‹‹ Back to the Recreation Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 34
Users visited: 296  
Search this topic:  

!J.O.O.E.!
Thought Police

18.01.2013 at 21:59
Written by Oaken on 18.01.2013 at 21:55

Thanks a lot, i'll make sure to get it soon. Also I killed the Iron Golem. Now it's time for Anor Londo (Not really I went back to Darkroot Garden). People say it's the hardest part of the game, is it so?

Arguably has the hardest boss in the game: Ornstein and Smough (a two boss fight). There's a bit that a lot of people moan about as being the hardest section to get past, which is a ledge with Dark Knights shooting arrows at you from. I did it first time however but I can see how it might be frustrating.

----
Oaken
Hipster

18.01.2013 at 22:00
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 18.01.2013 at 21:59

Written by Oaken on 18.01.2013 at 21:55

Thanks a lot, i'll make sure to get it soon. Also I killed the Iron Golem. Now it's time for Anor Londo (Not really I went back to Darkroot Garden). People say it's the hardest part of the game, is it so?

Arguably has the hardest boss in the game: Ornstein and Smough (a two boss fight). There's a bit that a lot of people moan about as being the hardest section to get past, which is a ledge with Dark Knights shooting arrows at you from. I did it first time however but I can see how it might be frustrating.

And after getting past Ornstein and Smough, does the game become a bit easier?
----
In that case, man is only air as well.
!J.O.O.E.!
Thought Police

18.01.2013 at 22:03
Written by Oaken on 18.01.2013 at 22:00

To be honest I can't really remember. I don't recall having an awful lot of trouble throughout the game later on, but then I was a massively overleveled tank. The Prepare To Die bonus area bosses can be a bit of a challenge though.
----
Oaken
Hipster

18.01.2013 at 22:07
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 18.01.2013 at 22:03

Written by Oaken on 18.01.2013 at 22:00

To be honest I can't really remember. I don't recall having an awful lot of trouble througout the game later on, but then I was a massively overleveled tank. The Prepare To Die bonus area bosses can be a bit of a challenge though.

I don't have the Prepare To Die Edition. Mine has only the original content. I'll make sure to exploit enough in the Darkroot Garden before heading out to Anor Londo. Thanks for the tips.
----
Mad Arab666

19.01.2013 at 00:00
DmC got released this week. The critics have been positive but user reaction has been low.
----
One does not simply rock into Blashyrkh
whatsacow

26.01.2013 at 23:20
Written by Mad Arab666 on 19.01.2013 at 00:00

DmC got released this week. The critics have been positive but user reaction has been low.

User reaction has been low because fanboys are whiney fucks who can't handle the fact that the main character has a different hair colour. Most haven't even played it yet, it's just purely a knee jerk reaction to a cosmetic change. The game is fun. It's accessible at lower difficulties, and it's really challenging at later difficulties. The thing is that enemies don't just take longer to kill on higher difficulties, some of their attacks change too.

Oh, and to completely change the subject and to shamelessly promote my ass, I got a job in gaming journalism. It's for a small site called plus10damage.com, but the guys there write some great stuff, and have really interesting writing voices. If you want to you can check out my first article, about my top 20 most anticipated games of 2012 right here: http://plus10damage.com/blog/2013/1/23/pbjb11ihsmqai2w3ty52cqf510krf9

If not... oh well. I tried
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
Malphas

27.01.2013 at 16:50
That really is a nice article, including some games i haven't heard of before...gonna check some out xD

oh and congrats on your new job
----
exclude the impossible and what's left is the truth.
whatsacow

27.01.2013 at 22:39
Written by Malphas on 27.01.2013 at 16:50

That really is a nice article, including some games i haven't heard of before...gonna check some out xD

oh and congrats on your new job

Thanks man! Yeah, I usually don't like to shamelessly promote things, but if we get a certain number of website hits we can start getting advertisement which means we can properly get paid, which is always a good thing! The guys there write some great stuff, and they strive to be different from other gaming journalists in presentation, which is great!
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
Mad Arab666

28.01.2013 at 17:30
Written by whatsacow on 26.01.2013 at 23:20

User reaction has been low because fanboys are whiney fucks who can't handle the fact that the main character has a different hair colour. Most haven't even played it yet, it's just purely a knee jerk reaction to a cosmetic change. The game is fun. It's accessible at lower difficulties, and it's really challenging at later difficulties. The thing is that enemies don't just take longer to kill on higher difficulties, some of their attacks change too.

Oh, and to completely change the subject and to shamelessly promote my ass, I got a job in gaming journalism. It's for a small site called plus10damage.com, but the guys there write some great stuff, and have really interesting writing voices. If you want to you can check out my first article, about my top 20 most anticipated games of 2012 right here: http://plus10damage.com/blog/2013/1/23/pbjb11ihsmqai2w3ty52cqf510krf9

I hear ya man, someone the fanboys do act immature over little things. And congrats on the job.
----
One does not simply rock into Blashyrkh
whatsacow

29.01.2013 at 03:17
Written by Mad Arab666 on 28.01.2013 at 17:30

Written by whatsacow on 26.01.2013 at 23:20

I hear ya man, someone the fanboys do act immature over little things. And congrats on the job.

Yeah, I'm reviewing the game at the moment, and Dante is still the same character, just a little different because he's younger. The game is quite fun, it's not the best in the series but it''s far from terrible.
----
Angelic Storm
Melodious

29.01.2013 at 05:35
I have heard a lot of people complaining that Dante now looks "emo", and knowing just how rabid some people can get about such frivilous things, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if "fans" slated the game purely based on that cosmetic factor.

I am currently playing The Cave.
Collin
Pura Vida

29.01.2013 at 14:27
Written by Angelic Storm on 29.01.2013 at 05:35

Interesting so far? I bought it on the PS Store yesterday but there's a couple of games I want to finish before I give it a run.

I picked up Dishonored again a few days ago, hadn't had time to play since October so I'm sort of rusty. Still a pretty cool game even if I've never been that good at first-person games for some reason.
Angelic Storm
Melodious

30.01.2013 at 00:24
Written by Collin on 29.01.2013 at 14:27
Interesting so far? I bought it on the PS Store yesterday but there's a couple of games I want to finish before I give it a run.

I picked up Dishonored again a few days ago, hadn't had time to play since October so I'm sort of rusty. Still a pretty cool game even if I've never been that good at first-person games for some reason.

Hmm... It's both enjoyable, and a disappointment. Creator Ron Gilbert was responsible for two of my all time fave games, Maniac Mansion, and the first couple of Monkey Island games. Tim Schafer also helped design the latter series, and he also was involved with The Cave. With their pedigree, the game is a bit of a letdown. Don't get me wrong, it's pretty good, with some genuinely humorous moments, but it's definitely flawed. It's two main flaws, is the game is pretty short, and the constant backtracking, which given the slow pace of the game as well, can definitely grate on you a bit. On the plus side, it's wonderfully morbid storytelling and quirkiness make it a hugely charming game. Most of the puzzles are blindingly obvious, which was a bit of a disappointment, although I was left scratching my head on a couple of ocassions!

Ultimately, it is a lot of fun, if ocassionally frustrating. But the charm of the game is what keeps you going during thr parts when the backtracking starts getting a bit tedious. I haven't played through every character's story yet, but there are some genuinely funny and twisted moments during the ones which I have played through. I won't give any spoilers, but the final part of the Knight's section in particular, is twisted genius, I have to say!

I would recommend it for sure, but if you're a fan of Ron Gilbert and Tim Schafer, you might be slightly let down when comparing it to their other classics.

I still haven't played Dishonored, but it has now appeared on Xbox Live Arcade On Demand for download, and I'm definitely tempted to give it a go!
whatsacow

30.01.2013 at 07:52
Written by Angelic Storm on 29.01.2013 at 05:35

I have heard a lot of people complaining that Dante now looks "emo", and knowing just how rabid some people can get about such frivilous things, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if "fans" slated the game purely based on that cosmetic factor.

He doesnt really look emo though, he looks kind of like Dean from Supernatural Tbh. Acts a bit like him too lol.
----
Angelic Storm
Melodious

31.01.2013 at 01:19
Written by whatsacow on 30.01.2013 at 07:52
He doesnt really look emo though, he looks kind of like Dean from Supernatural Tbh. Acts a bit like him too lol.

I wasn't implying that I thought he looked emo, just that I've heard quite a lot of fans saying that. I've never watched Supernatural, but I googled it, and he does look a bit like Dean, yep! hehe
Edmund Fogg

31.01.2013 at 21:03
Just got Hitman Absolution. A lot of Easter eggs and things to do in every level. AI is a bit randomy and some things about the "freedom" the game allows bugs me, but overall it's load of fun.
----
You cannot sedate all the things you hate - MM
The Observer is the source of reality - Bloom
God damn it!! What did Diddy didn't do? - Satan
Oaken
Hipster

31.01.2013 at 21:24
Finished Dark Souls several days ago (probably my favorite game of all time along with Skyrim, Bayonetta and the AC series), and started TRYING to play Borderlands 2. WTF?? It's so difficult! I'm playing solo since my console is jtagged (No xbox live for me) and also my cousins aren't in Syria so there's no one to play split-screen with me. I die to the silliest psychos, the weapons are crappy and the enemies are so much of a nuisance. So I opened up the internet and looked up a solution and I read that side quests had to be taken in order to get to levels appropriate to complete the main quest. I'll just forget it, the world, weapons, enemies, whatever is so uninteresting to waste a lot of time on. Especially that I'm playing it alone. I'm going to grab DMC, Dead Space 3 and Minecraft 360 Edition soon.
----
Lit.
Brütal Legend

01.02.2013 at 00:59
Written by Oaken on 31.01.2013 at 21:24

Finished Dark Souls several days ago (probably my favorite game of all time along with Skyrim, Bayonetta and the AC series), and started TRYING to play Borderlands 2. WTF?? It's so difficult! I'm playing solo since my console is jtagged (No xbox live for me) and also my cousins aren't in Syria so there's no one to play split-screen with me. I die to the silliest psychos, the weapons are crappy and the enemies are so much of a nuisance. So I opened up the internet and looked up a solution and I read that side quests had to be taken in order to get to levels appropriate to complete the main quest. I'll just forget it, the world, weapons, enemies, whatever is so uninteresting to waste a lot of time on. Especially that I'm playing it alone. I'm going to grab DMC, Dead Space 3 and Minecraft 360 Edition soon.

First of all, I wouldn't bother with Dead Space 3 if you liked the first two. All the trailers and playthroughs I've seen make it clear that the game abandoned it's horror element and focused more on being a generic shooter. Hell, the first part looks less like DS and more like Call of Duty.

Second of all, I find your reaction to Borderlands unusual considering it's a very small minority compared to how much acclaim it's gotten as being superior in everyway compared to the first. You should've at least noticed they completely improved it so if anything it should be easier than the first. I know it was for me, and I had a hell of a time getting past Nine-Toes in the first. They readjusted the difiiculty so that if you're the only one playing the enemies don't feel like they need three other people to kill. You'd have to be standing still and doing nothing just to be killed by Psychos.
And obviously the side-quests have to be done. It was almost mandatory the first game, it's damn near mandatory now. Hell, it's mandatory for any game like Borderlands. You'll never get past the first quarter of the game, let alone finish it, if you don't do any of them. Some of them are so damn easy anyways you'd have to be just plain lazy to not want to do them.

TL;DR: Try it again and actually put some effort into it.
----
REPUBLICAN CAR!
Malphas

01.02.2013 at 16:48
I agree that they killed the whole Dead Space feel in this one by abandoning the horror thing, that's what made the first one epic and the second...well, it wasn't up to the high standard of the first but it was pretty good too, but this one doesn't look good at all . I'm still gonna get it though, trying to convince myself that it won't suck entirely
----
exclude the impossible and what's left is the truth.
whatsacow

01.02.2013 at 17:35

I'd advise you to stick with Borderlands 2. The first 5 or so hours are dreadful. Wait till you get to the main hub area before you judge it.
----
psykometal
Staffpool

03.02.2013 at 04:03

Since you have the 360 version just download the mod software for it to your pc and mod the fuck out of it.
----
~Zep~
!J.O.O.E.!
Thought Police

05.02.2013 at 16:20
Been playing Antichamber for about 45 minutes now. I love it but I had to stop as I was about 3 corridors away from vomiting from motion sickness.
----
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight

05.02.2013 at 16:27
Still stuck on RuneScape...found a great mates there, the game is enhancing and improving every week...love it
----
The bones of beasts and the bones of kings
Become dust in the wake of the hymn
Mighty kingdoms rise, but they all will fall
No more than a breath on the wind

MetalSpider

05.02.2013 at 17:09
Playing God of War 3 again...so much fun. Also got the new Devil May Cry...also really fun and typical cheesiness found in the series but better fighting mechanics thanks to Ninja Theory working on the game.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
whatsacow

08.02.2013 at 13:41
Written by MetalSpider on 05.02.2013 at 17:09

Playing God of War 3 again...so much fun. Also got the new Devil May Cry...also really fun and typical cheesiness found in the series but better fighting mechanics thanks to Ninja Theory working on the game.

I wouldn't say due to Ninja Theory... They haven't exactly had a great history when it comes to mechanics. It is a really fun game though. Check out my review here if you want http://plus10damage.com/blog/2013/2/1/fill-your-dark-soul-with-light-dmc-review
----
MetalSpider

08.02.2013 at 16:30
Written by whatsacow on 08.02.2013 at 13:41

Written by MetalSpider on 05.02.2013 at 17:09

I wouldn't say due to Ninja Theory... They haven't exactly had a great history when it comes to mechanics. It is a really fun game though. Check out my review here if you want http://plus10damage.com/blog/2013/2/1/fill-your-dark-soul-with-light-dmc-review

Well I'm finding the fighting mechanics to be more fluid compared to the older games. The older games (haven't played them in a while) fighting mechanics were a bit clunky in comparison (if that even makes sense lol).

Regardless, I agree, it's definitely fun. I'll check out the review soon.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
psykometal
Staffpool

08.02.2013 at 19:40
Dead Space 3 is pretty good in story and gameplay just like 1 and 2. However I do prefer the node upgrade system from 1 and 2, and I don't like the fact that the suits are mostly just aesthetics this time around. The only ones that actually have a purpose (other than just aesthetics) are the ones that provide protection from extreme cold, which is pretty lame, wish they would've stuck with the multitude of "perk suits" like 2 had.
----
~Zep~
Lit.
Brütal Legend

09.02.2013 at 02:36
All right, I'm just gonna come out and ask this: Do they kill Ellie in DS3? I wanna end the series on a high note after finishing DS2 and I'm not gonna bother playing 3 if they kill off one of my favorite characters.
----
REPUBLICAN CAR!
psykometal
Staffpool

09.02.2013 at 07:07
Written by Lit. on 09.02.2013 at 02:36

All right, I'm just gonna come out and ask this: Do they kill Ellie in DS3? I wanna end the series on a high note after finishing DS2 and I'm not gonna bother playing 3 if they kill off one of my favorite characters.

I'll answer you in a PM so as not to spoil for anyone else...
----
~Zep~
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight

09.02.2013 at 09:08
I am playin' Tiger Woods PGA TOUR golf 2007 and i feel like a boss
----
The bones of beasts and the bones of kings
Become dust in the wake of the hymn
Mighty kingdoms rise, but they all will fall
No more than a breath on the wind

Advertise on Metal Storm