‹‹ Back to the Recreation Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 34
Users visited: 291  
Search this topic:  

tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal

08.10.2012 at 03:34
Written by BloodTears on 07.10.2012 at 20:21

Haven't played videogames in ages, which speaks a lot about my priorities right now. PES or Football Manager are no longer one of them I also think I need to discover cool new videogames to play.

It's frickin awesome you want to get back on the wagon, if u need some suggestions give me a holla!
----
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPfaQJuWGvU
whatsacow

08.10.2012 at 09:29
Finally got around to playing gears of war 3. Should have put it off longer. I think the gears of war series has everything I despise about modern gaming: Cover based shooting (Has no flow, is boring and repetitive) Lack of Progression (rmember when every gun felt distinctive and the levels weren't all the same fucking colour), Extremely linear game that breaks up the flow by having a cutscene every two seconds (I mean they seriously cut to a cutscene just to open a fucking door), those fucking obtrusive phone conversations where you can only walk or run at half the speed as can of coke, and a plot that seems to think that we actually give a fuck about assortment of stereotypes. Seriously, if Cole Train doesnt die I'm demanding my money back, that will be the last straw. The only way I'd think of continuing this game is if I get to watch every single character in this game die a horrendous death, followed by allowing me to murder every talentless cunt on the development team for this pathetic excuse of a game.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
Angelic Storm
Melodious

08.10.2012 at 10:45
There are times when I can go several months without playing games at all, but I always end up gaming again. At the risk of sounding cliche', I think gaming is in my blood.

About whatsacow said about modern gaming, I agree with what he's saying to an extent, but for me, pretty much all those things can be overlooked if a game is good enough. About levels being all the same colour, well that's something that could be said for the original Dead Space, but that fact doesn't deter from it being a great game, and visceral gaming experience. Caring about a game's characters certainly isn't always essential for me, and I think it only really is, if the game is meant to play like an interactive movie. The original Resident Evil had some horrendously cheesy voice acting, but in a way that added to it's charm, and didn't detract from the fact that the game itself was great. In fact, there's quite a bit of cheesy dialogue in Resi 6 (Example - Helena: "How are the trains still running?" Leon: "There was no-one at the controls... Zombie Express!" Geez... lol ) , and I had to smile as it reminded me of the nonsense dialogue in the first game.

I do still love old school games very much, and quite a bit of my gaming time is taken up with playing (or re-playing) the classics. But I think the main problem with most modern games, is simply most of them aren't very good. Most games have niggling flaws to them, but if the game is good enough, I can easily look past them. But I'm just speaking for me of course. lol
whatsacow

08.10.2012 at 10:59
Written by Angelic Storm on 08.10.2012 at 10:45

There are times when I can go several months without playing games at all, but I always end up gaming again. At the risk of sounding cliche', I think gaming is in my blood.

About whatsacow said about modern gaming, I agree with what he's saying to an extent, but for me, pretty much all those things can be overlooked if a game is good enough. About levels being all the same colour, well that's something that could be said for the original Dead Space, but that fact doesn't deter from it being a great game, and visceral gaming experience. Caring about a game's characters certainly isn't always essential for me, and I think it only really is, if the game is meant to play like an interactive movie. The original Resident Evil had some horrendously cheesy voice acting, but in a way that added to it's charm, and didn't detract from the fact that the game itself was great. In fact, there's quite a bit of cheesy dialogue in Resi 6 (Example - Helena: "How are the trains still running?" Leon: "There was no-one at the controls... Zombie Express!" Geez... lol ) , and I had to smile as it reminded me of the nonsense dialogue in the first game.

I do still love old school games very much, and quite a bit of my gaming time is taken up with playing (or re-playing) the classics. But I think the main problem with most modern games, is simply most of them aren't very good. Most games have niggling flaws to them, but if the game is good enough, I can easily look past them. But I'm just speaking for me of course. lol

The problem is that gears of war is heavily plot driven. I just don't get why such a shit game can get such high scores across the board.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
Angelic Storm
Melodious

08.10.2012 at 11:08
Written by whatsacow on 08.10.2012 at 10:59
The problem is that gears of war is heavily plot driven. I just don't get why such a shit game can get such high scores across the board.

Well, I've only played the first Gears, which was a decent shooter, but nothing really special. I would agree that a game that is heavily plot driven does need strong characters, or at least a strong plot. I think the original Resi worked despite the cheesy voice acting, mainly because there wasn't much dialogue in the game. Having not played Gears 3, I can't comment on it's quality, or lack of it. But I do find that many games in that genre are very overrated.
ANGEL REAPER

08.10.2012 at 11:46
Sweeping through HALF LIFE again...god i love this game ...
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
!J.O.O.E.!
Mr. Off-Topic

08.10.2012 at 17:34
Dishonored is getting some excellent reviews. I need it now.
----
Angelic Storm
Melodious

08.10.2012 at 18:22
Yep, there's a good chance Dishonored will be my next game after I've finished Resi 6.
whatsacow

09.10.2012 at 10:44
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 08.10.2012 at 17:34

I've needed dishonored for over a year now. Buying it tomorrow!
----
Slayer666

09.10.2012 at 13:12
I can't run Dishonored.

Fuck my life.
psykometal
Staffpool

09.10.2012 at 18:56
I pre-ordered Dishonored but I think my GameStop location probably didn't get enough pre-orders so they didn't do a midnight release last night and I work all day today so I have to wait til tomorrow before I can go pick it up...
----
~Zep~
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal

09.10.2012 at 22:18
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 08.10.2012 at 17:34

It's there...p2p release
----
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal

09.10.2012 at 22:18
Written by Slayer666 on 09.10.2012 at 13:12

I can't run Dishonored.

Fuck my life.

Hmmm,, why not?
----
BoxCar Willy
John Doe

10.10.2012 at 04:26
I haven't been playing any games at all, I've just lost all interest in it.

However, I will contribute by saying that this is the best game ever.

Mutha Fuckin' Spyro

I've probably spent 6000 hours on this game.

----
waste of space
Slayer666

10.10.2012 at 14:36
Written by tea[m]ster on 09.10.2012 at 22:18

Hmmm,, why not?

I only have 2 GB RAM, and my CPU (E4300 1.8 GHz) is way below the minimum requirements.

I'm going to download and try it anyway, who knows, maybe there's a way to lower the reqs.
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal

10.10.2012 at 20:20
Written by Slayer666 on 10.10.2012 at 14:36

I'm going to download and try it anyway, who knows, maybe there's a way to lower the reqs.

I read that the specs needed to run this game are very low, consol-itis low I.E. low-res textures etc., so you may be in luck!
----
whatsacow

11.10.2012 at 09:44
Dishonored is amazing. I'm loving every second of it.
----
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal

11.10.2012 at 21:14
Written by whatsacow on 11.10.2012 at 09:44

every second of it.

From what I've read, that's about how long the game is. Be careful. Take your time.
----
Sonic MrSumo

12.10.2012 at 04:54
Am currently playing The Testament of Sherlock Holmes on 360, and thoroughly enjoying it. Great puzzles and solid storyline.
----
All the bridges in the world won't save you, if there's no other side to cross to.
- Rock poetry from Silverchair.
Slayer666

13.10.2012 at 12:59
I actually was able to run Dishonored. Yay.

I have to say, I'm a bit disappointed. The level design is downright brilliant, the powers and their various applications are amazing, the freedom offered is incredibly pleasing, but... It's too easy. Way, way too easy.

Even on Very Hard, combat is trivial. You can storm anywhere and kill anyone with just carefully blocking and dodging. Add Health Elixirs (which are abundant), pistols/crossbows and traps/grenades to the equation, and Corvo is a unstoppable juggernaut of death. I know that's not how the game is supposed to be played, but if the developers wanted to encourage stealth, why do they not punish the player when he goes Rambo? And I'm talking real punishment, like getting your ass handed to you, not more rats/weepers in the next mission.

In fact, the combat is so easy I actually did what I've never done in a game before: I went full non-lethal. Just pure stealth, avoidance and eventually a sleeper hold or sleeping dart. Not that that's very hard either. Rooftops and catwalks enable you to easily avoid mostly anyone, and if that isn't enough, there's always Possession to fix the problem. Not to mention I played for about 7-8 hours and I think I'm already halfway through the game, even though I did every side-mission and found every Rune/Bonecharm so far.

Too bad. The game has tremendous potential, but killed a good chunk of it by being too short and too easy. I'm hoping for an expansion that ups the difficulty, both of sneaking and combat.
psykometal
Staffpool

13.10.2012 at 21:31
I got Dishonored and played it quite a bit over the last few days. I have to agree Slayer, it is incredibly easy so to give myself a challenge I decided to go through full stealth and subdue everybody; doing that way was actually rather challenging. Otherwise yes the game is entirely too short. The freedom to "Choose your path" is awesome and brilliant and the fact that you can actually complete the game without having to kill or fight anybody is pretty kool. I am also very disappointed that there is no New Game + feature, I don't understand why any developers nowadays would choose not to include New Game + in their games. Maybe I'm just spoiled but there are several games out there that have no replay value for me due to the lack of New Game + (BulletStorm and Rage to name a couple). This game even will probably hold no replay value past 2 or 3 plays, and the only reason I am playing more than once is cuz there's basically 4 diff ways to play (stealth/no kills, stealth/some killing, stealth/kill everyone, and no stealth/kill everyone violently). I will probably only do the first 2 unless the second option doesn't yield the alternate ending then I'll do the 3rd, after that then I probably won't touch the game again for a while.
----
~Zep~
Slayer666

17.10.2012 at 22:13
Finished Dishonored twice now. The second time it was even easier, to the point where I felt no challenge whatsoever. I went full non-lethal in the first run, then decided to kill everything in the second (but not by going Rambo, I usually never get detected on a mission) and dear lord it's just ridiculously easy to snipe guards from afar, stab 'em and hide their bodies before anyone notices etc. Also, the different endings just aren't motivating enough to make you play the game again, since they're both kinda shitty.

Again, a game with unbelievably high potential that got wasted...
MetalSpider

17.10.2012 at 22:33
Went back to Mass Effect 3 and played the Leviathan DLC. I enjoyed it. It was short but $10 well spent (I love ME3 that much I suppose!). I'm gonna get back into the multiplayer as a result!

I still have Batman: Arkham City to play, and haven't really played Dark Souls yet (played it for a bit when it first came out but was quickly sidetracked by Skyrim and just never got back into it).
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
Angelic Storm
Melodious

18.10.2012 at 15:52
Due to work being carried out in my flat since late last week, I haven't been able to play the last Resi 6 campaign yet. With any luck I should be able to get back to it by the weekend...

Hmm... From comments I'm reading, it would appear that Dishonoured is really short/easy. I hope it's not too easy! Full-price games that are too easy and short are a waste of money, no matter how good the game itself might be.
!J.O.O.E.!
Mr. Off-Topic

18.10.2012 at 15:58
Written by Angelic Storm on 18.10.2012 at 15:52

Hmm... From comments I'm reading, it would appear that Dishonoured is really short/easy. I hope it's not too easy!

I actually find I die pretty quickly from direct attacks, but the game's difficulty is more about how well you implement stealth. Trying to get through entire missions without being seen etc. making good use of the skills you have and areas around you and such. It's disingenuous to rate every game on how easily you die or how painstakingly difficult it is to achieve something etc. as that's not why anyone would play this imo. The game and stealth mechanics are somewhat superficial though (I don't get the impression that light or dark has any real effect on how easily you're seen), and I doubt further plays are really desirable so I'm not bothered about the lack of New Game+

Also the length: also down to your playing style. People have said they completed the game in 6 hours. It took me about 6 hours just to complete the first mission because I was exploring everything and trying to remain as undetected as possible. It's way better and more fun than Slayer has suggested. If you don't enjoy the sensation of blinking your way onto the top of a lamp post and taking someone down from above then you've missed the point of the game imo.

Of course, 6 hours for a game is still reasonable by console standards. Mega Drive and Snes games used to go for £40, £50, sometimes even £60 (and even £70 once for Virtua Racing) and they were usually only an hour or two in length In fact today I sped through the original Doom game in about an hour. I'm pretty sure people didn't moan about the length back then. People expect too much from action games these days if you ask me. Overlong games become boring as 90% of them don't justify the length for the content they offer (as did the recent Deus Ex game which stretched itself too thin).

Strange that the Metacritic user reviews for this game are far higher on PC than consoles. I thought PC fans would be the first to piss over a game like this (it's not as good as Thief waaaah etc)
----
psykometal
Staffpool

19.10.2012 at 07:54
Written by Slayer666 on 17.10.2012 at 22:13

Finished Dishonored twice now. The second time it was even easier, to the point where I felt no challenge whatsoever. I went full non-lethal in the first run, then decided to kill everything in the second (but not by going Rambo, I usually never get detected on a mission) and dear lord it's just ridiculously easy to snipe guards from afar, stab 'em and hide their bodies before anyone notices etc. Also, the different endings just aren't motivating enough to make you play the game again, since they're both kinda shitty.

Again, a game with unbelievably high potential that got wasted...

Agreed. I actually did the exact same thing (full stealth/no kill then stealth/kill all). And they said there were only 2 endings but there's actually 3.
----
~Zep~
Slayer666

19.10.2012 at 13:42
Kudos to Joe who spent 6 hours on the first mission (if by that we mean the High Overseer mission), when it took me less than 3 on the first run, and I did pretty much everything that could have been done (no kills, undetected, found every Rune/Bone Charm, did every side quest, looted all safes etc.)

@psykometal

Yeah, I Youtube'd the third one. Still kinda shitty and unfinished.
Valentin B
Iconoclast

23.10.2012 at 03:29
Has anyone here played Slender? it's based around the whole "Slenderman" idea, and supposedly it's one of the most horrific games ever made, even though it's incredibly simplistic.
----
Sing me a song, you're a singer
Do me a wrong, you're a bringer of evil.
!J.O.O.E.!
Mr. Off-Topic

23.10.2012 at 03:40
Written by Slayer666 on 19.10.2012 at 13:42

Kudos to Joe who spent 6 hours on the first mission (if by that we mean the High Overseer mission), when it took me less than 3 on the first run, and I did pretty much everything that could have been done (no kills, undetected, found every Rune/Bone Charm, did every side quest, looted all safes etc.)

You still sucked at and whined that Dark Souls was too hard though
----
Slayer666

23.10.2012 at 12:57
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 23.10.2012 at 03:40

You still sucked at and whined that Dark Souls was too hard though

Haha, yeah, I guess I did. xD

But that was mostly before I discovered that Dark Souls doesn't allow you to go magic-only (not that early in the game, anyway). As soon as I started putting points into STR so I could wield some proper weapons, it became a fuck ton easier.

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 34

Login or register to post here.