Video Games You're Playing

21.06.2014 - 21:49
Slayer666
Written by IronAngel on 21.06.2014 at 21:07

Working my way through the game slowly and I appreciate it for what it is, but I do not feel it's the pinnacle of gaming.

Pretty much how I feel about the Souls series as well. The challenge factor, trial-and-error mechanics and good boss design (for the most part) are pretty much the only reasons I like those games. If the difficulty wasn't set to what it is and the enemies weren't as varied and interesting, the Souls series would have been a collection of completely average, if not sub-par games.
22.06.2014 - 13:18
Uldreth
Written by Slayer666 on 21.06.2014 at 14:41

Just play Vampire. Honestly, I've gotten pretty sick even of myself for hyping that game so much whenever I'm given half a chance, but seriously, it's just that good. If you can overlook some bugs here and there. Although, there are so many unofficial patches out there that bugs are almost completely rooted out and even the game itself is improved. So install a shitload of patches and enjoy one of the greatest games ever made.

As for KotOR, only the second one is Planescape:Torment-ish. The first one is a pretty standard SW affair with a huge "ZOMG WTF" twist, but the second one is truly miles ahead in terms of narrative, writing, characters and overall themes. It's about as close as you're going to get to Planescape, IMHO.

I really should check out that Vampire thing then hehe.

And aye, it is the second game I am playing. I should probably also get the restoration mod but first I wanna see how it is without it. SO far I am really liking it, Kreia is probably the best SW character I have encountered so far.

I am a bit set back by getting addicted to Torchlight though, recently .
24.06.2014 - 15:33
Mad Arab666
Playing fifa 13 along with mass effect trilogy. Never played mass effect before but heard alot hype and good things about it. That, baldirs gate, kotor and SWTOR are h only bioware games I haven't played.

I also spontaneously bought a PS4 but didn't realise that I needed a HD tv to play it. Saving up for one now. Guess I learnt to research stuff before I buy it.
----
One does not simply rock into Blashyrkh
25.06.2014 - 18:32
Ernis
狼獾
Assassin's Creed: Black Flag is wonderful. At first I was sceptic about it because I wasn't exactly a fan of the naval missions in the previous instalment. Turns out it's just another great example of this series where every game is an improved version of its predecessor.
----
Go ahead, make my day...
25.06.2014 - 19:01
Mattybu
Written by Ernis on 25.06.2014 at 18:32

Assassin's Creed: Black Flag is wonderful. At first I was sceptic about it because I wasn't exactly a fan of the naval missions in the previous instalment. Turns out it's just another great example of this series where every game is an improved version of its predecessor.

The DLC for that game actually looks really cool also. I have never played an AC game but I would try that DLC on it's own if I had the chance.
25.06.2014 - 20:51
!J.O.O.E.!
Defunct
Gonna give Skyrim another go, this time modded up to its eyeballs. Any good ones that might not be that well known?
25.06.2014 - 21:03
Mattybu
Tales from Metal Gear Solid 4

Snake: Nahhyomii!!

*Snake collapses on the ground, panting and grunting. He gets up, lights a cigarette, takes a drag, coughs and grunts some more*

Snake: Hnghhh.... Ughh

Otacon: Okay Snake, listen up. Your next mission is going to take you into the middle of the CRTY's airbase. Rumor has it that the PLR has been shipping weapons in behind the CGF's back, and the HGP isn't happy about it.... The GBN has been on high security ever since. LIQUID is behind this! The US army is on high alert, because the Patriots are involved, and the GTC has no intel on them. We must atone for the sins of the past Snake...

Snake: Hnngg.... *coughs* unghh...

*Snake has flashbacks*

Snake:.....Otacon.. hnnghh.. I'm... unghh... not the same.. hnghhh... as I used to be... *coughs*

Otacon: I know Snake. The trouble is, Liquid knows what's going with Big Boss. If either of them find out where Big Mama is well... That would be trouble. But Big Boss isn't really working with Big Mama, in fact, Little Boss is working with the Patriots and they, in turn, have created a faux alignment with Liquid and Big Boss. Big Mama isn't going to be happy about this.

Snake: hnghh... Nahhyohmhi.....

*Snake is seen bent over coughing and gruntly for roughly 2 minutes, then is shortly afterwards airlifted to his next mission and dropped out of a helicopter from 50 feet*
26.06.2014 - 20:07
Slayer666
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 25.06.2014 at 20:51

Gonna give Skyrim another go, this time modded up to its eyeballs. Any good ones that might not be that well known?

I'm actually doing the exact same thing right now, only with Oblivion. Skyrim is nice and all, but Oblivion pumps me with so much nostalgia it starts dripping from my ears.

Funny thing is that I haven't heard of any real quality mods that overhaul Skyrim. It's all either graphic overhauls or some not-very-relevant gameplay changes.
26.06.2014 - 20:31
!J.O.O.E.!
Defunct
Written by Slayer666 on 26.06.2014 at 20:07

I'm actually doing the exact same thing right now, only with Oblivion. Skyrim is nice and all, but Oblivion pumps me with so much nostalgia it starts dripping from my ears.

Funny thing is that I haven't heard of any real quality mods that overhaul Skyrim. It's all either graphic overhauls or some not-very-relevant gameplay changes.

I've been having a mess around. It's a lot of faffing really as the whole boot order thing gets really tedious. The RealVision ENB is a pretty significant visual upgrade but it wrecks my framerate and causes awful mouse lag. A bunch of others i can't seem to get working
26.06.2014 - 20:44
Slayer666
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 26.06.2014 at 20:31

I've been having a mess around. It's a lot of faffing really as the whole boot order thing gets really tedious. The RealVision ENB is a pretty significant visual upgrade but it wrecks my framerate and causes awful mouse lag. A bunch of others i can't seem to get working

Eh, Skyrim has nice enough graphics not to need upgrades, I think. I'm pretty happy with "Character Overhaul" in Oblivion that only improves faces of NPCs. Other than that, just pump all setting to the max and you're good to go even on a game from 2006.

There are some nice magic mods for Skyrim, though. Can't remember the names, but they make the abysmal magic system in Skyrim into a pretty decent one.
27.06.2014 - 18:26
Ganondox
Just won Rayman Origins, now I need to collect all the skull teeth so I can fight the real final boss.
27.06.2014 - 18:29
!J.O.O.E.!
Defunct
Written by Slayer666 on 26.06.2014 at 20:44

Eh, Skyrim has nice enough graphics not to need upgrades, I think. I'm pretty happy with "Character Overhaul" in Oblivion that only improves faces of NPCs. Other than that, just pump all setting to the max and you're good to go even on a game from 2006.

There are some nice magic mods for Skyrim, though. Can't remember the names, but they make the abysmal magic system in Skyrim into a pretty decent one.

I dunno, I've been playing about with mods for the past few days and I'm not sure I could go back to vanilla any more. The textures in the game are horribly low-res and the game can look a bit flat out of the box, so it benefits quite a bit from some ENB things.
29.06.2014 - 06:53
Mattybu
I was at a friend's place and we played a bunch of games, including Gummy Bears Mini Golf 4-player on Wii, which was some of the most hilarious and fun wii shovelware gaming ever. He got it for free at a flea market apparently, good shit though, anyone with a Wii has gotta grab that if they see it.
29.06.2014 - 16:32
Ilham
Giant robot
Yeah no, I have no one to play that with. I already look stupid enough dancing alone in front of my TV.
29.06.2014 - 18:19
Mr. Doctor
Skandino
Currently re-playing Doom 3. It had been a few years since I played it. Wanted to check if the game still creeped me out so I've been play it at night with the lights out and... Yeah. Shit's still creepy.

I need to complete Icewind Dale II though, a year ago I was almost done with the whole game but stopped with basically 80% of the game done when Uni started. Should finish it. That always happens to me with long games, even if they are damn good. xD
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
29.06.2014 - 21:58
Mattybu
Written by Ilham on 29.06.2014 at 16:32

Yeah no, I have no one to play that with. I already look stupid enough dancing alone in front of my TV.

If you're talking about Gummy Bears Mini Golf as far as single player goes I would say the game provides anywhere between 5 and 20 minutes of gameplay. Pretty sweet.
29.06.2014 - 22:11
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by Mattybu on 29.06.2014 at 21:58

If you're talking about Gummy Bears Mini Golf as far as single player goes I would say the game provides anywhere between 5 and 20 minutes of gameplay. Pretty sweet.

I wanted to make a foreplay joke. But nah. That's about the time I need to ragequit four times.
29.06.2014 - 22:52
Mattybu
Written by Ilham on 29.06.2014 at 22:11

Written by Mattybu on 29.06.2014 at 21:58

I wanted to make a foreplay joke. But nah. That's about the time I need to ragequit four times.

well seeing as the controls are completely shoddy and inconsistent, if you try and take that game seriously, I imagine it would be pretty frustrating. Probably the best part is when you choose your gummy bear character at the beginning, which are all identical just different colours, there are 8 to choose from, and 2 of them are the actual closest possible purple colours to each other without being the exact same purple. So pointless and awesome.
29.06.2014 - 23:33
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by Mattybu on 29.06.2014 at 22:52

well seeing as the controls are completely shoddy and inconsistent, if you try and take that game seriously, I imagine it would be pretty frustrating. Probably the best part is when you choose your gummy bear character at the beginning, which are all identical just different colours, there are 8 to choose from, and 2 of them are the actual closest possible purple colours to each other without being the exact same purple. So pointless and awesome.

You know I'm just dicking around, right? I have no intention of buying/trying that game haha.

I pushed my computer today on an OCCT and Valley benchmark. I'm going to have visualgasms when I finally get around to playing for real.
30.06.2014 - 01:14
IronAngel
XCOM was loads of fun, gonna go for a Classic playthrough sometime in the future. Grabbed Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes and Age of Wonders III off the Steam sale to tickle my TBS fancy. Might be a bit redundant to have them both, but whatever, the former was cheap and looks quite unique in its blend of empire management and combat.
30.06.2014 - 06:36
Mattybu
Written by Ilham on 29.06.2014 at 23:33

Written by Mattybu on 29.06.2014 at 22:52

You know I'm just dicking around, right? I have no intention of buying/trying that game haha.

I know, I know. Just enlightening you on some of the great quirks of that godly game
01.07.2014 - 21:38
Mattybu
I was playing project M with my friends yesterday and fountain of dreams with this in the background is like 10000% priceless.

01.07.2014 - 21:47
!J.O.O.E.!
Defunct
"If a nigga get a attitude, drop it like it's hot."

Truly, if I had been given such advice when I was a wee nipper I would have grown up to be a much greater man.
02.07.2014 - 04:47
Mattybu
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 01.07.2014 at 21:47

"If a nigga get a attitude, drop it like it's hot."

Truly, if I had been given such advice when I was a wee nipper I would have grown up to be a much greater man.

Luckily I've had plenty of Snoop Dogg intake throughout my formative years, I'm sure I'll turn out much better than you
02.07.2014 - 04:53
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by Mattybu on 02.07.2014 at 04:47

Luckily I've had plenty of Snoop Dogg intake throughout my formative years, I'm sure I'll turn out much better than you

That's not a hard thing to achieve .
02.07.2014 - 16:28
!J.O.O.E.!
Defunct
Have only played about 15 minutes of Lifeless Planet but am already enthralled. Great, minimalist atmosphere. Can see this being very 2001: A Space Odyssey-like. Reviews seem very poor though.
03.07.2014 - 18:00
Slayer666
For whatever reason, this one made me laugh like an idiot:

03.07.2014 - 18:27
Mattybu
Slayer666, that is awesome

Reminded me of something else in Project M, if you win with Solid Snake that's the song that plays on the winning screen. Also hilarious.
03.07.2014 - 19:14
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Slayer666 on 03.07.2014 at 18:00
For whatever reason, this one made me laugh like an idiot:

There's a pretty good comp of him doing that:

----
Prettier than BloodTears.
04.07.2014 - 23:47
!J.O.O.E.!
Defunct
So has anyone played 'Space Rangers 2: Rise of the Dominators'? Seems to be one of the highest user-rated games on Metacritic for the PC. Looks like a mish-mash of various genres like RTS, turn-based, RPG trading, text-adventure etc. and so on. I've had about 10 minutes go on it but it looks pretty heavy on the menus and stats (for me anyway). I think it's something I can get into. The music is hella nice at least.

Advertise on Metal Storm