‹‹ Back to the Recreation Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 34
Users visited: 335  
Search this topic:  

!J.O.O.E.!
Aestheticist

22.05.2014 at 13:34
Written by whatsacow on 22.05.2014 at 13:31

If you have an AMD card, don't bother on PC. It's poorly optimised, and you can't turn effects like Anti-Aliasing or Depth of Field off. I mean, the lowest you can take Depth of Field to is medium. That's fucking retarded.

Well I'm Nvidia, but that sounds pretty dumb. I know some cards have their own effects and AA, but there should also be an alternative. DoF should always be an option to.
----
!J.O.O.E.!
Aestheticist

22.05.2014 at 13:36
Written by Dima on 22.05.2014 at 12:46

Well Watch Dogs looks pretty ugly on last gen consoles...

Some gameplay

Well not a massive surprise considering it's being run on ancient 8 year old technology =P
----
Dima

22.05.2014 at 13:55
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 22.05.2014 at 13:36

Written by Dima on 22.05.2014 at 12:46

Well Watch Dogs looks pretty ugly on last gen consoles...

Some gameplay

Well not a massive surprise considering it's being run on ancient 8 year old technology =P

GTAV looked much better, and that's a game of a similar scale.
!J.O.O.E.!
Aestheticist

22.05.2014 at 14:12
Written by Dima on 22.05.2014 at 13:55

Perhaps, though that game was made specifically for next gen, whereas I think Watch Dogs was effectively backwards engineered to work on last gen.
----
Dima

22.05.2014 at 14:18
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 22.05.2014 at 14:12

Written by Dima on 22.05.2014 at 13:55

Perhaps, though that game was made specifically for next gen, whereas I think Watch Dogs was effectively backwards engineered to work on last gen.

Ye maybe. I also hope that dreadful framerate is caused by his capturing device because that isn't even close to 30FPS.
!J.O.O.E.!
Aestheticist

22.05.2014 at 14:22
Written by Dima on 22.05.2014 at 14:18

Ye maybe. I also hope that dreadful framerate is caused by his capturing device because that isn't even close to 30FPS.

That would have been my major complaint. Youtube supposedly outputs at 30fps, that wasn't 30 by a long shit.
----
Dima

22.05.2014 at 14:25
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 22.05.2014 at 14:22

Written by Dima on 22.05.2014 at 14:18

That would have been my major complaint. Youtube supposedly outputs at 30fps, that wasn't 30 by a long shit.

Ye. Beating a dead horse here but dem cans and teeth though
http://i1.minus.com/iDery8nKHk7jH.jpg
ANGEL REAPER

22.05.2014 at 17:40

Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 21.05.2014 at 21:12

Written by ANGEL REAPER on 21.05.2014 at 20:42

So i am watching a Wolfenstein New Order gameplay and story line on YT an am so pleased ..cant wait to patch up a hardware good enough to run this one !

Saw TotalBiscuit's video for it yesterday and did does look quite fun. Dual-wielding auto-shotguns looks like a laugh.

If you have an AMD card, don't bother on PC. It's poorly optimised, and you can't turn effects like Anti-Aliasing or Depth of Field off. I mean, the lowest you can take Depth of Field to is medium. That's fucking retarded.

not giving damn about specs or the graphics anyway .... i like the game overall and i think i would play it eve if it looks like Return to Castle Wolfenstein from 15 years ago ...
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
!J.O.O.E.!
Aestheticist

22.05.2014 at 18:13
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 22.05.2014 at 17:40

not giving damn about specs or the graphics anyway .... i like the game overall and i think i would play it eve if it looks like Return to Castle Wolfenstein from 15 years ago ...

Well from what I understand it has a level from that game in it so I guess everyone's a winner
----
ANGEL REAPER

22.05.2014 at 20:47
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 22.05.2014 at 18:13

Well from what I understand it has a level from that game in it so I guess everyone's a winner

yes it has ..its a something like dream sequence... its actually a level from original Wolfenstein from 93
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
whatsacow

23.05.2014 at 02:57

Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 21.05.2014 at 21:12

Written by ANGEL REAPER on 21.05.2014 at 20:42

So i am watching a Wolfenstein New Order gameplay and story line on YT an am so pleased ..cant wait to patch up a hardware good enough to run this one !

Saw TotalBiscuit's video for it yesterday and did does look quite fun. Dual-wielding auto-shotguns looks like a laugh.

I don't think you understand. It makes the game unplayable. The graphics options as they are don't allow you turn down enough options to have it run smoothly. Frame rate dips are constant.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
ANGEL REAPER

23.05.2014 at 11:24
Written by whatsacow on 23.05.2014 at 02:57

I don't think you understand. It makes the game unplayable. The graphics options as they are don't allow you turn down enough options to have it run smoothly. Frame rate dips are constant.

that is why i originally wrote that i consider buying better hardware in first place
----
!J.O.O.E.!
Aestheticist

23.05.2014 at 21:01
Finished the two Metro games. Have to say, I didn't think I would enjoy a single player FPS again as much I did these two, but they have quality in absolute abundance. Amazing visuals, engaging story, really well-written dialogue, fantastic atmosphere that puts most horror games to shame. Granted, they're a bit sexist but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't totally into the lapdance bit. Definitely the best computer-rendered female body I've ever seen (turned tessellation right for up for that I can tell you). Will probably give Metro 2033 another run through when the Redux version gets released as it's in dire need of optimisation and will be nice to play it on very high without my PC grinding to a halt (though I suspect it won't look much better than it did on high). Funny that Last Light was probably one of the most well optimised games I've ever played.

Didn't like the change of voice actor though for the protagonist. I loved the tone and delivery of the original guy. Felt very genuine. Last Light just sounded like generic guard sentry.
----
Dima

24.05.2014 at 03:04
I thought Metro Last Light was ass. Just some guy in some world fighting a common set of enemies and a last stand to end the game that I disliked. Both the salvation and sacrifice ending OSTs were nice though.
!J.O.O.E.!
Aestheticist

24.05.2014 at 14:46
Well that's pretty much a description of every FPS ever =P
----
RavenEffect

24.05.2014 at 14:57
Child of Light.

really simple RPG with a turn-based combat system filled with real-time mechanics. While the game itself isnt nothing new and spectacular, the art and the narrative are amazing.
!J.O.O.E.!
Aestheticist

24.05.2014 at 16:00
Written by RavenEffect on 24.05.2014 at 14:57

Child of Light.

really simple RPG with a turn-based combat system filled with real-time mechanics. While the game itself isnt nothing new and spectacular, the art and the narrative are amazing.

I've played it a bit. It certainly is one of the best looking games I've ever played, and the battle mechanics seem sound. The whole fairy tale thing isn't my bag though so it doesn't draw me in as much as I'd like.
----
Mattybu

24.05.2014 at 17:40
A pretty substantial while ago I got the God of War saga thing for PS3 and I just started God of War III the other day. Playing them in order I was very happy with the first two. I really have liked the stories in these games, and I think Kratos is one of the coolest characters in all of video games. God of War II in particular had some of the best boss fights I have ever experienced. In particular the ones at the end and the one against Perseus.

God of War III is basically the exact same gameplay just with way better graphics, and as such could be the best of the series for me. We'll have to see how the rest plays out but 2 boss fights in, everything is looking good. I imagine a lot of people rip on GoW for not changing the formula up enough but I for one am happy they just kept it the same for the third game. It's one of the all time tried and true formulas of video game history, and it hinges completely on the gameplay (fighting mechanics in particular), which is solid as always so it is a great time.
!J.O.O.E.!
Aestheticist

25.05.2014 at 00:45
So yeah, snagged the leaked PC version of Watch Dogs. Played it for about an hour and seems ok. Not quite as pretty as I'd expected but not bad. Seen a lot of people complain about the optimisation but I've been getting 30 - 40fps minimum outside with pretty much everything maxed out (which I certainly did not expect on my card), aside from the AA, which I've kept on SMAA. Even have the Textures on high despite my GPU not having the 2GB memory it apparently needs. The only thing that seems to cause issues is having the Shadows on ultra, which has some weird stuttering, but like the Detail setting there seems to be almost no apparent difference between high and ultra.

Gonna try some Beta drivers and see if that gets even better results.
----
Dima

25.05.2014 at 04:45
Written by Mattybu on 24.05.2014 at 17:40

imo god of war 2 is one of the best games ever made.
Mattybu

25.05.2014 at 06:16
Written by Dima on 25.05.2014 at 04:45

Written by Mattybu on 24.05.2014 at 17:40

imo god of war 2 is one of the best games ever made.

I can see why it would be considered that. I think I would place it above the original at this point, but the 3rd is on track to being my personal favourite if it keeps up the way it's going so far. I find the second game really took it to another level with the boss fights, and the majestic environments (the island especially) were really something else. Not only that but for a PS2 game (even though the PS3 was out by the time it was released) it had some of the best graphics I have ever seen. The only thing that makes me hesitate to call it one of the best games ever made is that I honestly had no real urge to get back into it once I had finished the story once. All the games I consider the best ever have a ton of replay value too. That really just varies person to person though, I could definitely see people getting a lot of enjoyment out of multiple playthroughs of GoW2.

Just looking at it as a video game out there on the market though, hard to really find any flaws with it.
Dima

25.05.2014 at 10:14
Open world survival horror game. Looks promising. $15 early access May 30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9mr4k9X6c8

Gifs here: http://survivetheforest.com/hom/

Written by Mattybu on 25.05.2014 at 06:16

Yep it's hard to find faults with it. Visuals, puzzles, combat, bosses, story, characters, level design, quicktime events etc. It was as close to a perfect game as you can get.
!J.O.O.E.!
Aestheticist

25.05.2014 at 11:59
God of War? You mean God of Snore They should really bring back auto-fire gamepads like you used to be able to get on the SNES and Mega Drive. Save all that button mashing I think DMC 1 is probably the closest a spectacle fighter will ever get to a masterpiece, and even that got boring pretty fast.
----
Dima

25.05.2014 at 13:41
Regarding button mashing and quick time events, what separates GoW for me is that it's entertaining and flashy; it was executed really well. One reason why the latest Tomb Raider is poop is cause the action sequences in the quick time events were just unecessary. Also Witcher 2 wouldn't have been as bad if the button mashing combat wasn't boring.
!J.O.O.E.!
Aestheticist

25.05.2014 at 16:05
To me it's just another Bioshock-alike: all presentation and graphics, linear slogging and minimal gameplay. Go here, mash-buttons, go here mash more buttons. Didn't really see the point of it to be honest.

Dunno if I'd call Witcher 2 a total button masher though. Pretty sure that would get you killed pretty quick on the more challenging difficulties. There was actually a little skill involved.
----
Mattybu

25.05.2014 at 16:46
I do think there is more depth to the gameplay than just mashing buttons in God of War, well if you want there to be. If you want to keep up bigger combos you benefit from using different moves and you will need to dodge/block at some point cause there's often like 10 things attacking at once. Mind you, on most the lower difficulties, if you really want to just blow through the game you can get by attacking with just square most of the time. Still there are lots of awesomely violent finishing moves and a lot of different attacks to keep it interesting if you use them. The feel of the game is a lot different than Bioshock though, GoW games basically play like an action movie with little to no character development, and Bioshock came off to me as trying to be artsy and sophisticated.

But at the same time I think the repetitive nature of the combat in GoW is probably what keeps me from playing the games more than once.
Dima

26.05.2014 at 00:57
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 25.05.2014 at 16:05

Dunno if I'd call Witcher 2 a total button masher though. Pretty sure that would get you killed pretty quick on the more challenging difficulties. There was actually a little skill involved.

Same applies to God of War though. On the easier difficulties you can button mash your heart out but the harder ones require some thought.
Dima

26.05.2014 at 12:26
'next gen' https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGRsrFdwb2c
!J.O.O.E.!
Aestheticist

26.05.2014 at 13:44
Written by Dima on 26.05.2014 at 12:26

'next gen' https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGRsrFdwb2c

Interesting, though I find the comments amusing in that people are apparently going to "save their money" because things like the damage models aren't as advanced as they'd like them to be, and other such lame reasons. Really goes to show people buy games for the graphics. GTA IV was awful and that video doesn't take that into consideration don't really know how Watch Dogs stands up yet though to be honest, haven't got round to doing any story stuff. From a visual point of view I'm generally not offended by the graphics, aside from some of the shop textures which worrying low res. On the whole it's certainly not the game from the E3 demo trailer from 2 years back.
----
Dima

26.05.2014 at 14:37
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 26.05.2014 at 13:44

Yes some of the comments are stupid. Yes GTAIV was terrible. I have many reasons for not purchasing the game but one is simply because they lied to us..and frankly, its a pity and quite worrying if you ask me. I mean, this was supposed to be one of the first true next gen games that could be used as a pillar, an example for other devs to learn from and to show gamers what these new consoles are capable of. What I got out of that video is that the problem not only lies with the lack of graphical fidelity (which when playing won't bother me as much like they do others) but the lack of attention to detail. The godamn water pump goes through the car... that's just embarrassing. This all goes back to what I can't stand most in the gaming industry and that's companies announcing games prematurely and giving them release dates, sometimes delayed dates they can't properly meet. Honestly the dagger in the coffin for me will be if CD Projekt Red doesn't deliver on what what they've promised with The Witcher 3.

I'm still gonna play it and my heart will probably enjoy it. My head on the other hand...

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 34

Login or register to post here.