do casual gaming. I either won't play it or I'll play it from the moment I wake up right through until 4am without eating the whole day.

I think this just might be it, actually. I dunno, I think I've become too much of a jaded fuck when it comes to entertainment. I'm beginning to notice it not just in games, but music/movies/books etc.

Oh, well. I guess it's back to some old favorites for now.
!J.O.O.E.!
Thought Police

03.12.2012 at 15:44
Far Cry 3 seems pretty damn decent from the first hour or so. Quite pretty. I can see why some people have called it Skyrim with guns.
----
psykometal
Staffpool

04.12.2012 at 02:31
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 03.12.2012 at 15:44

Far Cry 3 seems pretty damn decent from the first hour or so. Quite pretty. I can see why some people have called it Skyrim with guns.

Skyrim with guns you say...I think I will have to check that shit out...
----
~Zep~
!J.O.O.E.!
Thought Police

04.12.2012 at 02:41
Written by psykometal on 04.12.2012 at 02:31

Skyrim with guns you say...I think I will have to check that shit out...

I've been playing it for a few hours now, it's really rather good. The world is huge and there's a reasonable amount of stuff to do. I haven't even completed the first mission yet, have been hunting animals to get more ammo/holster/money etc. pouches, liberating outposts etc.
----

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 34

Login or register to post here.