‹‹ Back to the Recreation Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 34
Users visited: 309  
Search this topic:  

-DC-002-
Mastercommander

10.11.2013 at 11:59
Written by Mattybu on 09.11.2013 at 01:16

After finishing up Dead Island GOTY (AWESOME, AWESOME GAME)

I think you mean Dead Space... bro
----
Coldgrits
IronAngel

10.11.2013 at 12:42
Written by -DC-002- on 10.11.2013 at 11:59

No. His very first sentence clearly states that after finishing Dead Island, he picked up Dead Space.
Mattybu

10.11.2013 at 16:33
Yeah that was typo free, if not easy to misread just cause the games both start with "dead" and coincidentally they are both very enjoyable games.
The Shape 1973

10.11.2013 at 16:51
Written by IronAngel on 07.11.2013 at 21:24

Written by tea[m]ster on 07.11.2013 at 16:53

I played the DX:HR but I just downloaded DXHR:Directors Cut...can't wait to play it!

Meh, I'm in the middle of the vanilla version. Up to the first boss fight now, and I can see why the complaints. It's utter BS, completely different genre than the rest of the game. I've only head-shotted some people with a silenced handgun so far (before I got the multi-knockout aug), and maybe once had to resort to assault rifle against a few baddies. I haven't taken any offensive or defensive augs, just exploration-related. It's fucking hard on the highest difficulty, and not fun at all. It's not Deus Ex at all to be forced to walk into a closed room and get caught from behind like a dumbass.

All in all, it's a good game but rather pales in comparison to the original. The AI is still very dumb for a 2011 game, and I hate how guards make a general alert the split-second they spot you. There's quite a lot of hand-holding in directing you to alternative solutions and secret paths, and the area design is quite repetitive. It's still a quality game, and I like the openness as well as the clever use of augmentations (though what's up with only charging energy reserves with candy bars?), it just could have been polished some more.

Probably my favourite game of all time. The boss fights got a lot of stick when it came out. I don't mind them though.

Not worth paying for the DLC, very disappointing, adds nothing to the game.

Went through the whole game to get the achievement for not killing anyone, didn't pop as didn't know that tranquilizing someone in the face killed them. Bummer.
----
Opinions are like arseholes. Everybody has one....and they usually smell of shit.
The Shape 1973

10.11.2013 at 16:52
Just finished the first play through of GTA 5. I love Trevor.
----
Opinions are like arseholes. Everybody has one....and they usually smell of shit.
!J.O.O.E.!
GZA

10.11.2013 at 16:56
Written by The Shape 1973 on 10.11.2013 at 16:51

Went through the whole game to get the achievement for not killing anyone, didn't pop as didn't know that tranquilizing someone in the face killed them. Bummer.

Tried doing the same before I killed someone just by breaking through one of the walls and getting an instant kill cut-scene. Fucking stupid.
----
The Shape 1973

10.11.2013 at 17:04
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 10.11.2013 at 16:56

Written by The Shape 1973 on 10.11.2013 at 16:51

Tried doing the same before I killed someone just by breaking through one of the walls and getting an instant kill cut-scene. Fucking stupid.

Yep! Did that one too. Should have bought the aug that lets you see through walls. I'm so stupid.
----
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal

10.11.2013 at 17:09
Written by IronAngel on 07.11.2013 at 21:24

it just could have been polished some more.

I realize the game has flaws but the positives outweigh the negatives. I will try not to spoil it for you in case you continue playing:

POSITIVES
+ The story line and voice acting are AAA quality.
+ The music/score is outstanding, perfect for the time and place. Michael McCann's best work.
+ Art direction/visuals are breathtaking.
+ Many different paths to take...replay value extremely high.
+ A ton of augmentations to choose from.

NEGATIVES
- Boss fights, no choice but to fight/kill them (I believe that's been changed in the Directors Cut).
- Hacking becomes very tedious.
- Inventory small, need more space for items.
- Hubs feel "small", a lot of walking around, no interaction.
- Gun play average at best for a FPS.

This game is in my top 5 of all time. The political/ethical debates at hand seem lifelike and the gameplay, graphics and sound only enhance it.
----
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPfaQJuWGvU
IronAngel

10.11.2013 at 19:37
I'm curious: did you people actually ike it more than Deus Ex? Sure, HR has ten years of technological advancement on the former, but the map design was a lot better. It all felt more expansive and open-ended. I just kept getting lost in the Hong Kong waterways and stumbled into meat lockers and hideouts that were just there for the heck of it. And as far as personal taste goes, the original felt darker and more destitute. Plus, Anna Navarre and Gunther Herrmann were cooler than the baddies that broke into Sarif.

Definitely a 8/10 game so far, I'm not ragging on it. There's just a little too much handholding when it comes to exploring (NPCs openly chat about secret routes that are easy to find anyway) and the AI is really dumb.
-DC-002-
Mastercommander

11.11.2013 at 02:36
Written by IronAngel on 10.11.2013 at 12:42

Written by -DC-002- on 10.11.2013 at 11:59

No. His very first sentence clearly states that after finishing Dead Island, he picked up Dead Space.

kind of clear but not really cuz he didn't add a period... He had two different topics in one sentence. Whatever though

I liked Dead Island as well. I tried playing the second one and I could barely start it. I liked the combat and gameplay in the first one but the second is literally the same game with a new playable character, and a few more mods, or to any normal person, it was just an expensive expansion pack. Never really played Dead Space but I know its good.
sorry disregard this I see what you did there
----
Coldgrits
Frank Comstock

11.11.2013 at 04:30
Anybody else excited for Burial at Sea? Going back to Rapture...
----
"You travel within the glory of my memories, insect. I can feel your fear as you tread the endless expanse of my mind. Make yourself comfortable... before long I will decorate my home with your carcass."
Jessie J

13.11.2013 at 23:59
These days, it's mostly Battlefield 4, Call of Duty: Ghosts and WWE 2K14.
----
Frank Comstock

14.11.2013 at 08:16
So I finished Burial At Sea.

Damn, I wasn't disappointed, more like surprised at how good it was. Reviews are fine I guess and everybody is entitled to give it whatever the hell they want. Me personally, probably around an 8.5 out of 10. Took me around four hours to finish.
----
"You travel within the glory of my memories, insect. I can feel your fear as you tread the endless expanse of my mind. Make yourself comfortable... before long I will decorate my home with your carcass."
IronAngel

15.11.2013 at 12:56
Latest Humble Bundle has some good WB games, namely Batman: Arkham Asylum and Arkham City GOTYs, Mortal Kombat Kollection, the F.E.A.R series and some LotR games. And Scribblenauts.
!J.O.O.E.!
GZA

15.11.2013 at 18:39
Spent the last week being totally absorbed in XCOM: Enemy Unknown. What a thoroughly brilliant game. Thankfully I just noticed that Shadowrun Returns has just been released, so that's perfect to keep my strategy RPG binge going.
----
Mattybu

16.11.2013 at 04:21
Been playing NHL 14 recently. I don't care enough about the game to go into hardcore mode and do all the ultimate team jazz and everything but season mode and showdowns with buddies when they come over are as good as it gets. Be A Pro is alright as well, but also another thing where there's a lot of micromanagement and ain't nobody got time for that.

Todd Bertuzzi going macho leading the league in goals in season mode is great lol.
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist

16.11.2013 at 04:28
Written by Mattybu on 16.11.2013 at 04:21
...a lot of micromanagement and ain't nobody got time for that.

That's actually my favorite aspect of the game. I hardly even play anymore, I mostly just manage. I wish they expanded more on the Euro and junior leagues, though. :/

When I do play, my favorite thing to do is headhunt star players with my goons to start a fight, or hit players from behind into the boards. I'm not sure what this says about me as a person.
----
Prettier than BloodTears.
Mattybu

16.11.2013 at 05:33
Written by Troy Killjoy on 16.11.2013 at 04:28

That's actually my favorite aspect of the game. I hardly even play anymore, I mostly just manage. I wish they expanded more on the Euro and junior leagues, though. :/

When I do play, my favorite thing to do is headhunt star players with my goons to start a fight, or hit players from behind into the boards. I'm not sure what this says about me as a person.

Yeah, I'm not saying I can't see the merit and if anything I applaud them for adding those options and that much depth to the game but I'm just not that into hockey in video game format as I am in real life format to go there

I have started my season as the Red Wings (priority move #1: see ya Jimmy Howard, hello Jonathan Bernier and Dave Bolland, sorry Toronto) and I love how my team is shaping up. It's basically everything good about the real Red Wings, and with Howard gone and me being able to control Quincey's turnovers, everything bad gone

don't worry though, there are plenty of late hits, shooting at the goalie after offside whistles, and steamrolling the other team's stars for me as well, you aren't the only one. Claude Giroux got Kronwalled straight to the IR in our first game against the Flyers. considering how rarely the real wings fight these days it's ridiculous how unrealistic my team is. I even managed to get Pavek Datsyuk into a fight in 4 on 4 cause Bertuzzi wasn't on the ice to enforce - which he won against some random defenseman on the Blue Jackets. And it's just a badass hockey fan ongoing wet dream to have Todd Bertuzzi as my enforcer/top offensive player.

Having fun with NHL 14 brings me back to the good old days, the only other NHL game I used to play was NHL 2004. And let me tell you, the Red Wings had some unbelievable guys in the squad that year, including my favourite NHL player of all time between the pipes, the Dominator.
IronAngel

17.11.2013 at 14:05
Someone help me.

There's this game I'm thinking of. I don't know the name, I don't know the genre, I'm not entirely sure on the platform (but I think it's a PC game). And I'm not sure what the cover looks like.

Anyway, the name is two words. It's something a little unusual that doesn't make the genre obvious. Maybe it has to do with metal, the ocean, space, machines, something cold? Steel something? Maybe not. The cover is, I think, some kind of a dark machine or metal, blueish or grayish perhaps. It's something I've seen mentioned on lists and in connection with other games (not sure if space shooters, sci-fi RPGs, stealth games, strategy, simulation or smth else), so it's probably a bit of a cult classic.

WHAT IS THAT GAME!??
whatsacow

17.11.2013 at 18:48
Written by IronAngel on 17.11.2013 at 14:05

Someone help me.

There's this game I'm thinking of. I don't know the name, I don't know the genre, I'm not entirely sure on the platform (but I think it's a PC game). And I'm not sure what the cover looks like.

Anyway, the name is two words. It's something a little unusual that doesn't make the genre obvious. Maybe it has to do with metal, the ocean, space, machines, something cold? Steel something? Maybe not. The cover is, I think, some kind of a dark machine or metal, blueish or grayish perhaps. It's something I've seen mentioned on lists and in connection with other games (not sure if space shooters, sci-fi RPGs, stealth games, strategy, simulation or smth else), so it's probably a bit of a cult classic.

WHAT IS THAT GAME!??

System Shock 2? That's the only thing I can think of.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
IronAngel

17.11.2013 at 20:00
Unfortunately not. Mind you, I don't actually know the game's genre so it could be anything. There was a connection to some other game/genre, so maybe I just thought it was with Deus Ex/System Shock II and came up with those genre ideas. I made a mental note to check it out when I had the time, but now I don't remember it anymore.
!J.O.O.E.!
GZA

18.11.2013 at 01:16
The only thing I can think of is Beneath a Steel Sky. Not two words though...
----
!J.O.O.E.!
GZA

18.11.2013 at 15:54
Playing Baldur's Gate II. Never managed to get into any of these fangled PC isometric CRPGs before (think Dragon Age is probably the closest, which I enjoyed a lot), but seeing how revered it is I thought I'd give it another proper go. Made it out the first tutorial dungeon place and it's ok. I really don't like the combat though; so clunky and feels so inelegant and imprecise because of the whole d&d rolls thing and generally feels and looks like a mess of not really knowing what's going on. Much prefer turn-based strategy to this real-time pause / unpause malarky (at least for these kind of games). Going to stick with it though as the characters seem decent and I suspect there's a good story to be had. Rather pleased to hear David Warner and Jim Cummings doing voice work.

But yeah, went for a Halfing, Fighter/Thief multi-class so will see how far that gets me.
----
IronAngel

18.11.2013 at 18:34
The series is probably in my top 3 games of all time (I like to play both games and expansions in the BGII engine, with the BG Tutu mod). Maybe it's because I'm a D&D and FR geek. I love the combat and the whole teambuilding aspect of it. It's more flexible and, IMO, easier and clearer to control than Dragon Age (which was also a very good game). But yeah, I wish there was an option for clearer turn-based game. For all its many flaws, I actually liked the hardcore D&D strategy experience of Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor.

But overall, I like the 2e AD&D rules system. It's more restrictive than 3e (Neverwinter Nights), but gives you tough choices. It's really fun to build characters with it. Despite the infuriatingly unintuitive THAC0-system to determine chance of hitting.
Mr. Doctor
Skandino

18.11.2013 at 18:35
The only games in that vein I ever played are Icewind Dale I & II (The second one is the best but both are nice).
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
IronAngel

18.11.2013 at 18:58
They're both on my to-play list. I understand the combat is tweaked and improved somewhat, and that they're more combat-oriented dungeon-crawls than story campaigns. Given how few good D&D video games there are (NWN was actually really bad in single-player, and NWN2 isn't much better apart from the Mask of the Betrayer expansion, Temple of Elemental Evil was just crappy), I'll take anything I can get.
BitterCOld
Ghost COsmonaut

20.11.2013 at 07:31
Written by Troy Killjoy on 16.11.2013 at 04:28

doing FIFA 14, but teh same boat on manager mode. like trying to sell whiny bitches high while bringing in talented younger players on the cheap. transfer window time is about as much fun as gameplay.

one is drinking twitch time, the other is chess.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.
BitterCOld
Ghost COsmonaut

21.11.2013 at 03:17
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 18.11.2013 at 15:54

Playing Baldur's Gate II. Never managed to get into any of these fangled PC isometric CRPGs before (think Dragon Age is probably the closest, which I enjoyed a lot), but seeing how revered it is I thought I'd give it another proper go. Made it out the first tutorial dungeon place and it's ok. I really don't like the combat though; so clunky and feels so inelegant and imprecise because of the whole d&d rolls thing and generally feels and looks like a mess of not really knowing what's going on. Much prefer turn-based strategy to this real-time pause / unpause malarky (at least for these kind of games). Going to stick with it though as the characters seem decent and I suspect there's a good story to be had. Rather pleased to hear David Warner and Jim Cummings doing voice work.

But yeah, went for a Halfing, Fighter/Thief multi-class so will see how far that gets me.

Will be redoing that one after I complete the first one.

BG2 was THE GAME back in the day. Yeah, it's a D&D style which makes combat odd... but the NPCs are awesome. It's a game where they interact with each other,which adds depth.

Always picked likeminded individuals in this one - good for goodish characters, evil if evil.

When starting from Baldur's Gate fresh, I didn't know fuck all about the story, the places, etc... just grabbed the first five I could. Two were a neutral/good pair, two were an evil pair. Had them in my party for an environmental/wandering monster encounter on the way to the next town... got to the Inn and they escalated from chirping at one another to a full on battle to the death. Imoen and I just walked away and had the lone survivor of the 2 v 2 chaos rejoin the party.

Even the similar folks will get pissy with each other. Stuff like that really made the game awesome to play.

And as an easter egg, when you go to the big vendor/weapon shop in Amn, if you go to the back wall and look closely at some portraits, it's of characters from that old 80's Dungeons & Dragons cartoon.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.
Frank Comstock

22.11.2013 at 20:35
For those of you that have a Vita, I just purchased Tearaway and I think it's amazing. Definitely worth purchasing.
----
whatsacow

23.11.2013 at 16:42
Ass Creed 4 finally came out on PC. Surprisingly not shit.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 34

Login or register to post here.