‹‹ Back to the Recreation Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 34
Users visited: 338  
Search this topic:  

Ilham
Giant robot

27.05.2014 at 00:36
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 27.05.2014 at 00:32

Actually Dark Souls II is a little behind the times in terms of technical graphical fidelity; it's more about art design than anything else. Looks nice though. Gameplay wise though, it's the kind of game you need to learn the ropes for, or you'll die a lot. Well, you'll die a lot anyway but you gotta be a good to win really. It's hard. Very hard. But awesome.

Haha, O.K. I'm a renowned ragequitter, I am warned. I don't want to start damaging the hardware that I technically do not even own yet, so I might wait until I am familiarised with the new mouse, keyboard, etc, until I play that one.
!J.O.O.E.!
Defunct

27.05.2014 at 00:48
Written by Ilham on 27.05.2014 at 00:36

Haha, O.K. I'm a renowned ragequitter, I am warned. I don't want to start damaging the hardware that I technically do not even own yet, so I might wait until I am familiarised with the new mouse, keyboard, etc, until I play that one.

Well I would advise anyone not to even attempt a Dark Souls game with a keyboard and mouse. Aside from the fact they never got the optimisation quite right with it, it's a series that begs to be played with a controller. I'd say pick up a 360 controller at some point. It's always good to have a compatible controller as some games simply play better with them.

The Souls series is definitely ragequit-central though. I'm usually terrible with hard games but the Souls series is something I got hugely addicted to. It's like a Zelda game, but stupidly skill based. So satisfying taking down a boss after being mullered half a dozen times.
----
Ilham
Giant robot

27.05.2014 at 00:59
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 27.05.2014 at 00:48

Well I would advise anyone not to even attempt a Dark Souls game with a keyboard and mouse. Aside from the fact they never got the optimisation quite right with it, it's a series that begs to be played with a controller. I'd say pick up a 360 controller at some point. It's always good to have a compatible controller as some games simply play better with them.

The Souls series is definitely ragequit-central though. I'm usually terrible with hard games but the Souls series is something I got hugely addicted to. It's like a Zelda game, but stupidly skill based. So satisfying taking down a boss after being mullered half a dozen times.

Well, that's not a very good sales pitch for me! Sure I tend to lose weight when I play games like that, because I have to go work out when I epically ragequit. I leave DS to you, looks as if you're a lot more patient. My kvltest ragequits were not during Zelda, it was Crash Bandicoot. Man, the number of timeouts and groundings I got because of the tantrums I used to throw after dying 20 times at the same spot...

So, Mass Effect sound better for me, or?
!J.O.O.E.!
Defunct

27.05.2014 at 01:06
Written by Ilham on 27.05.2014 at 00:59

Well, that's not a very good sales pitch for me! Sure I tend to lose weight when I play games like that, because I have to go work out when I epically ragequit. I leave DS to you, looks as if you're a lot more patient. My kvltest ragequits were not during Zelda, it was Crash Bandicoot. Man, the number of timeouts and groundings I got because of the tantrums I used to throw after dying 20 times at the same spot...

So, Mass Effect sound better for me, or?

Aha, fair enough. Though I think you're missing out. There's no game quite like it. I'm sure you'll get to it one day.

Mass Effect series is probably a better bet for you though. Not a difficult series by a long shot, and more about the epic story and choices you make throughout the game. Gameplay is really solid, well, it is after the first game, where it's a little iffy, though it does have the best story to it and the most RPG elements, as well as planetary exploration. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

At any rate it's the only two franchises in recent times that drew me in to the point I forgot how to interact with real people after playing them, and probably lost a lot of weight and sleep from how immersive they were.
----
Ilham
Giant robot

27.05.2014 at 01:32
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 27.05.2014 at 01:06

Aha, fair enough. Though I think you're missing out. There's no game quite like it. I'm sure you'll get to it one day.
Mass Effect series is probably a better bet for you though. Not a difficult series by a long shot, and more about the epic story and choices you make throughout the game. Gameplay is really solid, well, it is after the first game, where it's a little iffy, though it does have the best story to it and the most RPG elements, as well as planetary exploration. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
At any rate it's the only two franchises in recent times that drew me in to the point I forgot how to interact with real people after playing them, and probably lost a lot of weight and sleep from how immersive they were.

Yeah I'll get to it. It's just that I've been weaned off gaming for so long. I don't want to spend days looking for something good to play. It's like when you go back home after a long holiday. You can already imagine that the poop you're going to have will be the most comfortable ever. I'm not looking for difficulty right now. Although I don't want to breeze through the game either. I almost never finish games, but that's because I get too sad when I finish them. So yeah Mass Effect. Much obliged!
Dima

27.05.2014 at 02:33
Written by Ilham on 27.05.2014 at 01:32

1) Ye Mass Effect is probably your best bet.
2) FF XII is indeed very pretty and quite underrated.
3) I would recommend The Witcher franchise but the steam sale on those games just ended and some people are turned off by the first because of the dated visuals. Number 2 is one of the prettiest games to date though.
4) One shouldn't go a lifetime without experiencing a Souls game.
----
|A New Power is Rising|
IronAngel

27.05.2014 at 12:20
I guess I'm dated, but it never even occured to me that the first Witcher looked dated. What bothered me is that they used the same fucking five or six models for every NPC, except a few central to the plot, and the art style is completely different. The side characters look comical and cartoonish, whereas the PC and some other people are proportioned more realistically. The game slogs pretty bad for the first half, but gets better towards the end. I think it had the world, the mood and to a lesser extent the story going for it, but the gameplay and pacing was a little meh. Good game but didn't compel me to play 2 yet. (I started, but quit in the stupid prison sequence with pathetic stealth.)

If you like grand strategy and historical sims, Crusader Kings II is pretty amazing. Breed your own dynasty and try to keep them in power amidst the tanged webs of feudalism. With Old Gods, you can sacrifice the pope on an altar to Odin, too. You don't exactly "win" that game, the fun is in the unexpected.
Dima

27.05.2014 at 13:18
The main protagonist usually gets more attention in the graphical department. It's still present in some games to this day. My opinion on the story differs quite a bit as I consider the game having one of the best set of stories out there. The detective role that you embrace during the early chapters is brilliant. Contrary, I personally dislike the political nature of The Witcher 2 story because fuck politics.
----
|A New Power is Rising|
!J.O.O.E.!
Defunct

27.05.2014 at 13:37
Written by Dima on 27.05.2014 at 13:18

The main protagonist usually gets more attention in the graphical department. It's still present in some games to this day. My opinion on the story differs quite a bit as I consider the game having one of the best set of stories out there. The detective role that you embrace during the early chapters is brilliant. Contrary, I personally dislike the political nature of The Witcher 2 story because fuck politics.

Kind of why FF Tactics' story bores me to be honest, despite being a brilliant game. I'm sure it's a very well written but after a few hours I literally can't keep up with the dozens of characters (all with exactly the same faces and weird unmemorable names) and what their political leanings and interests are. Same with Tactics Ogre to a large extent, though it's slightly more comprehensible. Yasumi Matsuno games are always dripping with political drama though. FF12 and Vagrant Story kept it pretty light however.
----
Dima

27.05.2014 at 14:45
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 27.05.2014 at 13:37

FF 12 deserves more love man...deserves more love.
----
|A New Power is Rising|
!J.O.O.E.!
Defunct

27.05.2014 at 14:53
Written by Dima on 27.05.2014 at 14:45

FF 12 deserves more love man...deserves more love.

I know right. I think they made a mistake promoting Vaan as the main character. Probably to appeal to the Japanese audience, but after a few hours when the story gets going he falls right off the map and barely has any plot time again. If they'd been more honest and kept him as a (admittedly sucky) party character and promoted Ashe, Balthier or Basch, all really well written and realised characters with more screen time than the others, then people might not have hated on the game for Vaan.

That aside I thought the battle system worked really well; lots of customisation Gambit options for your party (eventually) as well as really huge, almost open-world environments, really nice graphical style (well, lots of brown but I've always liked the art style associated with Matsuno games), great music, lots to do with the Mark system, decent story; not the best but it was mature and tried to break away from the cliches associated with J-RPGs especially with regard to the characters. Yeah, it's a great game. The best since IX I think.
----
Dima

27.05.2014 at 15:12
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 27.05.2014 at 14:53

Honestly I don't remember anything about the game apart from Vaan being a mild homosexual poopface (that exposed chest.. cmon now), Fran being hot, Basch being Basch and Balthier being the badass of the century.
----
|A New Power is Rising|
!J.O.O.E.!
Defunct

27.05.2014 at 15:16
Written by Dima on 27.05.2014 at 15:12

Fran being hot

Haha, yeah, I always made her the character I control, just to watch her walk from behind.

Furries for the win.
----
Ilham
Giant robot

27.05.2014 at 15:49
Bleh. I'm not buying Mass Effect, I was hoping I'd get it for less than 10$ on Steam. I'm going to do it the pirate way. Arr! *mimics a hook*
FFXII will be next. Witcher does sound appealing, I don't care if the graphics are dated, I'm pretty dated.
IronAngel

27.05.2014 at 16:49
You might want to check Deus Ex: Human Revolution (and of course the original) for some cyberpunk stealth-action-RPG goodness. The gameplay is a little different to Mass Effect but the idea is close enough to make the comparison and say it's a lot better. Fairly good maps that allow for different approaches. It is not as epic and cinematic storywise, and you have no party, but it's pretty solid.

If you can grab the Dragon Age: Origins unlimited pack off a Steam sale, it's some really good party-based RPG adventure with a lot of alternative beginnings and strong companion characters, and combat in real time or in tactical mode. If you like old isometric RPGs, this is probably the best modern game to bring you back to Baldur's Gate days.
Mattybu

27.05.2014 at 21:45
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 27.05.2014 at 15:16

Written by Dima on 27.05.2014 at 15:12

Fran being hot

Haha, yeah, I always made her the character I control, just to watch her walk from behind.

Furries for the win.

That post reminded me of the large masses of dudes who play female draineis in WoW....

There are in-depth forum threads out there where WoW players discuss which race in the game is the "hottest"... apparently hooves and tentacles are a big plus Mind you I play a female character but more for the lols, seeing as trolls are probably the ugliest and most off-putting race in the game.
!J.O.O.E.!
Defunct

27.05.2014 at 21:46
Written by Mattybu on 27.05.2014 at 21:45

That post reminded me of the large masses of dudes who play female draineis in WoW....

There are in-depth forum threads out there where WoW players discuss which race in the game is the "hottest"... apparently hooves and tentacles are a big plus Mind you I play a female character but more for the lols, seeing as trolls are probably the ugliest and most off-putting race in the game.

I've had worse
----
Mattybu

27.05.2014 at 21:47
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 27.05.2014 at 21:46

Written by Mattybu on 27.05.2014 at 21:45

I've had worse

Ilham
Giant robot

27.05.2014 at 21:59
Written by IronAngel on 27.05.2014 at 16:49

You might want to check Deus Ex: Human Revolution (and of course the original) for some cyberpunk stealth-action-RPG goodness. The gameplay is a little different to Mass Effect but the idea is close enough to make the comparison and say it's a lot better. Fairly good maps that allow for different approaches. It is not as epic and cinematic storywise, and you have no party, but it's pretty solid.

If you can grab the Dragon Age: Origins unlimited pack off a Steam sale, it's some really good party-based RPG adventure with a lot of alternative beginnings and strong companion characters, and combat in real time or in tactical mode. If you like old isometric RPGs, this is probably the best modern game to bring you back to Baldur's Gate days.

Dudski, you're throwing too many names in my direction. But that's nice, to describe the games, and not just mention them. I played the first Deus Ex, long time ago. I didn't try the sequel though. Dragon Age turns me on a lot less though. I am familiar with Baldur's Gate, but that's not exactly what I'm looking for now. Much obliged.
Ilham
Giant robot

27.05.2014 at 22:02
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 27.05.2014 at 21:46

I've had worse

!J.O.O.E.!
Defunct

27.05.2014 at 22:05
Written by Ilham on 27.05.2014 at 22:02

Lolol, reminds me of this scene from Death Becomes Her

http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/33000000/Death-Becomes-Her-death-becomes-her-33021077-1500-962.jpg

Ok, that image isn't playing fair, just copy pasta it.
----
Ilham
Giant robot

27.05.2014 at 22:10
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 27.05.2014 at 22:05

lol, reminds me of this scene from Death Becomes Her

http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/33000000/Death-Becomes-Her-death-becomes-her-33021077-1500-962.jpg

Ok, that image isn't playing fair, just copy pasta it.

Bro, you made me work too much for not enough lulz. You owe me a good joke.
!J.O.O.E.!
Defunct

27.05.2014 at 22:16
Written by Ilham on 27.05.2014 at 22:10

You owe me a good joke.

deadone? Ah no, that's too easy. Just like deadone!

Thanks folks, I'm here till Thursday. Try the veal.
----
Ernis
狼獾

27.05.2014 at 22:18
Silent Hill 3 is one of the main games I've been playing these days. For me it's the best of all the instalments of the franchise that I've played. My current goal is to go for a ten star runthrough.

The other one that I play at the moment is Assassin's Creed Black Flag. Great game... visually beautiful... So far I'm very content...
----
Go ahead, make my day...
Ilham
Giant robot

27.05.2014 at 22:20
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 27.05.2014 at 22:16

deadone? Ah no, that's too easy. Just like deadone!

Thanks folks, I'm here till Thursday. Try the veal.

Hey, get off my stage, you're just the warm-up act.
Still, I'm not striking that joke-debt off your tab. Not good enough.
!J.O.O.E.!
Defunct

27.05.2014 at 22:21
Written by Ernis on 27.05.2014 at 22:18

Silent Hill 3 is one of the main games I've been playing these days. For me it's the best of all the instalments of the franchise that I've played. My current goal is to go for a ten star runthrough.

More than 2? Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed 3, but mostly as it was a continuation of the story from 1. As a game it didn't exactly push the boundaries and I thought Silent Hill 2 had the better cast, story and locations.
----
!J.O.O.E.!
Defunct

27.05.2014 at 22:22
Written by Ilham on 27.05.2014 at 22:20

Hey, get off my stage, you're just the warm-up act.
Still, I'm not striking that joke-debt off your tab. Not good enough.

I don't think I'll ever repay this debt. You've effectively castrated my comedic abilities with this pressure.
----
Ilham
Giant robot

27.05.2014 at 22:24
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 27.05.2014 at 22:22

I don't think I'll ever repay this debt. You've effectively castrated my comedic abilities with this pressure.

Well, that attitude is not going to attract anything but hobbit-girls.
!J.O.O.E.!
Defunct

27.05.2014 at 22:25
Written by Ilham on 27.05.2014 at 22:24

Well, that attitude is not going to attract anything but hobbit-girls.

Lucky I like hairy feet then.
----
Ilham
Giant robot

27.05.2014 at 22:27
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 27.05.2014 at 22:25

Lucky I like hairy feet then.

Suit yourself. Learn to measure the power of your words, young one.

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 34

Login or register to post here.