‹‹ Back to the Recreation Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 34
Users visited: 314  
Search this topic:  

Frank Comstock

14.11.2013 at 08:16
So I finished Burial At Sea.

Damn, I wasn't disappointed, more like surprised at how good it was. Reviews are fine I guess and everybody is entitled to give it whatever the hell they want. Me personally, probably around an 8.5 out of 10. Took me around four hours to finish.
----
"You travel within the glory of my memories, insect. I can feel your fear as you tread the endless expanse of my mind. Make yourself comfortable... before long I will decorate my home with your carcass."
IronAngel

15.11.2013 at 12:56
Latest Humble Bundle has some good WB games, namely Batman: Arkham Asylum and Arkham City GOTYs, Mortal Kombat Kollection, the F.E.A.R series and some LotR games. And Scribblenauts.
!J.O.O.E.!
GZA

15.11.2013 at 18:39
Spent the last week being totally absorbed in XCOM: Enemy Unknown. What a thoroughly brilliant game. Thankfully I just noticed that Shadowrun Returns has just been released, so that's perfect to keep my strategy RPG binge going.
----
Mattybu

16.11.2013 at 04:21
Been playing NHL 14 recently. I don't care enough about the game to go into hardcore mode and do all the ultimate team jazz and everything but season mode and showdowns with buddies when they come over are as good as it gets. Be A Pro is alright as well, but also another thing where there's a lot of micromanagement and ain't nobody got time for that.

Todd Bertuzzi going macho leading the league in goals in season mode is great lol.
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist

16.11.2013 at 04:28
Written by Mattybu on 16.11.2013 at 04:21
...a lot of micromanagement and ain't nobody got time for that.

That's actually my favorite aspect of the game. I hardly even play anymore, I mostly just manage. I wish they expanded more on the Euro and junior leagues, though. :/

When I do play, my favorite thing to do is headhunt star players with my goons to start a fight, or hit players from behind into the boards. I'm not sure what this says about me as a person.
----
Prettier than BloodTears.
Mattybu

16.11.2013 at 05:33
Written by Troy Killjoy on 16.11.2013 at 04:28

That's actually my favorite aspect of the game. I hardly even play anymore, I mostly just manage. I wish they expanded more on the Euro and junior leagues, though. :/

When I do play, my favorite thing to do is headhunt star players with my goons to start a fight, or hit players from behind into the boards. I'm not sure what this says about me as a person.

Yeah, I'm not saying I can't see the merit and if anything I applaud them for adding those options and that much depth to the game but I'm just not that into hockey in video game format as I am in real life format to go there

I have started my season as the Red Wings (priority move #1: see ya Jimmy Howard, hello Jonathan Bernier and Dave Bolland, sorry Toronto) and I love how my team is shaping up. It's basically everything good about the real Red Wings, and with Howard gone and me being able to control Quincey's turnovers, everything bad gone

don't worry though, there are plenty of late hits, shooting at the goalie after offside whistles, and steamrolling the other team's stars for me as well, you aren't the only one. Claude Giroux got Kronwalled straight to the IR in our first game against the Flyers. considering how rarely the real wings fight these days it's ridiculous how unrealistic my team is. I even managed to get Pavek Datsyuk into a fight in 4 on 4 cause Bertuzzi wasn't on the ice to enforce - which he won against some random defenseman on the Blue Jackets. And it's just a badass hockey fan ongoing wet dream to have Todd Bertuzzi as my enforcer/top offensive player.

Having fun with NHL 14 brings me back to the good old days, the only other NHL game I used to play was NHL 2004. And let me tell you, the Red Wings had some unbelievable guys in the squad that year, including my favourite NHL player of all time between the pipes, the Dominator.
IronAngel

17.11.2013 at 14:05
Someone help me.

There's this game I'm thinking of. I don't know the name, I don't know the genre, I'm not entirely sure on the platform (but I think it's a PC game). And I'm not sure what the cover looks like.

Anyway, the name is two words. It's something a little unusual that doesn't make the genre obvious. Maybe it has to do with metal, the ocean, space, machines, something cold? Steel something? Maybe not. The cover is, I think, some kind of a dark machine or metal, blueish or grayish perhaps. It's something I've seen mentioned on lists and in connection with other games (not sure if space shooters, sci-fi RPGs, stealth games, strategy, simulation or smth else), so it's probably a bit of a cult classic.

WHAT IS THAT GAME!??
whatsacow

17.11.2013 at 18:48
Written by IronAngel on 17.11.2013 at 14:05

Someone help me.

There's this game I'm thinking of. I don't know the name, I don't know the genre, I'm not entirely sure on the platform (but I think it's a PC game). And I'm not sure what the cover looks like.

Anyway, the name is two words. It's something a little unusual that doesn't make the genre obvious. Maybe it has to do with metal, the ocean, space, machines, something cold? Steel something? Maybe not. The cover is, I think, some kind of a dark machine or metal, blueish or grayish perhaps. It's something I've seen mentioned on lists and in connection with other games (not sure if space shooters, sci-fi RPGs, stealth games, strategy, simulation or smth else), so it's probably a bit of a cult classic.

WHAT IS THAT GAME!??

System Shock 2? That's the only thing I can think of.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
IronAngel

17.11.2013 at 20:00
Unfortunately not. Mind you, I don't actually know the game's genre so it could be anything. There was a connection to some other game/genre, so maybe I just thought it was with Deus Ex/System Shock II and came up with those genre ideas. I made a mental note to check it out when I had the time, but now I don't remember it anymore.
!J.O.O.E.!
GZA

18.11.2013 at 01:16
The only thing I can think of is Beneath a Steel Sky. Not two words though...
----
!J.O.O.E.!
GZA

18.11.2013 at 15:54
Playing Baldur's Gate II. Never managed to get into any of these fangled PC isometric CRPGs before (think Dragon Age is probably the closest, which I enjoyed a lot), but seeing how revered it is I thought I'd give it another proper go. Made it out the first tutorial dungeon place and it's ok. I really don't like the combat though; so clunky and feels so inelegant and imprecise because of the whole d&d rolls thing and generally feels and looks like a mess of not really knowing what's going on. Much prefer turn-based strategy to this real-time pause / unpause malarky (at least for these kind of games). Going to stick with it though as the characters seem decent and I suspect there's a good story to be had. Rather pleased to hear David Warner and Jim Cummings doing voice work.

But yeah, went for a Halfing, Fighter/Thief multi-class so will see how far that gets me.
----
IronAngel

18.11.2013 at 18:34
The series is probably in my top 3 games of all time (I like to play both games and expansions in the BGII engine, with the BG Tutu mod). Maybe it's because I'm a D&D and FR geek. I love the combat and the whole teambuilding aspect of it. It's more flexible and, IMO, easier and clearer to control than Dragon Age (which was also a very good game). But yeah, I wish there was an option for clearer turn-based game. For all its many flaws, I actually liked the hardcore D&D strategy experience of Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor.

But overall, I like the 2e AD&D rules system. It's more restrictive than 3e (Neverwinter Nights), but gives you tough choices. It's really fun to build characters with it. Despite the infuriatingly unintuitive THAC0-system to determine chance of hitting.
Mr. Doctor
Skandino

18.11.2013 at 18:35
The only games in that vein I ever played are Icewind Dale I & II (The second one is the best but both are nice).
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
IronAngel

18.11.2013 at 18:58
They're both on my to-play list. I understand the combat is tweaked and improved somewhat, and that they're more combat-oriented dungeon-crawls than story campaigns. Given how few good D&D video games there are (NWN was actually really bad in single-player, and NWN2 isn't much better apart from the Mask of the Betrayer expansion, Temple of Elemental Evil was just crappy), I'll take anything I can get.
BitterCOld
Ghost COsmonaut

20.11.2013 at 07:31
Written by Troy Killjoy on 16.11.2013 at 04:28

doing FIFA 14, but teh same boat on manager mode. like trying to sell whiny bitches high while bringing in talented younger players on the cheap. transfer window time is about as much fun as gameplay.

one is drinking twitch time, the other is chess.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.
BitterCOld
Ghost COsmonaut

21.11.2013 at 03:17
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 18.11.2013 at 15:54

Playing Baldur's Gate II. Never managed to get into any of these fangled PC isometric CRPGs before (think Dragon Age is probably the closest, which I enjoyed a lot), but seeing how revered it is I thought I'd give it another proper go. Made it out the first tutorial dungeon place and it's ok. I really don't like the combat though; so clunky and feels so inelegant and imprecise because of the whole d&d rolls thing and generally feels and looks like a mess of not really knowing what's going on. Much prefer turn-based strategy to this real-time pause / unpause malarky (at least for these kind of games). Going to stick with it though as the characters seem decent and I suspect there's a good story to be had. Rather pleased to hear David Warner and Jim Cummings doing voice work.

But yeah, went for a Halfing, Fighter/Thief multi-class so will see how far that gets me.

Will be redoing that one after I complete the first one.

BG2 was THE GAME back in the day. Yeah, it's a D&D style which makes combat odd... but the NPCs are awesome. It's a game where they interact with each other,which adds depth.

Always picked likeminded individuals in this one - good for goodish characters, evil if evil.

When starting from Baldur's Gate fresh, I didn't know fuck all about the story, the places, etc... just grabbed the first five I could. Two were a neutral/good pair, two were an evil pair. Had them in my party for an environmental/wandering monster encounter on the way to the next town... got to the Inn and they escalated from chirping at one another to a full on battle to the death. Imoen and I just walked away and had the lone survivor of the 2 v 2 chaos rejoin the party.

Even the similar folks will get pissy with each other. Stuff like that really made the game awesome to play.

And as an easter egg, when you go to the big vendor/weapon shop in Amn, if you go to the back wall and look closely at some portraits, it's of characters from that old 80's Dungeons & Dragons cartoon.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.
Frank Comstock

22.11.2013 at 20:35
For those of you that have a Vita, I just purchased Tearaway and I think it's amazing. Definitely worth purchasing.
----
"You travel within the glory of my memories, insect. I can feel your fear as you tread the endless expanse of my mind. Make yourself comfortable... before long I will decorate my home with your carcass."
whatsacow

23.11.2013 at 16:42
Ass Creed 4 finally came out on PC. Surprisingly not shit.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
Pétur

23.11.2013 at 18:53
Playing Don't Starve now, a fun little indie title that is very addictive. It is a survival game, it doesn't really have any story but it is a real good pick it up type of game.

----
Saelig Se
Mattybu

26.11.2013 at 20:31
Written by whatsacow on 23.11.2013 at 16:42

Ass Creed 4 finally came out on PC. Surprisingly not shit.

started from the bottom now we here

started from the bottom now my whole team

here
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook

26.11.2013 at 22:21
GTA 5 all day.

Still hcore waiting for a new fallout. I've beaten New Vegas 17 times.
----
forever bummed out
IronAngel

26.11.2013 at 23:49
I have a master's thesis to write, so of course I started a playthrough of Chrono Trigger (I was a kid when I last played it years ago) and Might & Magic VI: The Mandate of Heaven. The latter is really fun. Inspired me to continue my Skyrim save, Kahjit illusionist/vampire wannabe. Skyrim just doesn't have that sense feel of epic and exploration that M&MVI has, though. I may have to play Daggerfall one of these days, I suspect I'll like it a lot. Nothing like old school RPGs. Got the Ultima Underworlds and Fallout 1 & 2 on my list next. Embarrassed I haven't played the latter, they're probably right up my alley. Also downloaded some SNES roms: Earthbound, Shadowrun, and Final Fantasy VI (I have it on PS of course).

Anyone played Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magic Obscure (or something like that)? I am not sure about the gameplay and story, but at first glance it seems like something I'd love.
Mattybu

27.11.2013 at 23:39
Skyrim pretty much sucks ass IMO. I will probably get around to finishing through the game once out of pure respect for Bethesda but really, one of the most overrated games. not quite Call of Duty level but getting there.

Also Chrono Trigger is pretty much the best RPG of all time.
IronAngel

28.11.2013 at 00:03
Written by Mattybu on 27.11.2013 at 23:39

Skyrim pretty much sucks ass IMO. I will probably get around to finishing through the game once out of pure respect for Bethesda but really, one of the most overrated games. not quite Call of Duty level but getting there.

I think Skyrim was a big improvement over Oblivion, tbh. Not on par with Morrowind, but I can't say I have many complaints about its gameplay and world. The storytelling is much improved, but mods are still the main attraction. An openworld adventure game like that has its limits, but it met my expectations. I wish they had returned skills from Morrowind, but the perk system was a good idea (if somewhat unbalanced in execution). Overrated, though? Absolutely, but so is any game that will hit the charts, by definition.

As for Chrono Trigger, playing it again with more gaming experience and just overall perspective, it's not that amazing either. The story is exciting and has a good flow, the dungeons generally aren't too long (something many JRPGs are guilty of), the characters are really cool. But it has its issues. The combat gets tedious and doesn't have that much room for strategy. Choice in character development is non-existent (and I mean that in mechanical terms, but they don't go through much mental growth either); all you get is some combos for keeping specific characters in party together. The game is mostly linear, with a few chances to go explore something but usually you'd go there later anyway. And given its age and genre, it has all those typical JRPG problems of storytelling with minimal (ofteh charicatured, superficial) dialogue, cutscenes or reading material to flesh out the story. These aren't glaring flaws; they're part of the game's style. But they do keep it from reaching a level of depth, both in story and strategy, that would elevate it to one of the greatest games ever.

It's a fun romp and a captivating story. I'd give it a 8,5/10.
Mattybu

28.11.2013 at 00:08
Written by IronAngel on 28.11.2013 at 00:03

Written by Mattybu on 27.11.2013 at 23:39

I think Skyrim was a big improvement over Oblivion, tbh. Not on par with Morrowind, but I can't say I have many complaints about its gameplay and world. The storytelling is much improved, but mods are still the main attraction. An openworld adventure game like that has its limits, but it met my expectations. I wish they had returned skills from Morrowind, but the perk system was a good idea (if somewhat unbalanced in execution). Overrated, though? Absolutely, but so is any game that will hit the charts, by definition.

As for Chrono Trigger, playing it again with more gaming experience and just overall perspective, it's not that amazing either. The story is exciting and has a good flow, the dungeons generally aren't too long (something many JRPGs are guilty of), the characters are really cool. But it has its issues. The combat gets tedious and doesn't have that much room for strategy. Choice in character development is non-existent (and I mean that in mechanical terms, but they don't go through much mental growth either); all you get is some combos for keeping specific characters in party together. The game is mostly linear, with a few chances to go explore something but usually you'd go there later anyway. And given its age and genre, it has all those typical JRPG problems of storytelling with minimal (ofteh charicatured, superficial) dialogue, cutscenes or reading material to flesh out the story. These aren't glaring flaws; they're part of the game's style. But they do keep it from reaching a level of depth, both in story and strategy, that would elevate it to one of the greatest games ever.

I have Oblivion too and am actually playing through it as well; better than Skyrim IMO. I find it slightly less gimmicky I guess at times, even though both Oblivion and Skyrim are plenty gimmicky. The worst thing about Oblivion is probably getting booked for stealing shit when you are completely alone... classic stupidity Really though I don't enjoy either of those games anywhere near as much as Fallout.

As for Chrono Trigger, it has to be the best RPG for me, I kinda see where you are coming from but I wouldn't change anything about it. On a straight up level of fun and being able to connect with the story, it beats anything I have played before. Not to mention originality, it is a very creative premise for a game.
!J.O.O.E.!
GZA

28.11.2013 at 00:48
The non-psychic guards mod on Oblivion is mandatory.

Have to say though, I prefer Chrono Cross to Chrono Trigger. I did play it first though. I imagine if I played Trigger in my youth it would probably be my all time favourite game.
----
Mattybu

28.11.2013 at 02:27
I actually haven't played it in a while. That being said I rarely play through RPGs more than once and Chrono Trigger is one that I can say I played through multiple times back when I first got it. As far as it's place on the all time list, it's probably at about 4 or 5. Competing with the likes of Metal Gear Solid 3, Fallout 3, Pokemon Blue, and the #1 lock Shadow of the Colossus.
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook

28.11.2013 at 22:19
Fallout 3 remains my favorite of all time. Such a cold and lifeless atmosphere. I hope they return to it in the newly announced Fallout 4.
----
forever bummed out
!J.O.O.E.!
GZA

28.11.2013 at 22:25
I always found New Vegas to be the superior game despite the initial bugs it came with. Fallout 3 was great though. Have Fallout 2 installed which I will commence playing when I figure out how to solve the colour glitch.
----
IronAngel

28.11.2013 at 23:44
I should pick up the new Fallouts at some point, too. 3 didn't exactly grab me when I tried it. I will play the original two first, though, and I am almost certain I will prefer them. More dialogue and story, less roaming around shooting stuff in a sandbox, as far as I understand. Can't go wrong with that.

Also, Steam sale. Not much interesting on there, though. I want XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Dark Souls, Shadowrun Returns (not gonna be on a good discount though), Jade Empire and Fable. The latter is at -75% all week and I'll probably get it when/if I buy something else, and the others I may grab if they get -75% too. Especially Jade Empire.

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 34

Login or register to post here.