‹‹ Back to the Recreation Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 34
Users visited: 273  
Search this topic:  

tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal

19.04.2012 at 02:18
Written by Slayer666 on 18.04.2012 at 17:43

The single greatest game ever published, to be exact. Went through that bitch 8 times and thinking of acing it once more soon.

Relax a sec big guy!. Even tho it had it's moments (the haunted house scene), overall it was a great idea executed poorly. First game to license the HL2 engine, it was broke as hell and the developers didn't do shit to fix it. The game lives on because of the community and modders.
----
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPfaQJuWGvU
whatsacow

19.04.2012 at 04:57
Written by tea[m]ster on 19.04.2012 at 02:18

Written by Slayer666 on 18.04.2012 at 17:43

The single greatest game ever published, to be exact. Went through that bitch 8 times and thinking of acing it once more soon.

Relax a sec big guy!. Even tho it had it's moments (the haunted house scene), overall it was a great idea executed poorly. First game to license the HL2 engine, it was broke as hell and the developers didn't do shit to fix it. The game lives on because of the community and modders.

With the unofficial patch it's amazing. And I was sold as soon as I found out about Therese and Jeanette lol. Thats some fucked up shit there.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
Slayer666
>----[knee]---|>

19.04.2012 at 16:00
Written by tea[m]ster on 19.04.2012 at 02:18

Hogwash, I say! The haunted hotel was just one of the few dozen brilliant moments. Yes, it is broken, but one patch fixes the majority of the problems. Is downloading one patch too hard? I think not. The developers couldn't have done much due to the lack of funds: the game wasn't selling too well.

As for the "poorly executed" part, well yea, the combat could have been slightly better and the game could have been somewhat longer and more difficult. That's it, everything else is perfect for me.

And since you've mentioned mods, the lack of quality content (that I know of) is disturbing. There is a huuuuge mod called "Antitribu" that's supposed to be out in a few months, that one looks like it will be a wet dream come true.
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal

19.04.2012 at 23:48
Written by Slayer666 on 19.04.2012 at 16:00

There is a huuuuge mod called "Antitribu" that's supposed to be out in a few months, that one looks like it will be a wet dream come true.

I wish someone would make an attempt at a second game or part 2...would do well now what with "vampire" themed shit all over the place, very popular...just not a MMO please.
----
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal

19.04.2012 at 23:49
Written by whatsacow on 19.04.2012 at 04:57

With the unofficial patch it's amazing.

Example 1,428 why PC is the best fucking platform EVER!
----
whatsacow

20.04.2012 at 06:25
Written by tea[m]ster on 19.04.2012 at 23:49

Written by whatsacow on 19.04.2012 at 04:57

With the unofficial patch it's amazing.

Example 1,428 why PC is the best fucking platform EVER!

You do realise console devs patch stuff too right?
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
Slayer666
>----[knee]---|>

20.04.2012 at 14:59
Written by tea[m]ster on 19.04.2012 at 23:48

I wish someone would make an attempt at a second game or part 2...would do well now what with "vampire" themed shit all over the place, very popular...just not a MMO please.

Well, actually, there is a World of Darkness MMO coming....
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal

21.04.2012 at 03:24
Written by Slayer666 on 20.04.2012 at 14:59

Well, actually, there is a World of Darkness MMO coming....

yea, looks cool, the illumninati shit is tight.
----
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal

21.04.2012 at 03:25
Written by whatsacow on 20.04.2012 at 06:25

I'm talkin community, modders and indie devs my man.
----
whatsacow

21.04.2012 at 11:34
Written by tea[m]ster on 21.04.2012 at 03:25

Written by whatsacow on 20.04.2012 at 06:25

I'm talkin community, modders and indie devs my man.

Yeah i know. I was just fishing for a bite lol.
----
Mattybu
crusty juggler

21.04.2012 at 22:06
Finally beat minesweeper on expert mode. Only took me 500+ games!
----
"Marcel saw 1th Ron Jeremey movie when it was out on VHS" -K7
whatsacow

29.04.2012 at 09:50
Reinstalled Half Life 2 and both eps... Marathon time. Half Life 2 still looks amazingly good...
----
Nosurper
Stinky Lips

02.05.2012 at 02:41
If anyone is considering getting the HD Silent Hill Collection for PS3 or 360, go for it. It's cheap and the new voices are excellent. I'm running through Silent Hill 2 for the first time. Pyramid Head is horrifying.
----
Bulletdodger

02.05.2012 at 20:52
Got my DOTA 2 key a few days ago, so all my of my limited gaming time is used for it.
----
Aus dem Paradies, das Cantor uns geschaffen, soll uns niemand vertreiben können.
David Hilbert
whatsacow

04.05.2012 at 02:04
Written by Nosurper on 02.05.2012 at 02:41

If anyone is considering getting the HD Silent Hill Collection for PS3 or 360, go for it. It's cheap and the new voices are excellent. I'm running through Silent Hill 2 for the first time. Pyramid Head is horrifying.

It is simply amazing how horrifying that game still is.
----
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal

04.05.2012 at 16:17
Sniper Elite out, another game to toss on the pile of games I need to play.
----
MetalSpider

09.05.2012 at 23:04
I started playing Uncharted 3...so far awesome! I'm also playing Mass Effect 3 multiplayer...which is suprisingly addicting! The single player was amazing imo despite the lackluster ending (the ending isn't bad, just lacks the closure).
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
whatsacow

11.05.2012 at 05:14
I'm in need of some more really good indie platformers, I've been playing the shit out of Super Meat Boy, Limbo, and Gish recently. Any suggestions?
----
wrathchild

11.05.2012 at 17:44
My colleagues at work have just offered me a Neo Geo. The inaccessible dream of young me back in the 90s now in my possession, it's just great!
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal

11.05.2012 at 17:55
Elder Scrolls Online announced. Good thing it's not being made by Bethesda, single-player fanboys like myself are holding out hope.
----
BitterCOld
King of Arizona

12.05.2012 at 22:59
Written by wrathchild on 11.05.2012 at 17:44

My colleagues at work have just offered me a Neo Geo. The inaccessible dream of young me back in the 90s now in my possession, it's just great!

never saw the personal device, but while stationed in guam a buddy and i used to dump quarters into a neo geo arcade style game that had like 8 different game choices on it.

good times.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.
wrathchild

13.05.2012 at 23:35
Written by BitterCOld on 12.05.2012 at 22:59

never saw the personal device, but while stationed in guam a buddy and i used to dump quarters into a neo geo arcade style game that had like 8 different game choices on it.

good times.

Good times, indeed. I don't know it the same happened in the US too but in France and maybe in Europe, only a few arcade gaming centers remain.

To own the then ultra expensive Neo Geo console is a very big thing for me, the guys really made my 30th year worth it
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
wrathchild

15.05.2012 at 00:11
A thought for all those who won't be seen for a month due to heavy playing of Diablo III
----

Txus, Mägo De Oz
BitterCOld
King of Arizona

15.05.2012 at 03:30
So finally quit WOW. have beaten Mass Effect 3 a couple times, going on third now so running out of options to try there.

my pc HATES the never winter nights i picked up recently, won't render skin.

waiting for Guild Wars to come out as a DAOC/WOW buddy says it's groovy.

what to do in the mean time?

don't have a super computer, but recently replaced everything with some good parts and rebuilt. hard drive aside, the microsoft evaluation scores most of my shit near max... so can handle about anything. prefer RPG stuff to twich FPS's...
----
Some Witty Name

15.05.2012 at 04:12
Written by BitterCOld on 15.05.2012 at 03:30

So finally quit WOW. have beaten Mass Effect 3 a couple times, going on third now so running out of options to try there.

my pc HATES the never winter nights i picked up recently, won't render skin.

waiting for Guild Wars to come out as a DAOC/WOW buddy says it's groovy.

don't have a super computer, but recently replaced everything with some good parts and rebuilt. hard drive aside, the microsoft evaluation scores most of my shit near max... so can handle about anything. prefer RPG stuff to twich FPS's...

If you get to Neverwinter Nights, you might be better off skipping the original campaign and only care about the expansions, as the original campaign is an unfinished mess and easily the most boring thing ever released by Bioware. Playing it is nothing more than a frustrating waste of time running around doing pointless fed-ex quests while fighting trash mobs using one of the mist awkward pausable real time systems known to man. The expansions are slightly better (especially the second one). There are some solid user made modules however, such as A Dance With Rogues, which is probably the biggest reason to own NWN1.

Also, keep in mind that most of the classes are quite shitty in NWN. Playing as a fighter or a sorcerer is the way to go. Classes like Cleric, Druid or Bard just make you want to smash your computer, as they are completely useless in every single way (the game isn't balanced for them in the slightest). A lot of the skills also don't do jack shit worth worrying about.

Well, other than that and stuff..

Good RPGs you might want to try out (assuming you haven't already):

Fairly recent stuff:

Legend of Grimrock. Old School party based real-time dungeon crawler with lots of puzzles (sort of a modern throwback to stuff like Dungeon Master). Would say it's mindless fun, but it's way too difficult to be mindless. Really good looking graphics. Cheap indie game, but lots of game hours.

Knights of the Chalice. Another recent indie RPG. If you forgive the graphics (it's among the ugliest things ever, seriously) and the sort of weak story it's one of the greatest RPG games released recently. Tactical turn based combat awaits aplenty.

Drakensang games. These are pretty much your average pausable real time RPGs with some amount of party control. They're quite good, and they serve as a better alternative to Dragon Age. Based on The Dark Eye ruleset which is a german pnp system.

NWN2 expansions. Like NWN1, the OC is a bit of a mess here, but the expansions are better. That is, assuming you can get past some of the worst camera controls I've ever encountered in a game.

Geneforge series. A series of 5 really difficult and unforgiving indie RPGs that also happen to be some of the best RPGs ever made. Really non-linear and open (assuming you have places to go to where you won't just die).

You might also want to check out the demo for supposedely coming RPG Age of Decadence, which might have a release date coming up at some point.

Earlier games:

Arcanum. It shipped kind of buggy, but the unofficial patch which can be found by googling sort of fixes the worst problems. One of the main problem is that it's been designed for both turn based and real time combat and neither one really works right. Quest design and setting is excellent and the game is huge.

Wizardry 8. If you like old school party based RPGs, this is among the best. Make sure you download the mod that speeds up enemy animations though or it's gonna move at a crawl.

Just to name some examples. You could also download Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup for free and get irreversibly sucked in like I did

Have fun!
BitterCOld
King of Arizona

15.05.2012 at 04:49
Written by Some Witty Name on 15.05.2012 at 04:12
Have fun!

i did play the original NWN and Underdark xp back when they came out. liked it, but nowhere near the quality of Baldur's Gate (played 2 and TOB) - thankfully that is being redone/re-released at some point in the future.

never played NWN2, but the game was already not exactly cutting edge when it came out... less so now.

will take those suggestions into consideration.
----
!J.O.O.E.!

15.05.2012 at 05:30
Written by BitterCOld on 15.05.2012 at 03:30

The Witcher 2 would be the obvious choice for the moment. Easy to get into, story driven single player RPG that's worth 2 playthroughs due to a significant difference in a large portion of the game.
----
BoxCar Willy
John Doe

15.05.2012 at 05:57
Written by tea[m]ster on 11.05.2012 at 17:55

Elder Scrolls Online announced. Good thing it's not being made by Bethesda, single-player fanboys like myself are holding out hope.

For console's too?
----
Pop punk crusader
!J.O.O.E.!

16.05.2012 at 03:21
So... Diablo III seems to be doing well in Metacritic's User Scores....
----
BoxCar Willy
John Doe

16.05.2012 at 03:55
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 16.05.2012 at 03:21

So... Diablo III seems to be doing well in Metacritic's User Scores....

but it's only been out for 6 hours
----
Pop punk crusader

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 34

Login or register to post here.