Video Games You're Playing

22.07.2014 - 08:10
Stunning Cactus
Currently playing Smite. Pretty much a rip off of League of Legends and every other game like it, but still slightly unique and entertaining.
----
"I always knew metal would live on. I was right."
~Me, 2013
23.07.2014 - 06:49
whatsacow
NEW DARK SOULS 2 DLC BITCHES! It's kinda fun, even if they did ruin my Faith Caster. Seriously, don't make a Faith Caster anymore. They're now rubbish.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
23.07.2014 - 10:57
IronAngel
Decent Humble Bundle right now: for 15€ you can grab Thief Gold, the entire Deus Ex franchise, Hitman 1, 2 and Absolution, and some other stuff. Too bad I already have the ones I want the most.
25.07.2014 - 01:00
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Stuck in my home town without proper Internet so bought myself the HD collection of the MGS games (not the Legacy one though). Quite looking forward to going through MGS3 again. This time with playable frame rate.

Contemplating getting Tales of Xillia as well. Thing is Tales games have all disappointed me since Symphonia and the reviews I've read don't totally convince me. Not sure I can take any more anime stereotypes.
26.07.2014 - 02:05
Dima
Go play Don't Starve.
29.07.2014 - 21:09
Akram
I'm not into video games that much but recently I started playing "Hitman: Absolution" and no, I'm not new to Hitman series.
----
"Neither love, friendship, or respect, unite as much as common hatred."
30.07.2014 - 11:23
raveneffect
Written by Dima on 26.07.2014 at 02:05

Go play Don't Starve.

New Multiplayer DLC looks promising
02.08.2014 - 02:21
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Anyone played the Dark Souls 2 DLC yet?
02.08.2014 - 02:41
Dima
Uhhh I watched a stream of it if that counts. It's only 1 outta 3 parts so I won't comment on whether it's better than the Prepare to Die DLC but it's solid stuff. Much better level design, at least 1 great boss, others looked decent at best.
02.08.2014 - 03:01
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
I might try and hold off till all 3 parts are out. Will be more satisfying to have that much content in one go.
02.08.2014 - 18:39
Mattybu
I'm down to my last 2 PS3 games to beat- Grand Theft Auto 4 and God of War III. I hope I can get through them before summer's over. Not so worried about God of War but I get the feeling GTA is going to be a looong story and the gameplay isn't exactly stellar so it might be a bit of a mission.
03.08.2014 - 04:02
Dima
Long and shitty. GoW3 is great but not as good as the prequel. Near to nothing's as good as GoW2.
03.08.2014 - 18:50
Dima
Well 50 hours invested into Don't Starve and I have to say it's become one of my favourite games. I've spent about 20 of the last 48 hours playing it which is pretty depressing but I've loved every minute of it.

The game can be pretty monotonous and frustrating when you first pick it up as it doesn't exactly conjure up a hold your hand type of affair. You'll die many times early on and couple that with the fact that you start off each time doing vaguely the same stuff (collect supplies x,y,z, make a fire, get a food source), I can understand why people give up on it. However below the surface, you have a detailed and in depth game that offers quite a bit of variety and fun.

4 seasons that change the gameplay quite a bit, many characters all with their palpable pros and cons, tons of things to craft, tons of intricate and subtle nuances to the game. I could go on all night.

Tl;dr Detailed and comprehensive world, lovable art style, only gonna get better with incoming multiplayer, mod support. Best survival game to date.
03.08.2014 - 19:00
Mattybu
Written by Dima on 03.08.2014 at 04:02

GoW3 is great but not as good as the prequel. Near to nothing's as good as GoW2.

So far GoW3 is on par with the second for me, if not better. I really love it when game makers don't mess around with the things that make a game good in the first place, and there isn't much drastic change from GoW-GoW3. And the third is basically just the best graphics, best combat, an epic story on par with the others, and some of the most unreal boss fights I have ever experienced.
03.08.2014 - 23:16
Slayer666
Risen 3 looks rather promising. The first one was fairly good during its first half but then took a nosedive, the second one was a pirate-themed abortion, so I'm hoping Piranha bytes learned from their mistakes and maybe they can finally make a good modern Gothic game (hopefully with good combat, 'cuz that would be a first, it's astonishing how retarded PB are in that aspect).

Also, Lichdom:Battlemage looks swanky.
04.08.2014 - 04:09
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Vaas in Far Cry 3 is the greatest character/actor in any video game I've ever played.
----
rekt
04.08.2014 - 05:07
Dima
Written by Mattybu on 03.08.2014 at 19:00

So far GoW3 is on par with the second for me, if not better. I really love it when game makers don't mess around with the things that make a game good in the first place, and there isn't much drastic change from GoW-GoW3. And the third is basically just the best graphics, best combat, an epic story on par with the others, and some of the most unreal boss fights I have ever experienced.

Ye as most successful trilogies go they didn't really mess with the formula. The second one was just the most memorable for me. The pacing was just perfect.
04.08.2014 - 06:17
Mattybu
Written by Dima on 04.08.2014 at 05:07

Ye as most successful trilogies go they didn't really mess with the formula. The second one was just the most memorable for me. The pacing was just perfect.

Yeah. Pacing in the 2nd and 3rd I find pretty similar to be honest. They really made them just buttery. I might just be an idiot too but I found some of the puzzles in the first game really hard, which at times was grating cause I would sit there for half an hour solving a puzzle wishing there was some more guys to go macho on.
05.08.2014 - 17:13
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
I got impatient and had a sneaky look at the bosses in the new Dark Souls DLC and I'm pretty appalled. From what I saw it's a re-skin of Guardian Dragon, a re-skin of Nashandra and a trio of standard looking NPCs, one of which is a clone of Havel! They all seem to have similar moves to their original counterparts too. How disappointing and lazy.
05.08.2014 - 18:20
Slayer666
Written by Guest on 05.08.2014 at 17:13

I got impatient and had a sneaky look at the bosses in the new Dark Souls DLC and I'm pretty appalled. From what I saw it's a re-skin of Guardian Dragon, a re-skin of Nashandra and a trio of standard looking NPCs, one of which is a clone of Havel! They all seem to have similar moves to their original counterparts too. How disappointing and lazy.

A shame. I remember the bonus content in "Prepare to Die" was awesome. Knight Artorias and Manus were easily the best bosses in the game. I spent almost a full summer day trying to beat Manus, died roughly 30 times.
05.08.2014 - 18:21
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Slayer666 on 05.08.2014 at 18:20

A shame. I remember the bonus content in "Prepare to Die" was awesome. Knight Artorias and Manus were easily the best bosses in the game. I spent almost a full summer day trying to beat Manus, died roughly 30 times.

I agree, they nailed that DLC through and through. The new one looks pretty bland in terms of locations too.
06.08.2014 - 02:09
Dima
The location itself is pretty meh but the level design is great. The dragon really is a re-skin of Kalameet imo. The tri boss was obviously meant to promote summoning but I didn't like it. The 1st boss was quite a cop out too. They did what you shouldn't do and gave the boss some level of difficulty simply by throwing minions into the fray. That's just not creative...
12.08.2014 - 11:35
raveneffect
Found MGS 5 for 15€ on the used games shelf and decided it was a good gift for my sister. Havent played it though, only saw a few minutes of her gameplay and I was stunned by such amazing graphics and complicated plays. The game looks really good.
13.08.2014 - 03:38
Dima
BUILD UP THAT BLOODBORNE HYPE

The weapon change at 1:15 might be one of the hottest things i've seen in a game.

13.08.2014 - 03:43
Ilham
Giant robot
Yeah I saw that video pop up a couple times in my FB feed. I would have totally played that if I had a console. Reminds me of when DMC went out.
13.08.2014 - 03:47
Slayer666
Me upon initially seeing the trailer: "Holy shit, this is so cool! Like an even more eery, Victorian England Dark Souls!"

Me upon realizing Bloodborne will be a PS4 exclusive: "Bah, a cheap Dark Souls clone with a different theme! Big fucking deal! "sobs quietly in the corner^ "
13.08.2014 - 04:00
Ilham
Giant robot
Okay. People. Kojima is working on Silent Hill. And here's a trailer.

13.08.2014 - 11:20
raveneffect
Saw the thumbnail while scrolling FB this morning. cant wait to actually check the video.
15.08.2014 - 21:25
Andro Maximus
Account deleted
Icewind Dale. First time playing. Have been a huge Bioware fan ever since I first played Baldur's Gate way back in don't remember when. So far, it is living up to expectations. Many have described it as BG's little brother and it is just that, very similar, very addiction, yet a bit smaller and more intimate, if that's the correct word. The area of Forgotten Realms that one gets to explore is not as big, but it feels more homely and inviting. The tree-town of Kuldahar is a location more atmospheric and awesome than any place in BG I and II or any location in Dragon Age I or II was for me. All in all a great game so far, would recommend to anyone and everyone.
15.08.2014 - 22:00
Mattybu
I got Borderlands 2 the other day and have been playing it, it's fun and probably just as good as the first. Racistly there is no black character to pick so I had to go with Salvador this time around, but I think his action skill is more fun than the soldier class turrets anyways.