‹‹ Back to the Recreation Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 34
Users visited: 309  
Search this topic:  

whatsacow

18.10.2013 at 08:57
Written by Mad Arab666 on 17.10.2013 at 20:26

I'm going to pick up GTA V tomorrow. To be honest I feel slightly skeptical about it. I was pretty hyped about it prior to the release but now I just feel underwhelmed. I think maybe I should pick up something else but I really feel like playing anything else at the moment.

The new WWE game looks pretty good.

How the fuck do you feel underwhelmed by a game you've never played? Are you psychic or something?

I HATED GTA IV with a passion, but I'm actually liking V. For starters, the missions aren't all fetch quests. There's variety in the map and ACTUALLY THINGS TO DO! There aren't constant dinner dates, it's not so realistic that you're bored to tears. So GTA V > IV. Although that's not saying much. Being fucked by a horse is less terrible than playing GTA IV.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
Mad Arab666

18.10.2013 at 19:42
Written by whatsacow on 18.10.2013 at 08:57

I'm going to pick up GTA V tomorrow. To be honest I feel slightly skeptical about it. I was pretty hyped about it prior to the release but now I just feel underwhelmed. I think maybe I should pick up something else but I really feel like playing anything else at the moment.

How the fuck do you feel underwhelmed by a game you've never played? Are you psychic or something?

I HATED GTA IV with a passion, but I'm actually liking V. For starters, the missions aren't all fetch quests. There's variety in the map and ACTUALLY THINGS TO DO! There aren't constant dinner dates, it's not so realistic that you're bored to tears. So GTA V > IV. Although that's not saying much. Being fucked by a horse is less terrible than playing GTA IV.

Maybe I should reconstructed my sentence better. What I meant was that the hype died down for me that to some extent that I didn't feel like getting it. I guess I bought into the negativity of those who claimed to had played the game but didn't like it which was bad of me. I guess it's also worth mentioning that I've been out if pocket for some time so I was afraid that I would make mistake buying it.

That being said I've picked the game up and feel a whole lot more positive now.
----
One does not simply rock into Blashyrkh
whatsacow

19.10.2013 at 02:35
Written by Mad Arab666 on 18.10.2013 at 19:42

Written by whatsacow on 18.10.2013 at 08:57

Maybe I should reconstructed my sentence better. What I meant was that the hype died down for me that to some extent that I didn't feel like getting it. I guess I bought into the negativity of those who claimed to had played the game but didn't like it which was bad of me. I guess it's also worth mentioning that I've been out if pocket for some time so I was afraid that I would make mistake buying it.

That being said I've picked the game up and feel a whole lot more positive now.

Ah ok. I saw your comment after already being shitty about judging things before they've even seen them, so I'm sorry if my comment came out of nowhere lol.

Look, there are lots of reasons to dislike gta v, but you should at least try it, and if you liked previous gta games, chances are you'll like this. It's just currently popular to hate on that game so a lot of people have jumped on the bandwagon.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
Frank Comstock

20.10.2013 at 21:36

GTA IV was painfully dull. I'm glad I gave GTA V a chance.
----
"You travel within the glory of my memories, insect. I can feel your fear as you tread the endless expanse of my mind. Make yourself comfortable... before long I will decorate my home with your carcass."
Mattybu

21.10.2013 at 02:41
Dead Island, game is fun as fuck, naturally I picked the mufuckin rapper as my character, who I am thinking may be a reference to Sam G, would be hilarious if he was. Kinda takes some of the scare element out as soon as you can pack a gat, but unless there's people around ammo is fairly scarce so I still do plenty of man to man brain bashing.
psykometal
Staffpool

22.10.2013 at 07:56
Written by Mattybu on 21.10.2013 at 02:41

Dead Island, game is fun as fuck, naturally I picked the mufuckin rapper as my character, who I am thinking may be a reference to Sam G, would be hilarious if he was. Kinda takes some of the scare element out as soon as you can pack a gat, but unless there's people around ammo is fairly scarce so I still do plenty of man to man brain bashing.

Dead Island was fun as fuck.
----
~Zep~
Mattybu

22.10.2013 at 20:50
Written by psykometal on 22.10.2013 at 07:56

Written by Mattybu on 21.10.2013 at 02:41

Dead Island was fun as fuck.

When you think about it, it's pretty hard to go wrong with the formula... The lovechild of the first person Fallout games, Borderlands, and throw some zombies and the option to play as a rapper in there, all good to me
!J.O.O.E.!
GZA

27.10.2013 at 17:11
Almost ashamed to say I've been playing that Naruto game that was just released for PC (Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 Full Metal Jacket Blast or some such). Have to say it's quite enjoyable from a visual and narrative perspective, especially as it kicks off almost exactly where I've seen Naruto up to so it's pretty handy. The fighting element is somewhat shallow though. Has 80 characters and most of them are effectively the same.

Also had a download of the Enslaved: Odyssey of the West game and I'm glad I didn't pay for it as it's a total botch job of a port. No V-sync or windowed option so it screen tears like shit, no graphics options to speak of aside from resolution and a really horrible blur effect in game which gives me motion sickness.
----
InnerSelf
R.I.P Syria

27.10.2013 at 20:39
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 27.10.2013 at 17:11

Almost ashamed to say I've been playing that Naruto game that was just released for PC (Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 Full Metal Jacket Blast or some such). Have to say it's quite enjoyable from a visual and narrative perspective, especially as it kicks off almost exactly where I've seen Naruto up to so it's pretty handy. The fighting element is somewhat shallow though. Has 80 characters and most of them are effectively the same.

You won't get the best of it until you play Free Battles ... I hate the anime and didn't bother continuing beyond the 100 episode mark (which was an achievement for me) but I gottta say that this game is my all time favorite VS game, ever ! And the 80 characters aren't the same, they developed the VS mode to a point where there're endless strategies for each character.
----

He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
!J.O.O.E.!
GZA

27.10.2013 at 20:44
Written by InnerSelf on 27.10.2013 at 20:39

You won't get the best of it until you play Free Battles ... I hate the anime and didn't bother continuing beyond the 100 episode mark (which was an achievement for me) but I gottta say that this game is my all time favorite VS game, ever ! And the 80 characters aren't the same, they developed the VS mode to a point where there're endless strategies for each character.

The only significant differences I've seen are the distance in which people can attack. A lot of the attacks only seem different from a superficial / visual standpoint; the button-bashing nature of combos for example. Once you're locked into them you use a replacement, once you're out you stand there until the combo ends. Ultimate Jutsus all seem to do the same damage. Admittedly many are more difficult to get to connect which I think is the weakness with this game, that many of the characters are unbalanced in their striking distance and don't seem to make up for the weakness in any other way. Certain characters like Lee appear to be able to hit quicker and further than others. Some characters have charged version of Ninkutsu whereas others don't so there's definitely some imbalance going on. The combat's enjoyable, but still seems rather one-dimensional to me and doesn't offer enough character variation for having 80 different characters to the point where I don't feel like I'm stronger with one than the other unless it's Kankuro or Onoki and the like as they generally all move at a similar speed and do the same amount of damage with their moves.
----
Lucas
Mr. Noise

28.10.2013 at 10:07
Super Mario 64 on the Nintendo 64. I've got 80 stars at the moment, bitch.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
InnerSelf
R.I.P Syria

29.10.2013 at 14:47
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 27.10.2013 at 20:44

The only significant differences I've seen are the distance in which people can attack. A lot of the attacks only seem different from a superficial / visual standpoint; the button-bashing nature of combos for example. Once you're locked into them you use a replacement, once you're out you stand there until the combo ends. Ultimate Jutsus all seem to do the same damage. Admittedly many are more difficult to get to connect which I think is the weakness with this game, that many of the characters are unbalanced in their striking distance and don't seem to make up for the weakness in any other way. Certain characters like Lee appear to be able to hit quicker and further than others. Some characters have charged version of Ninkutsu whereas others don't so there's definitely some imbalance going on. The combat's enjoyable, but still seems rather one-dimensional to me and doesn't offer enough character variation for having 80 different characters to the point where I don't feel like I'm stronger with one than the other unless it's Kankuro or Onoki and the like as they generally all move at a similar speed and do the same amount of damage with their moves.

Only thing in common with all the characters is how much damage a Jutsu/combo does except with the first Hokage, another significant differences in the Jutsus:
1- the ability to use a replacement when it hits you or if you'll have to take full damage.
2- the speed of the initiation (the fastest being Mifane)
Also, the range of the ultimate Jutsu for some characters (Kakashi and one of the Saskis can hit their ultimate from any place in the map)
Also there are two types of characters : the ones who can activate/deactivate their power mode whenever they want but can use it for a limited period of time and the others who can only activate it when they reach a certain point in their health bar.

And I think you were talking about the 1 vs 1 mode ... that one gets boring a bit fast. The mode that I play (religiously ) is the Team mode were you can choose two support characters that you can call (they use their jutsus when called), plus, depending on the mode of the support character (Defense, Attack, Balance) they do a range of different stuff when the support drive bar is filled: -the defense type guard you when someone runs at you and increase you susceptibility to damage
-the attack type assist you with the combos (making the combo's damage gigantic)
-balance type throw charged Ninkutsu with you.
besides, when the support drive bar is filled twice you get an extra type of attack the Team Ultimate.

I really recommend trying the Team VS mode.
----

He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
whatsacow

01.11.2013 at 07:11
Fuck Consolification.

Ok, so I played the original F.E.A.R. the other day, and apart from its stupid name, it was a lot of fun. The shootouts were amazingly tense and FUN! They involved thought, preperation, and skill to overcome, thanks entirely to the awesome A.I.

I played F.E.A.R 2 and it was shite. The pacing was gone and it was just shootout after shootout after shootout with fuck all exploration. The firefights were now of the spray and pray variety, with enemies being borderline retarded, and going down surprisingly easily. I had to sit through 15 minutes of forced exposition while my team did everything from block movement and open doors for me. Seriously, fuck this shit.
----
BreadGod
Captain Virgin

02.11.2013 at 23:48
Cookie Clicker. It's taken over my life.
----
Death Metal Bread
MAH BLAAGH
8chan
Quote:
Clearly your a virgin, go join captain virgin and the virginteers , the power is your lol
Uldreth

03.11.2013 at 16:12
Finished Saints Row 4. Not a perfect game by any means but holy shit, never before managed a game to make me laugh so much.
Dead Eternity

07.11.2013 at 16:27
Finished God of War III. Bloodier than the previous games.
I really liked how it ended. Will there be a sequel? It feels like the story already ended in III.
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal

07.11.2013 at 16:53
I played the DX:HR but I just downloaded DXHR:Directors Cut...can't wait to play it!
----
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPfaQJuWGvU
IronAngel

07.11.2013 at 21:24
Written by tea[m]ster on 07.11.2013 at 16:53

I played the DX:HR but I just downloaded DXHR:Directors Cut...can't wait to play it!

Meh, I'm in the middle of the vanilla version. Up to the first boss fight now, and I can see why the complaints. It's utter BS, completely different genre than the rest of the game. I've only head-shotted some people with a silenced handgun so far (before I got the multi-knockout aug), and maybe once had to resort to assault rifle against a few baddies. I haven't taken any offensive or defensive augs, just exploration-related. It's fucking hard on the highest difficulty, and not fun at all. It's not Deus Ex at all to be forced to walk into a closed room and get caught from behind like a dumbass.

All in all, it's a good game but rather pales in comparison to the original. The AI is still very dumb for a 2011 game, and I hate how guards make a general alert the split-second they spot you. There's quite a lot of hand-holding in directing you to alternative solutions and secret paths, and the area design is quite repetitive. It's still a quality game, and I like the openness as well as the clever use of augmentations (though what's up with only charging energy reserves with candy bars?), it just could have been polished some more.
!J.O.O.E.!
GZA

08.11.2013 at 20:16
Written by IronAngel on 07.11.2013 at 21:24

Up to the first boss fight now, and I can see why the complaints. It's utter BS, completely different genre than the rest of the game.

They might as well be; the boss fights were outsourced to a different company for some reason.
----
Mattybu

09.11.2013 at 01:16
After finishing up Dead Island GOTY (AWESOME, AWESOME GAME) on my lovely Playstation 3 I noticed I didn't really have that many hard trophies left in Dead Space other than the Impossible mode one and One Gun. So I cleaned all the ones other than those 2 up, strapped in and threw on my man diaper (admittedly the game is slightly less scary 3rd time through but certain parts always get me like the lady cackling who shoots her brains out) and did the game on impossible with only the plasma cutter. it wasn't really that hard, basically you die if shit touches you but it's really a matter of managing fights/stasis well, try to keep shit from being behind you and if there's too many of the little tentacle fuckers around stasis them and kill them one at a time. Really though, Dead Space is a classic game, one of my favourites ever for sure.

The hardest part was when the plasma cutter wasn't upgraded a lot. Since the damage sucked had to pump serious shots into things even just to take their arms off and you run out of ammo real fast. Don't wanna have to be using the piss poor (albeit badass) melee attacks in impossible mode I can remember there was maybe 3-5 parts in the game I really had to try a few times to get through. One I was out of ammo and running around like crazy and the game decided to autosave on me, so it kept reloading me after an autosave checkpoint with no ammo and enough health that one shot would kill me. I ended up using kinesis and throwing a fire extinguisher at the fucker that was chasing me around to kind of knock it back, then went in and had to do the old curb stomp on his head. then he dropped some ammo and I took it from there but that shit was hectic. Also I admit there was times in that playthrough I had no ammo and like on the way to the tram I would just stasis shit and run past it to get to the next level and the store lol.
-DC-002-
Mastercommander

10.11.2013 at 11:59
Written by Mattybu on 09.11.2013 at 01:16

After finishing up Dead Island GOTY (AWESOME, AWESOME GAME)

I think you mean Dead Space... bro
----
Coldgrits
IronAngel

10.11.2013 at 12:42
Written by -DC-002- on 10.11.2013 at 11:59

No. His very first sentence clearly states that after finishing Dead Island, he picked up Dead Space.
Mattybu

10.11.2013 at 16:33
Yeah that was typo free, if not easy to misread just cause the games both start with "dead" and coincidentally they are both very enjoyable games.
The Shape 1973

10.11.2013 at 16:51

Written by tea[m]ster on 07.11.2013 at 16:53

Meh, I'm in the middle of the vanilla version. Up to the first boss fight now, and I can see why the complaints. It's utter BS, completely different genre than the rest of the game. I've only head-shotted some people with a silenced handgun so far (before I got the multi-knockout aug), and maybe once had to resort to assault rifle against a few baddies. I haven't taken any offensive or defensive augs, just exploration-related. It's fucking hard on the highest difficulty, and not fun at all. It's not Deus Ex at all to be forced to walk into a closed room and get caught from behind like a dumbass.

All in all, it's a good game but rather pales in comparison to the original. The AI is still very dumb for a 2011 game, and I hate how guards make a general alert the split-second they spot you. There's quite a lot of hand-holding in directing you to alternative solutions and secret paths, and the area design is quite repetitive. It's still a quality game, and I like the openness as well as the clever use of augmentations (though what's up with only charging energy reserves with candy bars?), it just could have been polished some more.

Probably my favourite game of all time. The boss fights got a lot of stick when it came out. I don't mind them though.

Not worth paying for the DLC, very disappointing, adds nothing to the game.

Went through the whole game to get the achievement for not killing anyone, didn't pop as didn't know that tranquilizing someone in the face killed them. Bummer.
----
Opinions are like arseholes. Everybody has one....and they usually smell of shit.
The Shape 1973

10.11.2013 at 16:52
Just finished the first play through of GTA 5. I love Trevor.
----
Opinions are like arseholes. Everybody has one....and they usually smell of shit.
!J.O.O.E.!
GZA

10.11.2013 at 16:56
Written by The Shape 1973 on 10.11.2013 at 16:51

Went through the whole game to get the achievement for not killing anyone, didn't pop as didn't know that tranquilizing someone in the face killed them. Bummer.

Tried doing the same before I killed someone just by breaking through one of the walls and getting an instant kill cut-scene. Fucking stupid.
----
The Shape 1973

10.11.2013 at 17:04
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 10.11.2013 at 16:56

Written by The Shape 1973 on 10.11.2013 at 16:51

Tried doing the same before I killed someone just by breaking through one of the walls and getting an instant kill cut-scene. Fucking stupid.

Yep! Did that one too. Should have bought the aug that lets you see through walls. I'm so stupid.
----
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal

10.11.2013 at 17:09

it just could have been polished some more.

I realize the game has flaws but the positives outweigh the negatives. I will try not to spoil it for you in case you continue playing:

POSITIVES
+ The story line and voice acting are AAA quality.
+ The music/score is outstanding, perfect for the time and place. Michael McCann's best work.
+ Art direction/visuals are breathtaking.
+ Many different paths to take...replay value extremely high.
+ A ton of augmentations to choose from.

NEGATIVES
- Boss fights, no choice but to fight/kill them (I believe that's been changed in the Directors Cut).
- Hacking becomes very tedious.
- Inventory small, need more space for items.
- Hubs feel "small", a lot of walking around, no interaction.
- Gun play average at best for a FPS.

This game is in my top 5 of all time. The political/ethical debates at hand seem lifelike and the gameplay, graphics and sound only enhance it.
----
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPfaQJuWGvU
IronAngel

10.11.2013 at 19:37
I'm curious: did you people actually ike it more than Deus Ex? Sure, HR has ten years of technological advancement on the former, but the map design was a lot better. It all felt more expansive and open-ended. I just kept getting lost in the Hong Kong waterways and stumbled into meat lockers and hideouts that were just there for the heck of it. And as far as personal taste goes, the original felt darker and more destitute. Plus, Anna Navarre and Gunther Herrmann were cooler than the baddies that broke into Sarif.

Definitely a 8/10 game so far, I'm not ragging on it. There's just a little too much handholding when it comes to exploring (NPCs openly chat about secret routes that are easy to find anyway) and the AI is really dumb.
-DC-002-
Mastercommander

11.11.2013 at 02:36
Written by IronAngel on 10.11.2013 at 12:42

Written by -DC-002- on 10.11.2013 at 11:59

No. His very first sentence clearly states that after finishing Dead Island, he picked up Dead Space.

kind of clear but not really cuz he didn't add a period... He had two different topics in one sentence. Whatever though

I liked Dead Island as well. I tried playing the second one and I could barely start it. I liked the combat and gameplay in the first one but the second is literally the same game with a new playable character, and a few more mods, or to any normal person, it was just an expensive expansion pack. Never really played Dead Space but I know its good.
sorry disregard this I see what you did there
----
Coldgrits

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 34

Login or register to post here.