‹‹ Back to the Recreation Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 34
Users visited: 290  
Search this topic:  

kesh
Account deleted
  09.09.2012 at 00:57
Know folk who can't get a pin as they've stopped selling digital sales of GW2 as the servers are full. I can't get in world vs world server battles on desolation (unofficial uk server, which is kicking every other servers Arse).
Oaken
Hipster

13.09.2012 at 02:41
I'm playing Max Payne 3. Good game, that guy seems to never, ever die.
----
In that case, man is only air as well.
whatsacow

13.09.2012 at 05:38
Written by Oaken on 13.09.2012 at 02:41

Really? It's a decently hard game, so my Max died a fuckload.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
Fredd
Momo

13.09.2012 at 16:09
Nowadays, I only play ArmA II online. It's a quite rewarding game. To hell with Call of Duty and Battlefield, this is the best shooter I've ever played. Can't wait for ArmA III.
----
Written by Ilham on 17.06.2014 at 00:01

You're a very mild internet version of the Joker .
Oaken
Hipster

13.09.2012 at 16:33
Written by whatsacow on 13.09.2012 at 05:38

Written by Oaken on 13.09.2012 at 02:41

Really? It's a decently hard game, so my Max died a fuckload.

I'm playing it with the easiest settings and the aim assist turned on
BTW I meant that in the cutscenes he gets shot and falls from roofs and many other things, but he's so immortal
----
In that case, man is only air as well.
Slayer666

14.09.2012 at 00:10
Enjoying Darksiders 2 at the moment. Good stuff, it's like a beefed-up version of the original Darksiders which was pretty pleasing already. I don't like how there seems to be more puzzles/platforming than last time, but oh well... Death is hella badass.
!J.O.O.E.!
Mr. Off-Topic

14.09.2012 at 19:22
Downloading Black Mesa now, at a ridiculously slow pace from the one mirror that actually works.
----
Angelic Storm
Melodious

14.09.2012 at 21:37
Got Tekken Tag Tournament 2 today. Hope it will be good!
!J.O.O.E.!
Mr. Off-Topic

14.09.2012 at 22:15
Black Mesa installed and played through the tutorial. Looks nice but the game still gives me bad motion sickness.
----
Delvestius

15.09.2012 at 20:29
Written by whatsacow on 08.09.2012 at 11:36

I'm adoring guild wars 2. TBH I never played a mmorpg before, but i love this.

I was really into Guild Wars, and really excited when GW2 was coming out. I got into the beta and loved it. Sometime over the summer though, It just kind of lost its appeal to me, and I knew I wasn't gonna have much time to play it, so I have yet to purchase it. I heard it's doing fairly well, though.

Right now the only game I'v been playing is the Lord of the Rings mod for Medieval II total war. Can't wait to get the Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition and 3DS Paper Mario when they come out.
whatsacow

18.09.2012 at 10:13
Currently into the Black Mesa mod for Half Life 2. Wow. The changes they made to the original are fantastic. More detail in the world, an amazing soundtrack, making less platforming sections... The only problem is the voice acting, it's kind of crumby. But everything else is fantastic. I'm in love with this game.
Also, since I'm in nostalgia mode I'm playing system shock 2 again. Dear god, this game is still creepy. THough I think it's the zombies apologising while trying to kill you that gets to me. I'm also playing Abe's Exoddus, and Planescape Torment. Nostalgia is fun!
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
!J.O.O.E.!
Mr. Off-Topic

18.09.2012 at 13:17
Written by whatsacow on 18.09.2012 at 10:13

Currently into the Black Mesa mod for Half Life 2. Wow. The changes they made to the original are fantastic. More detail in the world, an amazing soundtrack, making less platforming sections... The only problem is the voice acting, it's kind of crumby. But everything else is fantastic. I'm in love with this game.

Honestly, I haven't been able to get into it one bit. It still looks really dated and uninteresting, and the whole crouch + jump thing is retarded. The whole time I just wished I was playing HL2.
----
Sangre Sani

18.09.2012 at 17:36
I don't know if I can count it as a video game, but I currently play LOTR: The Two Towers on Gameboy Advance. Good game.
----
whatsacow

18.09.2012 at 19:06
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 18.09.2012 at 13:17

Written by whatsacow on 18.09.2012 at 10:13

Honestly, I haven't been able to get into it one bit. It still looks really dated and uninteresting, and the whole crouch + jump thing is retarded. The whole time I just wished I was playing HL2.

The crouch+jump thing is stupid, though I love the game itself. The intro, meeting everyone, then watching them get violently murdered, then gathering together a ragtag group of survivors whom I give personalities to, making it even sadder when they die. It has such a dark sense of humor too, it's brilliant. ANd I just love the series sense of pacing. It's just an amazing game that I can barely put down. Half Life 2 is much better, though I like the enclosed, more horror like nature of this game.
----
!J.O.O.E.!
Mr. Off-Topic

18.09.2012 at 21:54
Written by whatsacow on 18.09.2012 at 19:06

The crouch+jump thing is stupid, though I love the game itself. The intro, meeting everyone, then watching them get violently murdered, then gathering together a ragtag group of survivors whom I give personalities to, making it even sadder when they die. It has such a dark sense of humor too, it's brilliant. ANd I just love the series sense of pacing. It's just an amazing game that I can barely put down. Half Life 2 is much better, though I like the enclosed, more horror like nature of this game.

Well I'll be honest, I never saw what people got with Half Life 1. I played it near its release date and even then it didn't seem like anything special to me. Really boring level design, uninteresting enemies etc. I was amazed at how good HL2 was after it considering how I felt its predecessor. Still dwarfs every other FPS to this day with ease (as does Episode Two). I guess I was hoping Black Mesa would somehow elevate it to HL2 territory or close.
----
whatsacow

18.09.2012 at 22:27
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 18.09.2012 at 21:54

Written by whatsacow on 18.09.2012 at 19:06

Well I'll be honest, I never saw what people got with Half Life 1. I played it near its release date and even then it didn't seem like anything special to me. Really boring level design, uninteresting enemies etc. I was amazed at how good HL2 was after it considering how I felt its predecessor. Still dwarfs every other FPS to this day with ease (as does Episode Two). I guess I was hoping Black Mesa would somehow elevate it to HL2 territory or close.

From what I've learnt from you, Half Life should be your type of game, especially if you played it at its time of release. The pace isn't fast paced, but I like that, down time is good. The enemies may not be much to look at, but they are fun to kill. It's all in one environment, but at the time it was fucking ground breaking. Each to their own, I guess. Half Life 2 has no peer and is without a doubt the best fps ever made, but the first one is so different but so similar at the same time... it's sort of like the first one is Alien, and the sequel is Aliens.
----
!J.O.O.E.!
Mr. Off-Topic

18.09.2012 at 22:42
Written by whatsacow on 18.09.2012 at 22:27

From what I've learnt from you, Half Life should be your type of game, especially if you played it at its time of release. The pace isn't fast paced, but I like that, down time is good. The enemies may not be much to look at, but they are fun to kill. It's all in one environment, but at the time it was fucking ground breaking. Each to their own, I guess. Half Life 2 has no peer and is without a doubt the best fps ever made, but the first one is so different but so similar at the same time... it's sort of like the first one is Alien, and the sequel is Aliens.

Yeah I'm not sure why the game never appealed to me. Chronic motion sickness was definitely part of it that I've rarely had worse from any other FPS but to me the levels just looked very bland and the atmosphere never came through for me.
----
whatsacow

19.09.2012 at 14:02
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 18.09.2012 at 22:42

Written by whatsacow on 18.09.2012 at 22:27

Yeah I'm not sure why the game never appealed to me. Chronic motion sickness was definitely part of it that I've rarely had worse from any other FPS but to me the levels just looked very bland and the atmosphere never came through for me.

I don't know, I guess I just get more into it. I fill in the blanks, make up personalities and kind of roleplay a little, and it's quite entertaining.
----
whatsacow

21.09.2012 at 11:35
Playing Spec Ops: The Line. Wow. This is rare. A game that actually made me feel emotion other than glee for killing things, or frustration. But damn you game, stop making me feel guilty for your decisions! I didn't want to do either of those things!
----
psykometal
Staffpool

23.09.2012 at 02:44
Currently playing Borderlands 2, lvl 22 Zer0 at the moment focused on Sniping tree. Way better than Borderlands, it's actually frustrating because the AI is way better and the better guns are rarer which is a good thing, makes the game more satisfying...
----
~Zep~
BoxCar Willy
John Doe

23.09.2012 at 03:22
Tbh I haven't been playing at all. Between work, school, writing music, I have little interest in it anymore, sadly
----
Pop punk crusader
Cill O' Connor

23.09.2012 at 17:17
Started playing Skyrim again. I love the Elder Scrolls world so much, it almost feels like home
psykometal
Staffpool

23.09.2012 at 18:49
Written by Cill O' Connor on 23.09.2012 at 17:17

Started playing Skyrim again. I love the Elder Scrolls world so much, it almost feels like home

I played so much that I actually got burned out on it, I've played over a dozen playthroughs using diff species and builds every time. Obviously I didn't finish every time but I still got burned out. Been waiting for Bethesda to release Dawnguard on PS3 but for some reason they can't seem to make it work so now they're saying that PS3 players might just be fucked out of ALL Skyrim DLC because they can't seem to figure out why the PS3 version of the game is so fucked up compared to the 360 and PC versions...
----
~Zep~
Cill O' Connor

23.09.2012 at 21:19
Written by psykometal on 23.09.2012 at 18:49

I played so much that I actually got burned out on it, I've played over a dozen playthroughs using diff species and builds every time. Obviously I didn't finish every time but I still got burned out. Been waiting for Bethesda to release Dawnguard on PS3 but for some reason they can't seem to make it work so now they're saying that PS3 players might just be fucked out of ALL Skyrim DLC because they can't seem to figure out why the PS3 version of the game is so fucked up compared to the 360 and PC versions...

Yep I get fed up with it every now and then, but that's only after playing it for consecutive months non-stop. Yeah in Oblivion I had a frustrating/silly habit of being so OCD about my character that I'd delete them (because I didn't think they were perfect enough) and start over from the beginning to try a class with different attributes.

I still haven't played Dawnguard, only found out it existed the other day! So I'll download it for 360 once I finally finish the Thieves Guild and D. Brotherhood questlines.

If I were you I would just save up and get a gaming PC: better gaming community, more games, better graphics (depending on your graphics card and how much you're willing to invest) and you won't have to lose out on getting access to certain games/DLC because of the console wars.
MetalSpider

24.09.2012 at 21:15
I've basically finished Sleeping Dogs. I completed the main story (which was a bit short if you do all the missions one after the other) and just about every side mission. It was fun for sure. The graphics weren't the greatest but the gameplay was a lot of fun. There's not that much to do once you've completed everything. You can keep competing in Martial Arts club events, but it's basically all the same...just fighting 6 waves of enemies in hand-to-hand combat (which is a lot of fun and well done). And there's other small events (betting on cock fighting and playing poker mahjong) and things to collect. And of course you can just drive around and cause mayhem like running over pedestrians, being chased by cops etc. There's nothing quite like running in the street and doing a flying kick or just beating up a bunch of random pedestrians.

Up next for me though...Batman: Arkham City
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
whatsacow

25.09.2012 at 00:05
Written by psykometal on 23.09.2012 at 18:49

Written by Cill O' Connor on 23.09.2012 at 17:17

Don't worry, you aren't missing much. The vampire lord is cool and all, but the rest is eh. Elder's Scrolls series kind of sucks in terms of story, combat etc and only really works for exploration. There aren't many new places to explore, therefore, its kind of shit.
----
psykometal
Staffpool

25.09.2012 at 01:02
Written by whatsacow on 25.09.2012 at 00:05

Don't worry, you aren't missing much. The vampire lord is cool and all, but the rest is eh. Elder's Scrolls series kind of sucks in terms of story, combat etc and only really works for exploration. There aren't many new places to explore, therefore, its kind of shit.

I'm annoyed by it but not as much because Borderlands 2 is out so I can just get my fp/rpg fix from that...
----
~Zep~
whatsacow

26.09.2012 at 12:42
Hmmm... Sorry Borderlands... Torchlight 2 won't let me play you...
----
Grey Wind

26.09.2012 at 14:37
Not a huge gamer nowadays but recently I'm playing Resident Evil 5.

The good side of it: After playing games like DMC and RE games I pretty much know the enemy's AI patterns & the formula to defeat bosses. If you played the series you know that no matter how strong a zombie it, it will never get past a ladder LADDERS > Zombies Regarding bosses, They usually make them look intimidating or impossibly strong but they have HUGE weakpoints(no, not ladders). Find those and it's all over for the baddies.

The bad side: At a certain chapter the zombies get guns which makes everything harder but doesn't make sense
Also, the plot is really retarded...."blah blah blah super soldiers blah blah experiment gone wrong blah blah".

Still it's a good game!!! awesome with metal in the background!
----
My music: https://soundcloud.com/uzi-t
Malphas

26.09.2012 at 16:48
Wow just finished Spec Ops: The Line...one word: EPIC, the twist of events was really great, a bit sick but very very interesting, i did not see it coming xD

and yeah once i get my hands on Torchlight 2...college will have to take a break

in the meantime playing bulletstorm again, one of the best games ever
----
exclude the impossible, and what's left is the truth.

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 34

Login or register to post here.